Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Five Nights At Freddy's: The Hidden Souls ❯ The Fifth Night (Part 2) ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, just remain calm, and keep quiet until he leaves. Don’t make any sudden noises. Just have patience, William kept reminding himself, desperately trying not to breathe heavily. Being trapped inside of a large counter drawer didn’t provide him with too much oxygen to breath, especially with someone else in the room. The man didn’t seem to notice where William was hiding. 

 

???: “Can’t risk it. If there’s someone down here, I’m not letting them see me. Better bring these two along if I find anyone else.” 

 

William could hear the man taking something off of a table, perhaps, but not much else, and after the man did this, he could hear some footsteps walking away from him. To his hopes, William heard the sound of a door opening and slamming shut, leaving him alone in the room. Finally, I thought he’d never leave, he thought as he crawled out of the counter drawer and stretched out his arms and legs. Damn, it was getting cramped in there. William thought he should take this opportunity to try and find anything he could defend himself with, just in case he came across whoever that man was again. He checked for any weapons he could use, whether it was a wrench or a knife or anything really, and as he tried searching for more, he noticed that the purple woolen face mask was gone. He must’ve taken it with him, he thought. It didn’t really matter though, as William tried looking for some more tools that could help him. The only thing he could find that could even remotely defend him was a crowbar, and he would gladly take that over nothing. Well, here goes nothing, he thought as he reached for the door to exit the room. 

 

William decided to wait a few minutes before finally leaving, just in case that man from before was still in the Funtime Auditorium. He didn’t know whether the man would’ve gone to Ballora Gallery or Funtime Auditorium first to dispose of the dead technicians, but it was a chance William needed to take. He grabbed out his flashlight, turned it on, and walked out the door. He gently closed it behind him, as he went once more back into the dark auditorium. He continued to walk through, checking the entire place with his flashlight for any signs of the man or Baby, and luckily there was nowhere to be found in here. However, as William checked the place again, he saw that where one of the dead technician's bodies was previously hanging before was gone, nowhere to be found, with the rope seemingly ripped off at the top. How did he get rid of it so fast, William wondered. He swore that he only waited a couple of minutes, he didn’t think he waited this long. Whatever the case, he decided that it was probably best to get out of here while he still had the chance, so he made his way over to the Funtime employee exit. As he was halfway there, though, he saw that someone was already coming out from the primary control module. It was the man in the purple mask, the same man who kidnapped him and stuffed him inside of a suit the other night.

 

???: “The hell?! How did you get here?”

 

William didn’t have time to answer, as he could see that the man in the purple mask quickly reached for his back pocket. He’s got a gun, doesn’t he? He wasn’t going to risk it, so he quickly dashed away from the man as fast as he could. BANG! BANG! Gunshots were now being fired, and luckily both missed William. Shit, shit, shit, where the hell do I go?! He panicked while measuring his options, and the closest door he could find was to the parts and service room. Fine! I’ll take it! He quickly opened and rushed through the door as he could hear more gunshots coming his way. Inside, he was panting, trying to catch his breath. That was intense. I could’ve been shot! As he was panicking, he pulled out his trusty crowbar, held it firmly with both of his hands, preparing to strike down anyone at the moment they walked in. All that could be heard was more footsteps, getting closer and closer to him with each passing second. He kept on waiting, getting anxious that he couldn’t tell when the man would enter and attack. The intensity of this moment kept rising, until finally, he noticed the doorknob turning ever so slightly, and prepared to attack. The masked man rapidly shoved open the door and tried to aim directly at William, but he was quickly struck in the forehead with the back of the crowbar, but not too hard, though. William certainly wasn’t trying to kill him, but he didn’t want to be killed either. In all of the confusion, he knocked the handgun out of the masked man’s hand onto the floor. Thanks to his quick reflexes, William was able to pick up the handgun, and aimed for the masked man’s head. 

 

William: “Put em up! Come on! Don’t make any sudden movements.” 

 

The man did as William says, and seemed to be anxious. 

 

William: “Ok, first thing’s first: remove your mask now.” 

 

William makes sure to keep his eyes sharp to make sure the man wouldn’t try anything. He slowly removed his purple woolen mask, to reveal the identity of who kidnapped William two nights ago. 

 

William: “I had a slight feeling it was you behind the mask, Dave.” 

 

Dave: “Let me guess: Baby said something about me?” 

 

William: “What? No, she didn’t mention your name specifically, but she said that someone tried to “hurt” her last night. I figured either only an employee could’ve gotten in or that someone just snuck in, and I felt that you were clearly hiding something from me before. Now, I want answers from you. First of all, why did you kidnap me and stuff me inside a suit?”

 

William made sure to keep this interrogation as stern as possible. 

 

Dave: “Come on, William. Are you really going to kill me if I don’t tell?” 

 

William: “I’m still pissed off after what happened last night, so I definitely will shoot you unless you fess up.” 

 

Dave: “Well...that’s a little long to explain. 

 

William: “Go ahead, I got all night to listen to this.” 

 

Dave: “You see, when Mr. Cunningham told me that he just recently hired you, I got the feeling something was suspicious, especially since the first I heard of it was three nights ago. I had to be sure whether or not you uncovered something...bizarre, so when you ranted at me about how the animatronics were trying to kill you two days ago, I was getting nervous.” 

 

William: “Where exactly does kidnapping me and stuffing me inside a suit come into this?” 

 

Dave: “Give me a moment, please! Anyways, I knew that the animatronics did tend to get hostile to the point that they would attempt to kill an employee, so I-” 

 

William: “Please stay on topic, Dave.” 

 

Dave: “Of course. It was when you mentioned that you talked to Circus Baby that I was getting suspicious and after I decided to ‘check’ on her, I didn’t know how much she told you. I had to give her a little ‘lesson’ about what would happen if she tried to talk with you again, which is why I told Mr. Cunningham that Circus Baby didn’t need to be checked on right after you left his office. I didn’t want you talking to her.” 

 

William: “That’s a question I want answered a little bit later, Dave. Now tell me the rest.” 

 

Dave: “So basically I came down here early so I could make sure that Baby wasn’t trying anything suspicious, and I had to sneak around Funtime Foxy so I could hide out in the supply room, you know, where I keep my...findings, until you came down. I knew that you checked on Baby even though you were told specifically not to because I could hear the AI voice give the motion trigger warning to the circus gallery module. I was getting a bit nervous that she might’ve, uh, mentioned something to you, so I decided to, in a way, teach you a little lesson.” 

 

William: “By trapping me in a suit?!” 

 

Dave: “Hey, I had to make the message clear, William! I didn’t want you learning anything from Baby, and honestly, I had no idea what she might’ve told you, so after you got to the parts and service room to deactivate Freddy and Bon-Bon, I snuck back into the Funtime Auditorium and deactivated Foxy when you were gone. I had my taser on me so it wasn’t too difficult. Then, I just waited for you to come back through the Funtime Auditorium before I made my move. I didn’t kill you there and then because I was just trying to teach you a lesson, so I placed you inside one of the old Fredbear spring lock suits. I figured either you would die or someone would’ve come down to rescue you, so I left you in the scoop room so the cameras couldn’t locate you.” 

 

William: “And now for my next question: What is it that you don’t want Baby to tell me?” 

 

Dave: “Please. If I told you, you’d think that I’ve lost my damn mind.” 

 

William: “For the past week I’ve had animatronics trying to kill me, I got kidnapped, and I got stuffed inside of a suit. If that’s not insane, I don’t know what it is. Now, tell me.” 

 

William sees that Dave was hesitating to answer his question. After around a good couple seconds, Dave sighed and gave in. 

 

Dave: “Alright. I’ll tell you, but I must warn you, you’re probably not going to believe me.” 

 

William: “Fire away.” 

 

Dave: “These things don’t have any wrong in their programming. It’s something else. I don’t know how any of this happened in the first place…” 

 

William was getting very impatient now. Dave hasn’t exactly given him the most straight-forward answers, and just wanted Dave to give him an answer. 

 

William: “Spit it out already.” 

 

Dave: “The animatronics are possessed. There, I said it.” 

 

William: “I’m sorry, what the hell is that supposed to mean?” 

 

William looked at Dave in a state of confusion and disbelief. He couldn’t believe what Dave had just said to his face. Possessed? By what, some kind of demon? Come on, Dave, do you think I’m an imbecile, he thought. You think I’m buying this nonsense? This was insane, even after everything William had experienced working at Circus Baby World. 

 

Dave: “You see? I said you wouldn’t believe me! I didn’t even believe it myself when I found out!” 

 

William: “Hold on, I’ll assume what you’re saying is true. What is possessing them, and how do you even know about it?”

 

Dave: “Remember how I told you they had a self-defense system that glitched out?” 

 

William: “Let me guess: It’s bullshit?” 

 

Dave: “Yeah, it’s pretty much bullshit I made up. There is no “self-defense” program that was installed, and there never was. Truth is I installed the claw mechanic for, uh...other reasons.” 

 

William: “Claw mechanic? Just get to the point, already.” 

 

William could tell that Dave was getting cold feet, as his face grew pale with fear. 

 

Dave: “I installed it specifically to grab a hold of an unsuspecting victim, right about when they would get into close enough range of it, and keep the victim inside-” 

 

William: “Wait, you’re telling me that you built this claw thing to KILL people? At a children’s attraction of all places?!” 

 

Dave: “Not for any adults, William. No, it was designed to take hold of little children-” 

 

William: “That means you had something to do with the child death and kidnapping incidents, too, didn’t you?”

 

Dave: *sigh* “Yes, I did. But what gets even crazier is that, apparently, their souls possess the very animatronics I used-” 

 

William: “Hold on. How did you find this out, anyway?” 

 

Dave: “It was around two months before you got here. At this time, I had no clue that the animatronics here possessed until they started acting up. They were behaving more violently to the employees and technicians here, not to mention that they seemed to be gaining some kind of personalities. All of them seemed to get very aggressive, well, that is, all except for Circus Baby. I didn’t understand why she wasn’t as hostile as the others, so one night I decided to make sure everything in their systems were running smoothly. That’s when I found out.” 

 

William: “Found out what exactly?” 

 

Dave: “When I tried to remove her metal plating to find out what was wrong, she started talking to me, and not with the words we programmed her to say, no, she started talking to me in complete sentences. Hell, she even recognized me and even called me ‘Daddy’ for some reason. I still didn’t understand this, but then she started telling me all sorts of memories of her with me, memories that I was fully aware of because I had spent most of them...with my sweet, little Elizabeth.” 

 

William: “Are you saying that Baby is possessed by your daughter? But I thought Mr. Cunningham said-” 

 

Dave: “Mr. Cunningham doesn’t know anything. I covered it up, so the police couldn’t confirm who’s kid it was. But then one day in January I took her back here, and she wanted to meet Circus Baby, but I didn’t allow her to go, and she did it behind my back anyways. I didn’t know where she ran off, and we looked everywhere for Elizabeth, but when I took a look inside of Circus Baby a few nights later...I...she was just...I just couldn’t take it…”

 

Dave was on the verge of bursting into tears, and was having trouble speaking to William, trying to hide his emotions. William felt something inside of him, something that made him feel sorry for Dave. I can’t imagine what kind of pain that feels like, he thought. 

 

William: “Oh my God, Dave. I’m...I’m so sorry, I had no idea…”

 

Dave: “But I realized something else: This was like a second chance for me. Another chance to have my daughter back in my life! I wasn’t going to just waste it, William!” 

 

William: “So you didn’t want Baby to tell me that she was possessed by the ghost of your daughter?” 

 

Dave: “Oh, no, not just that. You see, the other animatronics, they’re possessed, too, but I don’t know who possesses them. All I know is that Freddy and the Foxy animatronics seem to get riled up easily, and are a bit naive, too, so I thought they must’ve been possessed by two children I killed some time back ago. And Ballora...well...it doesn’t matter to you, anyways. But that’s not it. Over time, Baby found out about what I did to those children because one of them told her everything I did. She never gave me the specific name, so I decided that I needed to keep all of them away from her, no matter what. I didn’t want her to think that her own father was a bloodthirsty monster!” 

 

William: “How did you do this, exactly?” 

 

Dave: “Well, the animatronics were running awry anyways, so I suggested to Mr. Cunningham that we use my newest solutions for security. We kept Foxy alone in the dark because her eye sensors rely on light, and without it, she’s as blind as a bat. We also made sure to give Freddy a hand-puppet to try calming him down if he acted up, and to be safe, we also locked off Ballora’s eyelids momentarily, just so that it didn’t permanently lock off. But it didn’t stop there. Baby kept trying to sneak off to hear what the others wanted to say, so I kept trying to distance her away from the others. I had to give her several strict rules, I kept having to teach her to stay away, but she just didn’t seem to listen. It went from controlled shocks to momentary shutdowns to all sorts of things, but she eventually got the message. But she absolutely hates it when I do that to her, and I’ll admit, I don’t like doing it either, but I needed to keep her in check. Now she hates me for keeping her trapped inside of this place along with the rest of the animatronics. They just want to find a way out of this place, to be free from this prison.” 

 

William: “All right, Dave, now for my next question: where did you hide the dead bodies of those technicians I saw last night?” 

 

Dave: “I didn’t do anything to them, William. I didn’t even kill those two guys, I just found them hanging like that. I was going to get rid of them, but when I came back out of my private room, I saw that the body hanging on stage in the Funtime Auditorium was already gone. I didn’t move it, and I certainly didn’t understand how it managed to disappear so quickly. Then I checked the Ballora gallery to see if the other body was still there, and just like the first one, it was gone. Nothing. No blood trails, footprints, nothing. The only thing I could find was that the rope was seemingly ripped apart at nearly the very top. I thought I was losing my mind, so I came back to the auditorium to check for any clues, and that’s when I found you, I got nervous, I started shooting and you probably know the rest-” 

 

William: “Wait. If you didn’t get rid of the two bodies, or kill them, then who the hell else could have-” 

 

As William tried to finish his sentence, both men could hear something coming from the air vent in the middle of the ceiling. Whatever it was, it certainly wasn’t making that noise before. The vent began hissing like a snake, getting louder, but nothing was coming out. The hissing just kept going, not pausing even for a moment. Dave and William looked to see if there would be anything unusual exiting it, but there was still nothing. Just the regular hiss and air flow coming from the vent, until they started seeing a type of strange gas coming out of it. This gas seemed to look a lot like hot steam, only much denser, and seemingly bague colored. First it was just coming out in a short manner, but all of a sudden, much more gas rapidly came out of the vent, as it began to fill the entire room. “Screw this!”, Dave yelled as he ran for the back door, desperately trying to open the door. Oddly enough, though, the door wouldn’t budge. It must’ve been barred from the outside, Dave thought to himself. Frantically panicking, he eventually passed out after inhaling too much of the gas, while William was trying to hold in his breath. Come on, think, think, is there another exit here? He tried searching the room for any way out, and luckily, there was one small vent-way in the back of the room, that was, thankfully, large enough for William to crawl through. There were words above it that read out: Warning - Use in emergencies only. Well this is a god damn emergency, let’s go already, he screamed in his head. Before he would enter the vent-way, he made sure to take one last large breath before the gas filled up the entire room around him. He opened the hatchet, climbed inside, and closed the hatchet as quickly as he could. He also made sure to take Dave’s handgun with him, just in case he came across anything else in his way. 

 

Now that William was trying to carefully navigate himself through the vent-way, he took a moment to gather his thoughts about what just happened. That was a close one. I could’ve ended up like Dave. Who decided to put gas through the air-vent anyways? Wait, Dave! Oh my God, I left him behind. How could I have been so stupid? Well, I probably would’ve been gassed out if I stayed behind, anyway. I know he’s a child murderer, but there’s something that just feels...wrong. He probably had this coming for him for quite a while now, but still. As soon as he gathered up the last of his thoughts, his hopes were answered as he finally came to the end of the vent-way. Look at that, we’re here already. He opened the vent door, held it steady, and crawled out of the vent-way into a brand-new room he had never seen before. The floor tiles were spread out like a chessboard, with a black and white texture laid out across it. This room seemed to be some kind of security office. Among other things, this room had a large metal desk, equipped with three monitors, two stacked on the bottom, one on top, all showing nothing but static. Some other items on this desk included an unusually large, grey fan, an empty blue soda can, some crumpled-up paper, and a little, yellow teddy bear plushie, but this one was unlike any plushie William had seen before. The plushie’s head was abnormally big, almost as big as its body, with a somewhat plastic-like surface, it had a small, open jaw, with a little black nose on its snout, and a purple top hat and tie. It actually looks kind of cute. Maybe this is merchandise for one of Fazbear Entertainment’s other attractions? He knew that Fazbear Entertainment was a large chain corporation, having many other characters than the ones here at Circus Baby World, and besides, this was like a sibling restaurant to Fazbear Entertainment. Even so, he wasn’t particularly familiar with them, as he didn’t really care to know what-

 

Hand-Unit: It seems that you have accidentally wandered into a highly restricted area. Due to the sensitive nature of the materials that you might be exposed to here, you will not be allowed to leave until the clean-up crew arrives. So hang tight. Rest assured that you will be promptly rescued and sent home as soon as possible.