InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Kage ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"May I speak to Professor Xavier? I'm not with the news or the press if you happen to be wondering." a feminine voice asked quietly yet stately. There was a hidden command in that voice.
"May I like ask who's like calling?" 'Professor! Like, some one's like on the phone for like you, says she's like not with the like news or like press.' ~Thank you Kitty, I'll take it in a second~
"My name is Kagome if that's all you'd like to ask young lady I'm in a bit of a rush." they could hear the sound of crying in the background before the woman, Kagome, used her voice to lull the child back to sleep. ~Kitty you may get off now, I have it.~
"Hello Miss Kagome, I'm Professor Xavier, may I ask why you're calling." he heard he gentle sigh. She was slightly hesitant, what if they tried to take her Kage away from her?
"I have recently rescued and adopted a child of about four months." Xavier raised a brow even though he knew she couldn't see it, though the others in the room could.
"I don't really see what that has to do with me, Miss Kagome." She gave a tired chuckle.
"He is giving off the aura of mutant. I merely called because I wish to know...." she was cut off by his sigh.
"We will take him in do not worry." she felt her power spike as panic rushed through her system.
"NO! I'm sorry but you've misunderstood me, Xavier. Kage is my child whether blood binds us or not, I'll not let you take him from me." the others could hear the authority, the power, and the love as her voice rang though the air. He heard another child's worried call of 'mama?' in the background, then her soothing voice lulling its worry away.
"I do not care that he's a mutant. Hell I've dealt with things far more disturbing and unusual then a mutant. I only wished to know if there was anything special, besides love and attention that I needed to do for him. I will, of course, train him. There is no need for him to be hurt merely because I'm not there to protect him." Xavier was astonished, this woman was willing to raise a child she'd found abandoned on the street, despite the fact it was a mutant.
"Kagome, would you happen to be mutant yourself?" her melodious giggle floated through the phone.
"No, I'm nothing more than a simple miko. My expertise really lies with holy powers but I know some one who will help me." she was quiet as her thoughts strayed away from the subject at hand, as did his. 'A miko? But weren't they supposed to have been eliminated years ago?'
"Well you obviously seem to have this under control, may I ask if there is any other reason for your call?" he heard a bit of the older child's voice, but he was unable to understand the actually words.
"Yes actually, there is one other thing as my kit has so graciously reminded me. I lack a sparring partner that is truly worth the effort. My little Shippo has informed me that you could more then likely have one there." her voice was laced with soft amusement and something akin to teasing.
"We might, I shall ask around for you, until then I'll just have to get back to you on that." he heard her pause and then give a slight half-sigh.
"Of course. To find me just have one of you students look up a Shippo Higurashi at their high school. My kit shall inform me. Good day, Professor Xavier." and with that she hung up sighing.
"Well, Charles?" Ororo asked as the Professor hung the phone up, an amused grin plastered on his face.
"Her name is Kagome Higurashi. She was calling about a four month old mutant child she'd found abandoned." the other's shifted nervously while muttering uneasily.
"And will we be taking this child?" asked Hank when the professor did not continue. Just continued to smile that amused grin. His eyes twinkling in deep rooted amusement as he spoke next.
"No we shall not. When I went to reassure her that we would take Kage, as she's named him. She protested passionately, as I'm sure you all heard quite clearly. She was very passionate about the fact that though Kage was not hers by birth or blood, he was still hers. She mentioned raising him and teaching him to defend himself, I believe both with his powers and without. There was one other child in the background also speaking what I believe is Japanese. So no the child shall not be coming." they looked up at him with looks of confusion and suspicion.
"There are some good humans left you know. She is a normal human, by the way, a miko in fact. Something I had thought long ago to have died out. Oh and I did tell her I would ask if she could find a sparring partner here. Would anyone be interested?" the other's turned startled gazes on Logan whose profanity had increased.
"Are you telling me, Chuck that Kagome Mitsuko Higurashi and her son, Shippo, are here? Aw hell." he sank into a slightly depressed mood but the cursing at least had stopped for the moment.
"Yes, Logan, I am. Is there a problem with that?" Logan nodded barely, his eyes dark with past memories.
"That woman has a fucking punch that knocked me out for a bloody month." all eyes widened when his statement sank in. When their own Rogue had punched him, it hadn't knocked him out for nearly as long. And that was with her powers too. But this miko without the help of any mutant powers had knocked him out for and entire month?
"Holy Fucking Hell"