Horror Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ S.T.T.B ❯ Salvation? Maybe... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


She looked around the room at the computers that were set up pretty much everywhere.
There was a faint hum of the monitors that was very annoying, but no one seemed to care.
It was safe. And at a time like this, safe is pretty much all you can hope for.
A girl approached her wearing glasses and a jogging suit. She looked her up and down until her eyes fixed on the knives. Justine pulled one out of the holster and held it out to the girl who jumped. Justine laughed and turned it to where the handle was pointing in the girl’s direction.
"Here, they’re pretty friggin' awesome. They cut through those things like butter" The girl outstretched her hand and took the knife smiling. "I-im Juno by the way" She stammered out.
"Justine" A man approached from behind and turned Justine around, flashing a light into her eyes. "Hey!" She said trying to regain her sight. "Sorry. Had to make sure you weren’t infected." He said holding out his hand. "Im Steven Bronco, but you can call me Stevie. The lady in the back is you know Juno I guess...oh and Sam and Blair" He said pointing behind Justine.
She turned to see two girls standing next to each other. They were twins, identical; the only difference was that the one on the right was a little sluttier looking than the one on the left.
One of them stepped up (she would later be known as Blair) "And Ms. party pooper is around here somewhere" Blair said "I hope the zombies ate her!" Samantha added.

Justine looked around. "Is she infected?" She said. shrugged her shoulders. "She doesn’t exactly…How can I put this...Shauna doesn’t really work well with others." She said obviously looking around to make sure she wasn't around. "As far as infected goes...we haven’t seen her since we came into the building." She said. Justine looked around and her eyes caught something outside. It was a group of zombies surrounding a school bus.

"What’s the story about that bus?" Blair looked out the window. "That’s how we got here.
We were on a school field trip. Until those things attacked us" Justine spun around.
"When was this?" "A couple of hours ago" She looked up, obviously surprised.
"You mean there’s a place where those things haven’t taken over?" Blair nodded.
Samantha and Sharon walked over to them. "Yeah, the town about half hour away is completely..." started but paused. "Zombie free" Stevie added.
Justine looked around. If there was a way she could save those people in the town before it was too late. Now was the time to do it. "Okay, here’s the deal. Ill go get rid of those freaks outside, you guys pack up everything valuable." Juno shook her head. "But why?"
"Were getting out of here before those things take over the whole city" Samantha smiled.
"I knew someone would come! I knew someone would help us get out of here!" She ran and hugged Justine who forced a smile through confusion.

While Samantha was hugging her, she felt a dent in her stomach. And a weird moistness.
Almost like a bite mark. But that would be impossible; after all, she showed no symptoms that came with turning into one of those things. So Justine just pushed her off and forgot about it.
She signaled Juno to toss her the knife, which she did, but something that moved in the corner of her eye caused her to flinch and miss the knife which sliced the side of her hand sending droplets of blood onto the floor. Juno rushed to her aid only to be stopped by Justine’s hand.
"Im fine...Don’t worry about it" She said wrapping her hand with her sleeve. Juno nodded and backed away before running into the hall. Justine shrugged and turned to where she saw something move, and to her surprise it was a girl peeking through the crack of a door.
When Justine tried to approach the girl took off down the hall out of Justine’s sight. She only slightly caught the colors black and red.

Samantha gave Justine’s arm a tug and they went back to packing. All the while Justine couldn’t help but think about the girl who got away, wondering why she hadn’t gone after her.
Black and red...