InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Bright Light ❯ Light Side ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing
 
Welcome to the Lightside.
Tuhru thought of the only thing she could do. She looked to the left opened the draw with her mind and willed her light saber to her. “Why did you bring me, here?”
Han smirked, “You got that wrong, your ship crashed here.” He pulled out his blaster.
Tuhru panicked. “Oh may this must be the rebel base, stay away from me, Evil Rebels.”
Leia could not understand why such a young girl would be on the side of the emperor or Vader for that matter. The girl did not look human but she did not look like she could have been old enough to join the fight against the rebels. “Why don't you enlighten us with a story about how you came to be with the rebels?” Leia too, had her blaster pointed at Tohru.
Tohru took a step back in horror. Then, she flipped on one side of her light saber. “I have heard the rebels wish to kill the Emperor.”
Han laughed. “No, we wish to slow down his progress.” Han had told the truth, he did not have any idea of how to kill the Emperor.
Tohru did not understand why the two would join the Rebels, if they where not trying to kill the Emperor. “If you tell me your story, I will have a better understanding of the Rebels.” Tohru did not put down her weapon, but instead kept it lit.
Leia being the great communicator that she is decide that it would not hurt to tell her story. “I will tell you my story, if you put down your weapon.”
Tohru did not want to risk being hurt, but this world seemed so different from her own. She had to hear what side is the good or bad side. “Put the blaster away and I will lesson to your story.”
Leia and Han did as she said although Han stated, “Was that some sort of mind trick?”
Tohru gave him a puzzled look that caused her to wonder what a mind trick could be anyways. “Mind trick? (Her eyes lit up with excitement) You know mind tricks? (She calmed down, remembering that this people were her enemy.) Is that like playing cards? I don't have any cards on me.” Tuhru continued to think about what a mind trick would be: she thought it might be a card trick where a skilled player fakes her way through Bridge or Poker.
Han looked a little shocked but did not show it as much as he would, if she were his friend. “It is a Jedi trick, where someone controls someone's mind, at least which is my definition.”
Tohru looked at him like his head would explode any second. “How?” That trick did not seem possible. Then, she got an idea. “Is it like when my friend wants me to do something but I feel guiltily not doing it so I do what they want to do?”
Leia did not understand why a dark Jedi did not know how to do this mind trick. “No, one person controls the other's mind.”
Tuhru gave a `huh' look. “I don't know how to control minds. Is this a requirement?” She hoped not. She had been practicing her illusion technique for so long after her shifts she did not realize there were others.
Han did not know how to answer but Leia spoke up. “I am not a Jedi, I would not know. Vader might be able to answer that question.”
Tuhru decided that she would try this technique. She concentrated real hard. “I will try this then you want to buy a (think Tohru) bracelet. Did it work?”
Han smirked. “No.”
Leia shook her head. “No.”
Tuhru smiled, “I guess, I don't know that trick.”
Leia did not understand why a Jedi could not learn that trick. Did she need a manual? “You wanted to know my story, didn't you?”
Tuhru gave her a smile that looked sort of creepy. ”Um, I guess that would be ok.”
Leia begin to tell the part of there story. “I am a counselor from Alderan. I am part of the Rebel resistance to defeat the Empire. In my earlier years, I was forced to take classes that where specifically designed for those that fallowed the Emperor. Although, I didn't want fallow the Empire I was forced to do so. I and serial others rebelled against him. … then, one day he blew up my planet and killed everyone on it with that death star of his. That is why I fight him.”
Tohru thought this over. “Why do you fight him?”
Han trued to answer her, “I was not fighting him.”
Tohru did not understand. “You are fighting him, just by being with the Rebels. If, you stay here the Emperor will think you are an enemy.”
“Then, I will be soon.”
“So, let me get this strait. Rebels fight to save the universe from organized controlled society that will kill them if they do not serve the Emperor. Am I right?”
Leia added. “The Emperor controls the minds of many people who would other wise be against him.”
Tohru had not been in this dimension long but she knew something was not right. Why would her guide drop her in an evil place? Could the emperor be plotting to kill her, if she did not fallow him? Where they on the good side? “Do you have any other hobbies then planning to over through the Empire? Wouldn't everyone live in chaos with out order?”
Leia thought about these two questions. She did not have any hobbies other then being a counselor, it took up most of her time. “I am a princess of a destroyed world, that takes up a lot of my time but I paint when I have free time.(A/N: I don't know her hobby. Don't kill me.) The planets would be free to set up there own governments and free form the Emperor's control. There may be disorder for a few years but that is the prize that must be paid in the name of freedom.”
Tohru thought about this new definition of freedom. “I have decided, I will stay with you until I make up my mind, Princess. If what you say is the truth, I will join you against the Empire. If what you say is false, I will leave.”
Leia looked angry. “You are giving me an ultimatum? Are you planning to be a traitor?”
“No. And No, my story is that I was left on the death star and Vader found me. Suddenly, I am on the payroll.”
“What?”
“Want me to lie?”
“No.”
Tohru looked relieved. She could not think of a lie that would be as creative as the truth. “I am not a traitor. I did not ask to fight against, anyone. This war was forced upon me.”
Han trued to calm her down as she was pointing the light saber at them, even though it was off. “We did not know. We thought you joined him willingly.”
“I don't think that I had much of a chose, I was on a giant ball in the middle of nowhere.”
Han did not by the good girl routine. “You could have not arrived on the Ball in the first place.”
“The person who put me on that ball, left me there without a way to leave.”
Leia believed her. “You are telling the truth.”
Tohru smiled than she caught a glimpse of herself in a mirror. She transformed back into her human disguise. “Is this better? I think, Vader likes it when I look more human but he tell me differently.”
Leia frowned, she wanted the girl to just have a alien disguise. That was her real face that she had shown her. “It is ok to show your real face. I am not Vader.”
“Oh, well I will change back then.” Tohru changes into her other form again. “That is better. You're not scared of me or the way I look.”
Leia gave her a reassuring smile. “No.”
Tuhru gave her brightest smile then gave a confused look. “Since, you know so much about Jedi could you tell me why my light saber looks so different.”
Han did not know little about light sabers. “It looks the like a standard light saber.”
“I have never used one, but my friend might know.”
Tohru would finally get more answers. “Where is he?”
That was a simple question that offered an answer of where a Jedi is located. “We will show you.”
Tohru strapped on something that looked like a belt on her leg, which was but it had a vibo knife in it that the two could not see. Then, affixed another belt to her waist that held her light saber and her blaster, but it looked like a small box to everyone else.
When she was done, she fallowed them out side her room to Luke's room where he was recovering from frost bite. Upon, seeing the Luke she noticed that he looked very comfortable. “Leia.” He smiled softly at her.
Leia was introduced Tohru. “This is some one who is thinking about joining the Rebellion. She wants to ask you a question.”
He looked at this strange looking girl with black and red face. “What is your question?”
Tuhru looked at him. “I have a few.”
Luke nodded, “Ok, I will try to answer them.”
“Do you know about light sabers? Do you have one?”
He new about his own light saber but he had only seen two close-up. “I am not an expert on light sabers but I do have one.”
Tohru showed him her light saber. “This is my light saber. I don't understand why it is so different than the two I have seen.”
Luke looked at it. Then, he forced his light saber to him. “This one does not look that different. He turned it on.”
She looked shocked. “It comes in colors other than red? Can you tell me how to make mine change colors?”
“Red is what the dark side uses. You will have to buy a different crystal or find one that will allow your light saber to change color.” Luke had seen these crystals in local shops to make sure that the Emperor new that that shop if he ever entered hated that type of Jedi.
“I guess, I could try to buy one.”
Luke's curiosity begins to get the best of him. “Are you a Jedi?”
Tohru looked at him and shook his head. “I am not sure what a Jedi is but I might be one.”
Luke continued his questioning. “What type of being are you?”
“I am a Sith.”
Leia had heard something about this people but could not remember. Han spoke up. “I heard that the Sith race was died and when they did live they where evil.”
“Someone did not inform me, then. I am clearly a Sith and I am very sure that I am not evil.” That is what the girl had told her she was that put her there. Tohru was not about to turn evil for some little girl. If, that was the little girls plan or not she would fight on the good side, once she found that side.
Luke gave her a concerned look. “I think you are good. If, red is the only color you have then use red. You will save a lot of money that way.”
Tohru blushed. “Thanks, do you think I could hold your light saber?”
“Sure.” He gave her his light saber.
She turned it on and moved it around. She noticed that it did not have a second blade. “Thanks.” She turned it off and handed it to him. Then, she took out her light saber. “This is mine. I will turn it on.” She turned on the top. “The second blade is optional, point the second blade away from the body.” She turned on the second blade.
“Can I see that?”
She shut off the blades and handed him her light saber. He turned it on. “I have never seen one like this.”
“Never? I wonder why mine has a bottom blade.”
He shut it off and gave it to her. “I see why that second blade would be dangerous.”
“I wanted a staff but this thing is alright. I also carry a blaster and a vibo knife.”
“Where?”
She pulled out a box from her belt it turned into a blaster. “This is my light blaster pistol and she pointed to her leg where a knife could be seen. That is my knife.” She put her blaster back.
Han and Leia did not know what to say. They saw her put on those belts and did not notice anything on them. “Where is your master?”
“My what?”
“The person who trains you?”
“At home, I need to practice on this skill, first. It is tough and so far all I can do is small items. She will come to me when she feels I have progressed, enough. Could you show me that Mind trick thing?”
He smiled at her. “Just concentrate on what you want. Then, speak what you want others to do for you to get what you want. It takes time to learn but it is mostly used on the simple minded.”
“Ok, I will practice on this new skill.”
“What is your name?”
“Tohru.”