Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Five Nights At Freddy's: The Hidden Souls ❯ Dance to Forget ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"It's a perfectly safe job, they said. You'll be fine, they said. What bullshit," said William, panicking underneath the desk, as he closed the entrance cover and held it firmly. He had been hiding under here for what now felt like an eternity. The terror he experienced was much greater than he had before, as he struggled to firmly hold the entrance cover. It was curved, metal, and had several small holes in it, for some reason. Even with these small holes in the cover, he couldn't see very much in the cramped space beneath the desk. Luckily, he was able to find a flashlight with him inside, and now had at least a source of light on him. Ok, now what, he though. Where are those robots?

He remembered the loud banging from the ventway before, but now, there wasn't anything to be heard coming from there. Almost as if they were waiting for him to come out of hiding. Either that or they would get bored and come in anyway, he thought. Doesn't really help my situation any better.

Then, the loud banging resumed, but this time, much faster and quickly paced than before. He could hear it getting louder and louder, until it finally came to a stop, and the sound of the ventway door could be heard everso slightly heard. Don't notice me, do not notice me, please!

Now the faint sound of footsteps could be heard, getting closer and closer to William. But something didn't add up: he listened carefully, it didn't sound too much like footsteps, but more like crawling. Odd, very odd. He tried listening again, but this time he could hear crawling coming from two different directions, almost as if whatever was in the room was in two places at once. Or, more likely, there were two of them in the room, he thought. Great, one robot is bad enough, now there's two of them?

"Hello in there!"

The quiet girly voice made William instantly hold his breath, trying his best to breathe as quietly as possible so he could hear if any of the animatronics were coming closer to him. He couldn't see what these animatronics looked like, but their appeareance was the least of his concerns. Don't notice, come on. As he was keeping quiet, he could hear the crawling coming closer, and closer, and closer.

"Is someone inside there?"

"I think there is."

His face was pale with fear, as he used the flashlight to see if they were onto him. He kept his guard up, making sure he didn't lose his focus. Nothing too bad so far, he thought. Alright, things don't look too bleak, maybe if I just stay put...It was at this moment that a large, plastic blue eye looked directly at him through one of the small holes in the cover. Shit.

"Someone is inside!"

"Is it the same person?"

"Let's find out."

The same person? What was that supposed to mean?

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the metal cover was slowly being opened from the other side. The animatronics were trying to burst open the seal. If it weren't for his quick eyesight and thinking, he probably would've already been dead by now. Come on, come on! It was surprising how strong these animatronics was particularly strong, as they were able to get the better of his grip for a few mere moments, before he finally regained his strength and pulled back. Through some of the tiny holes in the seal, there were a few, tiny metal fingers sticking inside of them, still holding onto the seal.

"Wait, stop. Stop! She's watching us."

"She is? Oh no."

"We have to leave now! Who knows what will happen if he finds out!"

As soon as the voices said this, he could hear the animatronics crawling away as fast as their little metal legs could carry them, desperately trying to leave the room. Before they left, one of them decided to give William one final message.

"We'll see you again soon! Hehe!"

Don't come back, go away, and never talk to me ever again, ever. God, it's my second night on the job and I'm already in a life or death situation. Why the hell were these things even trying to kill me? The only thing I could've done to anger them was giving them the controlled shock, but that's about all I can think of. He had several other questions on his mind as well, such as why didn't his boss or anyone else working at Circus Baby World tell him that the animatronics here would attempt to murder him? It was clear that something deeper was going on here, and William was caught right in the center of it all. As these thoughts rambled inside of his head, he could once again hear the voice of that animatronic girl he spoke to before.

"Don't worry. It's safe to come out now. Those two are gone."

He was still a little bit skeptical of her, so he decided to double check if whatever it was that terrorized him before was gone. There was no one else in the module other than him, or at least in this part of the room, so he cautiously crawled out of the desk and back into the Circus gallery. He turned to the window area to thank the animatronic girl for saving his life.

"Thanks for your help. I don't think I would have gotten out of there alive if it wasn't for you."

"Of course. You know, this isn't the first time an incident like this has happened here. That reminds me: I never got your name. What is it?"

He didn't know what she needed his name for, but he figured that it would at least be the polite thing to do.

"Oh, uh, I'm William."

"Well, it's nice to meet you, William. You can just call me "Circus Baby" if you want. But I don't have a lot of time left to explain."

"Explain what, exactly?"

"When your guide comes back online, he is going to tell you that he was unsuccessful. That you must restart the system manually. He will then tell you to crawl through Ballora Gallery as fast as you can to reach the breaker room. If you follow his instructions, you will die."

"Uh, how do you know this?"

"There was a man working here, not too long ago, and I tried to warn him of this, too. He didn't listen to me. What was left of him...wasn't very settling."

This made William even more uneasy and anxious than before, and the thought of meeting a grizzly fate like that former employee was one he had absolutely no intention of sharing. He didn't want to waste any more time, so he let Circus Baby explain the rest to him.

"Never mind. Continue."

"Ballora will not return to her stage anymore. She will search for you, and if you aren't quiet, she will kill you. Don't worry about the module power, it will be restored shortly. But the power to the rest of the area, like the elevators, they'll still be down. Which means if you want to get out of here alive, you'll need to reboot the system. When you crawl through Ballora Gallery, go slowly. She cannot see you, and she can only listen for your movement. When you hear her music become louder, she is growing near. Listening for you. Wait and be still until you can't hear her music anymore. Try to be as quiet as possible."

"Thanks for the tips, I guess. Anything else I should know?"

"That's all I have for you now. Good luck, William."

 

Circus Baby went back to the dark depths behind the gallery room, disappearing from William's sight. He waited inside the control module until the lighting power would be restored.

_________________________________________________________________

Come on, how much longer? I've been waiting for like fifteen minutes already and the power still hasn't come back. What's taking so long? William was getting very impatient now. Finally, he could see the lights above him come back on, as it looked like the lighting power had been successfully restored.

"Thank you for your patience. It seems that the power system cannot be restarted automatically. You will need to restart the power system manually. Please return to the primary control module."

What do you know, Circus Baby was right, he thought. Well, lets just get this over with, then. Before he crawled through the ventway to get back to the primary control module, he checked one more time to see if there was any sight of Circus Baby behind the glass panel. There was still no sight of her. That's alright, as long as I remember the tips she gave me, I should make it through tonight. He crawled through the dark ventway, this time using the flashlight he found under the desk so that he could see where he was going. He also kept the flashlight just in case any of those two robots that attacked him before we still lurking around, waiting to kill him. Luckily, it seemed no one besides himself was there, so he kept crawling. As he climbed out of the vent and reached the primary control module, the Hand-Unit continued to speak.

"You will now be required to crawl through the Ballora gallery using the vent to your left to reach the breaker room. It is recommended that you stay low to the ground, and reach the other side as fast as possible, as to not disturb Ballora. I will deactivate myself momentarily, as to not create an auditory disturbance. Deactivating…"

Well, at least they were smart enough to program that feature in there, he thought. I guess I'll just have to crawl through the gallery like I do in the vents, only this time, I need to be much more quiet. What was it that Baby said again? Ballora can't see me, but she can sure as hell hear me. No need to rush things through. Just go slow and steady, and everything will be fine. While he tried reassuring himself, he opened the door to the Ballora Gallery vent, and pulled out his flashlight so that he would at least be able to see in the dark, ominous room. Time to get to work.

As he crawled through the vent door into Ballora's Gallery, he could hear the security system sound off again. "Ballora Maintenance Vent opened". It wasn't too loud, so hopefully Ballora wouldn't mind it.

He made sure to enter the gallery as quietly and slowly as possible. He wasn't sure what to expect from this next task. His experience with the other two robots already made him incredibly anxious, but he didn't know what this next one would bring. Don't want to attract any unwanted attention. I better start going now.

He slowly reached for his backpocket to get the flashlight so he could at least see where he was crawling. The room around him was surprisingly large. Inside there was a wooden stage, covered up by red curtains, and on the other side of the gallery were many long bench tables, scattered across the room. Fortunately, it didn't look like anything was blocking William's path, as it looked like it was a straight shot to the breaker room door. He began crawling very slowly on the grey-tiled floor towards the breaker door.

He started out very smoothly, making sure not to make too much noise while crawling. Nothing too bad so far, no sign of Ballora anywhere. Slow and steady. Then, he stopped dead in his tracks when he heard what appeared to be some kind strange music, faintly coming from the left side of the gallery. It sounded like the kind of music you would hear when you open a ballerina box. Well, considering Ballora does have the design of a ballerina, it seemed pretty normal. Wait, Baby said not to move when you hear her music, he reminded himself. Just don't make any noise or move when you hear the music and you'll be fine.

He continued to crawl carefully once he heard the music stop, with his flashlight in his right hand, across the floor. Other than the path straight ahead of him, he couldn't see anything else in the pitch black gallery without his flashlight. He stopped crawling once he heard the ballerina music playing again, being much quieter than last time. Just as he was about to continue moving, the music started getting much louder. She's probably getting closer to me. He couldn't tell how close Ballora was to him, but he wasn't taking any risks, so he waited until the music died down again.

This time, however, when he tried crawling again, he froze. He saw, right in front of him, Ballora, spinning slowly as she elegantly twirled around, dancing to her music, not once moving her legs. William tried to hold his breath, as his face was only a few inches away from Ballora's legs, staying as still as stone until she left. Holy shit, that was close, he thought. When he started crawling again, he double-checked to make sure he wasn't standing in the way of Ballora. He once again returned to carefully crawling across the floor, when out of nowhere, the Hand-Unit in his pocket turned itself on.

"It seems you are taking a long time. Please proceed as quickly and as quietly as possible."

The Hand-Unit's booming voice immediately echoed throughout Ballora's gallery. A million furious thoughts ran through William's head. What the hell?! You said you deactivated yourself! If he wasn't trapped in here with Ballora, he would've been screaming at the top of his lungs. First this piece of garbage takes forever to get the lights back on, now this. He used his flashlight to anxiously check around to see if Ballora had noticed, and just as he feared, he saw Ballora standing several feet away from him. She stopped dancing, and now appeared to be trying to observe the area around her. There's no way she didn't hear that, he thought. He was getting incredibly frustrated now, and had no idea what to do next. If I try to keep crawling, she'll kill me, but if I stay here long enough, she'll probably figure out where the sound came from, and kill me regardless. Neither option looks very good. Maybe if I just crawl incredibly carefully she won't realize it. He desperately tried to crawl as slowly and as quietly as he could, barely even making a sound. He could see the breaker door just up ahead of him. Come on, just a little bit more, don't panic, just keep calm-BANG!

Ballora instantly pounced as quick as lighting on the area that William stayed in before. She violently lashed out, swinging her arms all around to try and find the Hand-Unit, even striking at the floor, but luckily, William had moved just far enough to escape Ballora's grasp. After a few final swings, Ballora gave up, and continued to dance, and seemed to completely forget about what she was doing. Alright, she's distraced, now's my chance! He tried crawling slightly faster since the door was just up ahead of him. You're almost there, William, just a few more feet to go, he thought. Just a little more...please let me get there. Finally, he arrived at the breaker room door. He got back on his feet and opened the door carefully, to avoid Ballora's attention, and entered the breaker room.

 

Thank God I survived, William thought to himself. This didn't do anything to calm him down because he realized that if he wanted to leave, he would have to crawl all the way back, so he had to prepare for a second round with Ballora. Well, that's one less problem I have to deal with. Let's just try to get this interface fixed already.

_________________________________________________________________

The sensory alarm came off again once William entered inside. "Motion trigger: Breaker Room." He brought up the Hand-Unit from his back pocket again to see what needed to be done. He still hasn't forgiven the Hand-Unit for nearly getting him killed. Seriously, where is the off switch on this thing, he wondered.

"You may now interface with the breaker control box. Keep in mind that using the interface may disrupt nearby electronics. If you feel that you are in danger, feel free to disconnect the interface temporarily, until it is safe to reconnect."

Alright, seems simple enough. Find the interface, reboot the power to the facility, crawl back through Ballora's Gallery, and get the hell out of here. I better be getting a raise for putting up with this, he thought. He looked around the breaker room.  There wasn't much that could be seen, since there didn't appear to be much lighting in the room. He decided to use his flashlight to get a better look at his surroundings, but everything inside the breaker room seemed very odd. Several metallic and plastic expendable tubes were scattered across, many hanging from the ceiling, covering many different parts of the steel walls. He could also briefly see a large system of connected pipes along the walls. Who needs this many pipes and tubes, anyway? It doesn't make any sense.

There was also something that looked similar to the touchpads in the control modules, except this one had no visible touch screens, and had five, glowing red buttons, all in a horizontal line. Is this the interface? He checked the control pad to find that there was a little handel right below behind the red buttons. When he pulled it, the cover came off, and a screen instantly showed up. It showed the power levels for all of the rooms in the facility, along with an outline of all the rooms, too. He looked each room's power level, and all of them showed the same option: restart.

Looks like none of the systems are online. So how do I do this, exactly? Is there, like, a touchscreen to this? He tried seeing if this did feature a touchscreen, so he pressed the reboot button for the entrance room. Immediately, the screen showed showed the power level percentage of the entrance way. Guess that answers my question, then. It was going good so far, fifteen percent, thirty-four percent, fourty-seven percent...

"I see you there in the dark!"

William immediately disconnected from the interface, completely in shock. He tried looking for whoever it was that was speaking to him. The voice appeared to be male, but it sounded much higher pitched than usual. It was so annoying that it felt like listening to nails on a chalkboard. He searched the breaker room for anything, but it was only when a few random sparks began to form that he briefly what was talking to him. It was another animatronic. This one seemed similar to the Funtime Foxy animatronic, but this one had the design of a bear.

Its head looked something like an odd metal teddy bear. The bottom and the top half of the face had some minor gap inbetween, as its alligned square teeth could be seen inbetween. There were two large, circular ears sticking out of it head, with a small black nose and a black top hat, surprisingly. Its metal plating seemed to have a white and light-purple color scheme, with a black bowtie under its chin, a small metal speaker in the chest, and two black buttons near its stomach. He was also surprisingly tall, as he seemed to be around six feet tall, and just a few inches shorter than William, actually. This bear also seemed to be holding a microphone in his right hand, and on his left, there was something else attached to it. He couldn't get a good look because the sparks faded away, but he made sure that the bear wasn't getting any ideas. Then, another voice, much different than the bear's voice, spoke up.

"There's no one here! Go back to sleep!"

The second voice sounded high-pitched, too, but it sounded much more like a girl. There are two animatronics in here? Then where is the second one? What was even more confusing for him was that this second animatronic seemed to be trying to help him. I'll take all the help I can get at this point, he thought, even if it's from a robot.

He returned to the interface once he was sure that the bear and whatever other robot that was in here weren't near him. He pulled the cover off of the module again and continued to reboot the remaining systems. Right back to the entrance way I guess. It was still at fourty-seven percent, so the reboot must've paused when he disconnected. He pressed the touchscreen again, and the power percentage started increasing again. Fourty-seven, sixty-five, seventy-nine, come on, just a little more. As soon as the percentage reached one hundred, the entrance way on the outline of the building showed that it was fully online. Alright, one down, seven more to go. He decided to reboot the Funtime Auditorium next. Ten percent, twenty-one, thirty-three...

"I know you're over here somewhere!"

He immediately disconnected once he heard the bear speaking again. Where the hell is he now? The bear was just in the corner a minute ago. A few more sparks formed and fell, and he could see the bear standing much closer to him than before, now standing roughly ten feet from him. Luckily, William was hiding behind the large expendable tubes, so he hoped that the bear wouldn't notice him. Some more sparks formed, and he saw that the bear seemed to be looking around for him.

"Calm down, Freddy. I think it was just a mouse!"

So, the bear's name is Freddy. Now he could see where the second animatronic voice was coming from: it was some sort of hand-puppet attached to the bear's hand. This didn't look like any hand-puppet William had ever seen before, though. This one looked more like a tiny, metal bunny. Its plating color was dark blue, with rosy dots at the end of it's lips, like Circus Baby, and was wearing a red bowtie. Its jaws were similar to that of Freddy's. It was kind of cute, actually. Considering the hand-puppet was helping him survive down here, William appreciated the little bunny. He waited until Freddy went back to his original position before returning to the interface. He could hear some mechanical gears in motion, which he assumed was Freddy walking away from him. Just to be sure, he pulled out his flashlight to see if Freddy was still there, and found that he moved back to the corner.

I'll to be stuck down here forever if I keep going at this rate, he thought. What if I try rebooting many systems at once? Would that work? He tried to see if his theory would work, but it didn't look like it was working. I'll have to do them one at a time, then.

This process went on for quite some time. William would casually try connecting to the interface and reboot power to the rest of the facility while fending off against Freddy when he felt that he was getting closer, and waited for the hand-puppet fo calm Freddy down. It took a very long time to reboot the power to the facility, but William was very patient, so he took his time with it. At last, after what seemed like an hour, all power had been restored to the facility. All except for one, however: the elevators. This is my key out of here, he thought. He needed to make sure that the elevators were powered, otherwise he would be stuck down here with no way out. He slowly reached for the interface again, and began to reconnect power to the elevators. Five percent, seventeen, twenty-six, just a little bit more...

"Hey, Bon Bon, let's go say hello to our new little friend!"

"I didn't hear anything over there, silly!"

"Why won't you believe me, Bon Bon? I swear I heard something!"

"It's probably nothing, Freddy. Just go back to sleep already."

"But what if it really is something this time? Can't I just check it out?"

I don't like where this is going, thought William. Looks like the Bon-Bon puppet isn't enough to keep Freddy at bay. He could hear Freddy continuing to argue with Bon-Bon and Freddy, and took this opportunity to finally finish restoring power to the elevators. Seventy-seven, eighty-five, just a little bit more. The interface now showed that power had been restored to the rest of the facility. Yes! Finally! Now I just have to sneak past Freddy and Ballora, and I'm home free! But I definetly need to have a chat with my boss. I don't know why nobody here told me anything about this before-. Just then, the Hand-Unit spoke again, interrupting his train of thought.

"Great job. This completes your tasks for the night. Please proceed back through the Ballora gallery with care, and we'll see you back here tomorrow."

 

Not this again! Where is the off-switch for this thing, anyway? He could hear Freddy and Bon-Bon immediately stopped arguing once they heard the Hand-Unit's voice. I gotta hide, where do I go? There weren't many places to hide in the breaker room, so he had to make due with hiding behind one of the large clumps of expendable pipes, hanging from the ceiling. Please don't let me be seen. Please don't notice me. He could hear Freddy crying out, "I know you're hiding somewhere in the shadows! Come on out!"

_____________________________________________________________________

You could've at least warned me about the bear in here, Baby. Where was the warning for that? William wasn't in the best position right now, hiding behind expendable pipes hanging from the ceiling in a dark room with a robot bear trying to kill him. I don't think he sees me yet. He's probably still trying to figure where I am. I need to get to the exit, but he's blocking my way. Hmm...how am I going to pull this off? If I stay here for too long, Freddy will no doubt find me. I better keep moving slowly and pay close attention to Freddy's movement.

He didn't want to use his flashlight because that would give away his location. Instead, he listened carefully for Freddy's footsteps, so he could pin-point where the noise was coming from and get away from it. A few occasional sparks formed inbetween here and there, so that was able to provide him with a little bit of light. He could hear several loud footsteps getting closer to him from his right side. Better quietly move away now, he thought. He quickly tried looking for another place to hide, but all he could find was a large desk near him. It was connected to the floor, so hopefully Freddy couldn't peep under there. He had to act fast if he wanted to escape Freddy.

He stayed low to the ground, and began quickly crawling to the desk. He made sure to be as quiet as possible so Freddy wouldn't notice him. It was a pretty short distance away from the mess of expendable pipes, so it wasn't hard for him to crawl by. When he reached the desk and hid behind it, he could hear Freddy angrily taunting him.

"You can't hide from me forever! Come on out, wherever you are!"

Bon-Bon, despite the fact that Freddy was in a fit of rage, still tried to calm him down.

"No, no, Freddy. Just calm down. Relax."

"No! I've had it with you! I know I heard something!"

"There's no one here. Everything is okay!"

"That's it, Bon-Bon! I'm not going back to sleep until I give our new friend a visit, whether you like it or not!"

It didn't look like the hand-puppet was effective at all with calming Freddy down. William tried to peek to see if Freddy was still on his tail, and as he did he could see Freddy violently banging his left arm against the wall, the one with Bon-Bon still attached to it. Well, guess that's not gonna help me, he thought. Alright, I just need to find the door and leave without him noticing. But how? He could still hear Freddy taunting him.

"Where are you?!"

William considered his options. Let's see, I could try running to the door, but I don't know how fast that bear is. Is there anything I could use as a weapon, maybe? There wasn't much in the breaker room to offer, except for a fire extinguisher next to the desk. Well, this won't be too lethal for a weapon, but I'll take it. Wait, can I spray this at Freddy's eyes? No, he's a robot, he wouldn't stay blinded. Maybe for a few seconds, though. Long enough for a brief distraction. All I need to do is figure out where the exit is.

Several sparks began to form again, creating barely enough light for William to see properly. The steel door to Ballora's gallery was in his sight, at the other end of the breaker room. How am I going to sneak all the way over there and not be noticed? Luckily, there were several more plastic expendable pipes hanging from the ceiling, covering a good enough distance for William to make his move. Ok, just remain calm, and try to sneak past Fred-

"There you are!"

Freddy had snuck up on him from behind, punching him in the back. Freddy was surprisingly strong, as William could feel a great deal of pain coming from his back. Freddy tried attacking him again, but thanks to his quick reflexes, he dodged Freddy's second attack, and he grabbed the fire extinguisher in his hands. He quickly backed near the wall, while Freddy was prepared to strike again. The bear didn't seem intimadated by William in the least.

"Ha! You think a little fire extinguisher is gonna hurt me?"

"No, but it might distract you."

William aimed for Freddy's face and let out a long spray of foam. It flew everywhere, getting all over William's suit, the floor, and the wall, and it got right into Freddy's eyes. The mechanical bear seemed to be momentarily blinded.

"Ah! My optics!"

I can't believe that actually worked, he thought. Now's my chance. With only a few seconds to spare before Freddy regained eyesight, he rushed to the other end of the breaker room, trying to be careful not to slip on the foam. Freddy quickly recovered his sight , and saw William trying to make a run for it. The bear ran full speed at him in a desperate final attempt to catch him.

"Get back here, you!"

Freddy was also surprisingly fast, because if William had waited just a few seconds later, the bear surely would've caught him. Luckily, he quickly twisted the door knob to Ballora's Gallery and made sure to close it shut quietly. He could hear Freddy banging against the door, saying something mumbled that he couldn't understand. After a short amount of time, the banging stopped, and it looked like Freddy had given up on hunting him. I just hope he can't open doors, or that Ballora heard any of that. Well, time to go back now.

He grabbed his flashlight from his backpocket and briefly skimmed the gallery to see where Ballora was. She was elegantly dancing near one of the tables in the lower left corner, far away from where he was standing. Alright, just need to do one more thing before I can go on. He tried seeing if there was any way to keep the Hand-Unit turned off, because it nearly got him killed twice in a row tonight, and wasn't taking any more chances. There wasn't any visible power button on the Hand-Unit, so he had to make due with it and carrry on. I swear, if this thing starts making noise again, I'm throwing it as far as I can, he thought.

He began crawling along the grey-tiled floor once again, keeping his eyes open for Ballora's music. So far, so good, I guess. There didn't appear to be any sign of Ballora so far, but he was still moving a slow and quiet pace. Just remain calm. As he was around the halfway mark, he could hear the faint ballerina music getting louder. He froze, trying to see where Ballora was, and saw her mechanical legs spinning right in front of him. He held his breath, desperately trying not to breath too heavily. Once she was gone, William returned to crawling along the floor, but as he reached near the end, a rat came out of the darkness, right in front of his path.

The rat squealed around, moving closer towards him. Oh no, please don't do that. She's going to hear it. He could hear the ballerina music getting louder again, and while he froze, the rat kept crawling and squeaking. The music got louder, and Ballora once again came in front of William. She didn't seem to mind the mouse, as she kept elegantly dancing along the floor--Smack!

Ballora pounched down on the rat, crushing it to death with her mechanical legs. The rat squealed in pain for a brief moment, but then was dead silent. She seemed to be disgusted by the dead mouse, as she tried to clean off some of its blood she got on her legs. I am so happy that wasn't me, he thought. Ballora then returned to her dancing, disappearing into the depths of the gallery. Once William was sure that she was far enough, he continued to crawl again, and tried to carefully step over the dead rat's remains. He finally got to the end of the gallery, and got up to open up the vent-door to the primary control module. He climbed inside, shut the vent-door behind him, and went back inside the control module room.

 

"Yes! I'm alive! I honestly don't know how I survived, but I'll gladly take it!", William said to himself, rejoicing. "Alright, that's it. Tomorrow, I'm seriously need to have a chat with my boss! I can't work like this!" A million other thoughts rushed through William's head, like why did no one tell him about any of this, why where these robots trying to kill him anyway, and why was the Hand-Unit so unreliable, but he thought it was probably best to think about all of this in the morning, after a good night's sleep. That is if he doesn't get any nightmares after this experience. Whatever, I'm just going to go back home and rest up for now.