InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Tsunami ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Note: Someone has expressed an interest in changing Kagome's powers to be unlike Storm's. Frankly, I thought of doing so myself, however, I find that natural powers, like that of weather and earth that I have given her, suit her best; considering she's a priestess. However, I will let the reader's choose. Read this chapter first and if you want her to have different powers, tell me in your review. List the power(s) she should have and why. I will take all into consideration before I make any changes. And will rewrite the current chapters to match the new powers. If you want me to keep it as is, please say so in your review as well. This is a vote, and everyone's opinions count!! If I don't get enough opinions I'll just leave it as is. So please let me know!
Also, to answer a query, this story will be considered an alternate to the X-Men: Evo. Apocalypse episodes coming up on the WB so that I can successfully integrate it with InuYasha.

Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Tsunami

Sango sat outside Kaede's hut, carefully polishing Hiraikotsu, her boomerang. Miroku sat opposite her in deep meditation. The afternoon sun beat down mercilessly on the earth, causing steam to rise off of the ground. Kaede came out of the hut, holding a basket full of herbs. She and Miroku had been waiting faithfully for Kagome to come back. They knew that she would return soon. Somehow they could feel it. Kaede walked out and toward a nearby hut. A poor young boy was suffering of a fever. She was on her way to hopefully cure his ails.
"Lady Sango, could I trouble you for a cup of water?" Miroku said, coming out of his meditation.
"Of course, Miroku-sama," Sango replied, handing him a cup from the bucket near her.
The water, though warm, still felt wonderfully cool as it slid down Miroku's parched throat. He couldn't ever recall a time when the temperature was so unforgiving. He had been practically forced to roll up his sleeves to his shoulders. Sango was no better off. She had been forced to shed her demon exterminator outfit and wear only her kimono with the sleeves rolled up and her hair in a very high ponytail.
"Do you think Kagome-chan will be coming back soon?" Sango asked.
"I certainly hope so. Shippo's vigils at the well have left him very exhausted, and I fear for his well being should she be gone much longer," he replied, looking in the hut where Shippo lay, half dressed, with cool cloths on his forehead and arms.
"You would think hell itself had been set loose on the earth with this heat!" Sango burst out in utter frustration.
Miroku chuckled, but had to agree. Something was setting nature off balance. He could only hope that this wasn't the work of Naraku or the mysterious force that had appeared to collect shards.
The X-Jet landed with a thump in the forest behind the Higurashi shrine. Mrs. Higurashi, Souta, and Grandpa Higurashi were waiting in the backyard for their arrival. Xavier had allowed Kagome to call ahead and explain the situation. Mrs. Higurashi ran forward and embraced her daughter when she came out of the jet. Souta also joined in the hug, while Grandpa Higurashi toddled over to give Kagome his own separate hug.
Souta was in hyper mode, asking question after question of Kagome, especially with her wearing her new uniform. If Kagome thought that his rantings about his hero InuYasha were bad, it was even worse now that he considered his sister a hero too.
Meanwhile, Grandpa Higurashi set his hard gaze upon InuYasha and walked right up to him.
"You had better be taking care of my granddaughter, demon!"
"Grandpa!" Kagome admonished, thanking God that Rogue didn't know Japanese.
"Feh! Don't worry yourself, old man! Kagome's safe with me!" InuYasha declared.
"I'm sure she is, InuYasha," Mrs. Higurashi said with a smile, "Will you all be leaving right away?"
"Hai, momma. This is very serious."
"It's all right dear. You just come back safe, okay? Take care, all of you."
Kagome nodded and led everyone to the well house. She opened up her jar of jewel shards and handed one each to Storm, Wolverine, and Rogue.
"Okay. InuYasha will go in first, then Wolverine, then Storm, and then Rogue and I," Kagome decided.
InuYasha nodded and jumped in without further words.
Logan stood on the lip of the well, gripping his shard. He sighed and let himself drop down. His eyes widened as a swirl of blue starlit magic surrounded him. Soon he found himself at the bottom of the well, sunlight pouring in above him. He climbed up the gnarly vines and found InuYasha waiting up above.
"Keh! 'Bout time, Logan! I thought you had gone chicken on me," InuYasha teased.
"Heh, I don't chicken out on anything, kid," Logan smirked.
Storm flew out of the well shortly afterward and then Rogue and Kagome came out.
"It's beautiful," Storm said in awe of the cool, crisp air and green grass.
"Wow. It is, isn't it?" Rogue said.
Back at the village, two heads shot up at the surging ki near the bone eater's well. One of the ki's was Kagome's, the other InuYasha's, and the rest were unidentified. Miroku quickly picked up his staff and urged Sango to follow. The demon exterminator ran into the hut, scrambling into her skin tight outfit before calling Kirara to take her after Miroku. Shippo also awoke with all the commotion and insisted on coming with Sango and Kirara. Kaede, meanwhile, smiled. She could tell the new ki's were not threatening and were similar to Kagome's. She had brought reinforcements.
Miroku, Sango, Kirara, and Shippo made it at the same time to the well. They were greeted by three surprised strangers, Kagome, and InuYasha. Kagome waved them over. Kirara transformed back to her kitten state and walked behind them all. Sango was the first to speak.
"Kagome-chan! You're back! But, who are these people? And what are you wearing?"
"Yes, Lady Kagome, your clothing seems similar to Lady Sango's," Miroku added.
"Sango and Miroku, I'd like you to meet Wolverine, Storm, and Rogue. They have special powers like I do. A mutant, someone like us, came here from the future to steal jewel shards. He's planning to unseal a very powerful mutant that could destroy the universe with his power. They came with me to help stop him. And what I'm wearing is a uniform, like them."
"Ah! Fair maiden! Your beauty radiates like the sun! Will you bear me a child?" Miroku said, while kneeling before Rogue, her gloved hand clasped in his.
Rogue looked at him strangely, not knowing what the heck he'd just said.
"Get your hands off the girl, bub," Logan growled in Japanese.
"Ah, forgive me. I didn't realize the maiden was spoken for," Miroku said slyly.
"Oi, Miroku, stop being a lech! Besides, Rogue doesn't speak Japanese," InuYasha said.
Kagome and Sango merely shook their heads. Sango because Miroku was up to his lecherous ways once again, and Kagome because if Rogue had known what he had said, he would have suffered a broken jaw.
"And what of this lovely, exotic beauty?" Miroku said, approaching Storm in awe, "Her skin is unlike any I've ever seen before. It's absolutely beautiful."
"I don't know what you're saying, but if you touch me, you'll regret it," Storm said.
"English?!" Miroku said in shock.
"You know English?" Kagome and InuYasha asked together.
"It was part of my training as a monk. I know several different languages. Although, English was never my strong suit, I know it well enough," he explained.
Miroku then turned back to Storm with a pleasant smile on his face.
"So, fair maiden," he began in lightly accented English, "Will you bear me a child?"
"I beg your pardon?!" Storm said in outrage, sending a small surge of electricity at him.
Miroku landed on his rear end, and rubbed it tenderly. He would have to remember to keep his hands off of Storm. She was downright dangerous. InuYasha and the rest laughed at him due to his now frizzled hair.
Elsewhere in the Sengoku Jidai, Mesmero and Chronos were approaching a den of wolves. There was a rumor that the prince of the wolves was in possession of three shards of the sacred jewel needed for Apocalypse's freedom. Chronos was a tall, well muscled man with red hair and black eyes. He was dressed in a cloak that hid his features, much like Mesmero. For now, he merely provided much needed muscle power for Mesmero until his powers recovered from the 500 year jump. The two were stopped by 5 snarling wolves that had surrounded them. Mesmero made eye contact with each of the wolves, causing them to leave, whimpering. They continued, unhindered, toward the den.
Kouga was seated in his cave, daydreaming about his betrothed, Kagome. His lovely thoughts were interrupted when one of his brothers came in to warn him of the intruders. Rumors of the stranger with powers over the mind had been spreading.
"Kouga, sir! The one they call Mesmero is on his way here! He managed to subdue the guard wolves!"
"Mesmero, huh? Well, I'm not so weak minded that he'll get me to hand over my shards! Where is he?!" Kouga commanded.
"Coming up the northern path."
"Get some men together and let's go, then! There's no time to waste!"
Naraku watched these developments, as always, from Kanna's mirror. It was quite entertaining, to say the least, to see that pathetic wolf try to resist Mesmero's mind control. Mesmero had then changed tactics, controlling the minds of Kouga's men. His own brothers had been forced to hold him down and cut out the shards of the jewel, handing them to Mesmero. Now Kouga was alone, on the cold ground, bleeding. He was cursing Mesmero to all seven hells and weakly trying to rise and make it back to his cave to heal.
Naraku chuckled at the pain evident in the proud wolf's face. His smirk quickly turned into a snarl, however. His voiced echoed throughout his palace as he called for Kagura. Said minion came within seconds of his summoning. Naraku regarded her coldly and looked pointedly at Kanna's mirror. Kagura followed his gaze and her eyes widened in surprise.
"Tell me, Kagura. How is it a mere human can do what you cannot?"
"Naraku?" she asked.
"The one called Mesmero was able to retrieve the three shards from the wolf prince..."
"He has mind control powers, Naraku! I..."
"I don't want to hear excuses!" Naraku thundered, "Your usefulness has run out, Kagura."
Kagura's eyes widened in shock, she couldn't be absorbed! She wanted to live her life free of Naraku! She wouldn't go back to being a part of him. Naraku read her panic easily.
"Or...," he began, "You can prove yourself to me. InuYasha and Kagome have returned with more humans to help them. You hold some of the shards of the jewel that we have. Use them if you must. Go to the well in InuYasha's forest and kill them all. If you can do that, I'll consider forgiving you. Otherwise, I will absorb you, Kagura," he said with an evil smile on his lovely face.
Kagura shivered and bowed her head.
"I vow it, Naraku! I will kill them all!" she said, determined to kill them or die trying.
Any death was better than joining with Naraku again.
Naraku disappeared from the room in a swirl of dark lavender miasma. Kagura stood and pulled out her feather. She flew swiftly toward the well, fear and determination driving her onward. Naraku smiled to himself. He was aware of Kagura's treacherous thoughts. If she didn't succeed then he knew the group would at least get rid of her for him. Kanna stood alone in the room, her stoic face looked into the mirror watching her sister on her kamikaze mission.
After Miroku recovered from his intimate relations with lightening, the group headed toward Kaede's village. They were halfway there when a strange wind picked up around them. Wolverine immediately looked toward Storm and Kagome. They both shook their heads before a battle cry was sounded.
"Fujin no mai!" Kagura screamed as her winds tore at the group.
InuYasha drew Tetsusaiga, Wolverine extended his claws, and the others stood in battle stances.
"Kagura," InuYasha growled.
"I've come to kill you, all of you! I won't fail," she proclaimed, jewel shards glowing from their place on her forehead.
Kagome gasped.
"InuYasha! She's got 5 jewel shards! All in her forehead!"
"Five?!" Miroku said in concern.
"You won't beat me this time!" Kagura continued confidently, "Die!!!"
Kagura let loose powerful cyclones. Sango, Rogue, and Miroku were too slow moving and were thrown quite a way back. InuYasha and Wolverine leapt away from the twisters with animalistic grace. Kagome and Storm used their powers to redirect the winds. This infuriated Kagura.
"How dare you control my wind! The wind obeys no one!" she screamed, her sanity almost gone due to the power of the shards.
Kagura's eyes glowed crimson and she screamed, the winds increasing in intensity and the cyclones in size. Storm responded by flying high into the sky, her eyes glowing silver. She strained the limits of her power, calming down the winds driven by the mad demon. Kagome followed Storm's lead and used her seismic powers to shake the ground beneath Kagura's feet and cause her to loose balance. InuYasha jumped in to attack with Tetsusaiga. Kagura unleashed several "Fujin no mai" attacks to protect herself. InuYasha leapt at her again, bringing Tetsusaiga down powerfully and cutting her shoulder.
Kagura quickly took to the skies on her feather and conjured a tornado. The large air mass quickly picked up Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kirara, InuYasha, Wolverine, and Rogue. Storm was straining to control the tornado, but she could not. She fell to the ground, exhausted. The tornado soon took her as well.
"It's just you and me, Kagome," Kagura sneered, "You can't beat me. You're nothing but a shard detector. You have no real value here! Give it up!"
"No! I don't believe that anymore!" Kagome screamed, "I'm just as strong as any of them! I won't give up to you! And I'll never forgive you! I will win!"
Kagura's insane laughter echoed, even above the roar of the tornado.
Kagome closed her eyes for the briefest of seconds, reopening them to reveal intense silver light. Her hair seemingly floated behind her, suspended by electrical currents. She extended her hand toward Kagura and a sudden thrust of powerful winds blew Kagura off her feather. She landed hard on the ground. A hard downpour of rain assaulted the earth that shook and cracked with Kagome's power. Kagome floated above the chaos. The tornado had dispersed once Kagura had been knocked off her feather and the others watched in awe, cradling their wounds and calming their dizzy heads.
Bolts of lightening and chunks of large hail targeted Kagura mercilessly. The wind user tried to use her power to protect herself, but it was no use. Kagome's vengeance was too powerful. A large crack in the earth caused Kagura to fall, her leg trapped in the earth. Kagome gracefully floated down toward Kagura.
"What are you?" Kagura whispered, "Who are you?! You aren't the Kagome I saw before."
"That Kagome is gone. I am Deluge," Kagome said as she set foot before Kagura.
Kagome's eyes suddenly burned with purple energy. She lay her hands upon Kagura's shoulders and Kagura screamed in agony. A flash of intense pink light blinded everyone. When the light dimmed, the atmosphere was calm and clear. Kagome stood before a very alive Kagura, who was looking at her hands in awe.
A single tear slid down from her now hazel eyes to her porcelain cheek and she bowed low at Kagome's feet.
"Arigatou, Kagome-sama! You've set me free of Naraku!" she whispered in glee, handing Kagome her 5 shards.
Kagome smiled, taking the shards, and walked toward her friends. She didn't know how, but her priestess powers had become unlocked in that instant and she had purified Kagura. She had made her a human woman.
"Kagome-sama," Miroku began, "Your power!"
"It's amazing!" Sango continued.
"Kagome, you're scary when you're mad!" Shippo said, shivering.
"Good job, kid."
"Wow, Kagome, you must be more powerful than Storm!"
"Well done, Deluge. You have surpassed me."
Kagome smiled at the praised and turned to the last person. The one who's opinion mattered most to her, though she'd never tell anyone. InuYasha walked toward her and laid his hands on her shoulders. His golden eyes looked deeply into her blue eyes and he smiled.
"Let's go to the village. I'm sure Kaede is worried," he said.
"Indeed I was worried," Kaede spoke.
Everyone turned to see the aged priestess. She smiled at them all. Brief introductions were made before Kaede continued.
"Kagome, your purification powers are growing. I know you trained your new powers well in your time, your defeat of Kagura is proof. But now I must take you under my wing and teach you how to use your priestess powers. You must be able to control them as well as you can your other powers."
"I agree, Lady Kagome, if you could somehow incorporate your priestess powers with your 'mutant' powers it could be to our advantage," Miroku voiced.
"What have you got to lose, kid?" Logan said.
"We'll worry about Mesmero for now. You get started on your training," InuYasha said.
Naraku growled at the turn of events. Kagura was now a human and no use to him. He would let her go, for now. Disgusted, he turned from Kanna's mirror and walked into the dimness of the hall in his palace. He could feel her presence. Kikyo was near and waiting for him. His suspicions were confirmed as a soul snatcher greeted him in the courtyard.
"Kikyo, show yourself," he said.
The undead priestess stepped out from behind a column and faced him, her face devoid of any emotion and her dull brown eyes fixed upon him. What was it she could possibly want from him?