InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Birds of Paradise ❯ As I Lay Me Down to Sleep ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
BIRDS OF PARADISE

By : shinimegami05 a.k.a. azn-otaku

Crossover : InuYasha and Harry Potter

##-------##



A/N : Hey guys, this is shinimegami05...trying out a HP/IY crossover! I know it's been done before, but I have yet to find one that satisfies me. So here I am, giving it a go.

I think this summary won't do this fic any good. Why? Because I like to make my stories complicated. That, and the fact that I feel summaries don't do the tone of fics any justice. My guess is that Birds of Paradise will be darker than most of my other fanfiction, and I honestly don't know why that is. The personality that I give Kagome is far more complex than I think a lot of authors give her credit for. She had to have some wisdom, dealing with InuYasha and Kikyou and everyone else in a completely different world than one she is used to, right?

So...yeah. I don't know what I'm saying. I won't worry anyone by saying this is my first fic ever, this is my first HP fic ever, this is my first IY fic ever...or anything like that. It's not. But please tell me if I happen to be doing something that seems OOC for any of the characters (well, OOC for the characters in the settings I've placed them in). Bear in mind that changes will have occurred for any of the characters, both HP and IY, in here as time has passed in Kagome's world as well as in Harry's. But if my characterization doesn't make sense, or doesn't seem to flow with what has happened with a particular character, don't hesitate to review and write down what you think.

That said, here's Birds of Paradise . I hope you enjoy.



P.S. : If my prologue confuses you in any way, don't worry. I think I like to make my prologues mysterious and short...they're a little like mini-teasers in my mind. All will be explained in due time, because I'm not adding secrets without knowing what the secret is. I plan my storylines better than that!

##-------##

Dialogue ......

Thoughts [.......]

Flashback/Memory mode in italics .

Dialogue in Flashbacks/Memories <<.......>>

##-------##

Prologue: As I Lay Me Down to Sleep

##-------##

I had stopped dreaming a long, long time ago. Both literally, and figuratively.

But most especially, after the hysteria began.

##-------##

It was one of those dreams when you knew you were asleep, but it also felt like you were awake. My ceiling was the plain white plaster it had always been, moving shadows drifting through the moonlight from my glass window. The cheery curtains didn't sway as they had in previous years; I had stopped leaving the window open after the smells of the night brought too many memories for me to bear. It was one of those times where in my dream; I was struggling to ignore the familiar voices that called out to me.

[[Kagome-sama, would you like a backrub?]]

[[Kagome, make InuYasha stop hitting me!]]

And as I tried to erase my past in my subconscious, I felt a prickling up my spine and a flash of eyes. Cold, grey eyes with a hint of malice.

Suddenly I wasn't in my room anymore. I wasn't even in my own city. I had been thrown into blackness with the sound of HIS voice whispering in my ear.

[[Miko...I will have my revenge.]
]

Naraku.

But it couldn't have been him...he was dead.

[[Miko...I will have my revenge.]]

My sense overflooded with the power of ancient magic, the kind I had been thrown into back in the Sengoku Jidai. Old, old magic that felt oddly familiar. Like the time when Kikyou had been reincarnated. I could never forget that feeling of old life beginning anew.

Naraku.

No...no...

##-------##

<<IIE!!>>

<< IIEI IEIIEIIEIIEIIEIIEIIEIIEIIEIIE-->>

<< Kagome! >>

<< Neechan! >>

By that time, I had realized that the horrific shrieking was coming from my mouth. My lips were dry, my chest was heaving. I felt an overwhelming sense of fear that night.

##-------##

I was stupid enough to fall asleep the next night, only to have it happen again. Again, and again.

[It could only be a nightmare.]

He WAS dead. I_saw_him. A powerful aura such as his would have been felt by me if he was here.

[I can't-]

##-------##

<< Kagome-chan? >>

<< Why won't you talk to us anymore?! >>

<< W e're you're friends, aren't we? >>

<< Are you sick ? >>

<< Do you have a fever? >>

<< Why are you so pale? >>

<< Where have you been? >>

<< Hojou-k un told us the other day that -->>

<< Matte! >>

<< Where are you going?! >>

<< Don't you care Kagome-chan?! >>

<< Don't you care?! >>

##-------##

[I can't - I can't close my eyes.]

I lost all my friends.

I thought I was made of stronger stuff.

I never predicted this would happen.

The hysteria began. I wasn't the same anymore.

[[Miko...I will have my revenge.]]

I think he already took his revenge. He made me a monster, didn't he?

##-------##

A/N : So...whatcha think ?

There are a bunch of fragmented segments in here, aren't there? It's not supposed to flow continuously, my point in the prologue was to try and get Kagome's mental wavelengths across. In her memory, these little sections all run together because they all create a sense of sadness and despair in her mind.

So bottom line...it's not supposed to make complete sense. Other than the basic facts that Kagome has dreams, and has tendencies towards depression...I'm not sure how much else you readers will get out of this.

Oh yeah...I'm sorry that there's no Harry Potter in here, there will be in the next chapter. This is just to set up the story and the protagonist.

But besides that...whatcha think?

Please review, even though you don't have to. It'd be nice.

##-------##

Japanese Dictionary

-Sama : Suffix used for a level of respect. It's a higher level than -san, anyways.

Miko : Priestess. Well, more like a shrine maiden. But in most InuYasha fiction the term miko is used for priestess. Which is weird because mikos are technically celibate. And InuYasha fanfiction mikos are clearly not. Hmm.

Sengoku Jidai : Japanese Feudal Era

Neechan : The comfortable phrase for older sister

Iie : No

-Chan : Suffix used mainly for girls, but can be used for young guys as well. Used at end of names for those you're familiar with, a friend, family member, or those younger than you.

-Kun : Suffix used mainly for guys, but can be used for girls too. Used at end of names for those you're familiar with, or those younger than you. I think it's interchangeable with -chan, or at least the meaning is basically the same.

Matte : Wait

##-------##