InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Of Mikos and Elves ❯ Another Member ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For three days the group had been traveling north. Every night Miroku and Sango would follow Inuyasha into the forest to meet Kikyou, then planned how to solve this problem.

What they didn't know, was that on the fourth night, Kagome had saw them get up and follow Inuyasha.

Kagome silently got up and followed Miroku and Sango after waiting a safe amount of time. She followed their trail, watching out for twigs on the ground and tree branches.

When she saw them ahead of her, she saw them watching something or someone. Kagome circled around them so she could watch them and the something they were looking at in the clearing.

She gasped as she saw Inuyasha and Kikyou holding each other. Kagome then realized why they had changed directions and why Inuyasha had come back so late that morning.

Her eyes started watering and she ran back to camp so Inuyasha wouldn't smell the salt.

She knew she was making more noise than was wise, but she didn't care and it didn't seem that Inuyasha and Kikyou heard her.

When she got back to camp, she looked at Shippou sleeping peacefully and finally let go of her tears.

She ran past camp and didn't stop till she had reached a lake.

When Kagome looked at her reflection, she remembered every time Inuyasha had compared her to Kikyou, every time he had insulted her, every time he hadn't allowed her to go home. She could almost count how many times he had used each name he called her.

Then, she remembered all the times he had saved her. All the times he had returned to come get her. Kagome though of how many times she had seen something, like an emotion behind his mask.

She decided then, that people break up, and Inuyasha and Kikyou would as soon as Inuyasha realized that Kikyou was helping Naraku.

Sango and Miroku suddenly appeared behind Kagome.

"Kagome?" Sango asked.

"Are you alright, Lady Kagome?" Miroku asked her, putting his hand on her shoulder, for once being more like an older brother than a perverted friend.

Kagome smiled at them and wiped away her tears.

"I'm fine. Really." Kagome added as she saw the disbelieving faces they were giving each other.

"Shall we go back to camp?" Sango suggested.

The three headed back to the campsite to find that Shippou was still sleeping. Kagome climbed into the sleeping bag with him and quickly fell asleep.

*****

The next morning, Inuyasha was there. He hadn't noticed that Kagome had seen him with Kikyou, as he could only smell dirt and bones. He acted like nothing was wrong, and he hadn't been sleeping with a corpse.

Sango and Miroku watched Kagome to see what she would do. But Kagome surprised them both, as she too acted as if nothing had happened.

"This is sad." Sango said to him. "Even after seeing that, Kagome still loves him."

"Love can do strange things to a person." Miroku said, shaking his head sadly. He put his arm around her shoulders.

Sango was too busy watching Kagome to notice. That is, until...

SLAP

"Pervert!" she yelled as his hand, once again slipped south.

Soon later they started walking again, but stopped after a while as they saw someone standing in the middle of the road.

"Kikyou!" Inuyasha said and rushed toward her as realization hit him.

Sango, Miroku, and Shippou all looked to Kagome to see how she would react.

But Kagome surprised them once again by just sighing sadly as the two embraced. Well, actually Inuyasha hugged Kikyou, while Kikyou just stood there.

"Inuyasha! How could you do that to Kagome?" Shippou yelled at him.

Inuyasha froze. He had completely forgotten that Kagome and the rest of the gang were there. He had just been so happy Kikyou was there.

Inuyasha turned around and looked at Kagome. He expected her to by crying, then yell 'sit,' and go home.

But, he saw her just looking at them, sadness written all over her face.

"Inuyasha." he heard Kikyou whisper behind him.

He looked back at her and saw what she wanted.

"Kikyou is going to join us." he declared.

*****

Ok, I just got a flame. I'm just wondering if anyone is really hating this story because I paired Kagome off with Legolas. Does anyone want me to delete this story? Anyone hate me? I know someone does.

The Hidden One