Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Tin Soldier ❯ Tin Soldier ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: None of this is mine. Based off the manga.
 
Notes: Dark Walter is too damned compelling. AGH! Another weird little idea that wouldn't let go. No idea where the penultimate line came from; Abdiel is, in Milton's Paradise Lost, an angel who joins Lucifer's rebellion and ultimately returns to the side of God - at least, I think that's right, but it's been a while since I read it. Incoherence at three o'clock in the morning.
 
Fallen angel, crushed and bleeding, wings torn. He had tried to fly like that foolish boy, but it was not the sun which had seared away his wings, nor was it the sea which claimed him. Instead of death, he had woken to find himself changed by a far deeper, more compelling darkness than the pelagic depths.
 
And below, small and almost invisible within the smoky streets of decaying London, a cluster of figures. Had it not been for his now-acute senses, he would have missed them entirely, even had he still connected with the heart which cared so for them. Wires severed nerves; he looked down impassively, saw a pale-haired figure blur into a little girl with an overlarge gun and a too-adult solemnity; saw a flickering, changing mass, once friend and now enemy; saw and discarded others as beneath his concern, even that so-arrogant priest from Iscariot.
 
And her - between the woman and the rest, a figure too small to stand against the tides that beat against them. Short hair, gold to the other's platinum, short-skirted uniform, one arm a mass of shadows, and despite everything, a smile on her face. Light in the darkness, she; demon to his angel from the moment they had first met, but if angels could fall, then surely a demon could ascend, rise beyond the pits of Hell. He wondered fleetingly if it would be their fate to meet in battle, for if he had fallen to match her rise, then she was his opposite. He wondered, equally fleetingly, if he believed in fate.
 
'And if you become Abdiel, then what will she be?'
 
The little voice was pushed down as he awaited orders.
 
- finis -