InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome- Through the Portal ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Title: Kagome: Through the Portal
Author: inuyashagirl5
Rating: T (Ratings will vary between chapters)
Chapter Genre: Humor-ish (Genres will vary between chapters)
Pairing: No set pairing at this time.
Chapter Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha InuYasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi. I just use her characters for my own amusement and for the amusement of my readers.
Author's Note: This was originally intended to be a series of one-shots where Kagome hopped through a portal and fell into a different place each time. It's still going to be somewhat like that, except they're may actually be a plot involved. This fic is meant to be a bit silly so please do not take it too seriously.

======================================================= ====================================================================
Prologue: The Request



Okay, so things with Naraku had gone rather well. He was dead, his incarnations freed and his enemies alive and well. Well, all except for the walking dead clay pot known as Kikyo. But, all in all, things were good...for the moment. Though Naraku's taint had lifted from the lands, there was still something foreboding lingering. That thing being something Kagome had no quarrels picking up and purifying the evil that it had gained from being within Naraku's grasp. The little, now pink, marble rested in the palm of her hand, pulsing with its power. Kagome was ready to hand it over to InuYasha, as they had planned not so long ago. She would return home first, and he would use the jewel to revive Kikyo.

That was good and all, but the jewel had plans of its own. It wasn't going to let no half-demon and a walking piece of clay make decisions on its behalf. No way! It had plans! It had things it wanted to do, places it wanted to see and it fully intended to make the pretty little living priestess be its escort. She would be its protector and in turn it would protect her. So when that pretty little living priestess extended her hand out to give it to the half-demon the only thing it could do was protest, and protest it did!

With a sharp snap, the jewel's aura shoved everyone back and away from Kagome. Its living priestess gave such an adorable squeak as her cerulean eyes widened at the jewel's act of defiance.

"What the hell are you doing, Kagome!" InuYasha roared, his temper quickly getting the best of him, as it always did. "You promised me the jewel! Why are you betraying me?"

"I...I didn't..." She tried to defend herself from his accusations and InuYasha snarled at her. The jewel was not amused.

"Idiot." It hissed at the half-demon. "Don't think that this human girl would have such a great power! She is merely the guardian for this shell."

"Shell?" Kagome had lifted the jewel to eye level and was peering at it as if she could get a glimpse inside.

"Duh." It replied drily and Kagome assumed it would have rolled its eyes at her, if jewels could have eyes. "I am one of the souls within this jewel. One of the demons Midoriko sealed in along with her own soul. Now that we are complete again, and with such a wonderful host, we have a request."

"What!?" InuYasha was confused, not that anyone was surprised about that.

"A request?" Kagome asked, feeling a warm power wrap around her being and liking the way it felt.

"Oh yes! A request that must be met before we will grant the half-breed his wish." It answered happily, "We wish to travel first. To places far and wide! To places no mortal could ever think of and you, my sweet, beautiful, living, priestess will be our guide!"

"G-Guide?" Kagome stuttered out.

"You do want the half-breed to get his wish, right?" At this Kagome stayed silent and it was only a slight nod of her head that indicated that she did. "Well then, the half-breed and the clay pot can stay here for the time being while you set out. His wish will be fulfilled upon your return with no questions asked and no worries attached. It's a fair trade if you ask me."

"What if something happens to them while we're gone?" She questioned. The concern for her friends, and that clay pot, was endearing and the jewel hummed with approval of its guardian.

"Nothing will. We promise you their protection until you return. You can't deny us, young one. This request must be fulfilled or else no wish will be accepted."

“Don't be stupid then, Kagome. Get going.” InuYasha crossed his arms over his chest and scowled at her. “You don't want to let me down again, do you?”

“Imbecile.” The jewel muttered, using its energy to knock the mouthy half-demon off of his feet. Kagome couldn't hold back the giggle that escaped at hearing his angry cursing. “You will be wise to watch your tongue, half-breed. We like our pretty, living priestess and we will not let you verbally assault her as you have in the past. You will show her the respect she deserves and we may just reward you.”

“Feh.” He huffed, but otherwise kept his mouth shut. He was curious about what they could possible give him as a reward. What he wanted most was for Kikyo to be alive again, but he still wanted to be a full demon too. Maybe if he went about it the right way, he could have both. The only way to know for sure was to do as the jewel said and show Kagome respect. Besides, he only had to show it on the outside. It didn't mean that he actually had to respect her. Nobody would know the truth. "Fine. I get it."

"We'll be off then. Don't wait up." The jewel teased, letting it's energy expand outwards and wrap around the girl's friends. They would be protected and kept alive as was their word. Then with a loud pop, Kagome was gone, along with the jewel.

"I feel sorry for Kagome." Miroku said as his arm slipped around Sango's waist and he began leading her, Shippo and Kirara out of the clearing. "I feel the Shikon no Tama is going to get her into a lot of trouble. Who knew it was so mischievous?"
------------