Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ All the Stars in the Sky ❯ All the Stars in the Sky ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Entering the room, Touya Akira stopped at the sight of Shindou Hikaru lying so still on the hospital bed, only the beeping sound of the heart monitor assuring him that Shindou was still alive.
Walking towards the corner already overflowing with get well gifts, Touya ties a bunch of balloons to the chair. Get well soon Shindou, Touya whispers as he turns to leave.
Geez, Touya. Don't be in such a rush to leave. I want to play one last game with you before I die.
Turning around at the sound of Shindou's voice, Touya glares at the now open eyes of Shindou. You're not going to die. You're only 57 years old. I thought you were sleeping, Touya concluded with dignity.
Snorting, Shindou rolls his eyes. Whatever. Come play a game with me.
On the table a go set was already set up. Have you been waiting for me? Touya asked raising one eyebrow.
No! Shindou scowled, Waya and Isumi were here earlier, I played each of them.
Then shouldn't you be resting, instead of playing.
Touya, I feel absolutely rotten and I'm bored out of my mind. Just play one game with me and than I'll rest, alright?
Rolling his eyes Touya pulled a chair up to the bedside, Fine.
For the next few hours only the rythmic pa-chi of the stones being placed. Then the rythme was broken with the sound of a sharply in-drawn breath.
What? Are you okay? Touya looked up from the game in concern. Seeing Shindou's face, his eyes widened. Shindou was looking down on the board with a look of awe on his face. Touya looked down, trying to see what was so astonishing. He couldn't see anything special. Shindou had been doing very well, in fact he was winning. But that was hardly cause for such reverence.
Pa-chi
Shindou placed his final stone down. It's been so long, he breathed out.
What are you talking about? You won against me just last week.
So long, so very long seen I've been able to see all the stars in the sky. Shindou sighed. Thank you Touya, my eternal rival. It has been so long. Closing his eyes Shindou smiled.
Frowning in confusion, Touya slowly started putting the go set away. What are you talking about? he asked, irritated.
Still smiling Shindou opened his eyes, Did you know Touya, that sometime you can see the entire universe in a game of Go?
...
Closing his eyes again, Last time, I saw the stones shine like this I was playing for Sai. Goodbye, Touya. I guess I am kind of tired.
Still frowning, Touya left.
As the door closed behind him, the beeping of the heart monitor slowed and then stopped.