Hunter X Hunter Fan Fiction ❯ My Little Pretty One ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

A/n: Because it amused me. I have no excuse for this. Have a laugh!





The guy was watching him again.

Gon felt the prickling between his shoulder blades, but resolutely forced a cheer into his voice as he called into the house, "I'm going! Bye, Mito! I'm going to the arcade with Killua after school, see you at dinner!" His sister replied something he didn't quite catch in his hurry to get away from the scrutinizing eyes of his Friendly Neighborhood Guy™. Overly friendly, in Gon's opinion. He thought about taking the long way round just so he wouldn't have to walk past the house and its resident, but decided against giving the guy that pleasure. Fixing his eyes to the pavement, Gon quenched the urge to turn right and braved the enemy head-well, top-of-the-headfirst.

It wasn't that the guy living next door ever made advances or even spoke to him beyond the usual neighborly chatter. Maybe that wasn't usual per se, coming from a twenty-something man to a twelve-year-old boy, but Gon could've stomached it, if it hadn't been for the innuendo-laden tone the inanities were delivered with. No one should complain about the heat with that tone outside of badly acted movies, of which Gon wouldn't admit to knowing anything, not in front of his sister at least. And his repertoire wasn't limited to just the heat wave that had hit the city a few weeks past; school, his friends, his sister, the other residents of their street, anything the guy could reasonably talk to him about, he would. Gon's sister had brought him up to have manners, and it went against his nature to just run away from the man, especially when he couldn't even come up with any real reason why the guy bothered him so.

He was about halfway past the enemy territory and decided to risk a glance from the corner of his eye. Yeah, the guy was definitely watching him. Watching him… and watering flowers. Not such an unusual sight along their street, but usually a chore shoved at teenagers by their parents. His neighbor, though, had no parents to force the gardening hose upon him, as he lived in the house by himself. Gon supposed he had inherited the house from a relative, or maybe he fenced drugs or other illegal goods. Gon wouldn't have been surprised.

Okay, or maybe he'd watched that movie one too many times: 'The Whole Nine Yards'.

'Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one / When you gonna give me some time Sharona? / Ooh you make my motor run, my motor run / Gun it comin' off the line Sharona'

Gon grimaced at the musical choice of the morning, which seemed to perfectly reflect his thoughts and only served to further his dislike of the guy.

---

'Never gonna stop, give it up / Such a dirty mind / I always get it up / For the touch of the younger kind / My my my / Sharona'

Standing in the middle of his pristine lawn a gardening hose in his hands, Hisoka grinned at the frown on the black-haired boy's down-tipped face. He turned, liberally spraying both the pick-up truck just pulling to his driveway and the two young men on the front seat. "Turn down the music, you're scaring my neighbor," he called to his friends.

Ubo emerged from the passenger side, spluttering. "The cute one?" he asked with a splitting grin. "Oh, there the widdle thing goes!"

"Yes, the cute… when have I ever used that word, man?"

"Counting just now?" Nobu inquired, wringing water out of his foot-long ponytail. "Disturbingly often lately, in relation to certain Gon Freeks."

"Or his little friend," Ubo reminded. "And don't forget the time Killua's older brother came to pick him up!"

"That I could understand; the guy was at least legal. It's Gon and Killua that I tag the term 'disturbing' to. And why the hell do I know the name of Hisoka's neighbor and his best friend?" Nobu looked alarmed upon realizing he could remember the names of the two boys with no effort at all.

"Because we're always here when he's harassing them?" his tall friend suggested.

"And you're not at all disturbed by how that sentence sounded? Or by the fact that it's true?"

"By all means, you don't have to slouch here every day, I won't mind," Hisoka assured the two.

Nobu shot him a look. "If I didn't come here I'd have to find a job 'cause my old man won't let me sit around the house all day. As you well know."

"But at a job you wouldn't have to watch me …how'd he put it… harass anyone, think about that!"

"Tempting, Hisoka, tempting… but no. Bring out the beer, man!"

"Go ahead, I've still got to water the bougainvilleas and the queen's wreaths," Hisoka said, ignoring the identical looks of disbelief spreading on Nobu and Ubo's faces.

"I kinda always thought watering the plants was an excuse to ogle the kid…" Ubo ventured quietly to Nobu. The shorter man nodded.

"Me too, man."