InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Darkess Night Eternal Blight ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Though we sing a joyous prayer
Our hearts sink to the ocean depths
Even though ours is a way of laughter
Our spirits are wrapped in a dark cloud.
With an index finger on our forehead
And when the moon is in the noon sky
We shall pray
Lighting bolts flash from the open sky unto the sea
Bringing a reply
Darkness has come and the rise of the Serpent King
Is emanate for his arrival shall bring on the
Darkness Night and, an Eternal Blight on this world.
“Um Kagome what that from?”
Asked a confused Inuyasha
“Oh this”
Kagome now pointing at her mythology book”
This a verse from the ancient Japanese use to say back 3000 years ago”
“Hmm well that's interesting”
Inuyasha said in smart-ass sarcastic tone of voice
“Well Inuyasha since you asked I'm going to tell about the legend of the Dark Continent”
Kagome now opening her text book on the legend of the Serpent King and Nagatar began telling the story of the Great Wars of the Sea. Intrigued Inuyasha just sat there quietly listening to this very interesting legend. While in the background Sango Miroku were discussing if they ever heard the Nagatar or its inhabitants.
“Naga what?
Said Sango in a confused voice
“I think she said Nagatar”
Replied Miroku
“Nagatar? What's that?”
“I think she may be referring to the ancient city of Mu”
“You mean the civilization that sank to the bottom of the ocean”
“Precisely they say it was guarded by an Atragon (an Atlantean Dragon)”
“Haven't heard of those type of dragons before”
“They say that their power was unmatched and that they served a powerful god.”
In expectantly Kagome comes up to Miroku and Sango, and starts to talk to them about the Legend of the Dark Continent.
Night has fallen and the gang continued to tell stories of the continent known as Nagatar.
“Ya legend's tell that the Atragons served a very powerful being the ancient Japanese use to call a Kagato or as we all know it as a City Buster.”
Inuyasha looked at Kagome puzzled since he has never heard of this legend before. But before he could respond Miroku interrupted.
“ Yes I to have heard of this Kagato they said he was great and terrible being of enormous size and of immense power it is also said if it weren't for the help of two great deities three powerful warriors and a massive army they would have never defeated him.”
But before Miroku to could continue Inuyasha interrupted him.
“Hah! If took that much to defeat such a big guy then they must have been whole group of weakling's.”
Kagome looked at him and said
“ I don't know Inuyasha from what I've read he was more powerful then your father, Ryukotusei and the even the Shitoushin combined!”
“Ha what a load of crap no one can be more powerful than my father or even the Shitoushin.”
“I don't know Inuyasha they said he was a being of untold power that nothing on earth could compete with.”
“Ya right”
Said Inuyasha now turned away from them and laying on his side and saying smart-ass remarks to her since he knew he was wrong.
“Oh well”
Miroku said
“Yep”
Everyone agreed with him and they were ready to fall asleep but unaware to even them a dark and terrible power is preparing to unleash itself.