InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror Mirror ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
If I owned him would I write fan factions?

Chapter 1

The first rays of the morning light streamed into the unattractive white room. Laying in the plain white bed was a raven haired beauty, her hair was fanned out around her ,her face was an exact contrast to her hair. Beads of sweat rolled down her face, dripping on the pillow. With a slight gasp she sat up. Chocolate brown eyes wide in what looked like fear. Her hair jerked with her sudden movement. Her chest moved up and down. It didn’t take long for her to get her breathing under control.

She slowly turned her head to the only thing in the room that wasn’t the bland white. And they were the bright red numbers of her white alarm clock. The numbers flashed 6:34 am. She put her head down only to have the annoying beep of her alarm clock to go off. For a minuet she wondered why she had set the alarm for it was a Saturday… ‘ oh that’s right my oh so loving mother is finally taking me home…’

In fact she had been allowed to go home for what… the past three months… But her mother said that as of right now her life was to hectic and she didn’t have the time to come and get Kagome.

Throwing her feet over her bed she walked to the bath room that was also white. In fact everything was white. Well all but the clothes she had. Slipping out of her pajamas which consisted of a dark purple tank top and black plaid baggy sweatpants. She turned the knobs of the shower and adjusting them for a few minutes she slipped into the lukewarm shower she quickly washed her body. Then began massaging the two in one shampoo and conditioner that had the pleasant sent of juicy green apple. Stepping out of the shower she wrapped the towel around her body and another one around her hair. Stepping into her room she went to her end table where the night before she had left the clothes that she would be wearing for that day.

She slipped out of the towel and put on her undergarments. Then she put on the sun dress that she had picked out. It was black and all over it there were cherries and it ended an inch above her knees. Sitting on her bed she got her sandals. Putting them on she took the black straps and began wrapping them around her leg tying them when they reached her knees. She ran a brush through her hair it only got snagged a few times but those few times were enough to make her wince in pain. She threw her hair into a high pony tail that broke off into many braids that were each held there by either a black or red ribbon.

In her past three years at sea side heights Kagome had changed a lot. She hadn’t changed much in attitude but more in looks. She was short in fact the 17 year old girl had just reached five feet five inches this year (I myself am in 9th grade and just reached 5 feet) . She was perfect, the hourglass shaped body, the creamy milk like skin. Her waist long silky-smooth raven tress, and one of her most captivating feature, her eyes. They were a warm chocolate brown they portrayed her personality perfectly. Generous, compassionate, kindhearted. Along with those charming qualities were others to contrast them. Rage odium. Though those emotions were saved for those she loathed, which weren’t many. Even her ‘darling’ sister didn’t get the ‘privilege’ to see those emotions. Oh and there was one more thing that had changed, and that was her strength, her physical and miko powers.

Her whole line of family was made up from monks and mikos. Well at least from her fathers side. On her mother side she had a senile old grandfather who thought that he had the powers of a priest. And perhaps at one point the had been. But it didn’t matter now he showed no signs of any sort of purity energy. Miroku on the other hand did have the powers of a priest. And he was quite skilled. She could tell that there where a few demons running around but not many. And most showed no sign of hostility. Well there was-

She was aroused out of her thoughts when she heard a knock on the door. With out waiting for a reply the person entered. It was Kate. As she popped her head in room her hair fell in front of her face. “hey hun your moms her” Kagome nodded and stood up. She placed her discarded cloths in her suit case and picked it up following Kate throw the twisted halls.

They entered the lobby which was disserted with the exception of Kate, the security guard, herself, and her mother. Her short hair was pulled in to a low pony tail at the base of her neck. “ hello Kagome I apologize for-”

Kagome cut her off with a quote that she had read in a book “ It takes a great deal of character strength to apologize quickly out of ones heart rather than out of pity. A person must pose themselves and have a great sense of security in fundamental principles and values in order to genuinely apologize. And mother I need no pity from you.” she spat knowing that the apology was not from her heart. Turning to Kate she put a sad smile on her face. “ I’ll miss you and I will be sure to call you.” she said whist hugging her.

“ditto” Kate said returning the hug. Turning to her mother Kagome’s smile faded.

“shall we go?” her voice cold and angry. Even to her own ears. But she made no attempt to apologize. Her mother gave a quick nod of her head and lead Kagome out to the car. The whole way home there was an award silence between the two. Well awkward for Ms. Higerashi but not Kagome. In fact she was quite pleased to have time to be able to think with out having to tune out the bothersome ramblings about Kikyou from her mother.

End