InuYasha Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Cold As Ice ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“You didn’t have to escort me.” The voice, nothing more than a whisper of sound, immediately tore at her concentration and caused eyes to flicker towards the speaker.

The speaker was attractive. Golden blonde hair that fell in loose tangles, ebony black clothing that hugged the other’s frame almost as if the clothing was a second skin. “I was told you needed a babysitter.”

That was the truth. Females within the organization were treated with a varying detail of respect and awe, and something akin to the tolerance that would be given to an entertaining toy that one didn’t want to break. That is before the ‘owner’ didn’t happen to get bored. She had heard enough of the women, really nothing more than peahens assured of themselves only as long as they happened to keep the attention of their men… or for some of those women who were actually married shot out children like broodmares, complain of what happened to their unfortunate companions. It was for that reason she herself had long since resigned herself not to be one of those ‘females’… though she could easily be mistaken by some as been a ‘woman’ kept for mere entertainment... and sex.

Standing at merely 5’6’’ and weighing a mere 112 lbs, all of which was muscle and bone for whatever fat she had possessed during her youth had vanished into sturdy muscle with the years since, she stood out amongst the average women for her exotic sort of looks. She had origins from the orient, as attested to by the fact that her eyes possessed a slight ovular slant, and if anything else that only served in amplifying the distinctive azure blue… a deep sapphire streaked around the pupils by shards of a brilliant cyan blue… coloration of her eyes. Add to this skin that didn’t burn underneath the sun but rather gained a light tan, and thick tangles of ebony rich hair that seemed to absorb every shard of light that struck the waist-length mane and she caught the eyes of everyone she passed.

That she wasn’t a stable girl had been made obvious in one of the first years she had been associated with the syndicate. Even now almost five years later she could remember the squeal as the man whom had sought her ‘affections’ had found himself lacking a vital body part… sure it had been extensive but it had worked effectively in getting the message ago.

Lips pursing she leaned against the hood of the ebony black car, the convertible smooth and sleek underneath her fingertips. She loved the little car, it was a nifty little thing that had seen to taking here, there, and proverbially everywhere and when everything was said and done she would… really hate to have to sell it. But it was as much insurance as she supposed she could considered in something akin to ‘severance’ pay. The money she got from the car would most likely get rid of the tattoo which was engraved into the back of her right hand, depicting a crimson serpentine creature that was wound around itself in a vague circular fashion and encircled by a full circle itself.

It was something of a brand she supposed.

It wasn’t like she had willingly allowed for the tattoo to be engraved into the back of her right hand… she had merely awoken one day and literally found herself with the tattoo which she had carried throughout close to five years now. It marked her as belonging to the syndicate. She was not foolish enough to think anything else for the brief conversation she had been capable of weaselling out of other members to the organization the tattoo marked property… and disguised the scarring which was left behind from the nano-machine sized tracker underneath her skin. When the man had explained that particular thing to him she’d been so sorely tempted… childishly sure but it would have certainly made her feel better… to pull out his fluffy unusually darkly tinged hair.

But it only confirmed what she had come to understand in the last five years and that she was somewhere else entirely… from the last clear memory she could remember before she had awoken in this world. All she could remember of that ‘past’  was that she had been nothing more than a girl watching what seemed to be something of a horror movie been enacted in front of her. Of demons and humans fighting amongst themselves seeking to gain possession of what had been in her hands. A something that had been almost the size of a marble and which had begun as a dulled rosy pink coloration which had brightened and brightened, becoming more intensively pale until it was a blinding white that enveloped her entire vision.

She hadn’t died… she was still breathing. But how she ended up here was beyond her.

The only thing she could thank was that her brother, not through blood by adoptive brother, had taken care of getting her the proper training as a means of fighting for herself… if she was ever to find herself on her own than she would be capable of defending herself. It was through such a means that she had been capable of surviving this far in this new world… far in the future than what vague memories happened to be telling her… where others would have crumbled and died. But in the same way her natural born skills, amplified from those years of training underneath her adoptive brother’s strict gaze, had meant that she had had the misfortune of attracting the syndicate’s attention.

The only good thing was that in been associated with the syndicate, even been ‘owned’ by them, she had protection. Two came to mind easily… and it was for that reason she was acting as ‘escort’ to this other troublesome woman.

“Kagome,” the voice tore at her concentration and she turned away from the setting sun to consider the other woman, noticing how the female struggled on how to word this, “we never got along you and I.”

Swallowing down to urge to respond that no they never had. She was a fighter while this other female with her fantasies was nothing more than a pretty but cheap accessory. But there was another reason why she didn’t like the other… not as readily manipulated as her male counterparts in the association, possessing the ‘female’ mindset and thus understanding how such concepts could be appealing… though she would rather not think of that. Without the abilities to defend herself, or the knowledge that came in been more than a mere pawn for entertainment, the blonde haired woman was outside of the ring and as such as vulnerable as any regular ‘civilian’ to the syndicate’s bloodthirsty antics truth be done and told.

The woman ‘slept’ with those that had power to ensure her own survival.

Was she annoyed with this behaviour? Yes. She had never had to rely on anyone since she had come here… or at least not in this particular fashion as the other slightly older woman happened to so wantonly to display. She relied on others for ‘guarding her back’ in fighting and that was what. What authority she happened to possess in the syndicate… and it was more than a mere ‘soldier’ for she was more skilled and more dangerous than the hundreds of foot soldiers… had been gleaned through her own antics rather than to whom she opened her legs to.

As for her fighting abilities well… There was a scar underneath the right side of her ribs, she couldn’t remember entirely if the scarring itself came from this time or the ‘old’ time, that encircled the front of her ribs and continued backwards to graze against her spinal cord. What made it was something entirely beyond her guesses. There were a set of deeper grooves to the scarring itself, marked by darker scar tissue, that vaguely looked as if some sort of monstrously oversized creature had sunk its teeth into her flesh and torn away. That was the worst wound. She had a number of scars… smaller things which weren’t necessarily as ticklish as that massive scar itself to the feathery soft touch of others.

Shaking her head, pushing that particular memory aside for now, azure eyes slid shut. “No, we haven’t been friends.”

But if the other happened to take the snip to her words, the muffled hint of annoyance, it didn’t show as the other woman’s voice reached her ears. “Can you do something for me anyways?”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kagome – Kagome Higurashi
-.- she doesn’t remember how she ended up in this world however the hint is that at the end of the battle against Naraku something happened to the Shikon no Tama which transported her to this realm. In this manner Kagome herself doesn’t remember her past expect in vague flashbacks… and has only a ‘memory’ of her present time in this world – five years. She is not a ‘stable’ girl [hooker/prostitute] and is instead a fighter within the syndicate… however as indicated she is ‘owned’ by the organization or at least was before the scene above as she is planning to sell her black convertible to get rid of the Red Dragon Tattoo on the back of her right hand and also the tracking device underneath her skin.

Woman with Kagome – blonde hair and dark clothes, guess

Converting /tmp/phpPAhoKn to /dev/stdout