Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Five Nights At Freddy's: The Hidden Souls ❯ The Third Night ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Back at it again, I guess, thought William. My third night working here and I nearly died just two days in. Ugh, why did I accept that raise and promotion to keep on doing this? I could've just quit and found a much safer job… but then again, I do need the money. Things aren't exactly going too great at the moment. Damn it, guess there's no turning back now.

William was back inside of the employee elevator, preparing his way down to the facility. He brought up his Hand-Unit to see what needed to be done tonight, but he still didn't forgive it for nearly getting him killed twice yesterday.

"Welcome back to another pivotal night of your thriving new career, where you get to really ask yourself; what am I really doing with my life? What would my friends say? And, most importantly, will I ever see my family again?"

Hmm, seems like the Hand-Unit read my thoughts. I never thought this job could get so therapeutic. Most of his other friends have either moved away to start their own careers elsewhere, or somewhere closeby to St. Paul, Minnesota, precisely the reason why William tried to visit them at least a few times during the year. Come to think of it, I haven't heard too much news from his mother, either. Not to mention his younger brother Vincent was also out of town, so it wasn't like he had spent that long away from his family. I still miss all of them, though.

"We understand the stresses of a new job, and we're here for you! To help you reach a more stable and relaxing frame of mind, we offer several musical selections to help make this elevator ride as relaxing and therapeutic as possible."

I was actually wondering about that. It's pretty boring just waiting here for like two minutes, so I guess some calm and relaxing music is just what I need. The Hand Unit continued.

"We offer contemporary jazz, classical, rainforest ambiance, as well as a wide selection of other choices. Using the keypad below, please type the first few letters of the musical selection you would prefer."

I'm going with jazz, I guess. I just really enjoy it. He brought out the Hand-Unit's keypad to try to tipe in jazz, but just like the past two nights, the keypad still was glitching out, and he couldn't even type it in. Please, Mr. Cunningham, get this fixed properly soon enough. I hate having to deal with this every night.

"It seems you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will autocorrect it for you. Thank you for selecting: Casual Bongos. Please enjoy the rest of your descent."

"Casual Bongos?", he said to himself, laughing. The musical beat of bongo music started playing through the elevator speakers. He was rather enjoying the sound of this music, as it was catchy and relaxing to him. He certainly didn't expect this option to come up. The rest of the elevator ride down wasn't too bad, where he once again had to crawl through the vent at the entrance to get to the primary control module. As he was crawling through the vents, the Hand-Unit resumed it's instructions.

"Due to a couple of, uh, unforeseen malfunctions from today's shows, your nightly duties will require you to perform high maintenance tasks that you may or may not be skilled enough to perform.

Well, I mean, I was able to reboot power to the rest of the place yesterday. I mean, how much harder can it get?

"It became necessary for the technicians to attempt to disconnect Funtime Freddy's power module; however, they were unsuccessful. Allowing them to try again would be an inefficient path forward, as we would need to allow six to eight weeks for full recovery and physical therapy."

I do not like the sound of this at all. That Freddy robot is probably the most aggressive out of all of them. Well, I already made it this far, didn't I? Maybe taking on another one of these guys shouldn't be too difficult to manage, I hope.

"You will need to reach the Parts & Service room on the other side of Funtime Auditorium to perform the procedure yourself. Let's check on Ballora first and make sure she's on her stage."

He reached the end of the vent-shaft, and crawls out back into the primary control module. The lighting and the desks were still the same, nothing too much different. Alright, let's see how Ballora's doing today. He went over to the Ballora Gallery touchpad and pressed the light button, only to find that Ballora was standing completely stil on her stage. She looked like she was powered down and lifeless. Well, I guess it's time for your controlled shock now. Before he could press the power button on the touchpad, the Hand-Unit replied, "Looks like everything is as it should be in Ballora Gallery." So I don't need to shock Ballora then? Okay, I guess.

"Let's check on Funtime Foxy. It's important to make sure she's on her stage before entering."

He went to the right touchpad for the Funtime Auditorium and pressed the light button. When he did this, though, there wasn't any sign of Funtime Foxy to be found anywhere in the Funtime Auditorium. She wasn't on her stage, and he couldn't even see her shadow. Okay, now I think we have a problem here.

"Great. It looks like everything is as it should be in Funtime Auditorium."

I'm sorry, what? I can't even see where she is. This thing is definetly broken.

"There is no need to check on Baby tonight. Please refrain from entering unauthorized areas. Proceed directly to the Funtime Auditorium."

Maybe this thing isn't programmed for specific specialized situations, or maybe it's just busted. One of the two. Great, now I have to move past another deadly animatronic that will probably try to kill me just so I can get to where I need to be. Seriously, what idiot designed this place, anyway? And why shouldn't I go check on Baby? I had to do that the last two nights, but not today? Then he remembered something he mentioned to Dave, that he told Dave that Circus Baby was talking to him freely, and that maybe it was for this reason they didn't want him to see Circus Baby for the time being. Maybe they're getting her repaired or something. Either that or there is nothing wrong with Baby at the moment. Well, I guess it couldn't hurt to at least check on her before going through the Funtime Auditorium. Besides, she already saved me from getting murdered by Ballora last night, but she could've at least warned me about Freddy. Why not? Maybe she can give me some tips about dealing with Foxy.

He climed through the Circus Gallery vent-way to reach Baby's control module, but when he entered inside, he saw that the room was as pitch black as it was last night. The lights were still out, and the only source of light he could see was coming from underneath the desk. The touchpad was out of power, so he couldn't check the lights to see if Baby was there. Good thing I kept my flashlight from last night. At least I can see better in here. He turned it on, and tried to see if Baby was anywhere behind the glass panel.

There didn't seem to be anything inside the gallery. He didn't know how to get Baby's attention, so he decided to knock on the glass. He knocked twice, and waited for a few seconds. Nothing. He knocked again, then three times, just to make sure. He waited again. There didn't seem to be anything. Then he heard a bump. Then came two more, followed by her glowing green eyes appearing in the dark, until he could see Circus Baby up close near the glass. She was surprisingly much taller in person than William first remembered her, as he mainly saw her from a distance last night. She was taller than William, and seemed to be around seven feet high, maybe more. Then she started talking to him.

"Thanks for the light. It gets so dark in here. Wait, William? Is that you?"

"Yes, it's me. You know, the guy you helped out last night?"

"Oh. Well, it's good to see you alive."

"No thanks to you. But why didn't you warn me about Freddy? Last night he tried to kill when I was in the breaker room."

"I didn't know they placed him in there. By 'they' I mean the other employees. I am so sorry to hear about that. You're lucky you got out of there in one piece. Freddy is know for dismembering some of the employees."

"Dismembering? You know what, it's better that I don't ask."

"Probably for the best. Though I'm surprised you decided to come back for another night here. Most people would've probably quit or run away after such an experience such as last night's. Why did you choose to stay?"

"Well, my boss gave me a quarter-raise in my salary and promised to give me a promotion if I stick with this."

"Is that really worth risking your life for, William? I mean, I'm not in charge of your life, but working here is much more trouble than it's worth."

"I know, but times have been a little hard recently, not to mention I do need the money to pay off my bills."

"You know, I just remembered something. I thought that the technicians said I didn't need to be checked on tonight. Why did you come back to see me?"

"You knew about that?"

"I overheard them talking to each other."

"I mean, you did save my ass last night, so I figured I should have at least checked on you just to be sure nothing was wrong. Also, I was wondering if maybe you had any more tips you could give me."

"You're a lot more caring than most of the other people here. They mainly just shock me and check to see if I'm working properly or not. Other times they might just shock me over and over again until I respond. Getting shocked hurts more than you might think. I tried to tell them, but they didn't listen to me. They don't even treat me well. But not you, William. You're different. You actually listened to me. You seem to care."

Baby's words were kind of heart-warming for William. Although now he did feel bad that he did give her a shock last night, it was still nice to hear some nice words coming from her. It was confusing, though, how a programmed robot seemed to be able to have feelings, and a slight personality at that. She really is a lot different than the others. The others just want to kill me, well, Bon-Bon is a slight exception, but I feel like she wants to help me. Really unique.

"Thank you, Baby. I appreciate it. But tonight I need to go into the Funtime Auditorium. Are there any tips you could give me to get past Funtime Foxy?"

"Funtime Foxy, eh? I do know that during after hours they keep her in complete darkness to avoid activating her. Her eyes can only see with the light, but she has incredibly good memory, so if you shine a light at her for a few seconds and immediately turn it off, she'll remember exactly where you are, unless you move fast enough."

"How am I supposed to go through if I can't even see where I'm going?"

"Don't worry. Your Hand-Unit will probably tell you about your flash beacon. I'm not sure if it comes with the security outfit or if there's one lying around the primary module."

"Hold on, let me check."

William checked his pockets and suit to see if there was anything that could've been this flash beacon. Near his backpocket he found a little cup-sized gadget. It was like one of those mini police-lights you would see at the top of a police car, but it was much smaller, and there seemed to be a small blue button on the bottom. I was wondering what this thing was for. I know Mr. Cunningham told me to bring it along last week but he never mentioned what it was used for.

"Is this it, Baby?"

"Yes, I think it is. There should be a little button on it somewhere. Try pressing it."

William pressed the blue button on the bottom, and instantly a light shine of blue light filled the room for only a brief second before turning off.

"Well, I guess we know that it works, but how am I supposed to get past Foxy?"

"Her eyes are sensitive to bright lights, especially if they are very close to her. If you can hear her coming near you, try to turn it on when you feel that she's closest to you. She'll probably lose focus, giving you some more time to move on. Just make sure you time everything right and you'll be fine, because that flash beacon has a cool-down every time you use it. Understood?"

"I guess that makes sense, yes. Thanks, Baby. Is there anything else you would like to tell me?"

"Well… I do remember something that happened a while ago, but if you want to go back to your job, you don't have to listen."

"Don't worry. I got some time left. You can tell me if you really want to."

"Did you know that I was onstage once? Not cramped in this tiny room with my little stage, no. I got to perform on the Funtime Auditorium. It wasn't for very long - only one day. What a wonderful day it was, though. I was in a large room with balloons and a few tables. No one sat at the tables, though, but many children would run in and out. Some were afraid of me. Others enjoyed my songs. Music was always coming from somewhere else, down the hall. I remember counting the children inside. First two, then three, then two, then three, then four, then two. Then none. They usually played together in groups of two or three at a time, or just ran around. I was covered in glitter. I smelled like birthday cake. I could hear their happy laughs as I sang and danced for them. There were two, then three, then five, then four. Then I was able to give some of the children ice cream. It's a special thing I can do - did you know that? I can scoop ice cream. Although I only did it thrice. There were four, then three, then two, and then one. Something happened, I can't remember what it was, though, and there was one kid, alone with me. She was a little girl, with silky blondish-red hair and a cute little red bow in her hair, standing in front of me, holding a little Circus Baby plushie. She was full of so much joy and energy just by seeing me. In a way, she reminded me of, well, me, I guess. She told me she was waiting forever to meet me. I felt rather amused. But, at that moment, something happened. I was no longer myself. I don't know why and I can't explain how, but all of a sudden I stopped singing. My stomach opened, and there was ice cream. I placed it in a bowl in my hand, and the little girl stepped closer to me. Then I blacked out for a moment, and when I woke up, the little girl was gone. Nowhere to be seen. All I could find was her little plushie lying on the stage. Then the other children rushed in again, but I wanted to see where the little girl went. It's odd, though, that I remember all of this. There has been one question that always struck my mind since that day: Why did that happen?"

William didn't know what to say. He was thinking about what Baby told him, mainly about the little girl she mentioned. She was nowhere to be found, seemingly gone, without a trace. She also said that she blacked out all of a sudden and stopped being herself. I don't understand what is going on. She also said that it was her last time on the Funtime stage. Why? I'm definitely going to have to write this down. He knew that he already spent a great deal of time talking with Baby, and he wouldn't get done with his job if he kept talking to her.

"Well, thank you for the interesting story, Baby. I'm sorry, but I need to get started with my job now. Thank you for the tips, too. Goodbye."

"I hope to see you again soon, William."

 

William crawled back through the Circus Gallery vent way to the primary control module, still thinking about what Baby told him. What does it all mean? Something is going on, I just don't know what. I can think about this all I want once I get done with today's shift. Right now I need to make sure to follow Baby's instructions.

____________________________________________________________

Alright, I just need to use this flash beacon at the right moment, and listen to Foxy's movement. And I need to make sure I don't trip or get lost in the dark. William was reciting Baby's instructions as he crawled through the vent-way back to the primary control module. He climbed out of the vent-way and opened the little vent door inside, and turned to the Funtime Auditorium entrance vent.

He reached for his backpocket to pull out his flash beacon, and tested it one more time before entering. Knowing how long the flash lasted for and how long it took to cool down was crucial to timing this correctly. Looks like it flashes for a brief second and takes around eight seconds to cool down. Okay, I should be able to time this right if I'm careful.

He crawled down to the floor and opened the Funtime Auditorium entrance vent hatch, and crawled right through it. When he entered inside, the room around him was pitch black, total darkness, with not even a dim light shining inside of here. This is giving me vibes from last night with Ballora. I certainely don't want another moment of terror like that happening again. The Hand-Unit spoke up, giving William his new directions.

"Unlike Ballora, Funtime Foxy is motion activated, and can see. For this reason, it is important to keep the entire room dark, as to not accidentally activate her. You have been provided with a flash beacon. Use it if you need to get your bearings, and to ensure you don't bump into anything in the dark. However, use it as sparingly as possible, as it takes a little bit to cool down. Proceed forward to reach the Parts & Service room."

Ok, so I need to use this every now and then to make sure I see where I am going, and not use the beacon too often, William thought. But I also need to make sure I don't run into Foxy, too, otherwise she'll kill me. Better listen carefully for any movement, too. There didn't seem to be much noise, except the air conditioning. Three, two, one, now! He used the flash beacon for the first time, showing a small light quickly flash in front of him. He couldn't see much the first time, but he was able to see the wall in the back. A few tables were in front of where he standing, so he moved carefully to get around them without tripping over. He walked slowly and carefully to make sure that Foxy couldn't hear him because he was nervous that maybe she, like Ballora, could hear him if he was being loud enough. Definitely don't want to make that mistake.

Around twenty seconds later, William bumped into something that felt like one of the tables, but luckily regained his balance. Time to use this thing again. When he used the flash beacon again, though, he saw for a very brief moment, Funtime Foxy, standing at the other end of the table, staring right into his eyes. Oh no, she's right there. I need to keep moving. He was still quite a good distance away from the parts and service room, so it was going to take a while to get there safely.

While the flash beacon cooled down, he could hear some slight movement near him. It wasn't very loud, only sounding like a brief pitter-patter, but he wasn't going to take any chances with it. My God, this is even more terrifying than having to go through Ballora's room. At least last time I could see where she was. Come on, when's the cooldown going to be finished? The movements could still be heard, each one getting increasingly louder. Now, the flash beacon finished its cooldown, fast enough for him to use it again. This time around, Funtime Foxy was standing only a few feet in front of him, with her jaws wide open, ready to pounce. William immediately moved out of the way to avoid her attack, and could hear loud metal banging coming near him, probably from Funtime Foxy pouncing on the ground.

She's never been this close before. I got to move faster if I want to get to the parts and service room. He tried walking away, and could still hear Foxy moving around. He waited for a few moments before using the flash beacon again, just to be sure that Foxy wasn't after him. Let's see how far away she is now. The flash beacon lit up, showing no sign of Foxy anywhere in the room. He could also see the doorway to the parts and service room at the end of the gallery. Ok, just a little bit more, William, just need to have patience, he thought to reassure himself. Before he could start walking again, he started to hear very large, careful footsteps, drawing nearer and nearer to him as they went. William was starting to feel a little jumpy, but he was taken completely by surprise when he felt something hard gash at his arm.

Out of shock, he unintentionally used the flash beacon once more, and briefly saw Foxy clawing at his arm, immediately blinded by the flash beacon. Damn it, that hurt! Shit, I need to move! I gotta move! It didn't feel like his injury was that severe, since he couldn't feel any blood coming out of it. But it still hurt badly.

He used the flash beacon once again, and saw Foxy hiding in the corner of the auditorium, and not only that, but also the door to the parts and safety room. Finally, I'm here! Just need to get inside, close the door, and get through all of torture a second time. Thankfully, William was able to find the door handle in the dark, twist it, and enter through to the parts and service room without Foxy tailing him. I'm going to hate going back through that. He didn't think about it too hard because he was just thankful to have reached the room, and that Foxy didn't injure him too severely. 

_____________________________________________________________

 As William carefully closed the door to the room, he could hear the motion trigger alarm go off again. "Motion trigger: Parts and Service." Let's see what we have to do today. I just hope it's safer than rebooting the interface was. He put his flash beacon back in his pocket and pulled out his flashlight, now that it was safe to use, and because there was hardly any light in this room either. These people really need to fix the lighting down here. The Hand-Unit started giving him his instructions for the night.

"Great job reaching Parts & Service. It seems that Funtime Freddy is out of power, which should make your job much easier. There is a release switch for the chest cavity that is located on the underside of the endoskeleton jaw. To reach it, we will first need to open the face plates. You will need to press the face plate release triggers in a specific order, and it's important to be as precise and as careful as possible. Locate the small button on Freddy's face, just under his right cheek, and press it."

This seems simple enough, he thought. He was happy that at least he didn't have to deal with Freddy while having power. When he turned on his flashlight, though, the sinking feeling of danger returned once again. Funtime Freddy was out of power, yes, but it looked like his jaws had several blood prints all over, with a few more dried blood drops on his chest cavity. Guess I know what those 'unforseen malfunctions' were now. I'm not putting my hand in that thing's mouth. Odds are it's jaws would crush my hand completely. He also noticed that Bon-Bon, still attached to Freddy's hand, seemed to be out of power, too. I don't know if this little guy's gonna be much help for me today.

"Apologies for not mentioning Funtime Freddy's sanitary condition after the incident. Our janitors would've normally taken care of it, but they refused to go anywhere near Funtime Freddy unless they were sure his power module was removed."

God, how have these guys not gotten their asses sued off yet? First I hear about missing children and now there's employee dismemberment? How many other secrets is this place holding, anyway? Probably plenty of them, I'm sure. Let's just get this over with already.

He gently skimmed over Funtime Freddy's right cheek, being careful not to touch any of the bloodprints or getting his hand too close to the jaws. The Hand-Unit said there was some kind of button underneath here, it has to be somewhere. Right underneath his small pink cheek was a tiny button, near the top half of Freddy's jaws. He pressed the little button carefully. The button was now glowing light blue. As soon as this happened, the Hand-Unit continued giving out instructions.

"Great! Now locate the button under his left cheek and press it."

William did the same thing with Freddy's left cheek as with the right cheek, and found another button in a similar place as the right button. He pressed it, and it glowed light blue.

"Great! Now carefully locate and press the button next to Freddy's right eye."

William made sure to take his time with this one, skimming over Freddy's face to feel where the button was. He carefully skimmed it until he came across a small, white button, near Freddy's right eye. He pressed it.

"Great! Now carefully locate and press the button next just above Freddy's nose."

William took a look at Freddy's nose, trying to find any sign of a button. I know it's here somewhere, I just have to keep looking. After careful examination, he was able to find a little button just barely above Freddy's nose, right below his left eye. This must be the button, I guess. He pressed the button. Immediately, Freddy's faceplates reacted, opening up as quick as lighting at the exact moment William pressed the button. He pulled his hand back, completely shocked. "Holy shit!", he cried out, afraid that he did something wrong. But Freddy still stood as motionless as before, only now his endoskeleton was revealed. Looks like I did it correctly.

I'm going to have a heart-attack if this keeps going at this rate. Seeing Freddy's faceplates open up like that, and so quickly scared the living daylights out of him. He was curious at how Freddy looked like without his faceplate on. His endoskeleton seemed to be made of many metal wires, bolts, and many other materials that composed his face. His teeth and blue eyes seemed to be popping out without the faceplate on. It really creeped William out.

"Good job. The face plates should now be open. Locate and press the small button on the underside of Freddy's endoskeleton jaw."

It's called an endoskeleton, huh? Interesting, he thought. He was quite fascinated by how Freddy's endoskeleton design worked. Definetely did not expect this. He tried skimming underneath the bottom of the jaw, to see if the button might be there. He couldn't feel any bumps or signs of any button there, until something caught his eye. Underneath the endoskeleton's jaw, near the back of the faceplates, was a button even smaller than before. William gently reached his hand underneath the jaws and pressed the little button. Once he pressed it, Freddy's chest-plate plating opened up, about as fast as the face-plating did. He wasn't too terrified of this because it just wasn't as unexpected as seeing Freddy's face plates come loose, but it still gave him a small shock.

"Excellent. The chest cavity should now be open. Remove the power module from the chest cavity."

William looked around at Freddy's chest, trying to see where this power module was. The endoskeleton's chest seemed to be made of the same materials that the head was made out of. In the middle of the chest was a large circular object, connected by a series of metal wiring around it. Surprisingly, there was also a very small magnet-looking object attached to the circle. He couldn't tell if the small magnet thing was the power module or not, but he could tell that it was blinking red. Hmm, does this help give power to Freddy? Or does it have a different function? I think the magnet thing is the power module. He reached out to carefully remove the tiny power module from the large circle in Freddy's chest, and placed it into his hand. That was actually pretty easy.

"Great work. You will now be required to remove the secondary power module from the Bon-Bon hand puppet. Press the large, black button beneath Bon-Bon's bow tie to release the power module."

Huh, what do you know? We're already into our third night and surprisingly it's been less dangerous than yesterday. Time to take out Bon-Bon's module now. He took his flashlight to check Freddy's hand where Bon-Bon was, but when looked at it, there was no Bon-Bon. Where the hand puppet supposedly replaced Freddy's hand was disconnected. Wait, how the hell did he move so fast, and so quiet? I didn't hear a single peep out of the little guy. I certainely don't need any more problems tonight, and this is starting to get out of hand, pardoning the pun.

He looked around to see where Bon-Bon was hiding. There wasn't any sign of him until William looked at Freddy's right shoulder, where the little hand puppet's hand were holding onto. His head popped out, giggling, and seemingly taunting William.

"Catch me if you can! He he he he!"

Bon-Bon hid behind Funtime Freddy again, and continued his obnoxious giggling. Great, so it's a game of cat and mouse now, isn't it? He continued using his flashlight to see where Bon-Bon was hiding, and every time he found Bon-Bon, the hand puppet would hide right back. Come on, Bugs Bunny, stay put already. This annoying game would keep on going for around fifteen times until Bon-Bon decided he had enough of playing around. When William wasn't looking, Bon-Bon used the opportunity to pounch on him by surprise. He jumped and landed straight on William's face, knocking them both down to the floor.

By the time William got to his senses, he realized that the hand puppet was trying to bite at his face. The little guy almost bite at his nose, until William got the upper hand and grabbed Bon-Bon by the chest. He remembered that he needed to press the little black button underneath the red tie to deactivate Bon-Bon. Luckily, he is able to press it before Bon-Bon tried to bite his hand, which could've gone very wrong. The hand puppet immediately powered down, and his chest cavity plating opened up to show its endoskeleton. William extracted the power module from Bon-Bon's chest and tossed him in the corner of the room. Now stay down, you little prick. I take back everything I said about you last night.

"Great work. You've acquired both power modules. This completes your tasks for the night. Please exit the building through the Funtime Auditorium, and we'll see you back here again tomorrow."

Finally, as if I thought this job couldn't be more stressful. Now I have to move back through the dark all over again. This is pure torture--. William's train of thought was interrupted when he noticed something wrong with Funtime Freddy's endoskeleton. In his chest cavity, near his stomach area, was some kind of random gap inbetween. It didn't seem to make much sense, so he thought it would be best to see if anything was wrong with Freddy. Besides, his power module has been removed, so I'm pretty sure he won't attack me again.

As he tried getting closer to Funtime Freddy, he noticed that Freddy's eyes turned over to black, like a shark's eyes. The hell? What is this supposed to be-. When he got close enough, a gigantic claw-like tool shot directly out of Freddy's stomach, even faster than when his faceplates opened up. William jumped to the left side of the room to avoid the claw from grabbing him, and if he had wasted just another second, the claw would've gotten to him. It seemed to be attached to a long, expendable metal chord, and this claw looked like that you find in a skill crane, but this one looked much sharper and sturdier. It didn't look like it could get ahold of too much, but it certainely looked like it could leave a nasty mark.

I'm glad I got of the way in time. What the hell is this even for? Why design a kid's animatronic to release a deadly claw of all things? Dave, I don't know what or why this claw was installed, but it clearly looks dangerous. I really need to talk to him again about this claw thing later. Right now I need to focus on going back through the Funtime Auditorium without getting killed.

_____________________________________________________________________

Okay, that was close. Definitely don't want to get near that claw again. Well, today was at least slightly less stressful than last night, but not by much. Now I just need to past Funtime Foxy again, hopefully without her clawing my arm again, or worse. Those jaws looked like they could do some damage. I should probably stop thinking about this or I'm going to get even more paranoid. He turned off his flashlight, put it back in his pocket, and pulled out his flash beacon, preparing to go through the Funtime Auditorium once again. Let's just do another practice, just to be sure. He used the flash beacon while still inside Parts and Service to re-memorize how long it took to cool down, just to be safe.

Ok, eight seconds of cool-down. Make sure to time this right. He opened the door to the Parts and Service room and exited it, and slowly closed the door when entered the Funtime Auditorium. He didn't want Funtime Foxy hearing anything. The room was still as pitch black as before, and the only sound that could be heard now was the air conditioning. Time to start moving.

He had the flash beacon in his hands, ready to use it if he heard Foxy coming anywhere near him. The first few steps he took were pretty normal: not a peep could be heard yet, not even a mouse-. William then bumped into one of the tables again, and was shook. That's what I get for not mapping out the area around me.

He used the flash beacon to get a better look at his surroundings, and for a brief second, he could see the arrangement of the decorated tables, and the gap between them that lead to the exit vent to the primary control module. Strangely enough, though, there was no sign of Funtime Foxy near him. Not that he was complaining, but he still didn't hear any sign of her anywhere, and it was starting to make him very suspicious.

Maybe she's hiding underneath one of these tables and waiting to attack when I'm off-guard? No, that doesn't make sense. Last time I came in, she instantly started following me around. Now it's like she's not even here. He kept walking along, making sure to keep his ears opened for any sounds. When he started calming down, he began to hear some odd footsteps coming from the left side of the room. It was odd because these footsteps didn't sound like the ones he heard when he first went through here. Foxy's normal footsteps sounded a bit like a quiet metal clank, but these footsteps didn't sound like that at all. They rather sounded like that of shoes, like a person was walking around. I'm not taking any chances. Foxy is probably getting closer to me, he thought. Being anxious that she was around the corner, he used his flash beacon again.

He didn't see anything unusual so far. There wasn't anyone near the tables, or near him, and still no sign of Foxy. He could still see the exit vent at the end of the room, and for a very brief moment, he could see something else near the right corner. He couldn't get a good look at it because the flash beacon's light was too brief, but it looked metallic and shiny. That wasn't there when I first came in. This is something different, but what? I need to check this out. I also better keep my guard up in case Foxy tries anything else.

He walked over to whatever this strange object was, which was still a good distance away from him. As he was walking, though, he could hear the odd footsteps again, coming from behind him. That must be her. He turned around and used the flash beacon again, but he still saw nothing out of the ordinary. The tables still looked normal, and no sign of Foxy anywhere. Alright, I know I've seen a lot of crazy things at this job in the past three days, but this is just weird.

He was getting even more anxious now. As if this couldn't get more stressful. He kept walking towards the strange object lying on the floor, unsure of what it was. How much further away is this thing? After carefully walking for around thirty seconds, he felt his shoe bump into something hard. Is this it? What even is this thing? He was sure that this was whatever he was looking for, so he used the flash beacon once again.

What he saw, however, gave him the chills, as he briefly saw Funtime Foxy deactivated, lying on the floor, not moving even an inch. She was as stiff as stone, and looked like she was out of power. Wait a minute, if she didn't make those footsteps I heard back there, then who the hell did? His heart started pounding faster as soon as he realized this. There is something else in here? He quickly backed up away from Foxy and waited for the flash beacon to cool down. As he did this, he could hear the footsteps from before becoming much louder and faster paced, like it was running. Oh my God, please hurry up! At the last moment, the flash beacon finished cooling down before William used it again, and saw who was making those footsteps before.

This time, he didn't see an animatronic at all, but rather a man. He was wearing some kind of grey security outfit, but his face is what terrified William the most. The tall man was wearing what seemed to be a purple, woolen facemask, while also wearing a weird set of goggles, and was holding a very sharp syringe in his left hand. Luckily,  the flash beacon's light momentarily threw the masked man off balance, giving William some time to escape. Who the hell is that? And how did he get past Funtime Foxy? He had many more questions that he couldn't care less about because now he was just trying to get away.

He realized he was dealing with something much more sinister than he first thought, as he panicked and tried to reach for his flashlight so he could find the exit vent. Sure, it might give away his position, but it's better than being stuck in the dark with no way to see. However, it did not matter, as he could feel the masked man get ahold of him. He tried fighting back, but the masked man had him in a headlock position, and William could feel something long and sharp being placed in his neck. It pinched, and after a few moments, the man let go of William, and let him fall onto the floor.

William started feeling very delirious, like he the world around him kept spinning and twisting. He could see a dim light, coming from the flashlight the man in front of him turned on. William had no clue what the man wanted from him, so he started talking.

"Ugh...what did you inject me with?"

"Don't worry. It's not fatal. It's only meant to keep you asleep for the next couple of hours. You'll be fine for now. Oh, if you're wondering about the goggles, they have night vision. Made it much easier for me to find you and Funtime Foxy."

"Wait, who are you? And what do you want from-"

As William tried to keep up, he started losing consciousness, as the world around him started to swivel again, and again, and again, until it started to turn to black. The last thing William saw that night was the look of the man in the purple mask.