InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Life & Death ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I looked at the ruins of the Xavier Institute for Special Children. `Special Children' yeah right it means mutants. I myself am a mutant, well slightly. I'm really a miko from Japan. The nigens here in Bayville don't mind me; in fact I'm well loved here. Part of being a miko, but no it was my mutant power, my ability to bring something dead back to life and of course healing, curtsey of my miko powers. They never asked if it worked on metals and such but it does. This would take quite a bit of my energy, but I was going to restore it. It wasn't fair that it'd been destroyed, it was the whole reason I'd come here. I looked at the kit sleeping soundly on my hip. The nigen's of Bayville were slightly scared of my little kit but they wouldn't hurt him for fear of my wrath. Not that they knew the other half of my powers, the ones that killed. The fates had thought is a colossal joke that I'd been born with powers that could both heal and kill. I sighed and turned around so I was looking at the gate. It had been smashed into pieces. I laid my hand on it and let my power course through it. Slowly but surely it came back together, closing behind me and repairing the rest of the property. Good it would be easier if everything wanted to be put back together again. I continued up the path letting my powers surround my body. Everywhere I stepped or touched reverted to what it looked like before its destruction. I'd just touched the fountain when I'd finally come to the ruins of the house. I smiled; the ruins were pulsing, just waiting for me. It would suck me dry of my powers for a few hours but still… I set my kit down and let him sleep on as I walked up to the house. I walked to the middle of the entire thing and let my powers run loose. It attacked everything, reviving it to what it had been. When it was finished I couldn't stay awake, I fainted.