Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Five Nights At Freddy's: The Hidden Souls ❯ The First Night ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This place gives me the creeps, William thought. Not only was William worried because this place he was now working at was the location of those several "alleged" child abductions and an "alleged" child death, he was also worried about what working at Circus Baby World would be like. He knew all he had to do was repair and program the animatronics, but he still felt a bit uneasy. He just moved to a brand-new city, far away from the rest of his family and friends, so the pressure was setting in. Anyways, William crawled through the cramped vent-way, barely having enough room for him to fit through. It was here when the Hand-Unit said to him, "Allow me to fill this somewhat frightening silence with some lighthearted banter." 

William thought it was impressive that this small Hand-Unit was capable of having such a wide vocabulary, especially for an assitance module. "Due to the massive success of our many Fredbear's Family Diner chain attractions, owned by our very father company, Fazbear Entertainment, it was clear that the stage was set, (no pun intended), for another contender in children's entertainment. As such, Fazbear Entertainment created a sister chain, Circus Baby World, to expand the Fazbear corporation to new heights. Unlike most of Fazbear Entertainment's other venues, at Circus Baby World, our robotic entertainers are rented out for private parties during the day, and now it's your job to get the animatronics back in proper working order before the following morning", the Hand-Unit finished.

William wasn't all too familiar with this "Fazbear Entertainment" company, mostly because he hadn't thought he would be working at a children's attraction, so he didn't take too much particular interest in it until now. "Well, the job sounds simple enough," William said to himself. He was also wondering why these guys were letting other people rent private parties underground. Wouldn't it be easier to host it above ground, and why even need to build this area underground in the first place? Even so, he didn't think about it too hard, as he was more focused on actually getting to his job rather than questioning everything about the new workplace.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, William reached the end of the vent system and made his way to what appeared to be the end of the ventway. There was a little hatchet at the end, probably the "doorway" to the vent, so he decided to push it using the handle on the bottom. When he climbed out, he looked around, and he could see what seemed to be his new work office. Of course, it didn't look anything like an office. It was quite dark inside, with only two green lights at the top of the end of the room providing light to the rest of the room. Right below those two lights was a white metal animatronic face mask, shaped like that of a human face, but with its mouth and eye parts completely empty, with a bright red nose and a green-and-yellow colored party hat. On the ceiling, there were around six monitors, two on both the left and right side, and two more just below the green lights, along with a large security camera placed on the right side of the room. He took notice of three different open vent ways in front of him, four if counting the one he just entered through. One for the right side, one for the left, and one straight ahead. There also appeared to be some strange objects on the drawer containers: on one side there appeared to be three white plastic heads, each looking something like that of a infant, and on the other side was a strange jack-in-the-box mini robot monkey. The design for this robot was very abnormal, as its creepy smile, eyes, tiny hands and body didn't appear to be kid friendly in the least.

On both sides of this room, there were two glass windows, with practically nothing but darkness that could be seen out of them. He also saw two very odd touchpads on both sides of the room, each one having a red and a blue button. The red buttons had a lightning bolt symbol embedded on it, while the blue buttons had a symbol that resembled the sun. "You are now in the primary Control Module," said the Hand-Unit, "Let's get started with your daily tasks. View the window to your left. This is the Ballora Gallery: Party Room and Dance Studio, encouraging kids to get fit and enjoy pizza! Let's turn on the light and see if Ballora is onstage. Press the blue button on the elevated keypad to your left." William did as the Hand-Unit instructed and pressed the blue button, immediately lighting up Ballora's gallery. He could see through the glass that there was an animatronic ballerina inside, but with a design that made him feel both anxious and weirded out. This animatronic appeared to be quite humanoid, as its white skin-plating did make it look like a human, with a light-purple tutu by the looks of it, and seemed to have dark purple hair and eyelides. Its main body design, though, did not appear to be child-appropriate in the least, as its chest plate seemed to be a bit revealing, along with some...other features. I guess this must be Ballora, William thought. But what kind of idiot approved this to be kid-friendly? Nevertheless, Ballora wasn't responding, looking as stiff as a statue.

"Uh oh! It looks like Ballora doesn't feel like dancing. Let's give her some motivation. Press the red button now to administer a controlled shock. Maybe that will put the spring back in her step", said the Hand-Unit. Ok, so blue is light, red is power. Got it, he thought. He followed the Hand-Unit's instructions and pressed the red button, sending a shock of electricity through Ballora. Now he could see that Ballora was dancing elegantly on her stage, working just fine. "Excellent. Ballora's feeling like her old self again and will be ready to perform again tomorrow," continued the Hand-Unit. "Now, view the window to your right. This is the funtime auditorium where Funtime Foxy encourages kids to play and share. Try the light! Let's see what Funtime Foxy is up to."

William pressed the blue button on the right control module, checking the Funtime Auditorium to see what this "Funtime Foxy" animatronic needed. Once the lights came on, he could see a powered-down animatronic fox instead. Its color scheme was unique, as its metal plating mostly consisted of pink and white. Its torso appeared to have a pink suit, along with a bright red bowtie and a large circle in the middle of its chest. He didn't know what this circle was for, but he figured he would learn about it soon enough. "Looks like Funtime Foxy is taking the day off. Let's motivate Funtime Foxy with a controlled shock." replied the Hand-Unit. William was starting to think his job was a lot simpler than he thought it was going to be at first. He expected he would be using power tools and repairing circuit boards, but he never thought his job would be as simple as pushing a few buttons.

He then proceeded to give Funtime Foxy a shock of electricity, but this time, Foxy jerked around a bit, but was still powered down on the ground. William was a bit confused, as he did what the Hand-Unit had told him to do and it still wasn't working. "Let's try another controlled shock," said William to himself. He violently hits the shock button this time, and as soon as he checked the Funtime Auditorium again, he saw Funtime Foxy up and at it. "Looks like Funtime Foxy is in perfect working order. Great job! In front of you is another vent shaft. Crawl through it to reach the Circus Gallery Control Module." Oh boy, another vent shaft, William thought. He didn't understand what was with this place and vent shafts, or why there were so many of them placed around here.

As he was finished crawling through the vent shaft, he finally arrived at a new control module. This one was much different than the primary control module, as this was much darker, with many more posters around. Right in front of William was a glass panel, probably used for the same purpose as the other glass panels for the other two animatronics. The Hand-Unit said to him, "On the other side of the glass is Circus Baby's auditorium. Let's check the light and see what Baby is up to." Hmm...Circus Baby? She must be the namesake of this place, he wondered. He pressed the red power button, but as checked the lights, he couldn't see Circus Baby anywhere inside. In fact, it looked like there was nothing inside at all. "Looks like a few of the lights are out, but we can fix that later," said the Hand-Unit. "Let's encourage Baby to cheer up with a controlled shock." William did not like the way the Hand-Unit said that, and was pretty sure this was animatronic abuse, but it wasn't like there was a law for that or anything. He pressed the power button on the module once more and gave Circus Baby another controlled shock. The second time he tried seeing if she was there, Circus Baby was still nowhere to be found. Finally, he then tried another controlled shock, and Circus Baby still wasn't on the other side of the glass. Nothing that William was doing was working. It was at this moment that the Hand-Unit told him, "Great job, Circus Baby. We knew we could count on you!" William was very confused, as he clearly saw that there was nothing to be found inside. What the hell are you talking about? Where is she? He was beginning to think that the Hand-Unit was glitching out as it did before. "That concludes your duties for your first night on the job. We don't want you to leave overwhelmed; otherwise, you might not come back. Please leave using the vent behind you, and we'll see you again tomorrow," replied the Hand-Unit before turning off.

William thought it was at least nice that these people were considerate to not make him feel too tense. Well, if this is all my usual job needs me to do, then I think I'll do just fine here, he wondered. It looks as if everything is in order, and aside from some of the creepy aspects of this place, it doesn't seem so bad. Before going through the vent to go back to the elevator, he took a final look at the Circus Baby auditorium, still showing nothing but a dark empty room. Right as he left, though, there were a pair of little, glowing green eyes, staring back at him, alone in the dark.