InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Traveling through Time ❯ Truth Revealed ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Are you sure Kagome?” Inuyasha had a real hard time believing that their new friends had a secret like the one Kagome had informed him about. Why would they need to hide their other identities like that?
 
“Yes Inuyasha. I saw their mortal forms.”
 
“Whose mortal forms?” Starfire came up from behind the two. Inuyasha looked at Starfire like he knew she would be upset.
 
“Umm…Neptune and Sun's.” Kagome was scared that Starfire would become angry with her and lash out.
 
“Do they know?” Starfire looked very serious as she glanced between the two. Inuyasha had never seen this side of Starfire before and it worried him.
 
“No.” Kagome looked away from Starfire as she waited for Starfire to start screaming at her.
 
“Good. Don't say anything to anyone else, okay?” Starfire smiled at her friends when she knew that Sun and Neptune didn't know about Kagome seeing them. Starfire knew that their mortal forms were the only things that protected them and their families in the mortal realm from the possibility of attacks form the dark ones. Inuyasha and Kagome nodded in confusion at Starfire's sudden change in attitude. “I'll see you both later and try to get some sleep.” Starfire walked away from the couple leaving them alone in the throne room. Inuyasha looked at Kagome for a long time before he decided to go into the courtyard to get some fresh air. He had been debating on asking Kagome an important question he even asked Starfire what to do and she had no idea how to help him find the answer he needed.
 
Kagome followed Inuyasha outside and looked up at the sky becoming lost in the beauty of the stars. She couldn't believe that everything happened is hours and she kept thinking over what Red Hawk said. `Maybe he's right. Green Hawk won't have my help after we leave so she has to do everything on her own. But I can't help but feel guilty for what happened.' She gasped as she felt someone wrap their arms around her waist and pull her close to their chest. She looked up to see Inuyasha staring at her. “Inuyasha?”
 
Inuyasha turned her in his arms as he brushed her lips with his. Inuyasha couldn't help the feeling he had for Kagome it was like a wanting but it was more like he couldn't live without her touch now. He deepened the kiss has he opened her mouth with his own lips but hi sears twitched as he heard someone coming. He growled as he pulled away from Kagome. “Someone's coming.” He grabbed her around the waist and jumped into the nearby tree as he waited to see who was coming. Pluto and Saturn emerged from the throne room looking to see if they were alone.
 
“So Snowflake's plan worked.”
 
“That's my girl.” Saturn rolled her eyes at her younger brother.
 
“I'm just glad everything worked out perfectly. Having the twins communicate when Kagome could hear Inuyasha's confession at the right moment was brilliant. I knew having the ability to communicate between their minds would come in handy.” Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other in shock. They couldn't believe what they were hearing; they had been tricked. Saturn walked away from her brother further into the courtyard when an arm reached out and grabbed her around the waist. “What the…” Saturn came face to face with Blackhorn. “Blackhorn!”
 
Saturn's cries were silenced as Blackhorn crushed his lips onto hers. Kagome gasped at what she saw; she never saw Blackhorn show any attraction toward Saturn and now he was kissing her like it was the end of the world. When the kiss was broken Saturn shoved Blackhorn playfully. “You have know idea how hard it was to not touch you around the mortals.” Saturn smiled at him and rested her head on his shoulder.
 
“I've got a good idea of how it felt.” She reached up and kissed him; their kiss deepened until Pluto interrupted by making a gagging noise. “Quit that brother or I will kill you.”
 
“Get a room then I don't need to see my older sister kissing some guy.”
 
“Novel thought.” Blackhorn grinned as Saturn punched him for his comment. Blackhorn picked Saturn up bridal style. “See you later Pluto.” Before Pluto could respond they were gone.
 
“Stupid sister.” Pluto shook his head as he thought of his sister and Blackhorn.
 
“It's not nice to call your sister names.” Pluto turned to see Snowflake walking towards him.
 
“That was being nice.” Pluto offered his arm to Snowflake that she took without argument. They walked until they were under the tree that Kagome and Inuyasha were hiding in. “Your plan worked perfectly. Moon and Star couldn't have had better timing.”
 
“I'm just glad they're together and happy. I didn't know what to do when I heard that she was kidnapped and when…” Snowflake began to cry as she recalled what happened earlier that evening.
 
“Snow don't cry please.” Pluto hugged Snowflake trying to comfort her.
 
“I can't help it Pluto, plus with Green…” Pluto put his finger on her lips to stop her from finishing her sentence.
 
“Green is happy with her choice and everything is well. I have know her and her brother for long time and I know that she is happy and Red won't let anything happen to his little sister. Besides Kagome and Inuyasha are together thanks to you. You are a wonderful person Snow.” Pluto lifted Snowflake's chin so she was looking at him as he lightly kissed her. “We should go before Icicle comes looking for you.”
 
“You're right.” They began to walk away when Snowflake stopped and looked at Pluto. “Thank you.”
 
“For what?”
 
“For being a great guy.”
 
“Okay.” They continued into the throne room until they were out of sight. Inuyasha jumped out of the tree with Kagome in his arms.
 
“Do you believe that?” Inuyasha set Kagome down and she stepped in the direction that Pluto and Snowflake just went.
 
“No.” Kagome wasn't sure how to take what they heard.
 
“Well I'm not gonna complain.” Inuyasha pulled Kagome close to him causing her to gasp at his sudden movements. “You have no idea how this feels.”
 
“How what feels?” Kagome blushed at how close they were.
 
“To finally be able to be this close to you without needing a reason.”
 
“Oh.” Kagome looked up towards the horizon as the Sun began to rise. “It's beautiful.”
 
“Not as beautiful as you.” Inuyasha smiled when he noticed her shiver from his breath on the back of her neck.
 
“I can't believe we've been up all night.” Kagome yawned as she tried to calm herself.
 
“You two need to get some sleep.” The couple turned to see Sun looking at them with a grin on her face.
 
“We will after we finish watching the sun rise.” Kagome gave her a confused look.
 
“Okay, but you'll need your rest. We'll be sending you home tomorrow and it's kind of hard on the body.” Inuyasha and Kagome nodded understanding what Sun meant. “I'll see you two later.” Sun left couple standing in the courtyard.
 
“I guess this means we'll have to say good-bye to everyone.” Kagome looked at Inuyasha.
 
“Yeah.” Inuyasha felt a sudden sadness overcome him as he thought of saying good-bye to Starfire.
 
“You'll really miss her won't you?”
 
“Miss who?”
 
“Starfire. She's been a great friend to you and well you can tell that you like her.”
 
“Yeah. Kind of the sister I never had scenario. Who are you gonna miss?” Inuyasha looked at Kagome.
 
“The Ancient Warrior and Snowflake; they've help me see things that I never noticed.”
 
“Like what?”
 
“Like how much you stare at me and the looks you sometimes give me. Plus how protective you are of me. But I know I'll miss Pluto too. He's at great friend.”
 
“I can't believe I was ever jealous of him.” Inuyasha said aloud without realizing it.
 
“So you were jealous of him?”
 
“Well it wasn't much help with you flirting with him all the time!”
 
“Well that's the past and now we know that we have feelings for each other and I couldn't be happier.”
 
“Me too.” The two stood in silence as the sun finally came up over the horizon.
 
“We should get some sleep Inuyasha.” Kagome turned away from him and began to walk away until he pulled he back. “Inuyasha?!”
 
“Kagome, can I ask you a question?”
 
“Didn't you just do that?”
 
“Seriously.”
 
“Sure.”
 
“Would you um…would you…” Inuyasha was at a loss of words.
 
“Would I what?” Kagome was beginning to feel frustrated. “Would you just spit it out already!”
 
“Be my mate!” Inuyasha was shocked that he just yelled it out. `She's gonna be sit me for sure.'
 
Kagome was in shock she didn't know how to answer Inuyasha. Inuyasha took her silence as a no and began to walk away, but Kagome grabbed his hand. “What does it mean to be your “mate” exactly?”
 
“It means that you and I will always be together. Kind of like marriage only different.” Inuyasha looked away from her knowing that she would be mad at him.
 
“Oh Inuyasha!” Kagome hugged Inuyasha tightly as she began to cry. “Of course I'll be your mate. I wouldn't want it any other way.” Inuyasha was thrilled to hear this and kissed Kagome. The kiss deepened and Inuyasha broke away from the kiss and began to place butterfly kisses down Kagome's neck. She let out a small moan and Inuyasha pulled away from her.
 
“We should go somewhere more private.” Kagome nodded as Inuyasha picked her up. He ran into the castle and through the hallways. When they arrived outside Kagome's room Inuyasha set her down and tried to push open the door. A barrier shimmered under Inuyasha's hand. “What the…” Kagome grabbed Inuyasha's hand before he could finish his sentence and pulled him into his and Miroku's room. As the door shut Moonstriker and Starfire appeared from under Starfire's cape.
 
“Time to put up another barrier.”
 
“Yup. It looks they “wanted” each other more then they knew.”
 
“Stop that Star. They take this very seriously.”
 
“I know. I know. Just put the barrier up already.” Moonstriker faced the door and placed both her hands on the door. She closed her eyes and concentrated hard on the door but made sure she didn't push to hard.
 
“Ciron Sigyanta Keian.” A red shimmer appeared over the doorway and vanished.
 
“Now that they will not be interrupted lets get something to eat. I'm starving.” Starfire grabbed Moonstriker's arm dragging her down the hallway.
 
“Only you can eat at a time like this.” Moonstriker rolled her eyes as her sister laughed.