Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Tales of the Iscariot Jerikor Veorraent ❯ Chapter 5: A Daring Escape ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Standard disclaimers. Don't own any of the characters presented in this work, besides my own creations. I do not own the Iscariots or any of its members.

Hey, something a little different this time it's a very short chapter, however it should be pretty packed! Hope you enjoy! Please Read and Review, it is deeply appreciated.

Chapter 5: A Daring Escape

Jerikor cursed as he was dumped untidily back into reality. Enrico had readjusted the wards surrounding the Iscariot base, probably so that Jerikor wouldn't be able to teleport out and around the compound. That was a mistake; before he could have left without killing or injuring a single member of Section 13, now he was angry enough to start hunting them. Jerikor could already hear the sounds of battle echoing through the corridor as Section 13 tore itself apart in puritanical zeal. He took several calming breaths before heading towards his quarters. If he was quick enough, he could collect his student and move out of the compound before Enrico could marshal his forces to move against them with force; revenge would wait for another day.

He sprinted through the corridors, ignoring the struggling figures that appeared in his peripheral vision, he had only one objective; and that was reaching his student before Enrico or any of his followers could get to her. Almost too late he sensed the sword descending towards his head. He quickly leaped sideways skidding along the floor, until he halted, his arm supporting his weight. Without thinking he drew one of his pistols and shot the man in the leg. He screamed in pain as the bullet shattered his knee; he slumped to the floor clutching what remained of his leg, his sword clattering on the stone floor. Jerikor was running again, before the man had even hit the floor.

"Stop wasting my time with insects," Jerikor snarled.

"It'll be my pleasure," growled a low Scottish voice; Alexander was here.

A heartbeat later, Alexander attacked his blades slicing towards Jerikor, who half a step back to narrowly avoid the blades, which sliced through the air a few millimetres from his face. Jerikor was forced to duck to avoid a decapitating blow, and he quickly back flipped to gain distance. As Jerikor back-flipped he lashed out with a foot, catching Alexander by surprise and pushing him back. Jerikor came out of the back flip with his pistols drawn and pointed at the regenerator.

"You know this is just like old times, Alex?" Jerikor said urbanely.

"Don't ye be callin' me that!" Alexander snarled ferociously.

"Why not, Alex?" Jerikor mocked, "You know it was then, why we fought almost daily."

"Shut up."

"And did you ever defeat me…"

"Shut up!" Alexander yelled.

"I wonder what would have happened had Enrico's predecessor offered me a job?"

"I said shut up!" screamed Alexander before attacking again.

"That's right, get angry, don't think things through," mocked Jerikor, easily dodging the blades before blowing a chunk out of Alexander's shoulder. Alexander spun, his blades cutting horizontally, Jerikor ducked under the blades, sending several more bullets into Alexander's chest blowing him backwards. Jerikor stood up, and casually indicated towards Alexander.

"Come on, I haven't even begun to sweat yet."

Alexander suddenly grinned, then begun chuckling. "Every second you spend here, is another second you need to reach your precious student and escape" saying this, he burst out in maniacal laughter, but quickly died out when he saw the look on Jerikor's face. Snarling wordlessly, Alexander sprang forward, throwing several of his blades as he ran towards the Fallen. Caught unawares by the sudden attack, Jerikor felt several blades pierce his body, and barely dodged Alexander's attack in time. The blades hampered his movement, and he clumsily sprung back when Alexander sought to decapitate him, too slow he realized as he felt the blades graze his throat. Alexander was laughing again, as he cut into Jerikor's arm, nearly severing the limb. Still laughing, his back swing caught the Fallen in the ribs, cutting a deep wound and blowing the taller man backwards.

Jerikor haltingly regained his feet, supporting his nearly severed arm as blood pooled around his feet. "You know, before I was only annoyed at the Iscariots. Now I want to burn every single member and the entire Vatican to the ground," Jerikor discard his pistols. Alexander took a step back involuntarily. He knew what was coming, he had witnessed it many times in the past, and he had hoped that Jerikor would not been able to channel these powers. He knew fear as Jerikor slowly peeled back his gloves and threw them to the floor, before pulling off his many rings. As the last ring was removed a shockwave of power burst from Jerikor. Alexander shielded his face, but was blown back by the power in that was radiating from Jerikor. He lowered his arms to see Jerikor standing calmly, wounds healed, power forming an almost visible aura around him. He stared at Alexander, anger flaring in his eyes, before uttering, "Come on!"

Alexander yelled an incoherent battle cry before flinging himself towards Jerikor, his blades slicing towards Jerikor's head. Jerikor calmly raised an arm, stopping the blades before his other arm slammed into Alexander's chest, blasting the priest back against the wall with unbelievable strength. Alexander's body hit the wall with a bone shattering impact; he coughed blood, before regaining his feet and attacking again. Again Jerikor blocked the swords casually this time lashing out with a leg. With a sickening crack Alexander's knee shattered and he stumbled to the ground, looking up in time to see Jerikor's foot descending towards his head, he raised an arm to try and block the blow, but to no avail. The foot broke his arm, snapping the bones into fragments. Alexander screamed in pain, but it was cut short as he was pulled to his feet his swords dangling limply from his hands; he would never relinquish them. Jerikor let Alexander go, and before he could move struck with both fists, one cracking several rib, and the other catching Alexander in the throat, crushing his oesophagus. Alexander struggled to breath as he passed out, the pain too much even for his augmented physiology to cope with.

Jerikor fought the urge to pound the unconscious Alexander to a bloody pulp; he had more important things to do now. He reached the corridor outside his quarters without further hassle. He regained his composure and pulled the appropriate torch holder, and quickly entered his quarters.

Tess was waiting for him, she turned quickly when he entered the room, hiding something behind her back and smiling widely to him. Her smile faded when she took in his stern expression and his torn and bloody clothing.

"Sifu what's wrong? Are you injured?" she asked, reaching forward to examine him.

"No. We are leaving," he replied shortly.

"What? A mission? Cool!" she said excitedly, hoping from foot to foot.

"No. We are leaving the Iscariots. Now." He interrupted her reply explaining, "Enrico has labelled your emerging talents as witch-craft and has used this as an excuse to purge Section 13 of non-humans."

Tess looked shocked at the news, and quickly started running around the room, "Let me get my stuff together."

"No." Jerikor interrupted her search impatiently, grabbing her shoulder.

"But I'll need clean clothes," she said, half-heartedly trying to remove herself from his vice-like grip.

"I'll buy you some new stuff. We leave now." Saying that, Jerikor grabbed her hand and seconds later they were tearing down the corridors, heading towards the exit.

"Enrico has disable all phasing within the Vatican, and probably Rome as well. Once we get out, we out some distance between us and Rome."

"Okay…you…think…they…will…pursue&# 8230;us?" Tess asked breathlessly. She was admittedly scared, but one corner of her mind was leaping with excitement. Yes! Travelling alone with si…Jerikor!

Jerikor's face hardened and he didn't reply. They avoided the noisy bands Iscariots that were searching for non-humans, and they soon reached the exit.

They both slid to halt. Standing at the door was an entire group of experienced regenerators, led by a still-limping Alexander.

Tess started as she heard Ehlissa's voice in her head; she had remained silent through the entire ordeal. `Maybe I should make this easier for you and your cute Sifu. Bar Angaz. Say it, it should give you time to escape.' Tess silently thanked her friend, before focussing anew on reality.

Jerikor clenched his fists and started forward. Obviously intending to fight the entire lot of them, but he was brought to a halt when he felt Tess' arm on his shoulder, holding him back.

"Let me try, Sifu." She said, walking past him as he turned in surprise.

"Wait," Jerikor called out, reaching out to grab her but before he could, he and the regenerators were blown to the floor by a sudden wave of energy that had sprung from Tess. "Bar Angaz!" she called out, before slowly falling in a graceful arc. Jerikor quickly sprung forward and caught her before she hit the floor.

"Hurry…won't…last…long," she murmured before slumping unconscious in his arms. Jerikor looked up, and saw the Iscariots frozen in mid-stride. He cast a worried look at Tess, before gathering her up in his arms and striding out into the night.

Well, that was short. I needed to get them out of the Iscariots before the next section of this story. I will be divorcing from the Hellsing universe that we know (i.e. Europe) and moving them elsewhere, as they can obviously not stay in Europe. Also be prepared to see a character leave (not die, but something special is going to happen, hehe, my little secret!), as the story unwinds.