Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Raven's Death(COMPLETE) ❯ Raven goes to Baltimore ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Prelude
The Year is 2154. We still haven’t mastered the art of space flight, but we now have no diseases, and supposedly no drugs. Hah. If you know where to look, you can find anything. I think that’s the way the world works. I walked up the stairs, to my apartment, I had just been found and freed from the nightmare formerly known as Carnate Island. I had been forced to fight some of the creatures an anthro could ever dream of, nightmares from a day long ago. I had barely managed to survive long enough to get off the island, a boat meant for Torque (I presumed at least), was at the docks, the officer crushed, a barrel laying on top of him. I had barely managed to get around that monster, and had been using the patch kit left behind. I groaned, pressing a gauze pad against the hole in my shoulder, He hadn’t broken more then a few inches in, I had been lucky enough to dodge to the side…the joys of having the instincts of a cat. Trust me, they work…
I stepped off the boat, staggering onto the beach, I knew I had lost a good amount of blood, the inside of the boat told one that, but I also knew…as an anthro…I had to get to a hospital. I staggered forward, panting, my eyes glazing. I pressed my hand against the wound, using the pain to keep myself awake. The town was deserted, Baltimore probably would have looked better if it had been nuked. I growled, “shit…gotta find a doctor…and fast. I don’t know how much longer I’ll last…losing to much blood.” I groaned, closing my eyes, I leaned against a wall. I snapped my eyes open, turning them to the side as I heard someone talking. I didn’t care who it was, they sounded like they could point me where to go…
I started walking toward them, ducking behind a wall as I realized they were some form of organization, I heard one of them talking, something about catching Torque? I didn’t care. I stepped out, raising both hands over my head, ignoring the pounding pain in my shoulder. “A little help here?” I smiled the best shit eating grin, collapsing on the ground, my world going dark.
Chapter 1
I opened my eyes, giving my arms a sharp tug, I was bound to a flat board, my arms and legs bound against my body. I closed my eyes, fighting the urge to struggle. I opened them back up as I heard someone talking, the normal bullshit talk that you’d expect to hear between military guards. I growled, turning my head to the side. “Release me, or I’ll have your head when I figure a way to free myself.”
“No can do buddy. Jordan wants to talk with you, and I have no choice in the matter. Otherwise I’d be more then happy to free you. She doesn’t want you hurting us or her, so just sit tight ok?” I only growled in response, I glanced down at my shoulder, the wound was sealed, and I knew they’d given me a transfusion, since I wasn’t bleeding, and I wasn’t weak from blood loss. Just a bit woozy from whatever drugs they’d injected me with, but hey…what do you expect? Can’t trust a 5 foot 11 inch tall 205 pound winged cat running around pouring blood out of himself…and you don’t want him free around you or your kids…he might go and kill everyone. I hated that typical myth. We weren’t all bad.
“So, it’s finally awake. Hello there. Sorry about having to keep you restrained, but I don’t want you going and killing everyone, you understand right?” I only glared at the thin woman in front of me, thinking of how much fun I’d have ripping her face off. She was cute, don’t get me wrong…but she was also a bitch and I could tell she had a dark soul. I hated her type, and strove to free the world of her kind. “Are you even listening to me?”
“Sorry, was to distracted by the pretty lights in here. You were saying?” I smiled, laughing as she clearly restrained the urge to smash my face in.
“Jordan, we got a problem down here. One of the malefactors got free.”
“Oh my fucking god…can’t you people do anything right? I’ll be back. DON’T let him out of this room. If he moves, shoot him.” The guards nodded, watching her go. I smiled, closing my eyes, I focused on a pool of darkness, imagining it spreading across the room. My eyes shot open, My muscles rippling as they ripped the leather away with a loud snap, My eyes quickly adjusting to the light, I snapped the left guards neck, ripping it off, I used it to bludgeon the other guard’s head in.
“Hey, at least I warned him” I said as the darkness sifted back to light. I picked up the two scorpion machine guns left behind by the two guards, Looking at them, I slid a weapon harness over my shoulders. I would have preferred something with a more personal effect, but who’s gonna bitch when you can take em out from a distance? I stepped out of the room as the door slammed in, a shadow looking like Torque running down the hall. “Oh you have GOT to be fucking kidding me! THEY FUCKING BROUGHT HIM HERE!!!!! WHAT’S WRONG WITH THESE FUCKING IDIOTS!” I growled, shaking my head. That meant I would have to deal with him 2? Why couldn’t I ever get it easy?????? I slid one of the scorpions from it’s holster, holding it in my hand, if I had to deal with him, I wanted to do it at a distance, especially if he went into his adrenaline mode. I didn’t care if no one else could see it, I fucking could, and that shit was scary. I went into the next room, finding two dead scientists in front of me, both of them seemed to have been chewed on. I continued walking, frowning as I heard a groan and the rustle of a lab coat.
I swung around, grabbing a nearby pipe, I swung the pipe with my momentum, hearing the crunch of bones as the dead scientists were walking toward me. “Uh…?” I blinked, not sure I wanted to know, I pulled out the scorpions, opening fire. I dropped the dead clip, frowning as they still came. “Your telling me that they are still alive after being blown to smithereens, they still come after me? Fuck this.” I jumped on the slow undead, grabbing the first, I turned his head completely around, the head snapping off in my hands, I did the same to the other, looking at them. I grabbed the zombie’s chin, moving the mouth up and down. “Well now, we can survive getting shot up, but can’t survive a little neck snapping. How bad is that.” I laughed, throwing the head back, I walked on. I stepped outside, frowning. This town really had gone to hell, and there were creatures coming from everywhere. I figured, from my experiences with Carnate Island, that I’d be dealing with more slayers and shit…but I do have to say that I didn’t really feel like having to deal with stupid undead. Didn’t need that.
I threw the pipe over my shoulder, the scorpion in my hand, I threw the weapon aside, not having any extra clips. I knew I could bludgeon something pretty bad, especially now that I was in one piece. I looked around, wondering where the nearest weapon shop in this town was…I wanted a sword for chrissake…or an axe…something medieval. As long as I had a sword on hand, I could do wonders. I turned down the street, growling deeply as I saw the ground pushing up, the sign of a burrower nearby. I smiled, watching as it traveled around me, It popped out of the ground, spinning around. I smiled. “So, you want to play?” I threw my pipe in the way of the chains, watching them wrap around the pipe, I let myself get pulled closer, my 4 inch claws sliding out of their sheaths, I slashed at his head as I got close, my claws ripping the flesh away, I gripped the first thing I could, focusing my strength, I closed my paw-hand, my fingers crushing bone as his head exploded, spraying blood everywhere.
“Shit! More of them? Time to run.” I let the body drop, my feet moving up. So I was standing on the tip of my toes, my claws gripping for traction, I began to sprint, my speed climbing from a few feet a second to about 10 feet a second, the creatures borrowing behind me. I growled in annoyance, I really really hated this shit. I closed my eyes, letting my hearing direct me, I lowered down, reducing my air resistance, I opened my wings, the wind lifting me up, I flew up to a nearby ceiling. I looked around, closing my eyes. “I need music. Now.” I growled softly, holding out my hand. A mp3 player appeared in my hands. I smiled, clipping the earphones to the upper tip of my ears. “Now I’m ready.” I jumped down, picking up two sawed off shotguns, I smiled as heavy rock pumped into my ears, I turned as the first burrower came out of the ground, both barrels firing, my wrist snapping up, I rolled the gun in my hand, sliding two fresh shells into the chambers, the gun slamming shut, I turned to the other one, My gun blasting again, the second burrower falling to the ground. I ducked, the whistle of the blade from a reaper. I spun around, the barrel exploding In a flash of light. The creature slammed into a wall, half of his body gone in a spray of red. I turned to the left, my left paw slashing out as I threw the gun to the side, my claws ripping across the zombies head, ripping it clean off, I smiled as it flew off. I swung my foot around, my strength snapping necks as my foot collided with heads. I chuckled. “heads rolling.”
I looked up, then down, the ground shaking. I frowned, my tail acting as a stabilizer, my front right paw hitting the ground in front of me. I could hear the ground splitting, ripping upwards, as a slypher ripped out of the ground, rearing into the air, It disappeared back into the ground. I growled, jumping over the flames, I jumped into the new hole formed there. I rolled forward, pushing upwards, I landed on my feet, my tail flicking from left to right. I continued forward, low to the ground, walking silently. I didn’t want to draw attention to myself, and I didn’t want another fight. Not yet. I was still breathing heavily. I frowned, hearing heavy footsteps, a zombie flying past my head. I ducked, narrowly missing them, I saw Torque storm past, I saw both barrels blasting away at zombies, Inferna, and Arsonists. I ducked into a nearby alleyway, closing my eyes, I knew I wasn’t going to be able to deal with him, especially if he had his adrenaline pumped up. I learned that the last time. He passed me, not even turning his head. I whistled, grateful that he had missed me completely, not even noticing I was there. I stood up, watching him disappear, I began to walk. I blinked, stopping as I saw a half mechanical-half biological nightmare. I frowned, thinking. “Haven’t I seen you in Resident Evil?” I asked, remembering the old classic from the 2000s. He grunted, throwing his weight at me. I ducked, his weight slamming into my side, I lifted up, throwing him over me. He landed with a growl, I shook my head. I didn’t have time to be dealing with this kind of shit! I knew what he was capable of, and I didn’t want to deal with that!
I took off, ducking as a spray of bullets came from in front of me. I dove to the side, my mind focusing, time seeming to slow down around me, I forcefully dodged bullets, finding the offender, I yelled at him to stop, stating I was hum…err anthro. He pulled his gun back, motioning for me to get in. I ran forward, diving into the building as he opened fire. I picked up a rocket launcher laying nearby, I walked to the door, kicking it open, I lifted the heavy launcher onto my shoulder, letting the rocket propelled grenade fly, watching it hit the menacing NEMESIS, doing the victory as he went down. I ran up the stairs, meeting the guy on the roof. I looked down, blinking as the guy was gone. “Where did he go?” I asked, suddenly worried. Nemesis was no where to be found.
“He walked off…your rocket didn’t even barely phase him.”
“But that’s impossible. He had to have at least a pound of shrapnel inside him!”
“Don’t tell me impossible, look around you.” I shrugged, seeing his point. “So why are you here anyway?”
“Didn’t get the evacuate notice?” I asked, chuckling. He shook his head. “Ok, really? You know that big dude with the fascination with overkill? His name is Torque. He’s a fucking powerhouse. Some chick basically fixed me up and accidentally let me loose. I think he got free to, but we have different agendas. I hope to keep it that way.” I shrugged. He nodded, looking me up and down.
“You know, maybe people are wrong about you anthromorphs. I mean…you don’t seem to want to kill me…”
“That’s cause I can use the help.”
“Oh.”
“I was kidding. In all honesty, I only attack humans when threatened. AKA shooting in my direction. But I also look at the circumstances. Let me use that real quick.” I picked up the sniper rifle, nestling the butt against my shoulder, I looked down the scope, my claw gently squeezing the trigger, I whistled as a mainliner exploded in a spray of yellow gas, taking out a slayer with him.
” Damn. Nice sight.”
“Twasn’t hard. I’ve been practicing sniping for about 2 years, and I can see as far as a raven. That reminds me. I’m Raven. You are?”
“Most call me Stryker. I can hit just about anything with a clear shot. You were the first miss I’ve had since I became an officer.” I nodded, shaking his hand.
“You got any spare weapons on you? I gotta get out of this town and figure what’s going on.” He handed me his rifle and a frag grenade. I handed the grenade back, not having anywhere to stick it, I took the rifle and 3 extra clips of 30 rounds each. “I owe you one Stryker. If we survive this, I’ll get you a drink.” He smiled.
“I’d like that Raven. Stay alive fish breath.” I chuckled. Normally, I would have been annoyed, but this guy was actually kinda cool. I could learn to like him. I just hoped he lived long enough TO get him that drink. I slung the rifle over my shoulder, frowning as I stood in front of a weapons shop. I walked in, looking about, I picked up a Katana, sheathing the sword, I tied the sheath to my back. I walked back out, looking around.
“You know you got a shit deal when your sitting there, a sniper rifle over your left shoulder, a katana in your left, and your suddenly facing about 200 zombies.” I Reached back, flipping the blade up, I caught the hilt, slashing out, I began to run, the sword slashing left and right against zombie flesh, slicing it away with ease. I hissed, feeling the wind from a swipe over my shoulder, I dove into a nearby vehicle, locking the doors, I began to rearrange the wires, the car roaring to life. I stomped on the gas, feeling bodies crushing under the wheels. I didn’t care, I just wanted out of this hell hole. I began to drive, purposely dodging INTO zombies. “It’s a me! Mario!” I laughed, feeling the solid *THUNK* of flesh hitting metal, then rubber rolling over said flesh.
I blinked, frowning. “Why does that look like a RPG? And why is it flying at me? And why am I worrying about it instead of GETTING THE FUCK OUT!” I ripped the door off, kicking it so hard it actually came off, I jumped out, rolling. I growled, hissing as I felt hot fragments of metal slamming into my furry hide, I curled up, protecting my vitals. I wasn’t going to die because of a single rocket. Not here, not now. I raced for the nearest alley, my rifle over my shoulder, I hauled it off my shoulder, slamming it into position, I took careful aim with the rifle, aiming at NEMESIS, I fired, the bullet ripping through his eye. I frowned, wondering at the lack of blood. I shrugged, continuing to fire, I wanted him down, or at least out of the picture. I chuckled, ducking back into the alleyway as Torque came up behind him, slamming his spike deep into NEMESIS. “A battle of titans.”
I put money down on Torque, knowing he was more powerful then most monsters one could see, even having to take on himself. I glanced back out of the alleyway, NEMESIS nothing more then bits of flesh and metal. I watched torque change back, I took aim, hoping to get the shot, I pulled the trigger, not realizing he had only tapped into the adrenaline, He dodged, running at me. I growled, putting the rifle down, I held the sword in both hands. I only laughed as he came forward, I drew my blade across his chest, blinking as it didn’t even cut. I turned, looking at him as I realized he’d changed. “Not good.” I rolled to the side, watching as a bunch of guns appeared out of his back, firing in my direction. I ran up the wall, narrowly dodging bullets, I could feel them kissing the feathers on my wings as I dropped down, my blade slamming into his back, it slid through. I jumped off, gasping as his large blade slammed into my chest, impaling me, he threw me to the side as if I was nothing, then started walking off, turning back to his human form. I gasped, mewling in pain as I tried to stand up. I could feel the hole in my chest, I knew he’d punctured a rib and shattered a good set of bones, but had missed my heart and spine completely…but I didn’t know if I could survive.
I laid on the ground, muttering a healing spell, knowing I didn’t have much time, I focused all my energy into the spell, hoping for a chance. I didn’t know if it’d work, but it was at least worth the try as the world went dark, the pain turning into a distant pain, something I could easily tune out.
The End