InuYasha Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Mona's Journey II ❯ The search for Kovu ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Esthenia had been gone all night. She was back in her world now and was lying on her bed in her room. She wanted to stay in the Dream World and search for Kovu who got lost in the TV world.

However, Pagasis told her to go home and get some rest. She did as she was told and made it back at daybreak. She was able to sleep all day because it was a Saturday and luckily, nobody was home to disturb her. Time after time she would like awake and wonder about what would happen the next night when she could return to the Dream World and begin the search for Kovu.

She wondered if Rinoa, Carona, or the villagers knew of his absence. She knew that there would be an uproar if they found out that there leader was gone and Neara would pitch a fit.

Pagasis and Mona where the only ones who knew, and Esthenia knew that they would never tell anyone.

Pagasis left the portal to the TV world open so they could go back. He and Mona spent the whole day guarding it in case Digarah attempted to find more alliances in the other world.

This was one of Esthenia's biggest worries. Last time, Digarah tried to take over both worlds with the help of Sesshoumaru. This is how it all started. Their plan would have succeeded if Mona hadn't found the portal and traded places with InuYasha.

Esthenia was the first to find out when she was watching TV and saw Mona in it. She met InuYasha wandering in the forest and sent him back to find her. She then told Pagasis and Kovu and they split up in the TV world in attempt to find her as well, and Kovu got left behind.

InuYasha was the one who found Mona and brought her back. At first, Mona had no desire to do so. She feared her future for she was destined to be the Omogoa clan leader. But after discovering Digarah's plot she learned a whole deal of leadership. She had grown up so fast that she is willing to take on anything that would hurt her friends or family.

Esthenia fell asleep.

That evening, her family came home. She ate dinner with them and then watched the television. She constantly changed the channels in hope of catching a glimpse of Kovu.

"Hay, knock it off!" her sister Cassie wailed. "I was watching that!"

Esthenia ignored her and continued to press the surf button on the remote.

"Come on!" she growled in her head. "Kovu has got to be somewhere. We have three-hundred and thirty-two channels!!"

Since it was Saturday, she usually stayed up until 11:00 to watch "InuYasha". It was her favorite cartoon show. But this time she went up to her room at 10:00, when everyone else went to sleep, and pulled out her orb. She used this as a transport to get the Dream World. All she had to do was picture the place in her head and she'd be there.

"Take me to Esthenia." She said while closing her eyes.

She opened her eyes seconds later. The moonlight shone through the trees of the forest. She was standing in a mossy clearing with an old fire-scared tree. She looked around with her sharp eyes. She was a sphinx again and her senses were put to work. The area was covered in thick shadows. She couldn't make anything out.

"Took you long enough." said a voice from behind her.

Her ears twitched. She turned and looked up into a large tree. Mona was sitting in one of its branches. Her blue eye shimmered in the moonlight while her red eye lay hidden in shadow like almost everything else was. Esthenia smiled. She could tell Mona was eager to go. She knew that she wanted to look for her father and feared for his safety but more than anything else, she wanted to see InuYasha again. Esthenia had a special sense to smell emotion, and at this moment she could smell more eagerness on Mona than worry.

"I don't think you minded it to much." said Esthenia, who sat up on her hind legs. "You look comfortable."

"Yes." Said Mona with a lazy tone of voice. "But of course I had plenty of time to her this cozy. I almost fell asleep."

Esthenia just let out an exaggerated laugh. Just then a small crackling sound made her ears twitch. She spun around and met Pagasis' large blue eyes. His gold horn and red jewel shimmered in the moonlight. His white hair and fluffy blue mane made him stand out from the shadowy darkness.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

Esthenia's eyes got big. "What? That's it?" she hissed. "How did you cover this one?"

Mona stood up on the branch she had been sitting on and leapt down. Esthenia herd her sudden movement and watched her as she landed in front of her. She folded her small green wings.

"Don't worry. I took care of it." she said while crossing her arms and grinning.

Esthenia looked up a Pagasis with a bewildered look.

"Really?" she exclaimed.

"Surprisingly, yes." he said, giving her a warm, reassuring look. "Mona told everyone that he went to Ceair to visit Castirio."

"And they actually believed her?"

Pagasis nodded. "Yeah. I wouldn't have believed her myself, but she managed to pull it off."

"It's my innocence." Mona giggled gleefully. She looked rather proud of herself. I didn't believe her. Then again I, Castirio, am telling this story. But even if I wasn't, I still wouldn't have believed her because I know Mona is everything but innocent.

"We should get going." said Esthenia, "I only have all night."

She turned to Mona. "Did you bring them?" she asked.

"Yes." Mona replied.

She turned and walked back to the tree she had been sitting in. She walked to the base of the trunk and picked up Esthenia's bow and arrows that where leaning against the tree. She held them lightly as she carried them over to their owner. On their last journey, Esthenia had gotten them from an elf in the TV world. The silver arrows, they were called, where magical and did anything to their target that the shooter wanted. Esthenia was proud of the fact that she was a pretty good archer, however she was still a novice.

She stood up on her hind legs. It was hard to keep her balance being a sphinx but she did this often so she didn't fall over. Mona helped her put the strap over her shoulder then handed her the bow.

"Thanks, Mona." she said. She then went back down on all fours. She turned to Pagasis and said, "Lets go then."

I remember the first time when they first walked through the portal. They didn't end up all in the same place, so this time they where prepared for separation. Also they knew that their forms would change to suite the place they were in. Kovu and Pagasis, with their physical powers, could keep themselves and their companions in their regular forms. Pagasis and Esthenia had human forms so they could be human or animal anywhere.

They all took a giant step through the portal. It helped if they went at the same time because if they would have went separately they might end up in different places again and nobody wanted that.

"Here we go again." Esthenia said to herself.

Moments later their feet hit the ground. Esthenia found herself kneeling in a bed of grass. She looked up and saw Pagasis standing over her. He was in his human form. Esthenia then realized that she too was in hers. Pagasis held out his hand to help her up. She grasped it and lifted herself. Standing on two legs, she looked around. They where in a light forest. It was so thin that she could see more sky then leaves. Mona appeared by her side. She was still in her regular form. Nothing changed except instead of wearing her usual tattered dress, she wore a white kimono with blue pants. Esthenia looked down at herself and realized that she too was wearing one. It was almost the same as Mona's except hers was red. She looked at Pagasis to see if he was wearing the same thing. His was white with blue seams and slits on the upper arms. It looked familiar.

"Where are we?" he asked. He glanced at Esthenia.

"I don't quite know." she replied. "It looks familiar though."

She sniffed the air but only caught the scent of Mona's eagerness.

"Yeah, I think I recognize it too." said Mona.

"Well of course you do." Pagasis grinned, "You've been everywhere."

Mona ignored him and continued to look around and like Esthenia, she too was sniffing the air for any clues. Suddenly her ears sprang up. Her eagerness grew and was so strong that it burned Esthenia's nose.

"That smell… I know it anywhere!" Mona exclaimed. Her eyes grew big.

Then suddenly without warning she took off through the trees.

"Mona! Wait!!" Pagasis called after her.

He began to follow her but Esthenia stopped him by grabbing his shoulder. He turned and looked at her in confusion.

"What are you doing?" he asked. "We should follow her. Who knows what trouble she might get into."

"Just wait." said Esthenia. "Trust me. She needs to be alone. I too smell his presence."

Mona ran. Knocking away brush and jumping high over rocks.

"I know your here." she said in her head.

She jumped into a tree and launched herself off one of its large branches. She soared high then spread her wings and glided a distance. A moment later she landed in the grass next to a large tree. She looked around until…

"Mona?"

She turned and looked up to where the voice came from. She smiled and was overjoyed to see InuYasha sitting up in the tree. She jumped down and gracefully landed in front of her. She stood there for a moment. The expression in his eyes told her that he was just as astounded to see her as she was to see him. The two thought they would never meet again.

"What are you doing here?" InuYasha asked. "You didn't run away again, did you?"

InuYasha was always hiding his emotions. Even if he missed her as much as she missed him, he would never show it. Mona however felt a sudden warmth spread through her. No matter how rude he sounded as he spoke she loved to hear his voice again. She suddenly rushed forward and threw her arms around him. He hesitated for a moment then put his arms around her too. He felt the same way she did.

They stood for a moment then released just when Eshtenia and Pagasis arrived.

InuYasha looked at them.

"Esthenia? What are you doing here?" He asked. He then looked back at Mona to see if she was trying to escape like last time, but she was still by his side. This confused him even more.

"What's going on?"

"We lost someone." Esthenia replied. She giggled at his expectation of Mona trying to run away like last time.

"Mona's father, Kovu." She said. She then explained about what happened last time.

"So, have you seen him?" she asked.

InuYasha looked thoughtful. "Is he a demon? Because if he is here I probably killed him."

"No. He is a Guardian Dragonwolf." said Pagasis.

"A Dragonwolf? Digarah is his father, isn't he?"

"How do you know?" Mona gasped.

InuYasha looked at her and grinned. "I can smell it through you, and it's a bit obvious seeing as how you are half demon."

"InuYasha!"

Esthenia groaned as Kagome suddenly appeared out from the trees. Esthenia didn't like Kagome vary much. Mona let out a silent scream and ran up and hid behind InuYasha. For some reason she was afraid of humans and Kagome was the first one she'd ever met.

"InuYasha, where have you been?" Kagome asked. She then gasped when she saw the visitors from the Dream World.

"Uh, InuYasha? Who are they?" she exclaimed.

"Old friends." he replied.

Kagome looked around at them for a moment then caught sight of Mona, who was still hiding behind InuYasha.

"You!!" she exclaimed. She backed up a little. Then looked at InuYasha with a mixture of anger and confusion. "Are you crazy?! She tried to kill me!" she yelled pointing at Mona.

Kagome also remembered her first encounter with Mona. They were both vary frightened when they ran into each other and when Mona got frightened she would always pull out her trusty knife. Kagome was an archer and she had her bow and arrow drawn. When Mona went to attack her she shot at her several times before Mona decided not to take any more chances in getting hit. Although she was quick at dodging the arrows she couldn't get close enough to slash Kagome with the knife. She finally reached the decision to flee with the thought of: Humans are dangerous maniacs.

"You're the crazy one!" Mona growled. "You tried to kill me too."

"Yeah, out of self defense!" Kagome yelled back.

Mona glared at her for a moment then tugged on InuYasha's shirt. He looked down at her and she signaled him to come a little closer to whisper something in his ear. He leaned down a little.

"She needs to be punished." Mona whispered with her hand cupped over her mouth.

Esthenia stifled a laugh. She could hear every word. Kagome, didn't however.

"What did that little demon say about me?" she frowned.

InuYasha looked a little uncomfortable. "Uhhh.."

"Little demon?!!" Mona roared. She sprang up and drew out her knife and before InuYasha could stop her she began to run at Kagome with the blade raised over her head.

Kagome screamed and braced herself. Mona was about three feet away from her when Pagasis reached out and grabbed her by the collar. She whip lashed backwards like a dog on a leash.

"Down girl." he said.

Mona looked up at him with anger in her eyes. "Let me go!" she growled and began to struggle. "I'm `gonna kill that little bitch!"

Everyone stared at Mona. Esthenia could smell sheer anger off her and Kagome. Esthenia then realized that Mona disliked Kagome more than she did, but it wasn't just dislike, it was absolute hate. Pagasis pulled her back and let go. Everyone waited for Mona to make the move again, Pagasis especially. She didn't. She stood there for a moment. She was in deep thought. She took steady breaths and her eyes were closed. Seconds later she sighed and opened her eyes. Her blue one shone more bright, the Dragonwolf half of her usually tamed her and made her calm. She sighed again.

"Okay…"

Kagome put her hands on her hips. "Well then." she said. "If you are friends of InuYasha then I should introduce myself. I am…"

"I know who you are." Esthenia hissed.

She knew exactly who she was. A 15 year old schoolgirl that came from a different time. She is the reincarnation of a priestess name Kikyo. In InuYasha's time, Kikyo died 50 years ago because an evil demon named Naraku, turned them against each other. Kikyo was attempting to take the Shikon no Tama, a sacred jewel, to InuYasha to make him become fully human, but the trickster, Naraku, disguised himself as InuYasha and ended her life.

When Kagome turned 15 years of age she found the Shikon no Tama

in her body. Before she knew it she fell down her family's well and ended up in the warring time period. She found InuYasha stuck to a tree with a sacred arrow that put him into an eternal sleep for 50 years. She released him to help her. When Jibugarasu, a bird demon, took the jewel Kagome shot him with an arrow and ended up splitting the Shikon no Tama into thousands of shards. Now, Kagome and InuYasha are looking for the shards. The shards were powerful and demons from all over seek the them.

Esthenia grinned. Kagome never knew about the last journey, and she also didn't think that Esthenia knew who she was.

Kagome glared at her.

"She must be some kind of demon." Kagome thought in her head. "But she doesn't know, she is just trying to scare me."

That was precisely what Esthenia wanted to do.

"You are Kagome. The reincarnation of Kikyo." said Esthenia. Inside her head she chuckled and said;

"Lets see what happens now."

Kagome gasped and backed away from Esthenia. She was shocked and startled. As she did so she stumbled on a rock and fell backwards, right into Pagasis. He caught her before she hit the ground. Kagome had her eyes closed from fear. She opened them when she realized that she wasn't falling anymore. She looked up to see her savior. Her and Pagasis' eyes both met. Both faces were slightly flushed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Kagome exclaimed. She stood up as Pagasis helped her to her feet.

He nodded as an acceptance of her apology. The two then just stared at each other for a moment until InuYasha and Esthenia loudly cleared their throats at the same time. Kagome and Pagasis looked at them. Their faces were really red now. Everyone was quiet.

"All right!" Mona shouted, breaking the silence. "We have to begin the search for my father. Who knows what trouble he might be in."

"This sounds familiar." InuYasha snorted.

Mona just let out a exaggerated laugh. Kagome looked at Mona, Esthenia and Pagasis.

"I don't mean to be rude," she said. "But what are you and where are you from?"

They all sat down in the grass. Mona, Pagasis and Esthenia all introduced themselves. Mona and Esthenia tried to be nice but an opportunity arose to frighten her again. This time Mona had the fun.

"Guardian?" Kagome awed. Pagasis was telling her who he was at this moment. She seemed pretty taken with him. "What of?"

"Dreams." he replied. "We Guardians protect peoples dreams from nightmare causing demons."

"Demons?" Kagome shuddered.

"Yeah." Said Mona. She then flung her arms out, nearly hitting InuYasha in the face. "Your looking at one." She hissed and stuck out her long pointed tongue like some kind of snake. Her red eye flashed slightly.

Kagome let out a silent scream and scooted closer to Pagasis. Esthenia elbowed Mona for being mean. However she tried to stifle her laugh. She thought it was kind of funny.

"Okay," Mona sighed. "I'm only a half demon. I am a slayer. Like Guardians, we also protect dreams but we like to kill demons more than anything else. My name in Rico Mona, but just call me Mona."

InuYasha chuckled. Mona frowned at him.

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"That's your full name? Sounds kinda dorky."

"I think it's pretty." said Kagome. "What's it mean?"

"Forest spirit. I was named after my grandmother." Mona replied.

For about an hour they talked about themselves. Kagome was fascinated about the Dream World. Then they all decided to get serious. All of them knew they had to come up with some sort of strategy to find Kovu. There were so many places he could possibly be. Mona, decided that they should split up but Esthenia had her complaints,

"No way!" she said flatly. "I am not splitting up again. Remember what happened last time?"

"Sorry Mona I have to agree with her." said Pagasis. "That's how we ended up here again in the first place. We can't afford to look for anyone else."

"I know it's a bad idea, but we can cover more ground that way." said Mona.

Kagome sighed and looked down at InuYasha, who was now lying on his back with his arms behind his head.

"Why don't you think of anything." Kagome asked him.

"Taking action is more my style. So when you come up with something I'll be more than happy to do something." InuYasha replied with a lazy expression.

"Lazy mutt." Kagome sighed.

"Okay than what else can we do?" Mona frowned.

"We should just stick together." said Esthenia.

"But that will take longer."

"So."

"You know we don't have much time Esthenia. Are you willing to risk that?"

"I am willing to risk anything to brink Kovu back. Even if my time expires and my mom calls the police because I'm not in my house, asleep in my bedroom, and I get kicked out of my family tree. And if we stand around and talk about it then it will take even longer."

Everyone was silent for a moment.

"That is one determined sphinx." said InuYasha in his head.

"Well." said Mona. "I guess we should stay together. I don't want to lose anyone either. Lets just find my father."

"All right then!" InuYasha shouted, suddenly standing up. "It's party time!"

"You are so corny." Kagome sighed.

"Say what?" InuYasha growled.

"I know it's around here somewhere." Said InuYasha. He and the other were looking for the portal so they could travel to the other TV shows and movies.

Like the Dream world, the TV world has a way to get to the other places, but unlike the Dream world that has an ocean filled with monsters that surrounds the islands. The TV world uses portals, but they cannot be crossed unless on important business. Kind of like how you need wings to cross the sea to get to other islands.

InuYasha stopped. He stood and waited for the others to catch up. Mona appeared by his side.

"Did you find it?" she asked.

"Yes." InuYasha replied.

"Good." said Kagome, who was slightly winded by all the walking.

Esthenia and Pagasis finally appeared. Everyone was there. InuYasha pointed to a large boulder. The portal was right on it.

"Yes," said Mona. "I remember now." She then sighed and put her hand on InuYasha's shoulder. He looked at her with his yellow eyes. Both of them looked at her in question.

"Huh?"

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." said Mona. Deep down something told her that something wasn't right. There was this look about InuYasha that made her wonder.

"Huh? What's that mean?" asked InuYasha.

Mona just stared at him.

"What's with the sympathetic look? Do you actually think I would let you do this on your own?"

He looked over Mona at Esthenia and Pagasis. Then back at Mona.

"They may be strong or powerful, but they don't know how dangerous things could get. And if something does happen you cannot change it. You cannot interfere with what is happening in another place. You cannot defend yourselves."

Mona smiled. "All right, I see how you are." she said.

"Wait a minute…"

"Something's up, InuYasha. You're just not telling me."

"What! Oh as if! Why would I hide anything?"

"Okay if you insist…"

Mona and InuYasha kept at it. Pagasis, Esthenia and Kagome just stared at them.

"They could be at this for hours." Esthenia sighed.

"Maybe we should stop them." Pagasis suggested.

"Good idea." said Kagome. She then walked up between InuYasha and Mona. "Hay what's the hold up?"

The two just stared at her for a moment.

"Uh… Nothing." said Mona.

"Kagome!" InuYasha exclaimed. He had acted like he had just seen her.

"Maybe you should stay here. It might get dangerous and someone has to tell Miroku and Shippo where I went."

Kagome was furious.

"No way! I want to help just as much as you do. If you go, then I do!"

InuYasha frowned but then he smiled. Esthenia did too. She could tell that he was happy that Kagome wanted to stay by his side.

InuYasha nodded.

"Fine then." he sighed.

"I always win!" Kagome cheered in her mind.

Everyone walked through the portal at the same time. It seemed to keep everyone from being separated. It worked the first time and shore enough, they all stepped out at the same time. They were all together and still in the forms they had started in.

"Where are we?" Pagasis asked. He looked around. He then looked at Esthenia.

"I don't know." she replied. She too was looking. They were in a large forest, similar to Esthenia's.

Suddenly Mona's ears sprang up. "Wait, I know!" she exclaimed.

Everyone looked at her.

"If I'm not mistaken this is where I met that huge wolf."

"Yeah, you're right." said InuYasha.

Mona shuddered. "She reminded me of aunt Rinoa when she's angry."

"Moro." said Esthenia. "We must be in "Princess Mononoke"."

That was Esthenia's favorite movie.

"So that's the beast's name." said Mona.

"Something don't smell right." said InuYasha.

Mona's ears perked up. She sniffed the air then suddenly frowned.

"Something's wrong. Someone is nearby. A human!" she growled.

Esthenia's ear twitched. Something was making the leaves rustle in the thicket behind her.

"Stay on your guard." she warned. "We're being watched."

She was right. That vary moment a large white wolf and rider leapt out of the bushes.

Kagome screamed and ran behind InuYasha. Him and Pagasis stood their ground. Mona and Esthenia jumped back from surprise.

"San…" Esthenia whispered.

The rider's name was San. San wore her mask and white fluffy cape. In her hand was a long wooden spear. The wolf was not nearly as large as Moro but he was as tall as Esthenia. He was San's adopted brother, one of Moro's sons.

"Trespassers!" the wolf growled. He looked at Mona with an evil glare and his teeth bared.

Mona growled and pressed her ears back. In wolf talk this meant anger.

San hopped of the wolf's back.

"What brings you to the wolf tribe's forest?" she growled.

"My father!" Mona roared. Her blue eye flashed.

San winced. She jumped back, pointing the spear at Mona. Her brother appeared at her side. Still showing his teeth.

Mona suddenly drew out her knife.

"My father!" she repeated. "We are looking for my father. I warn you. If you do not tell me then I'll…"

InuYasha grabbed her shoulder. Mona gasped an looked up at him.

"He isn't here." he said to her. "I cannot smell him, and if you would stop and smell the roses maybe you would realize it too."

Mona lifted her head and took a steady breath. She sighed and lowered her head.

"You're right."

"Good. Then we should get out of here before Moro comes." said Esthenia.

"Giant wolf?" Kagome shuddered. "Good idea. Lets get out of here."

InuYasha nodded. He then turned to San and her brother.

"Listen." he said. "We will leave if you tell us were the portal is."

San was still in a combative position, but her expression was thoughtful. She nodded.

"Yes. I do know were it is. If I take you to it then you must promise me that you will never return here."

"Thank you." said Esthenia. "And please. If you see a Dragonwolf then tell him we were here and we are looking for him."

San nodded again. She hopped back onto her brother's back.

"Follow me." she said.

The wolf immediately took off. Mona and the others followed. The wolf was running fast. Jumping over rocks and tree roots. He looked behind him and San. Then stopped. He looked back at the others whom were still way behind him.

"Keep up!" the wolf shouted.

"Easy for you to say!" Mona shouted.

The wolf waited a moment then took off again.

Esthenia groaned.

"We aren't getting anywhere this way." she panted.

Pagasis and InuYasha were by her side. They were the fastest of the group. Kagome and Mona were still way behind.

"That's it!" shouted Pagasis. His eyes suddenly turned blue. A bright flash lit the aria around them.

Esthenia closed her eyes. When she opened them the light was gone and she was running on all four paws again.

"All right!" she shouted.

InuYasha looked at her in amazement as she fell back to were Kagome and Mona where. He looked up at Pagasis who was a horse again.

"How'd you do that?" he exclaimed.

"Something I learned." Pagasis replied. "Be right back." He then fell back too.

Esthenia caught up with Mona. They were running side by side. Esthenia looked at her and smiled. Mona knew her intention and jumped on her back. Esthenia then took off. She was vary fast.

"Wait for me!" Kagome shouted. "Huh?"

Pagasis was by her side now.

"Get on!" He ordered. He then slowed down and Kagome climbed up on his back. She held on tightly as he went into a dead run. They caught up with Esthenia and InuYasha.

"Wanna lift?" Pagasis asked him.

"Thanks but no thanks." InuYasha repled.

Esthenia smiled. She knew he wouldn't take the offer. He was to dignified, but he was able to keep up.

They were at the wolf's heels now. Pagasis and Esthenia were much faster in their true forms. They followed him through the trees until they stopped. They were in a clearing that appeared to be empty.

Mona leapt off Esthenia's back.

"There it is." she said. She pointed to a blurry patch on the mossy ground.

"I see it." said Esthenia. She turned to San and her wolf brother. "Thank you."

"Just remember your pact." said San.

"We will." Esthenia replied. She turned to the others.

Kagome climbed off of Pagasis' back.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Lets get out of here."

"What's wrong? You scared?" InuYasha teased.

"No!"

"Yeah right. You see a single demon and you wet yourself."

"SIT!"

"Owww…"

They said their good byes and walked through the portal together.

Meanwhile, back in InuYasha's world…

"Sesshoumaru!" a voice growled. "I know you're here. I've come to seek revenge!!"

"What is that thing!" Shippo cried.

"I don't know, but we cannot ward it off. It's much too large. We must find InuYasha and Kagome." said Miroku.

The beast trampled over forests and villages.

"What is it doing?" asked Shippo.

"I do not know. He appears to be searching for something, but whatever it may be it is not in our village." Miroku replied.

This was true. The huge beast just walked over their small village. Stomping everything in his path. He traveled over the country side repeating his words. He stopped once though.

A black dog demon was terrorizing a small village in the forest. She was large and stood above the trees. She looked up at the large beast approaching her. Her long blonde tipped hair stood up on end. She was intimidated by the beasts might for he was much larger than she.

The beast stopped in front of her and looked down. He reached down and touched her head. She didn't move. She was paralyzed with fright.

He stroked her head and hair a couple times then continued on his way.

The dog demon looked back at him wide eyed. She stood there for a moment, half afraid and half relieved. She wasn't the object of his malice. She then sighed and relaxed. Her black hair disappeared and she shrank back into her human size. She stood on a large tree branch watching the beast disappear slowly from view.

"Be careful Sesshoumaru." she sighed.

"Where are we?" Kagome asked. She looked at Esthenia who was back in her human form.

"I don't know." Esthenia frowned. The whole place was white and plain.

InuYasha took a deep sniff.

"I doesn't matter." He said. "Kovu isn't here."

"You're right." Mona sighed. "Lets just go."

"Where, exactly?" Kagome asked.

"There." Mona replied, pointing to a white wall.

"Yo quilo Taco Bell!" said a voice from behind them.

They spun around and looked around for whoever made the voice. They didn't see anyone.

"Look there!" Kagome awed. "Look at the little doggy!"

Everyone looked down.

"Oh god not that thing!" Esthenia groaned.

"What the hell is it?" InuYasha asked. "Some kind of rat?"

"It's a Chihuahua." Esthenia replied.

The Chihuahua was really tiny and was wearing a black hat with a little bell sticker on it.

"Ask him if he seen Kovu." said Pagasis.

"I don't think so." said Esthenia. "He cant talk. He only knows a couple lines."

"Damn!" Mona growled. "Can I kick it then?"

"No." said Esthenia. "Trust me. These little buggers are more than what they seem. They will chew your ankles off!"

"Is that what breed of dog you are?" Kagome asked InuYasha.

"Hell no!! Why would I be related to that puny thing?"

"Yeah right, InuYasha. I bet you would be biting people's ankles if you were that small too." Mona remarked.

"Say what."

"Okay who cares, lets go." said Kagome.

Careful not to step on the dog they made their way across the room. InuYasha looked down at the dog wickedly.

"Your lucky I didn't eat you." he growled.

Mona cracked up.

"Make a little taco out of him." she suggested.

The dog looked up at them with his huge black eyes. He suddenly growled and showed his teeth.

"Are you bad mouthing me?" Mona growled back.

Pagasis grabbed Mona by the shoulders and pulled her away from the dog.

"Leave the little one alone." he said.

Suddenly the dog let out a yipping bark, ran forward and grabbed Pagasis by the pant leg. It began to snarl and growl viscously while pulling back.

"AHHH! It's attacking me!!" Pagasis yelped. He suddenly kicked and sent the little dog flying.

"He's outta here!" InuYasha yelled. He had his hand over his eyes and watched the dog disappear from view.

"Whoops!" said Pagasis.

"That poor little doggy!" Kagome cried.

"Don't worry." said Esthenia. "They are strong little things."

They headed for the portal.

Pagasis looked a little uncomfortable.

Esthenia put her hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay. The commercial sucked anyway. You did millions of viewers a favor."

Pagasis just shrugged and smiled.

"Well it's a good thing you got rid of it. It was probably about to sprout fangs and claws and start killing us." said InuYasha as they stepped though the portal.

Everyone laughed.

They stepped out in a desert. It was hot and humid. The rugged landscape looked like a war zone.

"What is this place?" Kagome shivered.

"I don't know." said Mona. She looked at Esthenia. "Look familiar?"

Esthenia looked around. Her ears twitched a couple of times.

"I think I do." she said. She lifted her head and took a deep sniff.

Mona and InuYasha did the same.

"Oh well." InuYasha sighed. "He isn't here either."

"Yeah." said Mona. "Lets get out of here."

Everyone began to walk.

"So does anyone know where we are going?" Kagome asked.

"Not really." said Esthenia with little enthusiasm.

The wind whipped across the desert. Sand and weeds blew around and a strange scent reached Esthenia's nose.

"What the…" she stopped and looked around. Her ears began to twitch.

InuYasha appeared by her side. His ears were twitching too. They both could hear a low rumble.

"What is that?" asked Mona. She could hear it too.

"What?" Kagome trembled.

Pagasis suddenly appeared on Esthenia's other side. He had a look of question. Esthenia looked up at him.

"What is it? I know you sense it." she said.

"I sense a force. Something I have never encountered before." he said.

"I don't like the looks of this…" Mona growled.

Kagome was freaking out now.

"What is it!"

"I don't know…"

"A machine!" Esthenia suddenly yelled.

She was right. At that instant a huge white mechanical cat came over the horizon. It was running vary fast and they were in its path.

"A Zoid." Esthenia awed.

Everyone looked at her.

"What's a Zoid?" Pagasis snorted.

"A robot people use for battling one another. They are awesome and extremely powerful." Esthenia replied. She then looked at Pagasis with a fearful look. "And extremely dangerous."

The Zoid was still coming at them. It got larger and larger. Nobody moved. Instead they stood there and watched it approach until they all realized that it was too late to move out of the way.

The Zoid suddenly stopped. It was standing only feet away from the group.

"Do you think it can see us?" Mona whimpered.

"Most likely." InuYasha growled.

The Zoid suddenly looked down. Right at them.

"It sees us!" Kagome shrieked. She ran up behind Pagasis.

"Give me a break." Esthenia hissed in her mind.

Suddenly a door opened from the top of the Zoid's head. A boy climbed half way out. He looked at them with a grin.

"What do you think of my Liger?" he suddenly asked.

"Nice." Esthenia nodded, checking out the paint job.

She had seen the show "Zoids" many times. She knew the pilot meant them no harm. She actually thought it was kind of funny seeing how everyone was so frightened. Also the pilot and InuYasha had the same voice.

"Compliments of Richard Cox…" She sighed in her mind.

"What the… Who in the hell do you think you are?" InuYasha yelled.

"Yeah." said Kagome. "You scared the wits out of me!"

The pilot blinked with a look of confusion. He was staring at InuYasha.

"Do I know you?" he marveled.

Esthenia stifled a laugh.

"So they figured it out." she giggled in her mind.

"Not likely." InuYasha growled.

Esthenia suddenly busted out laughing. Everyone stared at her.

"Yeah what is it?" InuYasha growled. "I don't see what's so funny. This guy stole my voice!"

"Am I the only one who reads the credits?!!" Esthenia laughed.

Everyone stared at her blankly. Her ears lowered.

"Never mind…" *Sweat drop*

Pagasis marched up to the Zoid and the pilot.

"Listen, we have to find a portal…"

"Six miles in that direction." the pilot interrupted, pointing north.

"What!" Mona yelped. "Six?"

The pilot nodded.

"That's going to take us forever…" she sighed.

"Well what are we waiting around here for?" Kagome groaned. "Let's start walking."

Everyone turned north and began to walk without taking a second glance at the Zoid or its pilot.

"Wait!" the pilot suddenly shouted.

Everyone turned and looked at him.

"Yeah, what is it?" InuYasha growled.

"Uhhh. I don't think you should go through there. You guys are trespassing on our battle grounds." said the pilot.

"Good, so lets walk faster." said InuYasha as he turned and began to walk.

Esthenia could smell a sour dislike coming off of him. She could tell that he didn't like the pilot vary much.

"No you don't understand!" the pilot called out.

InuYasha stopped.

"The battle grounds are dangerous and other Zoids are out there battling. You could get killed, or blown up, or stepped on…"

"Okay we get the point." said InuYasha. "So what are you saying? All of us can't fly over it."

"No…" said the pilot thoughtfully. "But I have an idea."

"Good idea!" Esthenia shouted over the whistling wind and the loud foot fall of the Zoid.

The group was riding on the head of the great mechanical beast. InuYasha was holding onto Kagome so she wouldn't slip off. Of course she wouldn't make it easy for him by holding still. Instead she flailed her arms out every time she felt it move funny, thinking that it might crash.

Esthenia, Pagasis and Mona were sitting cross legged and enjoying the ride.

"This is so cool!" Mona yelled. The wind was whipping through her black hair and her cheeks were kind of puffed out.

This heavily reminded Esthenia of a dog hanging its head out of a car window while going down the road.

They raced across the desert. The Liger 0 was extremely fast so they got to their destination in no time at all.

When their ride finally stopped, everyone hopped off. Esthenia laughed when she saw Kagome. Her hair was all tweaked and her eyes were wide as if she were frozen solid.

"Thank you!" they shouted to the pilot (Everyone except InuYasha).

The pilot nodded then moments later, he and the Liger 0 took off over the horizon.

"Now where is that portal?" Mona wondered out loud.

"There." said Esthenia. She pointed to a cliff. The portal rest at the base.

"Lets go." said InuYasha.

"So Kagome. Did your fingernails ruin the paint job?" Esthenia asked humorously as they approached the portal.

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up." Kagome replied.

Pagasis chuckled silently and shook his head as they stepped through.

"Hell yes!!" Mona shouted as they stepped out again.

They were standing in a town. Their forms slightly changed. They looked like cheebies with oval eyes.

"Hell no!" Esthenia groaned and tightly closed her eyes. She knew exactly where she was. In a small town called South Park.

"I take it you know where we are." said Pagasis.

"Yup!" said InuYasha.

This it the place where he found Mona for the second time so he also remembered.

"Hay where's that little big headed orange kid? I wanna kill him again!" said Mona wide eyed. She was pretty happy.

"No Mona." said InuYasha. "Isn't once good enough?"

"No…"

"So is Kovu here or not?" Kagome asked.

"Sure." said Mona. She lifted her head, took a quick sniff and then pointed up the sidewalk. "That way!"

She began to run in that direction until InuYasha grabbed her by the collar.

"Nice try." he said.

"Rats!" said Mona as she sighted Kenny coming around the corner with his friends Cartman, Kyle and Stan.

"Your mom is a bitch Kyle!" Cartman shouted.

"Hay! Shut up you fat…"

All four boys suddenly stopped. They finally noticed the visitors.

"Who the hell are you?" Stan suddenly asked.

"Nooo! aliens!" Cartman screamed, shielding his butt with his hands. "They've come to put another probe in my ass!"

"Oh shut up!" Esthenia hissed.

Mona and Kenny were staring at each other. Mona had a wicked grin on her face.

Kenny looked fearful and before he knew it he was lying on the pavement, covered in blood. He was dead. Mona had killed him once again with her knife.

"Oh my god!" Kyle screamed. "You killed Kenny! You bastard!"

Mona just smiled. She was proud of herself.

"Okay, are you happy now!" said InuYasha. He grabbed Mona by the arm and pulled her in the opposite direction. "Come on. Lets go!"

The others followed. Shaking their heads and sighing.

Stan, Kyle and Cartman just stood there looking at their friend's body on the ground.

"Let's just leave him here. He'll come back anyway if he doesn't go to hell." said Kyle.

Meanwhile…

"Hay Miroku." said Shippo. "Didn't that demon somewhat resemble the beast, Royacon?"

"Yes, come to think of it, it does somewhat resemble the beast. But I don't understand it. Did he return from the dead?" said Miroku.

"Must have…" Shippo murmured.

"Where are they. Surely they should have realized that there was trouble." Miroku wondered.

He and Shippo were sitting beside the old well that connected the two worlds.

"I don't know." said Shippo. "Maybe they got sidetracked or ran into more trouble."

"Or maybe they are gone." said Miroku.

Shippo looked up at him in question.

"What? Do you mean they could have went to Kagome's era?" he asked.

"No, maybe they are somewhere else. Some place we don't know about."

Shippo looked at him wide eyed. His face went scarlet.

"No, no! Get your mind out of the gutter. You are much too young to be thinking about that stuff!" Miroku exclaimed.

"Why, that's all you ever seem to think about."

"All right, we are changing the subject…"

"We are never going to find him…" Esthenia groaned. She and the others were sitting in a corner booth in a strange bar. It was somewhere in the middle of the galaxy. Esthenia didn't seem to recognize the place. They had been through many movies, shows, even commercials and Kovu wasn't in a single one.

"I wish I could use my nose." said Mona.

Esthenia wished too. The bar was crowded and cigarette smoke filled the air. It burned their noses.

"Well, at least we fit in with the crowd." said Pagasis, staring wide eyed at some freaky looking alien in a trench coat that just walked past their table.

Their were many aliens as much as people in the place. Many of them were at the bar counter drinking. Some were playing a game called pool at large tables in the middle of the bar. Esthenia knew of this game and played it well, but she was in no mood to play. She was less determined. Time was running out for her and she would have to head back to her world before anyone in her family knew she was gone.

Pagasis put his arm around her and when she looked up at him he gave her a comforting smile. She smiled back.

"Don't worry. We'll find him." he said. With his free arm he lightly punched her shoulder.

Esthenia smiled. He always had a way to calm her down.

"Well… since we're here why don't we grab a drink?" she offered.

Everyone looked at each other and nodded.

"Well come to think of it…" said Kagome. "I am a bit thirsty."

"Yeah, me too." said Mona.

"Okay." said Esthenia as she slid out of the booth and stood up. "What do yawl want?"

Everyone just stared at her again.

Her ear twitched.

"Okay… water I take it." she said. "Don't worry I'll get it."

She turned and made her way through the crowd, trying not to walk into people and other life forms. Especially a particularly slimy one that just happened to be standing in the middle of the walkway.

"Excuse me!" she exclaimed as she accidentally walked into a really big man.

He gave her a deathly stare as she walked away somewhat backward. She was afraid of turning her back on him. She suddenly tripped on something lying on the floor and landed on her back. She opened her eyes and saw a grayish-white tail in front of her face. She sat up and followed it with her eyes. It was long and thick. It went up to a huge form in a dark gray trench coat. It was a tall man in a hat.

"Kind of like the ones in the detective movies…" she thought to herself.

The man didn't seem to notice her as she lay on the floor staring at him. He was standing at one of the pool tables with a cigarette in his mouth, chalking the end of his pool stick. He then bent down over the table and leveled his stick with the white cue ball. It was aimed for the black 8-ball in the middle of the table. He pulled the stick back and with a single stroke he sent the cue ball rolling right into the 8-ball. Making a dull clunking sound, the black ball rolled forcefully across the table then sinking into one of the holes in the left corner of the table.

Esthenia nodded.

"Not bad…"

She then stood up. She wasn't about to yell at the man about being tripped. He was bigger then her and she had a respect for his pool skills. She walked up to him and looked up at him from head to toe. He was about six and a half feet tall. She was about to poke him on the back when she noticed a pair of long pointed horns poking from the top of his had. She hesitated for a moment but then tapped him lightly on the shoulder.

"Excuse me sir…" she said. "I don't mean to be rude but your…"

She didn't have a chance to finish her sentence when the man spoke.

"Yes I know." he said taking the cigarette out of his mouth and squishing the lit end into an ash tray. He then turned around and faced her.

Esthenia blinked. The man's face was covered in shadow. The front of the coat was buttoned up. The only part of him she could see was his long white face, black nose and a pair of familiar black ears hung over his shoulders.

The two stared at each other for a moment.

"Kovu?" Esthenia exclaimed, wide eyed.

The man nodded then took off his hat. His long black hair fell to his shoulders and his black markings and blue eyes were visible now. The blue jewel on his head shimmered brightly in the lamp-light. His long ears went back up again. He grinned.

"So you finally found me." he chuckled.

Esthenia let out a laugh of joy and threw her arms around his neck. The two laughed as he hugged her back.

"All right!! Get your hands off of her you bastard!" A voice shouted from behind them.

The two released and looked behind them.

Mona was standing there with her knife.

"Okay, Mr. Back away from her before I…"

Kovu turned around.

Mona stared blankly at him for a second then;

"Daddy?…"

Kovu nodded.

"DADDY!!"

She pounced opon him with a big hug.

Esthenia smiled. She could feel tears begin to flow from her eyes. Tears of happiness. They had found Kovu and now they finally could go home.

Kovu and Mona released.

"Come on." said Esthenia. "Let's go home."

"Good idea." said Mona. "I wasn't sure if I could take anymore of this running around."

"Now you know what it's like to have a teenager." Kovu chuckled.

"Funny…" said Mona with a sarcastic laugh.

They returned to their table with a big surprise. Everyone was happy to see Kovu. They all walked out of the bar. Esthenia was telling the others what happened when she went to the bar counter to pick up their water while Pagasis conjured up the orb again.

"So Kovu," Esthenia questioned. "How long were you stuck here?"

Kovu let out a laugh. He had a big sense of humor and always looked at the bright side of things.

"Well let's see. I was trying to find a way back out of this world. I just kept on going through a bunch of portals. Then I ended up here. There was no way back out because some guy told me that the next portal was on some other planet and the only way I could get there was to rent a ship. Well I guess renting something takes what they called money. So I learned that game and bet money for every game I played. I learned it fast too, it was kind of easy. Anyway I did it so I could rent a ship and get out of here but I ended up blowing it all on the fist couple of games I lost."

"How could you loose!" said Esthenia. "You were on fire. You are really good!"

"Yes, but like I said; I had to learn it first, and I learned it the hard way." He said. "But what's past is past. Let's get out of here."

They all walked through the large bubble. Unlike a regular portal. Esthenia's orb can take anyone where they wanted to go. They stopped in InuYasha's world first to drop him and Kagome off.

"So, how long did it take you to find me." Kovu asked as they stepped out.

"It's a long story." Esthenia sighed.

"It doesn't matter now." said Mona. "We'd better head back before anyone freaks out."

"Tell me about it." Esthenia sighed.

Pagasis was the last to step out of the orb. He turned and made it disappear with a faint pop. He turned to Esthenia and smiled.

"You look tired." he said.

"No kidding." Esthenia yawned. She then smiled. "Thank god tomorrow is Sunday. That is, if my family will let me sleep all day."

Kagome laughed.

"Tell me about it." she said. "Family, school… It's hard being human."

"Hay. What do you mean it's hard being human?" InuYasha exclaimed. "Us demons have to sleep too, you know!"

"Yeah but you don't have to put up with the things we do." said Kagome. "It's vary stressing."

Mona, Kovu and Pagasis just watched.

"Here they go again." Mona sighed.

"What are they talking about?" Kovu asked.

"I don't know." Pagasis replied.

"Stressing!" InuYasha growled. "Yeah right! You think what I do for a living is just a walk in the woods?"

Kagome opened her mouth to talk back but she halted. Her eyes were off somewhere else. InuYasha and the others stared at her. Everything grew quiet.

"Kagome?" InuYasha questioned.

She didn't hear him. She just took a couple steps forward.

"I sense a jewel shard nearby…"

"Huh?" everyone murmered.

Just then the bushes began to shudder. Everyone turned to the edge of the forest. Esthenia had just realized that they were back where they started before they went to search for Kovu. Everyone got ready for whoever it was.

"InuYasha!"

It was Miroku. He stepped out of the bushes. Shippo was at his heels.

"We've been looking everywhere for you." Miroku panted.

"Yeah? What is it?" InuYasha asked.

"It's Royacon!" Miroku exclaimed. "He's returned and is more powerful then before!"

"What!" InuYasha roared with clenched fists. "I killed him!"

Royacon was once a gentle creature that guarded the forest near InuYasha's village, but turned evil when a jewel shard was imbedded in his body and was manipulated by Naraku.

"I know" said Miroku. "He must have returned from the dead."

"He's got some nerve." InuYasha growled. He then turned to Esthenia.

"You and the others should head back to your world. Things could get dangerous."

Esthenia nodded. She knew not to interfere.

"Let's go." said Pagasis. He turned and with a single glance over his shoulder he began to walk back to the portal to the Dream world. He walked past Esthenia. She looked at InuYasha and Kagome. She nodded and smiled then followed Pagasis."

"Who are they?" Shippo whispered to Kagome.

"Long story…" she replied.

Kovu turned to his daughter. He put his hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you." he said to InuYasha and Kagome.

The two nodded. Kovu smiled and tried to lead Mona back. She wouldn't move. She was staring longingly at InuYasha. Her eyes welled up in tears.

Esthenia and Pagasis stopped when they reached the portal then turned and waited for Mona and Kovu.

Esthenia drew in a deep breath and the sweet smell of sorrow met her nose. She sighed. She felt sorry for Mona. Knowing that she desperately wanted to at least say good bye, but she couldn't find her words. She knew that she would never see InuYasha again.

"Mona, lets go home." said Kovu. He tried to be gentle for he also knew how sad Mona felt. Her feelings were fragile at this moment, and could easily be broken.

InuYasha had his usual scowl, but even he couldn't hide his feelings form Esthenia. The same sweet scent came from him and she knew that he felt the same.

"What are you waiting for?" InuYasha yelled. "Go on. We have work to do!"

He tried so desperately to hide his feelings…

Mona suddenly smiled. That was good enough for her. She wanted to hear his words one last time. She knew how he was.

She turned and she and Kovu began to head for the portal.

She had taken a few steps when she stopped again. She went rigid and the hair on her neck stood up.

Kovu looked down at her to see what was the matter.

"Mona?"

Mona didn't move.

Esthenia gasped. The sweet smell suddenly turned into sour hate. This confused her and made her wonder what was wrong.

"What's going on?" she asked in her head.

Suddenly Pagasis' voice broke her train of thought;

"Kovu! Look out!" he yelled.

"Huh?"

Kovu turned his head toward him to see what was the matter. Lucky for him he had moved just in time.

Mona had drawn out her knife and had swung for his face.

Kovu jumped back and stared at Mona with everyone else.

Mona was rigid, she was drooling from her open mouth, and both eyes were red.

Everyone knew what this meant.

"No way!" Esthenia exclaimed. "It can't be!"

Meanwhile Mona began to chronically swing the knife at her father's face. Kovu dodged her blows and jumped from side to side. He didn't want to hurt her. Suddenly InuYasha grabbed her wrist with the knife held tightly in her fist. He had joined in and held her back.

"We must have left the portal open!" Esthenia exclaimed. She grabbed a hold of Pagasis' sleeve and watched the fray. It was all she could do.

Suddenly Mona went rigid again. She dropped her knife. The hair relaxed on her back and she dropped to her knees. Both eyes were blue. She had regained her control.

She blinked and looked around in confusion. Her eyes were back to their original color. She was back to normal. She sighted her father and InuYasha. The two were barely winded but Mona knew what she had done. She looked back at the ground and bared her teeth. She then put her hand on her knife and raised her head a little.

"DIGARAH!! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!!" she roared.

"Do you think I'm afraid!" a deep growl came from above them.

Everyone looked up and gasped.

"It's him!" Miroku shouted.

An enormous beast was towering over them. Its large, wolfish head was shaggy and black. Large white spikes went down its spine and cheeks. Two long black horns stuck out of the top of his head. He also had long black ears, large red eyes and a red jewel between them.

Esthenia held on to Pagasis even tighter.

"What happened to him!?" she trembled.

"Who's Digarah?" Miroku gulped. "I thought he was Royacon!"

"You thought wrong!" said InuYasha.

"Wait he has a jewel shard!" Kagome suddenly yelled. "Right there, on his head!"

She pointed to the large red jewel on Digarah's head.

"You're mine!!" Mona suddenly shouted. She picked up her knife and before Kovu or anyone could stop her she sprang up into a tree and launched herself into the air. She was flying right at Digarah's head with her knife raised.

"Mona!!" Kovu cried. "Look out!!"

Mona was about ten feet from her target when Digarah snatched her right out of the air with his left hand. She was right in his hand her waist down. The rest of her was sticking out of his fist except her arms, witch were pinned to her sides.

The others watched in horror as Digarah held up his granddaughter. He eyed her for a moment.

Mona struggled and stared fearlessly into his big red eyes.

"Let me go!! YOU MONSTER!!" she roared.

"You will interfere for the last time." he growled. He then took a hold of Mona's tiny wings with his thumb and index finger.

Mona's eyes widened. She struggled even more.

"And now I will tare you apart like the little fly you are."

He gave a swift tug of his right hand and ripped Mona's wings clean off her back.

Mona screamed in pain and agony. Blood stained her clothes and Digarah's hand.

Everyone on the ground gasped in horror.

"Mona!!" Kovu cried.

"You have lost these, you worthless little half breed. Your heritage means nothing to you!" Digarah growled.

Mona was still for a moment in Digarah's hand. The shock had stunned her. Slowly she lifted her head. Her teeth were gritting from the pain.

"You will never win…" she softly growled. "You are… a monster… a demon. You have no place in this world…"

She then looked up at him, making eye contact.

"YOU WILL DIE!! DEMON!!" she burst out. She then fainted. Her last out bust took all of her energy.

Digarah chuckled.

"Your words don't move me. You may think I will change my mind…"

He then tossed her wings. They softly floated away. He then put his fingers around her head. He grinned wickedly.

"But it won't matter to you. It will be all over for you soon enough!"

Suddenly a blue fire ball came sailing through the air, hitting Digarah in the throat.

Digarah's head flew back from the force and blood came up from his throat. Oozing from his open mouth. Growling furiously he looked down to see Kovu at his feet.

Another blue flame was in his hand. He threw it with all his might.

It shot through the air, straight at Digarah's face. It missed it's target though. Digarah had moved his head and it went sailing through the air, then out of sight.

Digarah used his free hand to wipe away some of the blood coming from the corner of his mouth.

"Don't attempt to defy me!" He roared. Then suddenly swiped his right hand, the one with Mona and sent her flying.

She was gone.

Back on the ground, Kovu leapt into the air. Making an attempt to catch his daughter before she hit the ground. However, he would have to go through Digarah first. He spread his large, green wings and took flight. He made another flame in his hand, but before he could throw it, his target's eyes flashed red. Suddenly Kovu was sent backward. Flying out of control to earth then smashing into a tree. Taking it out.

"Kovu!!" Esthenia screamed. She ran up to him.

Kovu sat up from the rubble. He felt the bloody lump on his head and with a slight groan, jerked his hand away. He looked up at Esthenia.

She grabbed his hand and lifted him to his feet.

"Are you all right?" she asked.

Kovu looked up at Digarah with hatred in his eyes.

"My daughter… She is gone…" he sighed. He dropped to his knees. Lifting the earth with his claws when he gripped the ground.

Esthenia's eyes filled with tears.

The others appeared by her side. Murmuring.

Pagasis walked up behind Esthenia and put his hand on her shoulder.

She turned around and fell into him. Softly crying.

He looked down at her sadly. Then held her in his arms. Tears streamed from his sad, blue eyes.

Kagome had her hands over her mouth. Her eyes were wide from shock.

"We have to do something!" InuYasha yelled.

Everyone looked at him.

Kovu stood up.

"Digarah will pay for this!!" He roared. He took a couple steps toward the huge beast leering down at them. He was about to jump back up when Miroku stopped him.

"Wait, I have an idea!" he said.

Kovu stared at him.

Miroku reached for the beads strapped around his arm.

"I will open my wind tunnel. He may be large but it can be done!"

"Good idea." said Kagome.

"No stop Miroku!!"

Shippo appeared on his shoulder.

"Look!"

He pointed up towards the sky.

Everyone looked up and saw a large swarm of insects hovering around Digarah's head.

"Naraku's poisonous insects!" Miroku growled.

"Naraku must have given him the jewel shard!" Shippo exclaimed.

"Well if we can't suck him up. Then we'll blow him out!!" InuYasha yelled.

He looked at Pagasis and Kovu.

They two nodded their heads. They were ready to fight Digarah.

Suddenly, Digarah had lost his patients. He swatted down at them. Pagasis, Kovu and InuYasha leapt out of the way.

Miroku and Shippo ran.

Kagome began to follow them but stumbled on a rock and fell.

InuYasha looked down to where she had fallen.

"Kagome!" he cried. He knew he couldn't reach her in time.

Kagome looked up at the oncoming object. She screamed and braced herself.

Suddenly, Esthenia grabbed her by the arm, tossed her on her back and took off right when Digarah's claws hit the ground. Bringing up rocks and earth.

InuYasha sighed in relief. Kagome was safe.

"You will never escape me!" He roared.

"Wanna bet!" InuYasha yelled. "Iron reaper!!"

Yellow blades shot from his fingertips. They sailed through the air and hit Digarah in the chest. However they bounced off his chest scales and flew in many directions.

"Aim for his head!" Pagasis yelled. "Woa!"

He had just dodged one of the fleeting blades. He was flying next to Kovu. The two then began to attack the huge beast.

Kagome was clinging to Esthenia's shoulders as they flew through the air. Esthenia then landed in a large tree branch. Kagome released and stood next to her. She began to wobble and Esthenia grabbed her hand and helped her regain her balance. Kagome gave her a look of gratitude.

Esthenia smiled. She nodded. One of her ears suddenly twitched to a roaring noise coming from the sky. She and Kagome looked up to where all the noise came from.

Pagasis and Kovu's eyes were both a flashing blue. Their psychic abilities were their best defense. Their attacks hit Digarah hard but only left mere burn marks.

Digarah laughed at their efforts.

"I should be helping them." said Esthenia. She spread her wings and Kagome grabbed her shoulder.

"Wait! I have an idea." she said.

"Yeah? What's that?" asked Esthenia.

"The jewel. Maybe we can hit it. He is too strong to be defeated by strength so lets use our heads." she said.

Esthenia smiled. She thought for a moment.

"Yeah, that might just work." she said. "Okay, lets do it before anyone gets hurt."

The two pulled out an arrow. Esthenia's was a brilliant silver. She looked at it and an idea came to her head. She and Kagome notched their arrows and drew back.

"Kagome, right when you let go say; "Break!" Esthenia ordered.

Kagome nodded. She and Esthenia took aim.

"Right then!"

"Okay, together on my count… 3,2,1!"

"BREAK!!" they both shouted as they let go.

The arrows, side by side, soared through the air. They then hit their target: The large red jewel on Digarah's head.

Digarah shrieked in pain as the jewel shattered. A bright light blew out from his head.

Pagasis, Kovu and InuYasha landed at a distance. They were confused by what was going on.

Digarah began to fall. Squashing many trees under his massive body. Suddenly there was an even brighter light. It blinded everyone.

Esthenia closed her eyes. A strong wind hit her. All she could hear was that and Kagome screaming.

Moments later she opened her eyes. The wind had died down and the light was gone. She was still standing on the tree branch.

Kagome was by her side. Gripping Esthenia's wing, trying to regain her balance. She straightened herself up and looked around.

"What happened?" she blinked.

"I don't believe it!" Esthenia marveled. "He's gone."

Everyone found each other back on the ground.

Pagasis and Kovu had a few minor wounds but InuYasha, however took a terrible blow to the head.

"Let me see!" said Kagome.

"Lay off!" InuYasha growled. He was back to his normal self.

"Nice work." said Pagasis to the girls.

Kagome and Esthenia smiled. They were proud of themselves.

"We should help Kovu search for Mona." Esthenia suggested.

The others nodded.

As soon as Digarah was defeated, Kovu went to find Mona. Miroku and Shippo went with him.

"We should." said InuYasha. Like everyone else, he was worried.

Suddenly Kovu, Miroku and Shippo emerged from the forest.

"Any luck?" Esthenia asked.

Kovu shook his head. He looked sad and depressed. He held up Mona's wings.

"I only found these…" he said.

Kagome gasped.

"Oh, Kovu…" she whispered. Tears began to well up in her eyes.

"We searched the whole west side. Now we are moving to the east. I am not leaving until I find her… alive or dead…" said Kovu.

"We'll go with you." said Esthenia.

Suddenly her ears twitched. She turned towards the forest. Taking a couple steps, she listened harder.

InuYasha appeared at her side.

"You hear that?…" she asked.

"Yeah…"

Pagasis appeared on Esthenia's other side.

"I hear it too."

All three of them listened.

"Foot steps…" said Kovu.

"Here it comes…" Esthenia growled. She widened her stance and went into a combative position.

Everyone else did the same.

Suddenly a figure appeared within the trees. It was tall and approached them slowly. It was covered in shadow. Until it reached the edge of the woods when the light fell on it. It was Sesshoumaru.

"Woa!!"

InuYasha reached for his sword, the Tesuiga.

Sesshoumaru halted. He had a strange grin on his face and something in his arms. It was Mona!

InuYasha suddenly made a move for him.

"No! Stop!!" Esthenia suddenly yelled. "SIT BOY!!"

InuYasha stopped in his tracks and slammed to the ground.

Everyone stared at Esthenia like she was crazy. Sesshoumaru was an enemy.

Esthenia didn't care. She took a couple steps toward Sesshoumaru.

It was the smell coming off him that made her most curious. It was a mixture of anxiousness and compassion. She knew he had no intention to fight.

She began to take steady steps toward him. Everyone stared silently. Nobody tried to stop her. InuYasha sat up and stared too.

Esthenia was only feet away from Sesshoumaru when he kneeled down and lay Mona on the ground. She was motionless. Her back was stained in blood.

Esthenia rushed forward and knelt down beside her and lifted her head.

She was breathing. She was alive.

Sesshoumaru stood up. He then turned and began to walk away.

Esthenia didn't take her eyes off him. She was confused.

"Why did he help?" she wondered to herself.

"Huh?" she suddenly took her eyes off him and looked down at Mona.

She lightly moaned and slowly opened her eyes. They were full of tears of pain.

"Mona?" Esthenia whispered.

Mona blinked then widely opened her eyes. She suddenly sat up.

Esthenia gasped. So did the others behind her but they didn't move. Instead they watched Mona look around until her eyes fell upon Sesshoumaru, whom was almost at the edge of the forest.

"Wait!!" she called to him. She suddenly kneeled then stood up. Blood poured from her back and stained the ground in front of Esthenia.

Esthenia looked at the blood wide eyed. She then looked up at Mona in shock. Lost for words.

Meanwhile, Sesshoumaru turned and looked at Mona.

She tried hard to regain her balance then began to walk toward him.

Sesshoumaru was frozen on the spot like everyone else was.

"Why… why did you do this?" Mona asked as she stopped in front of him.

Sesshoumaru smiled. For the first time it was a true smile. He closed his eyes and nodded.

"You had better explain yourself Sesshoumaru!" InuYasha suddenly growled. He and the others were all waiting for Sesshoumaru's response. They all wanted to know. Even if they couldn't speak for themselves.

"I tried to come sooner." Sesshoumaru replied.

Everyone murmured.

"What do you mean?" InuYasha blurted out. "You mean you actually wanted to help us?"

"Do you think I would have done it for your sake," said Sesshoumaru. "Yes, it was Naraku who gave Digarah the jewel shard. Digarah's main intention was to seek out and destroy me. He thought I had abandoned him in the other world. He was a fool."

"I get it." said Miroku. "Naraku must have made a deal with him. He must have told Digarah that he could destroy us all and get his revenge as long as he killed InuYasha in the process."

Sesshoumaru nodded.

"Just like a munk…" InuYasha growled. "Always a know-it-all."

"Yes, brother. Unlike you, he is smart." Sesshoumaru remarked.

InuYasha clenched his fists.

"You have a lot of nerve, Sesshoumaru. Why would you care? You didn't help us defeat him so why are you here?"

Sesshoumaru frowned. He took his eyes off his angry little brother then down at Mona.

"You forget, this girl helped me last time…"

Everyone murmered.

"It doesn't matter anymore." Kovu finally said. "Digarah is gone. He won't bother us any more."

Mona listened to their words. She couldn't believe that Digarah, her evil demon grandfather was finally dead. She was glad for this but deep down she was infuriated that she couldn't have done it herself. She wanted revenge for what he had done to her, her family, her tribe over the years.

Her eyes filled with tears. She didn't care about the pain anymore.

Blood came pouring from her back once more when she rushed forward and threw her arms around Sesshoumaru's waist. She broke down and began to sob.

Sesshoumaru looked down at her in astonishment. He then held her in his arms.

"I helped you because you spared my life." He whispered. "I thank you for it. I may have helped them for my sake but I would do anything for yours…"

A tear rolled from Esthenia's cheek. She could hear every word that Sesshoumaru spoke. She knew she was the only one who could hear it. She could feel the tear roll down her cheek then felt Pagasis hand as he caught it with his finger. She turned and looked at him.

He gave her his usual smile. The one that always made her feel better.

"You did it." he said.

Esthenia smiled back. She then placed her hand on his cheek.

"No." she said. "We did it together."

The two looked at each other for a moment. Esthenia removed her hand. Her face was bright red. She noticed that Pagasis' was too. She didn't care. Digarah was gone, and Mona was all right. Or she hoped anyway. She looked at Mona and Sesshoumaru.

They had already released. Mona was looking into his eyes then suddenly her own rolled back and closed. With a slight moan she began to fall.

Kovu ran up and caught her before she hit the ground. He held up her weak body. More blood stained the ground.

Kovu held her to his chest. He held her tightly, not letting go.

Sesshoumaru turned. He knew his deed was done. He walked back to the forest.

Mona moaned. She opened her eyes and watched him go. She couldn't hold it for long. Only enough to see him one last time.

Everyone watched Sesshoumaru until he was out of sight. Including InuYasha, who wouldn't take his eyes off him from the start.

Everyone then looked sadly down at Mona and Kovu. They didn't know what they could do for her.

Esthenia walked up and kneeled beside them. She could smell Kovu's sorrow as he looked up at her with sad eyes.

Suddenly Kagome appeared by her side.

"Maybe we could take her to Kiade. Maybe she can heal her." she said.

Esthenia and Kovu looked at each other. They knew that Mona was suffering from blood loss and shock. They also knew that Mona had lost her wings forever. They were one of the little things that symbolized her heritage.

"No," Kovu finally said. "We should take her home."

"Maybe Aslynn could heal her back at the village." Esthenia wondered.

Kagome nodded.

"Maybe your right…" she sighed.

"Uh… guys…" Pagasis stammered.

Esthenia and the others looked up at him.

"Now what?" Esthenia wondered.

Pagasis pointed over his shoulder.

"Huh?" everyone murmured as they looked.

It was Aslynn. She was walking slowly toward them all. In her hand, was a long leather leash that was attached to a large bird that was walking beside her.

The bird was tall. It stood on long legs. Its feathery plumage was green and purple. Long green feathers went down its magnificent head. Its large black eyes looked fearfully at everyone as they passed.

"The Misia bird, but…" Esthenia stammered as Aslynn and the bird walked past InuYasha, Miroku and Shippo and was approaching her and the others.

The Misia bird was a magical bird. It could fly from island to island in the Dream world. It would grant a single wish to anyone who could capture it, and that was vary difficult to do.

Aslynn stopped when she and the bird were standing next to Esthenia and Kagome, who were still kneeling beside Kovu and Mona.

Esthenia stood up. She wondered about how in the world did Aslynn capture the magical bird. The task was nearly impossible.

Aslynn held out her hand when Esthenia began to speak. She held up her finger in front of her mouth.

Esthenia then realized that a single word would frighten the bird. The others must have realized it too because no one spoke. They just stood there to see what would happen next.

Aslynn walked up to Mona and Kovu. With the bird's leash still in her hand she kneeled and put her other hand over Mona's open mouth. She smiled and nodded. She then closed her eyes.

The bird suddenly shrieked. It was loud and earsplitting.

Esthenia put her hands over her ears. The sound made her head scream.

The others did the same.

Suddenly a bright light came from the bird.

Blinded once more, Esthenia shielded her eyes. She then realized couldn't see, smell or hear anything. She just stood there, confused and full of anxiousness.

She opened her eyes. The light and sounds went away. She looked around.

Everyone was lying on the ground. She then looked down and realized that she too was lying in the grass. She and the others sat up.

"What happened?" Shippo groaned.

"I don't know…" Miroku replied.

InuYasha rubbed his head.

"Damn, I thought that sound would never stop."

"Tell me about it." Pagasis snorted. He then stood up.

Esthenia did too. She walked up and helped Kagome to her feet.

Kagome smiled and thanked her.

Esthenia nodded and looked around. Aslynn was standing right in front of her. The bird was gone.

"Aslynn?" Esthenia asked. "How… what happened? Where did the bird go?"

Aslynn turned and looked at her and smiled.

"The bird is gone." she replied. "No doubt it headed back to the portal. Back to the Dream world. To its home."

"How did you know about all of this?" Pagasis asked.

"You forget. I can see everything. Most of the time I cannot get involved. Only watch." Aslynn replied.

"You knew everything?"

"But if you cannot get involved then why did you come?" Esthenia asked.

Aslynn's smile grew wider.

"It is my duty as the grand lady to keep my mouth shut, but it is also my duty as clan beta to help those in need."

She motioned her hand toward the ground.

Everyone looked down to see Kovu still kneeling with Mona in his arms.

Esthenia gasped. She had completely forgotten about them.

Kovu had his eyes closed. No doubt, the bird's shriek was still ringing in his ears. He had his arms tightly around his daughter. Almost completely hiding her from view.

"Kovu?" Kagome gasped. Apparently she had forgot too.

Kovu's eyes suddenly opened. He raised his head. He blinked a couple times.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Good question." said Mona.

Everyone gasped.

Esthenia stared wide eyed at her.

Mona's eyes were open. She was looking up at her father in confusion.

"Daddy?"

Kovu's eyes were welling up in tears. He looked at Mona with a joyful smile. He then hugged her tight.

"Thank god your all right." he said.

They released. Kovu stood up then helped his daughter to her feet.

Everyone grew quiet.

Esthenia blinked. She could hardly believe her eyes.

A pair of large, green wings flailed out from Mona's back.

Mona turned and eyed them. She didn't speak, she didn't move. She just stood there staring at them.

"My wings…" she finally said. She then turned to Aslynn. Lost for words.

Aslynn just smiled.

Suddenly Miroku broke the silence;

"So this Digarah is gone?" he asked.

Aslynn looked at him. Then lowered her head.

"I fear that Digarah survives."

"What?" everyone exclaimed.

"But how?" asked Esthenia.

"The ruthless Naraku made a pact with him. You already know why he had come and how he transformed. But that is not all of it…" Aslynn replied.

Everyone murmured.

"He isn't dead? Naraku must have made him immortal." Esthenia growled in her head. "If that's the thing, then we could never destroy him."

"How is he not dead?" InuYasha exclaimed.

"I cannot tell you more than that." Aslynn replied. "All I can do now is give you a warning. We had better head back. We must close the portal so nothing else can happen. Digarah has already fled back to our world."

Mona clenched her fists.

"He will regret this. I will have my revenge…"

Kovu put his hand on her shoulder.

"Forget about it for now." he said.

"Forget about it?" Mona gasped. "Aren't you afraid? He is still alive. There is no telling what he might do…"

Kovu gave her a big hug.

"All I worry about right now is you. You had almost lost your life to him. I too seek revenge, but for now, lets just be glad that we're all right."

For once in his life, Kovu was serious and Mona knew it.

"Lets go home." Mona smiled as she and Kovu parted.

Meanwhile, Miroku inched up to Aslynn.

"So, what's your motive?" he asked.

"Huh?" Aslynn gasped.

Mona walked up next to Esthenia, Pagasis and Kagome.

"This oughta be good." Pagasis grinned.

"So tell me…" said Miroku. "How old are you? Do you have a human sister, mother?"

"Humph"

Aslynn slapped him silly.

"I take that as a no…" Miroku groaned while rubbing his cheek.

Aslynn turned and almost walked into InuYasha. She looked up at him in confusion.

He took her hand.

"You don't know how much that meant to me…" he said.

Aslynn's eyes grew big. She was blushing furiously.

"All right!!"

Kagome had disappeared from Esthenia's side and had placed herself in between InuYasha and Aslynn. She looked pretty cross.

InuYasha let go of Aslynn's hand and looked down at her.

"Uhhh Kagome…" he stammered.

"Don't sound surprised. I see what your doing. You cant fool me…" Kagome yelled, and she went on.

Poor InuYasha probably felt only an inch tall.

Aslynn stood next to Kovu.

"I couldn't thank you enough Aslynn." said Kovu. "You saved my daughter's life."

Aslynn lightly punched his shoulder.

"You silly thing. Stop being serious!"

Kovu's eyes nearly popped out.

"Uh… okay."

"Look at them." said Mona inside her head. She was watching Kagome and InuYasha. "They look like a couple. No doubt they will be."

"Wow Mona." said Esthenia.

Mona took her eyes off the two and watched Esthenia lightly touch her wing.

"These things are huge. Maybe you can fly now!" Esthenia exclaimed.

Mona nodded.

"I know. I can't wait to try them out!" she grinned.

Miroku sighed and stood next to Kagome and InuYasha whom were still fighting.

"Okay you two. Break it up. Your affairs are an embarrassment to us all." he said.

InuYasha glared at him.

"Affairs? Why I oughta…"

"Calm down my good man. There are ladies about and you should behave." said Miroku.

"Why would I care?" InuYasha growled. He was furiously blushing now.

"I don't know what could be worse." said Esthenia. "Dogs or horses."

Pagasis' ear twitched.

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing…" Esthenia said lazily. "I don't just mean dogs and horses. My point it that all men are pretty weird."

"Hay!" said Shippo. He was at Esthenia's feet. "You don't mean foxes too? Do you?"

Esthenia smiled down at him.

"If you consider yourself as a man." she said.

"Of course I do!" said Shippo. He puffed up his chest.

Esthenia and Pagasis laughed.

Mona sighed. She knew that even if their mission was over but the journey had just begun.

Her grandfather wasn't dead. Her wish of killing him herself was still able to come true. One of her biggest wishes had been granted. She could fly. Her small, useless wings were gone and new strong, large ones had emerged. She would miss her old wings. They had scars and tears from the very first battles in her line of work. She would never forget the old times, but she focused more on the future. She would become the new Alpha of the Omogoa tribe. This fact made her nervous and made her worry more, but her worst vision was the thought of saying goodbye to InuYasha for the last time. She had only known him for two days, but they had gone through so much together. She knew that she would never forget him, just like the other good times she had in the past.

Suddenly the smell of Kovu, Mona, Aslynn, Esthenia and Pagasis came back to my nose. They had returned to the dream world. Pagasis closed the portal. It would never be used again.

"Good bye InuYasha." Mona whispered. The good byes were as hard as she imagined. She softly cried to herself.

At that Moment I didn't really care. I was standing on my beach staring down at Digarah.

He had suddenly appeared on my beach. He appeared to be unconscious. This fact disappointed me. He was unable to fight me. We Feilodrakes love to fight. I hate demons, especially Dragonwolf demons, and this one just happened to be the first one on my hit list. I waited a moment. Staring at him with sheer revolt.

I then lost my patience. With a swift kick I sent him skipping across the water. I chuckled to myself. Then I turned to the island of Esthenia. I was curious about what was going on. So I took flight and soon learned the story of Mona's journey.