InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Tainted Spirit ❯ First Strikes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Enough of this! Show yourself, Coward!" Another bolt comes down, Striking in front of Inu-Yasha. He takes a step back, and watches as the bolt hits the ground, then begins to swirl around in a bright light, causing Inu-Yasha to cover his eyes. His left hand gets hold of the hilt of tetsusaiga, ready to unsheathe it.

When the light fades, Inu-Yasha looks up to see a man staring back at him. Dressed in rather strange clothes and dark raven black hair. His eyes are a dark shade of blue. On his back there is what seems to be a metal rod strapped in leather.

"Inu-Yasha, I presume?" He says casually.

"In the flesh. I take it you're the one responsible for all the lightning?" Inu-Yasha says, getting a stronger grip on the hilt.

"Well, aren't you perceptive. My name is Tantalus Fiore. I'm from a group called the Dark Dragons. I was sent here by me master to retrieve the Shikon shards from you. So if you don't mind, I'd like to end this before sun down. However, if you insist on being stubborn, you'll feel the burn of my lightning." As he says that, he brings his hands up, holding them out at his sides, and arks of lightning begin to jump from his body to his palms.

"Feh. Why should a coward get something as powerful as the Shikon shards?" Inu-Yasha unsheathes his sword, and it transforms into the massive fang.

"Coward, am I? Well then. I guess you WANT to die." Suddenly, Tantalus brings one of his hands forward, palm facing Inu-Yasha. Literally, in a flash, a bolt of lightning erupts from his hand toward Inu-Yasha, striking him in the chest, hard.

Kagome begins to worry more. "He can call upon lightning… from within his own body! Inu-Yasha!"

The blow sends Inu-Yasha flying backward, with his robe singed. He manages to land on his feet. His left claw reaches up, gripping where he was hit.

"Damn you…" he growls, gritting his teeth in pain.

"Well, if it hurts, then end this and give me the shards." Tantalus says, preparing his next shot.

"Never!" He brings his claw away from his wound, dripping with blood. He then swings it forward, releasing his attack. "Claws of Blood!!!"

Tantalus unsheathes the metal rod on his back, and it seems to grow to a full eight feet in length. He then pushes off the ground, leaping high into the air. At the height of his jump, he spreads his arms out wide, and two massive white wings with royal blue tips on the feathers shoot out from his back. He then swoops back down, over the blood daggers, swinging his weapon at Inu-Yasha.