InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel of Nature ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome shifted slightly as she felt a cool hand on her forehead. She let her silver-blue eyes flutter open to look at who ever was touching her. The man she'd pulled the shard from was there. She managed a weak smile which he returned uneasily.
"Where's my kit?" she whispered sleepily. She had curled up on her side to face him.
"They just took him into the kitchen to get him something to eat. I took up watch on you. You've been out for half a day already, Kagome. How ya feelin'?" she smiled and stretched before looking down at what she was wearing. It looked like a hospital gown. She wrinkled her node before looking up at him.
"Well I fine except I would really like my clothes back." he chuckled and began to look around for them. She bit her lip wondering if she should tell him. Yes, he had heard it, the jewel of Chaos.
"Um... you know I really don't know your name yet I'm sure Shippo told you mine." he looked up at her and felt slightly mesmerized by her nervously innocent look.
"I don't really remember my past. In the war they called me Wolverine but 'round here at least to Chuck I'm Logan." she immediately rose to her knees, her eyes holding such sympathy, such understanding that he was taken back. She looked as if she wanted to take all of his pain and make it her own. She was still nibbling on her bottom lip when she threw her arms around his neck. He was startled and as a natural reaction he closed his arms around her petite form.
"I so sorry you lost your memory, Logan. If you want I can help. Or at least I can try. It's not right for you not to know your past." she held him close to her. He was stunned. She didn't even really know him and yet she wanted to help him. She reminded him of a very naive and young Chuck. She seemed to take this as a sign to try and so she did. He didn't feel her in his head like he did Chuck instead it felt as if she was emerged in his soul. He heard her gasp and then a wave of forgotten memories overtook him. He stumbled but held her closer. It was as if she was standing next to him as they watched his forgotten memories. And she was in an ethereal form like him. She had snuggled herself against him. Her head lying against his chest as his arms encircled her and hers encircling his. Neither knew that in the waking world they stood just as they did in his memories. And neither noticed the doors of the medical bay opening to admit a rather small group of mutants.