InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Enemies Team Up ❯ A Strange Meeting ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: So sorry it took sooo long. I could make excuses but I'm not going to. So here it is, they finally meet, I hope you like and understand it so far! If you're reading please please review. It only takes a few seconds, it's not like you have to register for a bunch of stuff, just click the little button on the bottom, it really really helps me out!
 
Disclaimer: I wish I owned Dragon Knights and InuYasha, but unfortunately, I don't…
 
InuYasha ears perked in his sleep, there was someone coming, and not just one, it was a group of them, a small group. Sitting up to sniff the air he counted and identified the odors. There were four of them, three males and a female, three of them were not normal humans, he could sense that, one had a mystical glow similar to the one that surrounded the trees, the other had the smell of a demon, not a normal demon, something different, something strange, the female had the smell of a normal human but he could sense a mystical glow around her like he felt from Kagome and Kaede, the glow of a priestess, and the last was a normal human through and through, even all four of them together would make an easy battle for him.
InuYasha stood without waking the others, slowly and carefully waking forward, sure he was going to get away with it he was stopped by a familiar voice, “Did you really think you could get up and walk away that easily. Where do you think you're going?” Miroku voice was easily distinguished as the one who had stopped him; Sango had sat up as well after hearing his foot steps.
“I'm going wherever the heck I feel like! Are you gonna try and stop me?” InuYasha snapped back at him quickly waking up the others of the group. Kagome rubbing her eyes with a yawn beginning to ask what was going on but Shippo had interrupted her in asking a flurry of his own questions. Kirara just sat silently on her hunches ready to be called for at any time. “What is your problem?! Can't I go for a walk without being interrogated?”
Kagome answered him with a yawn, “Most people can, but you're not most people are you. So what's going on again?”
Miroku answered rather than InuYasha this time, “I think InuYasha has sensed the same ora I am. How about you Sango?”
“There is definitely something coming this way, though I can't be sure what.”
“Well if you would let me talk,” InuYasha began in his usual annoyed attitude, “I could tell you exactly who they are and that they're already probably in hearing distance because you made me waste all the time I had to take them down sooner. So I suggest you all keep quiet will I go and hunt them down.”
“InuYasha wait,” He was being rash again, Kagome thought to herself as she spoke, I hate it when he gets like this, “How do you even know they're our enemies. I say we take a good look at them before going on some crazy rampage.”
“Hey, I'm just trying to help! But if you don't want it then you can take care of them yourself!”
Miroku began speaking at a whisper, “Was it not you InuYasha who just told us to silent our voices. There truly was no need to yell, now they have obviously heard you for they have stopped.”
“So let's go and find them.” Kagome decided for the rest of the group. Looking particularly at InuYasha she added, “All of us.”
Grumbling the entire time InuYasha followed Kagome and Sango, who lead the group, into the unknown woods. Kagome calling out all the time, “Hello, is there anybody there?” and Sango with her hand resting on her boomerang, ready for any sort of attack. Miroku not far behind making observations of the plants and specimen around him, Kirara and Shippo at his feet.
The group of six, not sure what to expect, where just about as surprised as they had ever been when, out of complete silence, a strange young boy, black hair with a white splash in the front, foreign clothes, and a thick obviously powerful sword thrust out in front of him appeared. Apparently InuYasha had taken the boy as a threat from the beginning, but a threat not worth the use of his valuable Tetsusaiga, only his sharp claws would be needed to take this one down.
The boy didn't take much time to laugh at the demon's underestimation of him before raising his sword into the air with a seemingly pleasurable cry of, “Die you disgusting Yokai!” InuYasha quickly dodged the blow made by his young foe and took a scratch at him. It was then he realized that he had underestimated his new rival, for the sword who's blow had missed him before had now hit a new target slicing through the bottom of InuYasha's lower arm. This attack had pulled InuYasha away from the boy in more surprise than pain as he blew hair out of his face in order to make the attacks impact seem lessened to those who were watching. Getting bored of the boy and not wanting anymore embarrassing scratches InuYasha drew his Tetsusaiga with an obvious taunting grin on his face. But the boy did not back down in fear, instead he readied his stance and spoke once more with a snide remark, “This may finally get interesting.”
But before the battle could start InuYasha was thrown to the ground by the power of something he new he could not control, for Kagome had had enough of his rash actions and had made sure to imply a firm, “Sit boy!” to the pointless battle.
Seeing such a tough looking demon brought to the ground by a mere little girl brought a giggle to the lips of another boy who had spent his time during the battle hiding in the bushes.
“Who's there?!” Sango had demanded, getting her weapon ready. Another young boy stepped out into the view of InuYasha and the others, a scare lining his cheek and clothes the same as the other boys. This boy walked out with his hands over his head in a playful style as if he considered this all one big game laughing all the way.
The first boy still had his sword out and was now rolling his eyes at his companion. ”Can't you act serious just once, I almost slayed that demon, and it would have been easy if you didn't make so much noise.” He focused his attention back towards the bushes while his companion began making faces at him, “You guys can come out now you know, there's no one here I can't handle.”
Two more people walked out from behind the bushes, one last boy, whose long hair and sparkling eyes almost gave him the allusion of a girl, he walked out more passively than the others had, careful to keep an eye on all those he did not trust, which strangely included the boy with the black hair and sword. The other that had walked out from behind the bushes did so much more confidently, as if she hadn't a fear in the world, though all of them could sense her slight discomfort, what was much more obvious was her mystical glow.
The boy with the sharp ears and girlish features was the first to speak, and he spoke almost directly to Kagome, “My name is Rune, this is Thatz,” he pointed to the boy who had laughed out loud when InuYasha had fallen who had now gotten a heavy glare from that very same half-demon. “this is Cesia,” he pointed to the girl who now stood confidently a small distance away from the rest of her group. “and the rather violent one is Rath,” and pointed to the boy who's sword was still drawn and ready, “I must apologize for their behavior, most of them are abnormally rash.”
“You want abnormal! I'll give you abnormal you freak!” The one called Rath was nearly on top of the speaker before Kagome began to speak in hopes of stopping the brutal attack.
“Hi, well my names Kagome and this is Sango,” and so she went on to introduce the rest of the group as they all slowly made their way back to where the camp was set up. Sitting around the fire a number of memorable things began to happen. InuYasha and Rath began to get into constant fights, yelling at each other brutally, declaring the other was the evil demon who should be slain, and comparing who was the better fighter, but of course when they got to the point the argument would have to be settled by fighting Kagome and Cesia would be forced to step in and take action. During one of these moments Miroku had approached Cesia his eyes gazing into hers in a romantic way saying to her, “You have such admiring control over such a brutal beast,” these words made Rath regret not having the chance to slice the man in half right then and there, “would you consider baring me a son.” Cesia nearly lost her balance after this, had this man just asked her to bare him a son, picking up the nearest rock she swung it at his face knocking him to the ground and walked away head in the air. She hadn't seen Rath's reaction to this though, for he had begun to turn bright red and a sense of anger and protection entered his face and voice. Kagome and Sango simply sighed at the monk's routine priorities and had begun talking to Rune about there arrival as they had been doing before. And as all this had been occurring Thatz and been taking silent steps across the forest floor to venture in each of the new acquaintance's bags or pockets finding as many valuables as he could and putting them into his own pockets with a long ago mastered skill.
But as the two groups merged and began to relate, two sets of eyes unknowingly watched them carefully, observing every movement of those they had not yet known. The eyes of Naraku closed in on them, focusing on how much strength it would take to bring each of the Dragon Knights down if it came to that. As well as the eyes of Nadil, who cared little about InuYasha and the others, but did worry about the difficulties of getting to the Dragon Knights now that they were in such a large company. Both sets of eyes pondered and observed, and both sets of eyes began to plan the revenge they would have to take on their victims for putting them through all of this trouble. What kind of punishments they could create.
 
A/N: Wow. This one's a lot longer than the others, I hope it wasn't to long. What do you think, is the meeting what you expected or not? I'll have a lot more interactions with the two groups later, I'm going to have some fun with these characters. So remember, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated, all you have to do is click that little button, just one little click, come on, please!