InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Misconception ❯ Come and play ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
and Play Kitty Cat




Six was taking it's time to come. Maybe it was the anticipation. Kagome shrugged and started walking. She could go there and wait, but that would mean she was eager to see him. She wasn't. Of course she didn't have to see him at all. He wasn't her master, but that would mean moving. Her feet took her, ever so slowly, to the place where they were supposed to meet. A small restaurant. She glanced at some one else’s watch. Even walking as slow as she could there was still forty minutes to spare. Best to check the area out. She thought. Like a shadow she slipped into the alley going unnoticed.

There was one exit to the entire building, which, she was guessing, lead to the back. Kagome gripped the handle and slowly pulled. The door opened with no effort. Her eyes ran over the interior and the door. The itself had no locks, but there was one of pull down sheets of metal like used at malls. The door did indeed lead to the coffee shop, and the rest of the stores for the complex. Poor building planning. Silently she slipped down the hall. People were running by not giving her so much as a second glance. Five minutes left. Quickly slipping from behind the counter unoticed she took a seat.

A young waitress came and asked for her order. Kagome ordered coffee with two creams and six sugars. The waitress gave her and odd look before walking away. She was sipping on her coffee when Akito walked through the door. He sat across from her. Already she could hear the hushed whispers of the women around them thinking they were a couple. Foolish humans. Kagome paused. Since when did I think like that. She frowned.

"Some thing wrong, Kagome?"

"We are not friends so you have no right to use my first name."

"My apologies, Miss Anrea."

"Now what did you want to discuss. I know it isn't medical."

"Are you so sure?"

"I'm always sure."

"I find that hard to believe."

"Whatever." That hit a little to close to home.

"Let's get down to buisness, shall we. I am of a curse family, Miss Anrea. My self and thirteen others. The other thirteen transform into each animal of the zodiac including the cat. I am the center. Everything revolves around me and my wishes. I am the closest thing to god for them. The other's transform when hugged by a member of the opposite sex or under stress. The fact that you can embrace them has caught my notice."

"Obviously." Kagome took another sip of her coffee.

"And I am curious as to why that is. Who or what are you? What powers do you have?"

"I'm just a normal young adult trying to make it in this world."

"I also find that hard to believe."

"Believe what you will."

"You will help us with our curse."

"Says you." Kagome laughed.

"I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation you are in."

"Nor do you." She whispered.

"Let us take a walk."

"I'd prefer to stay here."

"I did not ask which you would prefer."

"You are no master of me, human." Kagome stopped hoping that it would go unnoticed.

"Human?"

Damn She thought. Kagome stilled. She looked like a painted statue sitting there among the small crowd. Akito watch carefully. Slowly she stood and left some money on the table for her coffee.

"I must go."

And with that she walked away. It was starting to get harder for her to act normally. Or at least communicate when she was angry. God, she was starting to act like Sesshoumaru. It surprised her that Akito hadn't pressed the matter, but she knew he wouldn't just let it go there. He had heard her, good and crystal clear. She mumble curses under her breath while weaving between people. Kagome was coming up along the woods that weren't to far from her apartment. Suddenly something felt like it was pushing against her body, from the inside.

Kagome froze, again statue like. There it was again. Like a great beast rubbing along her. In fact she got the distinct impression of a great cat. Was this her beast? She had occasionally heard Inuyasha refer to his demon side as a separate being, as if it was something crawling right underneath his skin. She had always that it was a metaphor for his instincts, but now she wasn’t so sure. She could feel it stretch. As if it were saying I'm here and awake. Then it just seemed to fade away and was gone. Kagome let out a breath she didn't know she had held.

Quickly she scurried to her apartment. There was a envelope wedged in between the door and the frame. It was addressed to her with her name written in an elegant script across the front. She stepped inside before opening it. It was from Akito. All it held was a picture of her. The picture was of her and her mother. She turned it over. On the back was the same neat writing. 'I know your secret Kagome. Come and play.'

She grabbed a lighter out of one of the kitchen draws and lit the picture. Silently she watched it burn and rinsed the sink of the ashes. He knows, kept going over and over through her mind. What would she do?
What could she do? Kagome gripped the edge of the sink in a seething rage. She felt the metal bend and quickly pulled her hands away. This could end very, very badly.