Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven Forbid ❯ The "Date" ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Jesus Christ is in Heaven now...
 
 
Chapter 5
 
 
A moan could be heard throughout the basement. Laughter was audible, too. It came from Karen and Alucard, who were inside Alucard's room. Karen lay on his bed and Alucard lay with her with his shirt off. He crawled up on top of her. He passionately, yet roughly kissed her. She moaned once more. He rubbed every inch of her body. They were prepared for something that will take their relationship to a whole new level.
 
“Master,” said Karen concerned, “Will I turn into a ghoul?” she asked worriedly.
 
Alucard stared at her and smiled. He held her head under his chin and against his chest. “No,” he said in a chuckle, “You won't...”
 
“But,” continued Karen, “They said that—”
 
“You only turn into a ghoul if you're attacked by a vampire when you're not a virgin,” explained Alucard, “Once your blood is drank while you're a virgin, there's no way in turning into a ghoul, even after... well, you know... Even if you're a vampire now, there's still no way in turning into a ghoul after this.
 
“I understand,” she smiled.
 
“Now... aren't you glad I drank your blood first? Because after tonight... you won't be a vir—”
 
“Master, I know,” said Karen.
 
“If I wouldn't have drunk your blood first... That truly beautiful face of yours would be the rotted face of a ghoul...” Alucard smiled warmly. “Karen, are you sure?”
 
“Master,” she began, “I've never been so sure in my life.”
 
Alucard sighed and smiled. “Alright,” he said warmly. He kissed from her neck up to her ear and pulled the covers over them both. One last moan from Alucard was heard...
 
Karen screamed and awoke instantly. She sat up quickly and tried to catch her breath. “Oh my God!” she exclaimed, “I can't believe that just happened! Christ!”
 
Just then, the doctor opened the door. “Ms. Haven, I have some good news,” said doctor Kiel.
 
“Yeah, what is it?” asked Karen with her head in between her knees. Her eyes would be scarred for an eternity.
 
“Well, we got your test results in and you'll be good to go in about a few more days,” he said with a smile.
 
Karen was shocked. “WHAT!!!” she exclaimed, “I thought I was supposed to be out today!”
 
“Well, we need to do one quick surgery first then give it time to heal...”
 
“SURGERY??? WHAT??? I'M FINE, DOCTOR!!!”
 
“No, no you're not,” he said wiping off his stethoscope. “Don't worry; it's just two more days...”
 
Karen grunted and sighed and let her head fall back in between her knees. “God...” she mumbled.
 
Meanwhile, back at the organization, Alucard woke up smiling, still a little sleepy from the previous dream. He shook his head back into reality. “What?” he whispered. It had been a shock to him too. He rubbed his face to wake himself up a little more. He sighed and lay still on the bed.
 
Integra walked into the room and leaned over Alucard, looking at the perverted look in his eyes. She figured he was probably drunk. “So tell me, Alucard... Are you sober?”
 
Alucard still had a slight smirk on his face. “I didn't drink at all last night,” he said with a slur. He smiled, waiting on a reply from Integra.
 
She glared at him. “What have you been up to lately, Alucard?” She knew she would get an explanation out of him someway or another. “First you expect me to believe you were visiting your `fiancé' at the hospital... and now you say you're sober—”
 
“Oh! But I am,” he remarked.
 
“I don't recall... you ever acting like this... You never wear cologne, you never carry mints, and I certainly don't believe you ever bathe in the main tub,” Integra said. She stared at him. “Do you have feelings for this girl, Alucard?”
 
“Ha! And what, you think I do?” he laughed, “Maybe I just wanted a change... Maybe I enjoy the scent... or maybe I was trying to impress her.” He blinked. “The choice is yours to decide. Maybe I do have a thing for her, who knows?” he pulled the covers off of him and licked his teeth. “Or maybe I'm trying to lure her in for her blood...”
 
Integra scowled. “You're sick...” she commented.
 
Alucard rose up off the bed.
 
“Alucard, what is going on between you and Miss Haven,” Integra asked again.
 
“You won't believe it if you hear it,” said Alucard, “But I met her in a dream.”
 
“Oh, okay... right,” said Integra as she left the room.
 
Alucard laughed to himself. “Same as always, master,” he said. He watched as Integra marched down the hall to the basement. “Same as always...”
 
At the hospital, Karen still laid in her bed. She was unable to exit the room, unless she was going somewhere in the cafeteria. She felt so prisoned...
 
All without warning, she wondered about Alucard. How was he? What was he doing at the moment? She sighed. Suddenly, she noticed something odd on her nightstand. She looked to see it was a note from Alucard... with two white mints weighing it down.
 
She picked up the little letter. She smiled as she read it. He had such pretty handwriting, she thought. She frowned and shook her head. She thought about last night and what she had done to him. Was she beginning to get attached to him? She smiled and shook her head once more. She held the note close to her chest as she lay back on her bed and looked up at the ceiling.
 
Meanwhile...
 
“Victoria here, I'm on the scene. Whatever you do, hold your fire,” Seras spoke quietly into a headset.
 
Recent news from the organization is that there were a couple ghouls terrorizing the town. Seras was the first to call on duty.
 
“Alright Victoria, it's all yours. In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation... Amen...” replied Commander Peter Fargason.
 
“Amen...” Seras graced.
 
This was yet another day for Seras. Missions like these were only a small amount compared to what she had been through when she still worked with Alucard. Now that she had more experience in becoming a Vampire Hunter, she works on her own with the rest of the soldiers.
 
“There they are, I can see them,” she said to herself. She pulled the trigger to the ugly carcasses of ghouls. One went down, screaming and flowing away as dust with the wind. The other, on the other hand, she missed. “Crap,” she muttered to herself. Her mind was on Alucard rather than work. Why was he with a woman last night? Were they in a relationship? These thoughts prevented Seras from concentrating. “Don't miss,” she said to herself. She fired and succeeded in killing the remaining ghoul.
 
Seras stood up and pulled the speaker to her mouth. “Alright men, target A and B silenced. Let's go home.”
 
All the soldiers, including Seras, retreated to their truck to carry on back to the organization for a well deserved rest.
 
Back at the organization, Alucard emerged from inside his room with messy hair. He hadn't bothered to fix it. He passed Seras, who had just arrived into the building, along the way.
 
Seras gasped and grinned. “Score! Am I right, master?” she asked anxiously.
 
Alucard looked down to the side at her. “What?”
 
“Did you finally manage to get to—” Seras whistled, “—with that girl you were visiting last night?” She giggled.
 
Alucard remembered the dream he had last night. He scowled and blushed a little bit. His bright pink blushing wasn't visible because of his raven black hair. “Ugh, what? No! Police Girl, get out of my sight! We don't have a relationship like that!” he exclaimed waving his hands as if he were fanning her away.
 
Seras giggled and ran down the hall to her bedroom, taunting and chanting the words of, “Master's got a girlfriend!” repeatedly.
 
Alucard growled. “Brat...” he muttered under his breath. He sighed and put his hand on his head. Sometimes he wonders why he turned her into a vampire in the first place... but he wouldn't change it for anything.
 
Seras stopped from a distance and turned back around. “Admit it, master! You have feelings for that girl!” she laughed and went back on to running.
 
Alucard didn't say anything. He didn't feel like arguing. It was now evening, which was like morning to him.
 
`Maybe I'll go see Karen,' thought Alucard.
 
Meanwhile, back at the hospital, Karen got out of bed to see doctor Kiel. She walked down the stairs and ran right into him. “Ah! Good evening, Miss Haven,” he said kindly.
 
She smiled. “And a good evening to you, too,” she said politely back, “Doctor, do you think it would be alright if I went out tonight?”
 
Doctor Kiel rubbed his head. “Well, I suppose since you were supposed to be released today...”
 
Karen gasped and smiled even more. “Thanks Doc!”
 
Alucard slipped on a black tuxedo-like suit with a white and silver tie. He didn't wear a hat or glasses. He carried a pack of cigars in his pocket.
 
Karen slipped her school uniform on.
 
Meanwhile, oddly enough, Alucard was on his way into the door to the hospital while Karen was running down the stairs to the first floor. It wasn't long until the collided into one another. Karen flew back and landed on her rear while Alucard stumbled. It was hard to take him down since he was in fact 6'3 tall.
 
Alucard shook his head back into reality and noticed Karen was on the floor wincing in pain. “Oh! Are you okay?” he asked helping her up.
 
“Yeah,” she said taking his hand. “Thanks... sorry about that,” she smiled.
 
“That's alright,” he said. “What a coincidence, I was just coming up to see you.”
 
“Hmm,” she said smiling. She noticed he was wearing cologne again. The scent made her heart flutter. “Hey, I don't mean to ask... but... why are you dressed so nice?” she asked.
 
“Well,” he fixed the artificial flowers sticking from his pocket, “I was planning on taking you to a restaurant. You know the Greek one down the road?”
 
Karen gasped. “Really? I'd love to go!” she exclaimed.
 
Alucard whistled. “Wow, riled up tonight, aren't you school girl?”
 
Karen blushed. “Oh, I'm sorry. I've just been cooped up for so long and—” Karen laughed, “—I couldn't help it. It's nice to get out once in a while,” she replied smiling.
 
Alucard merely stared. Although he was smiling, he had a glimpse of wonder if she was mental in his eyes. “Alright... shall we go, then?”
 
It wasn't long until Karen and Alucard walked out of the hospital doors. They walked down the road in destination of the Greek restaurant. They chatted the whole way, mainly about their everyday duties and what it's like to be a vampire hunter and a patient alike. Alucard told her all the basics. Some of the things he told her she already knew because of the dreams they had.
 
A few minutes later, Karen and Alucard arrived at the large fancy Greek restaurant. It was very quiet and music played quietly from large speakers in the ceiling. Only mumbles and mutters were audible. He guided her along until they finally got to the serviceman.
 
“Take my arm,” Alucard whispered into Karen's ear.
 
“What? Why?” Karen blushed.
 
“Because this is a traditional restaurant. It's English ladylike manners. “Now... Please Miss Haven?”
 
“Uhhh,” Karen choked nervously. She slowly wrapped both her arms around his left arm.
 
They walked up to the waiter.
 
“Good evening,” said the waiter kindly, “Table for two?”
 
“Actually yes,” said Alucard. His eyes glowed, causing the waiter to be slightly shocked.
 
“Umh, smoking or nonsmoking, sir?”
 
“Smoking,” Alucard replied. Karen looked at him, her arms still wrapped around his.
 
“Alright, right this way sir,” said the waiter.
 
The waiter guided them to their table. Alucard looked at Karen with a smile. “You can let go of my arm now,” he said.
 
Karen gasped and blushed.
 
“Or you can hold on, it doesn't matter.” Alucard laughed. Karen let go and blushed of embarrassment. They both sat down at their seats right across from each other. It was a small table that only held two seats. Karen was amazed at the marble floor and walls alike and the golden chandelier dangling above their individual table. She smiled.
 
The waiter set an ashtray in the middle of the table along with two menus and a bottle of grape wine. Karen looked around in amazement.
 
“Please do be patient sir, your server will be here momentarily,” said the waiter.
 
Alucard folded his hands together. Karen looked back at him in disgust as he lit a cigar. “I didn't know you smoked...” she said.
 
“Only on special occasions. I'm not addicted. After all, I can control that,” Alucard said, smoke puffing out with every word he said. “Does it bother you?”
 
“No, it's just... I didn't know,” she said looking down at her hands folded on the table.
 
Alucard smirked. “What's wrong? You seem nervous...”
 
“Nervous? No, no, I'm not nervous. In fact, I'm enjoying every minute here. This is amazing!”
 
“I'm glad you like it. You should come here more often.” Alucard poured a glass of the grape wine. He handed it to her. “Wine?” he asked.
 
“Oh no,” said Karen pushing the glass away, “I can't drink.”
 
Alucard eyed her suspiciously. “Really...” he asked. He looked in closer. “How old are you, Karen?”
 
“Umm,” Karen looked shyly down to the side.
 
“Answer me,” Alucard said firmly.
 
Karen gasped. But then went back to her gloomy expression. “Fifteen...” she said sadly.
 
Alucard didn't say anything.
 
“But I'll be sixteen next month,” she said brightening up a little. She knew what he was thinking.
 
Again, Alucard didn't say anything. He recalled the dream he had last night and sighed. He inhaled more smoke from the cigar and blew it out slowly. He fell silent.
 
“Alucard...” said Karen. She frowned.
 
“You...” he began, “You're just so young...”
 
Karen looked to the side again. “You're thinking of the dream again, aren't you...”
 
Alucard was silent. “I...” Alucard sighed, “I apparently didn't know...”
 
“Well, you seemed pretty sure about it to me,” replied Karen. “But... it was just a dream, right? It couldn't possibly happen.”
 
“It could, but I guess you're right.”
 
Karen smiled along with Alucard.
 
The waiter finally came, interrupting Karen and Alucard's moment of staring and smiling warmly at each other. He set silverware and napkins down on the table. “Sir,” he began. He looked at Karen, “And madam... Would I interest you in our finest red wine?”
 
“No thank you,” said Alucard, “She can't drink and I won't either.”
 
“Alright then, are you ready to order?”
 
“I won't be having anything,” said Alucard. He looked at Karen with a smile.
 
“And you, ma'am?”
 
“Uhhh,” she stuttered, “I... think I may need a little more time,” she said.
 
“Okay then, I'll be back shortly.”
 
Karen looked at Alucard. “You're not eating?” she asked.
 
“I don't need to,” he replied. “I took you here to get away from the hospital's cafeteria food. I thought you might want something good once in a while.”
 
Karen smirked. “To get me away from the food?” she asked.
 
“Well, maybe I was a little off... maybe this is more like a—”
 
“Date?” she asked. Alucard nodded his head slightly. She chuckled.
 
A few minutes later, the waiter arrived again to take Karen's order. All she wanted was a salad. It was delivered to her within the next ten minutes. She figured they took the time to make it perfect.
 
Karen took a bite of the salad. She was stunned. “This is excellent!” she said.
 
“This is a five-star restaurant,” said Alucard, “It was rated number one in the nation.”
 
Karen was amazed.
 
After a few more bites of the salad were taken, Karen finally built up enough courage to tell Alucard something very important.
 
“Alucard,” she began, “The doctor said... that they can't release me until two more days...”
 
Alucard frowned. “Why?” he asked.
 
“Well, because I have to get surgery done.”
 
Alucard was hurt. “What?”
 
Karen sighed. “It was a bit of a shock for me too...”
 
Alucard reached his arm across the table and rested his hand on hers. “No matter what, Karen, I will be there.”
 
Karen smiled. Her heart burst with heat. She chuckled. “It's not that big of a deal,” she said.
 
“Where at?”
 
“Above my ear,” said Karen pointing at the area. “It's just a small surgery. Nothing big...”
 
“Oh,” said Alucard, “You had me frightened for a second.” He laughed.
 
Karen finished her salad only moments later while Alucard spent the remaining time on his cigar. He had gotten a pack of them from on his master's desk. He figured she was probably furious. He didn't care.
 
They soon paid the tab and the tip and headed out the doors and through an archway of stone. They walked slowly down the road. The scent of Alucard's cologne drifted under Karen's nose. She felt the urge to lean on him, but restricted herself.
 
Soon enough, they arrived at the hospital doors. He turned to face her. “Did you have fun?” he asked.
 
“Alucard...” she sighed, “It was marvelous. Thank you so much.”
 
Alucard didn't say anything. His wide grin prevented him. His pearly white fangs gleamed in the black night from under his lips. “Then it is only from my manners to give you this,” Alucard knelt down on one knee. He softly and slowly kissed her knuckles. She smiled and put her hair behind her ears. “You're welcome,” he said. Karen found him to be very charming.
 
Alucard stood back up to where he was right in front of Karen. He gently put his hand on her waist and lured her in closer. As he did so, he slowly bent down to where his nose was under hers. Karen knew what was going to happen. They were only centimeters away when she put her fingers on his lips. He paused with a questionable expression. Instead, she smiled and embraced him tightly. She snuggled her head into his chest. Alucard smiled with relief. Before he knew it, the moment was over. She released him and walked to the hospital doors. Only the best moments lasted the shortest. She waved and entered the doors where she would rest before having her surgery the next day. Alucard felt triumphant.
 
Alucard walked home to the organization happy. Though he did not get the kiss, he still felt as if everything were going to go right... until he walked into the double doors to Hellsing.
 
Seras stood in Alucard's path with watery, puffy red eyes. “Master...” she squeaked.
 
“What is it, Police Girl? What's wrong?” asked Alucard, a little concerned.
 
She turned away and stormed off to her room. Alucard knew what this was all about. “Police Girl, it's not what it seems! It's not like that! I—” Alucard stopped himself. He knew she wouldn't listen even if he was her master. He sighed, knowing that she wasn't going to change her mind over the whole situation. He walked into her room to find her crying on her bed. “Seras...” said Alucard softly. “What is wrong with you? Karen and I don't have a type of relationship... we're just friends, alright? Just this evening you were taunting me about it, but now you're upset?”
 
“I was just teasing, I didn't think you actually loved her,” Seras growled inside her pillow.
 
“Police Girl, I told you, I don't have anything to with her,” he lied.
 
“You forget that I'm a vampire, master. I can see what you're doing, just like you can see me. I know you're lying to me. I saw you all hugging and kissing—”
 
“Hey,” he said firmly, “We didn't kiss... and that was just a matter of kindness... but we didn't kiss.”
 
“Oh, you didn't huh? Then what was that you put on her hand? A bite? Don't lie, master...”
 
Hey,” he said firmly again, “I am your master. Don't talk to me like that.”
 
Seras sighed and didn't say anything. She squeezed her pillow tighter. “I'm sorry, master...” she cried, “I just don't want to loose you...”
 
Alucard looked down. He thought for a minute. “Loose me? You're afraid you're going to loose me? Police Girl, I'll always be your master. There's no way you'll ever loose me, even if I do get hitched.”
 
Seras smiled, her tears still running down her face. “Thank you... my Master...” She sniffed and wiped her tears.
 
Later, Alucard walked into his room and sat on his bed with a long sigh. He undid his suit and undressed until he was down to his underwear: a tank top and a pair of blue plaid boxers. He lay back on his pillow and stared at the ceiling. He smiled in memory of his “date” he had with Karen. Later, he fell asleep with enjoyable images of Karen in his head. His heart fluttered at the sight of them. He was beginning to have a crush on her... love her...