InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Traveling through Time ❯ Festival of the Night ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After spending two days with the Sun Warriors, Inuyasha and the others learned much about the Immortal Realm and met all of the guide animals. Inuyasha grew closer to Starfire gaining respect from her and even learned some of her fighting styles that she was teaching young Prince Hunter of Hunter's Island. He learned of Starfire's special abilities of the constellations from Shooting Star along with her weapons.
 
Kagome and Sango learned from all six of the female Sun Warriors, but Kagome mostly stayed with the Ancient Warrior. She learned of the herbs the Ancient Warrior uses in her spells and potions. She also met Queen Unicorn and her husband King Clartyo who ruled of the Valley of Wolves and Dragon's Island. She became very familiar with the wolf culture thanks to Great Wolf. Sango spent most of her time with Sun and Saturn who explained to her their gifts of sight. Saturn taught her some of the language of tigers with help from Blackblaze, Saturn's guide animal. Sun showed her how to read some of the books in the library, mainly ones on unicorn history.
 
Miroku spent a lot of time with Pluto and Neptune. Pluto from he learned about different cures for different poisons, thanks to Pluto's guide animal Viper the snake unicorn. Neptune enhanced Miroku's fighting skills and helped him understand some religious ceremonies that unicorns do for their dead.
 
Even though the group was separated the Sun Warriors still hinted at possible love connections between the two set of couples, but they knew that they couldn't put their plan into affect until the festival.
 
The day of the festival brought havoc to the Valley of Unicorns. The Sun Warriors ended up leaving the group to wander the valley alone while the festival was being set up. Inuyasha and the others walked into the tree grove as young children picked flowers nearby for that nights festivities. While leaning on a tree discussing what had happened to them over the last two days a young girl came up to Inuyasha handing him a white flower. Inuyasha took the flower nodding to the small child who ran off to join others in the nearby field. He then handed the flower to Kagome. “I don't need this, so you can have it.”
 
`That's strange he sounds calm not gruff like normal.' Kagome thought as she smelled the flower. “Thank you Inuyasha.”
 
“Forget it. We should head back to the castle now.” Inuyasha spat out. Kagome smiled at Inuyasha and the group walked back to castle. They ate with Swanalow in the dining hall as she spoke to them about the festival and what normally happens. Shortly after they finished eating Saturn came for them to join the other Sun Warriors at the festival.
 
The festival was just like any festival that the group had seen in their time. People eating, children playing games, and everything was beautifully decorated. Saturn led them to a small fire near the center of the festival. Children sat around the fire listening to Neptune's guide animal Cyclone who was in her human form. She was telling a story about Lovtra and the other gods of their realm. Kagome listened with much interest and leaned on Inuyasha. Inuyasha blushed at Kagome's action, but didn't bother to move away from her. Saturn smiled thinking that their plan might actually work, but then she had one of her visions. Being a seer of the future Saturn could see what was going to happen but knew that you can't change the future just prepare for it. She saw Inuyasha trying to reveal his feelings towards Kagome but was interrupted by Rocakao, the son of Pluto's guide animal.
 
After telling her story Cyclone left the circle with children following her begging her to tell another story. Kagome stood up and stretched noticing that Miroku and Sango were gone along with Saturn. “Inuyasha?”
 
“What?”
 
“Let's go down by the lake. Moonstriker said it's beautiful down there at night.”
 
“Okay.” Inuyasha stood up and walked with Kagome to the lake that stood in the center of the valley. The moon reflected over the water making everything look like it was part of a dream. Inuyasha looked over at Kagome. Her raven hair shined in the moonlight and she looked like a goddess standing next to him. “Kagome?”
 
“Yeah Inuyasha?” Kagome turned towards Inuyasha.
 
“I just want to tell you something.” He looked down as his hand began to shake from his nerves.
 
“What?” Kagome gave him a confused look because of his strange behavior.
 
“Well…I…” Inuyasha then stopped at a young black unicorn ran from out of no where scaring him as he grabbed Kagome close to him. Kagome gasped as she was pulled into Inuyasha's chest.
 
“Rocakao!!” Pluto yelled as he chased after the unicorn. `Damn unicorn. He ruined Inuyasha's moment to tell Kagome he cares for her.' Inuyasha and Kagome watched as Pluto and Rocakao faded out of sight not realizing Inuyasha was still holding Kagome close to his chest.
 
“Umm…Inuyasha?” Kagome blushed as Inuyasha and her separated from each other. After an awkward moment of silence Kagome smiled at Inuyasha. “Come on; let's go find Sango and Miroku.”
 
Inuyasha nodded and followed her away from the lake. `I almost told her how much I love her. I can't believe it, am I actually in love with her? I must be, but why can't I just tell her.'
 
They found Sango and Miroku talking to Neptune. As the approached Sango slapped Miroku and glared at him. Miroku just rubbed the side of his face with a smile. Neptune just shook her head and excused herself to go talk to Pluto who was yelling at Rocakao. “So where have you two been?” Sango asked Kagome and Inuyasha.
 
“Down by the lake it's beautiful down there.” Kagome said leaving out the part about Inuyasha holding her. “What about you two?”
 
“Mostly talking to the Guardian.” Miroku replied. He then looked over at Sango who seemed to glare at him. “What?”
 
“Did you forget to mention that you asked her to bear your children?” Sango looked incredibly upset but tried to hide it. The group became silent until Saturn walked up to them.
 
“Sango, would you come with me? I want to show you something.”
 
“Sure.” Sango and Saturn walked away from the group into a small clearing near the tree grove.
 
“Sango I noticed something is bothering you and was wondering if you wanted to talk about it.”
 
“It's nothing Saturn.” Sango looked away from Saturn's gaze.
 
“It's Miroku isn't it?”
 
Sango looked back at Saturn shocked, “How did you know?”