Immortal Rain Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Zeke's Adventures in Blue Space ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Vash let out a groan and slowly opened his eyes. Whatever had hit him, had hit him hard. He still felt the pain in his side.

Being hunted was nothing unusual for Vash. He'd been blamed for the destruction of two cities and had a sixty billion double dollar bounty on his head. It had become a part of him, being constantly on the run. Getting caught, however, was something new.

“Take it easy,” a voice stated. “They've hit you with some kind of weird and powerful sedative. You were quite out of it . . . longer than the rest of us.”

“So that's what hit me,” Vash murmured, trying to plaster a smile on his face. He glanced up to see a tall man with long, blonde hair and wearing a priest's outfit kneeling next to him. Warm eyes greeted him as a strong hand gripped his arm and helped him to get his feet. A wave of dizziness coursed over him but for a moment only. Then Vash shook his head and looked around.

He and the other man were in a very large, very circular room. Grey metal walls were all around and as high as the eye could see. Their feet clanked against the floor. In looking around, Vash saw that they weren't the only ones in this strange room. Two others were with them, two very strange-looking men with silver hair. One man had white, furry triangles on the top of his head while the other's were elongated. Like an elf out of a story. The one with the elongated ears had two stripes on each of his cheeks and on his arm, a crescent moon in the center of his forehead. Both were wearing what he could only describe as kimonos, and both had metal collars around their necks. Neither appeared to be very happy, and Vash couldn't blame them. He wouldn't want a collar around his neck for whatever reason.

“Nice place they've got here,” he commented. “Too bad their manners are lacking.”

The two men glanced at him, the one with the white triangles smiling a little. Vash smiled a little in return, though wondering why the other hadn't.

'Maybe he's just shy,' Vash reasoned. The man standing next to him chuckled.

“Meet Inuyasha and Sesshomaru,” he stated. “They're half-brothers. From what I heard, they were taken from a place called Feudal Japan, hence their strange clothing. My name's Rain. You are?”

“Vash,” he replied. “Vash the Stampede. Nice to meet all of you. Anyone know why we're here? And why do you two have those collars on?”

“Because they can tear through the metal,” Rain supplied, before either brother could say a word. “I watched them. Sesshomaru melted a hole in the wall with his hand while Inuyasha just slashed right through. It took several men with tranquilizer guns to get them brought down. After that, I heard the same men say something about demons and half-demons. Apparently, our friends here are very special.”
“Do they limit their strength then?” Vash inquired. Inuyasha shook his head 'no' then tilted his head some, pulling away the top part of his kimono. He saw at least seven angry red marks along Inuyasha's throat and going across his shoulder. Any other marks were hidden by his clothing.

“They can't speak right now,” Rain murmured. “Because of the pain the collars have inflicted, it'll be a while before they can.”

“So they don't know why we're here,” Vash frowned, not liking what he was hearing. Both brothers were being treated very cruelly for simply wanting to escape. Vash couldn't blame them for that.

Inuyasha raised his hand and nodded.

“You do?” Vash raised an eyebrow at him. He nodded again. “How?”

Inuyasha pointed to his ears.

“He heard them,” Rain whispered. “Chances are, he wasn't supposed to.”

“Probably not,” Vash agreed.

“Ah! You're all awake now!” a voice boomed, causing all four men to jump. “Good! I'm glad to see that. Now we can begin!”

Around them, the metal plating slid away and several guards surrounded them, their weapons aimed at all four of them.

“Now you'll be so kind and follow the nice men in the long white coats, we'd greatly appreciate it,” the voice chortled.

Inuyasha and Sesshomaru looked up and scowled before getting to their feet. The guards closed in, some of them jabbing their guns into the backs of the four men. Vash cast a quick glance at his fellow captives, a tiny, icy knot of dread forming in his stomach. He had a very bad feeling about this.

* * *

In an observatory, high above the lab where the four men were being herded into, a tall man sat, reclining back and smoking a cigar. He watched as all four were strapped down, drugged then given one shock of electricity. A smile graced his lips as they screamed or howled out in pain.

“They're ready.”

“Send them into Blue Space then.”
* * *

Zeke came to a halt, her entire body trembling. Something was wrong. Very wrong. Her entire body felt numb. She couldn't make herself move. Darkness danced at the edge of her vision then, without warning, her mind went blank . . .