InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Alternates ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4

Kairi looked around at the suroundings she was in and blinked.

{ Where am I?, Where did Destiny Island go?.} Kairi thought suddenly wanting to go home to her friends and to Sora.

" Sora, where are you?" Kairi called out into the distance of the forest.

________________________________________________________________ __________________

Kagome walked along the stream outside Kaede's village and kept thinking why she came back in the first place.

{ To see my friends that's why.} she thought happily{ and not Inuyasha.}

She hummed happily and walked into the village and walked into Keade's hut.

" I'm baaaacckkk!" Kagome said excitedly as she walked in the hut.

" Kagome!" Shippo exclaimed and jumped into her arms," You're back!"

" It's good to see you back, Kagome.'' Sango's voice came from the corner.

" Sango-chan!" Kagome exclaimed.

She moved forward and hugged Sango tightly.

" Kagome-sama!" Miroku said.

At that moment, Inuyasha ran in and warned them.

" I smell a youkai and its heading this way."

________________________________________________________________ __________________

Kairi walked through the forest still confused as to where she was, when a very tall shadow loomed over her. She slowly turned around to see a man with silver hair, pointed ears, two red stripes on his cheeks,and a cresent moon on his forehead. She backed away quickly and thudded into a tree. Just as he stepped forward , a young woman came into the clearing and adressed the man.

" Sesshomaru-Sama, why did you leave me behind." she said as she walked up beside him.

Kairi looked at her and was really confused. She had black hair, brown eyes, and a brightly colored kimono on. One side of her hair was put in ponytail and the rest was pulled down.

Kairi looked at the two of them and tried to find a way around the tree. The man called Sesshomaru sniffed the air and stepped closer to her. His eyes narrowed and he motioned to the girl to go to her.

" Don't be afraid, Sesshomaru-Sama will take you to his half-brother and Kaggy-Neechan'll help you."she reassured her.

Kairi nodded and looked at the man and walked slowly beside him. He looked at her and frowned at the sky.

" How hurt are you, girl?" He asked her his voice full of seriousness.

" I don't know, it hurts though." she answered while looking at her arm.

" What's your name?" The girl asked her.

" Kairi."

" I'm Rin."

"And this is Sesshomaru-Sama."

Rin looked at Kairi's wound and spoke to her again.

" Sesshomaru -Sama is a Dog Demon but, he's really nice when he wants to be." She said smiling at her lord.

Kairi then noticed that Sesshomaru had claws. Claws! Claws that shred her to pieces if she got to annoying.

Inuyasha pulled Tessaiga from its sheath and it transformed quickly.

"Kagome, are there any jewel shards?" He asked while scanning the area they had stopped in.

"No."

He looked back at her with worry in his eyes. Worry that quickly turned to anger.

He sniffed the air again and picked up the same youkai scent.

"It's just Sesshomaru, he's got another human with him." He told them and sniffed the air again," A hurt human."

At that time, Sesshomaru came into the camp with Rin and another young woman beside Rin.

She had really dark red hair amd blue eyes. She wore a pink skirt that was about as short as Kagome's. Her shirt was purple and cut off at the breast line.

"Konnichiwa, everybody!" Rin said happily, " this is my friend Kairi."

"Where in the seven hells did she come from?!"

Kagome turned to him angryly and said the one word he was afraid of.

"OSUWARI!"

Once again he got thouroughly accquainted with the ground.

Miroku looked at the strange girl with intrest.

" Houshi-Sama, I know what you're thinking ," Sango said behind him," Don't you even lay one finger on her or say one word to her, if you do I'll have the great honor of beating your brains out."

" I wasn't thinking of it." He said uneasily.

________________________________________________________________ _________________

"So you have no idea where she is." Riku said.

"None at all." Sora replied back to him.

*** flashback***

Kairi lie motonless on the couch as Riku stood over her.

"I'll find a way, Kairi, I promise." He said quietly.

His eyes were gentle toward her and he stooped down and kissed her cheek.

*** end flashback***

Riku thought of the situation and decided to go after her.

"Sora, we're gonna find her no matter what we have to do." He said determinedly.

" I have to go tell Mia what's going on, she likes to be updated." Riku said finally after a long silence.

Mia layed on her hotel bed and sighed heavily. She stared up at the white ceiling.

She got so bored she drifted into sleep.

Riku came into the door and looked at the motionless girl on the bed. He shook his head and sighed heavily.

Riku's gloved hand carressed Mia's pale, silky skin on her cheeks.

(How can she sleep so peacefully) he thought(Her past is as bad as my own.)

"I haven't slept like that in three years." He said aloud.

"Mmmmm.........Riku, is that you?" Mia mumbled.

His gaze shifted to Mia and he smiled.

"I'm going with Sora to find Kairi, would you like to come?" He asked her quietly.

"Yes, but you have to wait for me to get ready." She answered him.

He nodded and went outside to Sora.

Mia stared at the door as it closed behind Riku. She sighed , grabbed her sword, and opened the door and walked out it.

Riku stood in the middle of the square, he shifted his gaze from the sea to Mia. She walked down the path gracefully, her coat billowing away from her ankles. Her face had a serious expression on it.

He smiled and turned her way.

Aeris, Cloud, Leon(Squall), Yuffie, Sephiroth, and Rinoa were going as well. For Rinoa, it was her duty to see her fellow princess home. She knew that Squall would protect her.

" I knew you would come." Riku said, while raising his hand and carressing her cheek lightly.

" I had to make sure you didn't get yourself into trouble." She said touching his hand.

Just as he bent his head down and slipped his hand behind her neck, Sora came up and tapped his shoulder lightly. He straightened and turned to Sora, looking at him levelly.