InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Traveling through Time ❯ Good-byes and gifts pt2 ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha could only think of what happened and wasn't sure how he could ever possibly thank the young Guardian. He was having enough trouble trying to figure out how he was going to say good-bye to Starfire. Starfire treated him as if he was family and the two days that he had spent with her while the others were with the other Sun Warriors made him feel normal. Starfire listened to him and never judged him for any reason; she was his best friend and he had only known her for a few days. Now he would have to say good-bye to her.
 
Kagome and the others couldn't believe what Inuyasha told them about Neptune. Kagome was grateful and yet sad at the same time; she knew that Neptune did it for a reason but she wished that she could help ease Neptune's pain.
 
The group soon saw the beach come into view. Sitting on near by logs were Sun and Pluto along with the Winter Warriors and Green Hawk. “About time.” Pluto grinned at the group before his eyes quickly changed to a concerned looked. He walked over to Neptune and pulled her into his embrace. This might have shocked Kagome and the others if they didn't know that the two were not only cousins but best friends as well. Pluto told Kagome how he always knew that Neptune would be there and how she was the only one, he could really talk to. Plus Miroku said that he rarely ever saw the two not with each other. After a few moments Neptune pulled away from Pluto and mouthed `thank you' hoping that no one else noticed.
 
“Well I guess we better get this whole good-bye thing going before it's too late.” Sun smiled even though you could see that she wanted to cry. Sango smiled at her and hugged her. “Remember everything we taught you Sango. Okay?” Sango nodded. Saturn stepped towards Sango.
 
Sango embraced the young princess. “Saturn I own you so much. You helped me with Miroku and taught me so much. I will never forget you.”
 
“Nor will I forget you.” Saturn smiled as Icestorm approached Sango.
 
“I guess this is good-bye beautiful.” Sango blushed as Icestorm kissed the back of her hand like he did when she first met him. Uranus rolled her eyes as Miroku snatched Sango away from Icestorm. “Take care of her Miroku.”
 
“I will and that's a promise.” Miroku looked over at Uranus and smiled. “And you make sure you take care of the Ancient Warrior.” Icestorm just nodded knowing that he and Miroku had a complete understanding of one another. Kagome looked at Uranus and began to cry as she went to hug the young warrior.
 
“You risked your life for me and gave me more knowledge then I could ever asked for. I wish this wasn't good-bye.” Uranus smiled at Kagome.
 
“I wish that as well; plus I know Sinotaa will miss you as well.” Kagome gave Uranus one last hug before she turned to face Snowflake.
“Snowflake, you are an incredible person. If it weren't for you I would have never known how Inuyasha feels about me. I don't think I could ever repay you.” Snowflake sniffled as she tried to force her tears back.
 
“It was my pleasure Kagome. Take care of yourself.” As Kagome turned to hug Green Hawk good-bye Pluto placed his hands on Snowflake's shoulders.
 
“Green Hawk, Pluto. I will never forget you. You both saved my life and I only wish I could repay you.”
 
“Just live out your life Kagome. Know that nothing is impossible and that you will never be alone.” Pluto nodded in agreement with Green Hawk. As Kagome hugged Pluto good-bye Miroku decided it was time to tell Neptune farewell.
 
“Thank you is all I can say Guardian.”
 
“It's all that is needed to be said Miroku.” The two shook hands because Neptune knew better then to trust the monk near her. “Take care Miroku.” As the good-byes continued Inuyasha just stared at Starfire.
 
`How do you say good-bye?' Starfire made eye contact with Inuyasha and walked over to him. She stuck out her hand and smiled.
 
“I guess this is good-bye.” Inuyasha took Starfire's hand and did the one thing that no one would ever expect him to do. He pulled her into his embrace and just held her there. Starfire was shocked at his suddenness, but quickly returned his embraced.
 
“Good-bye Starfire.” She smiled knowing that this was hard for him.
 
“Good-bye young one.” She stepped back and smiled at him as the tears began to seep from her eyes. “Before you all leave the Ancient warrior has something to give you.” Uranus stepped forward with four small crystals in her hands.
 
“They came from the horns of Katana and Arrow. These will allow you to see our world whenever you want. They also will allow you to travel into Kagome's time.” Kagome gasped not believing what she was hearing. “All you have to do is think of this world while holding the crystal out and you will see it. And you can travel through the well like Inuyasha and Kagome do.” She handed each of them a crystal and turned to nod at Neptune.
 
Neptune turned towards the water and closed her eyes. “Hyanta Gurlenta.” A bright light appeared before the group. “Hurry, you don't have much time.” Saying a last few good-byes the group entered the bright light forcing them shut their eyes. As the light faded Inuyasha noticed they were by the well.
 
“We're really back.” Miroku had a sad tone to his voice as he reached out to touch the well.
 
“Kagome!!” Shippo bounded towards the group with Kaede and Kirara close behind. “You're back so soon.”
 
“Soon? We've been gone for five days Shippo.” Sango was confused.
 
“Five days? Ye have been gone for only a few hours.” Kaede wasn't sure why they all looked confused. “What happen to ye?”
 
“None of your business you old hag.” Inuyasha felt pain as he thought of their friends.
 
“Inuyasha.” Kagome sounded angry but knew why he was acting this way.
 
“Lady Kaede we have quite a story to tell you.” Miroku gestured towards the village. “we will tell you on the way to the village.”
 
Meanwhile…
 
“So when do you think they will know?” Pluto turned towards his sister as the light faded away.
 
“Soon enough. Kagome will be shocked at first but then will be fine. The `pup' or whatever Inuyasha would call it won't come till after graduation so everything will be all right,” Saturn turned away from her brother. “We might want to get back to the valley before we head home.” The small group walked separated as the Winter Warriors returned to their home and Green Hawk along with Sun Warriors to the valley.
 
As the group of eight walked through the forest Pluto pulled Neptune back from the rest of the group. “So does Kagome have it?”
 
“Have what?” Neptune smiled as she side glanced at her cousin.
 
“Stop planning games Nep. Does she have it?”
 
“Yes Kagome has my ring she just doesn't know it yet. Why are you worried?”
 
“No. I just wanted to make sure that's all.”
 
“Right. Let's get going unlike you I have a final to study for.” Neptune sighed as she thought of the mortal realm and her responsibility as a college student. “Why did I decide to take summer classes again?”
 
“Stop complaining you take the exam tomorrow and then it's off to our family vacation in Tokyo.” With nothing more to say, the two ran ahead to hurry the others to the valley and to return to their mortal home.