Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Prelude to Eternity ❯ Puppets ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Only a baby chapter… But vital to my sluggish plot :D

Shouts fill the arena and a handsome young vampire, Consecro, grits his teeth in concentration. Before the vampire stand two ghouls and behind them, a second concentrating midian. The first ghoul stands stock still, mind meshed intimately with the nosferatu behind it. The ghoul's hand twitches, flicking unidentifiable bits of gore at the other, wicked blades attached to its mangled forelimbs glint dangerously in the fluorescent lights. The vampire behind grins suddenly and the ghoul lurches forward. Feigning left, then stepping right, it twists as it moves, blades flashing across the flesh of its opponent as it struggles to move away. The second ghoul is far too slow and, in a matter of seconds, is in scattered pieces across the arena.
The sound of slow clapping causes the victorious vampire to look up and take a bow. The fight's sponsor stands, her raven hair glinting darkly. “Well done, I see that control is increasing.” Consecro grins maliciously, basking in his Master's praise. “Of course, we are working day and night on the formula.” She smiles and he stands straighter. “I expect a ten fold improvement before the week is out though. Control must be better, you know what we require for them.” The vampire before her nods, biting back a scowl. Nothing is ever enough for her. “As you wish Ma'am.” She does not acknowledge his reply, only turns and, adjusting her jacket, exits the bloody room. Consecro watches her fluid movements with greedy eyes. `The power she possesses will be mine.'
Outside of the arena Consecro's Master is met by an inky shadow as she makes her way down a dank, brick passage. “You have news?” The shadow almost nods at her words. “Speak.” A deep voice echoes off the walls of the ancient hall. “It seems we have underestimated our opponents…” She scowls. “And what could possible give you that idea Csont?” The shadow ripples at her displeasure, “The fledgling grows at an alarming rate Mistress. I sense a strange aura about her…” Csont's Master looks up at his tone. “If you have fed from her,” Her tone lowers, ebony tendrils gather around her fingertips, “If you have endangered our operation in any way.” She raises her hand into the blackness surrounding her and the tendrils gather at what might be called the neck of Csont's shadow. “I will not hesitate to make an example of you.” In one smooth motion the shadow ripples and takes on a human form. Curling his hand beneath his Master's fingers, he kisses her hand softly. With a cunning smile the creature intones, “I would never betray my Mistress.”

Bang
There were the first seven,
Bang
Then the five others,
Bang
The six the round table were abuzz over
Bang
The four the men brought in the night before last
Bang
And now the three Alucard is currently `enjoying'
Click
“So you're back.” He grins as he floats, almost gracefully from his position near the ceiling. “Actually Master, there were four of them.” “Blast.” Alucard watches with interest as his Master reloads her gun. `Nothing at all like the Jackal, far too delicate.' “Alucard! Have you been listening to a word I'm saying!” He glances to his Masters face, ever present smirk inciting more anger in the commanding blonde. “Dammit Alucard. I want this found out. I have three of my best information gatherers working on this and…” His sleek voice cuts in, “And they have found nothing. Really Master, human investigators?” Integra scowls at her servant who promptly chuckles. “So flustered Master. This is not like you at all…” She closes her eyes and lets out a breath with a sigh. Alucard is right. Infuriating bastard. “Whether I am myself or not is irrelevant vampire.” She reopens her orbs and finds him fading before her. “I want this plot uncovered.”

Dammit. I hate OCs and here I am putting them in a story. Oh well, they make good cannon fodder if nothing else. Read and review my miniature chapter if you like.
Disclaimer: I don't own Hellsing. 0.0 but it's fun to write about!