Howl's Moving Castle Fan Fiction ❯ Obstacles ❯ In Which a Proposal is Failed to be Made, Numerous Times ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
In Which a Proposal is Failed to be Made, Numerous Times.

Howl quickly walked down the cobblestone street towards Flower shop/ moving castle. Perhaps if one caught a glimpse of him they would think that he were some criminal, judging by his shifty gazes and nervous attitude. If one were to think that that, they could not be farther from the truth.

The truth was that Howl was completely and utterly in love. Although not in some obsessive, crazed way, because in his right hand he held a box. It would have been an ordinary, velvet box if the thing that it contained were not so important. Howl looked at it with a face mixed with the emotions of love and disgust.

' How could something so small be so very important?' he wondered to himself as he walked briskly down the street. The soles of his boots echoed on the pavement of the empty avenue, for everyone had hurried inside once the news got out that the infamous "Howl's Moving Castle" was closer than it had ever been before. It was at this time when the gossip would start on how Howl captured that poor Hatter girl, first forcing her to be his cleaning lady while she had a spell on changing her into an old woman, and then stealing her heart for himself. Howl wouldve started a riot, if the business he had to attend to wasnt so important.

Relief washed over him as he stepped through the door of the flower shop. He scanned the room quickly and found no customers, or in fact, anyone at all.

" Howl," Sophie called from the back room behind the counter," is that you?" She emerged from the little doorway and stepped from behind the counter. Howl felt himself blush ferociously as he saw her, and became much too conscious of his box.

' Damn heart,' he thought, ' If I never had gotten it back i would be able to be calm and cool about this...' He knew, however, that if he hadnt aquired his heart, he would not be with Sophie.

" Um, er, Sophie... I-I have something to ask you," Howl managed to choke out.

" Oh, well, I'm afraid it will have to wait... we have a bit of a situation." She replied turning away and heading towards the back room again. Howl looked at her turning away in horror, then it struck him that she hadnt refused his offer, but merely postponed it. Howl gave an exasperated sigh, and hurried off after her.

Howl instantly became alarmed as he entered their Dining/ Living room, since the ones occupying it were Sophie and six men who were staring at her adoringly, As well as casting uneasy glances at the Witch of the Waste, who seemed to be staring just as adoringly at them, as they were at Sophie. Howl glared at them all, but he wouldnt forget his inhuman politeness.

" Good evening, gentlemen..." Howl said, holding back his anger, as a few cold glances were turned his way, then back to Sophie.

Sophie sensing the growing tension in the room turned to him and said-

" Um..Howl, it seems these young men are my suitors..each and everyone has asked to marry me, for they think you are unsuitable for me to live with, and it seems that they want Markl too. Each and everyone, including that man over there."
She looked to her right indicating a blonde in a yellow suit with strange hair. Howl gave his most eerie ploite stare.

" Ah, your Highness, is the beautiful Sophie what has also brought you here, from your kingdom? It may be that, I am guessing, something else as well." Howl turned to walk towards the prince. The prince nodded, and gave a look showing that he needed the room to be...evacuated of the other unexpected guests. A mysterious gust of wind sent the five young men out the door, which had decided that it wanted to be open at that exact moment.

"Now," said Howl," what brings you to our insignificant home?" The prince looked uncomforably around the room.
" It seems that a mysterious Creature of..er.. Evil is attacking my kingdom, and you have had many accusations stating that it was your fault," The Prince replied.

'Business as usual, I suppose my box will have to wait.' Howl sat down in a chair.

"Well, sir, I suppose you want me to fix your problem?"


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N: My first fanfic ever!! Oh yea!!!.....anyways sorry about the cliffhanger. I was struck with an acute attack of writers block. Dont hate me!! Yes, well, as everyone says, and I am quite sure you are tired of hearing: please, please reveiw!!