InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ K&K: The Disaster ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~The Street~

Souri pauses right at the tip of the side walk. She is scared and paranoid. Shiro is crying. She doesn't know what to do. She can the cars honking their horns, the rain pouring down and now, people screaming. She is beginning to feel overwelmed. She falls to the ground. People passing by look at her with a weird look. "Chichiri!!! Chichiri!!!" Souri screams out. Chichiri, who is lost in the crowd of people finally hears Souri. "Souri?! Souri where are you?!" He yells out. "Right there!!" The man that Tiena pulled out of the car says as he points at Chichiri. He is standing with a police officer. No one has any idea what is happening on the other side of town. "Alright man! Come on!" The cop says pulling out his handcuffs. Chichiri doesn't know what to do. "Chichiri!! Chichiri!" Chichiri can hear Souri calling out to him. As the cop comes toward him, Chichiri steps back. Then, the cop makes a fast move to him and Chichiri makes a run for it! "Stop! Stop or I'll shoot!" The cop yells pulling out his gun. Chichiri doesn't know what a gun is, let alone know that his life is now in danger. "Stop!!" The cop says before he pulls the trigger. Chichiri stops dead in his tracks. He is now in total shock. It's as if all his loud surroundings went completely silent. Souri hears the gun shot and looks around. The people on the sidewalks all stare at Chichiri. Others who can't see him look around at the paused streets. The bullet goes into Chichiri's back-side. He feels like his whole body went num.

~The Apartment~

Neonna watches as the wave clearly builds itself up. She begins breathing heavily. "Kurama!" She yells. Kurama can't move. He watches the wave just stay still in the sky as it gets taller, and bigger, and taller, and bigger. The window is still open and they both can hear the people sceaming in the street. The wave keeps growing. Finally after only thirty seconds the wave stops growing. It looks like it is just standing still in the skyline. After another thirty seconds, the wave begins to move forward. Now the sirens of the city are louder than the screams and it's all you can hear. Both Kurama and Neonna cannot move their bodies. Their eyes are glued to the wave moving. As the moves forward, it starts to fall. It looks like it is moving in slow motion.

~Downstairs~

"Kioto! Kioto!!" Mayella yells trying to get up off of the ground. "Kioto come on!" She says as she runs over to him. He is stuck staring into Tiena's eyes. Mayella does not realize this. She tries to pull on him. People begin running around them. The rain pours down. Mayella has her eyes on the wave but pulling at Kioto at the same time. Soon she watches as the wave comes forward. Then, as it begins to fall down, she can no longer see it in the skyline any longer. Now she watches as tall bulding start to drop. "Kioto!! Please!! Let's go!!!" She screams. After tugging on him for about ten seconds, he finally begins to move but with his eyes still on Tiena. Tiena, across the street, has her eyes on Kioto. She isn't aware of her surroundings either. "Kioto..." She says as the rain drops fall on her body. In her head she remembers that it was raining when Kioto pushed her off of him, while she pleaded with him not to leave her. "Come on Kioto!" Mayella says. She is beginning to cry. She grabs his face pulls it so he is facing her. "Kioto! Come on!" She says. Tiena shakes her head. She finally realizes that the people are running and screaming around her. She looks over and sees the large amount of water flooding over the city. It is coming toward her now at a fast speed. Kioto grabs Mayella's arm and they run across the street toward Tiena. "Oh my gosh!!" She begins to run. "Tiena!" Kioto says as he runs after her. He has a strong grip on Mayella's arm. They run together but, suddenly Mayella slips in the soaked street. Tiena doesn't stop. Kioto stops and helps Mayella up but the wave is so close to them. He throws himself to the ground and grabs Mayella's body. "Kioto!!" She yells as the wave floods over them.

~The Alley~

"Please let me go!" Kagome screams. They can hear the people running in the streets. "Wait be quiet!" He says. They listen to crashes and screams. "Something is goin' on!" He says. "Come on!" He begins to pull her back out of the alley. They make it out into the open to see the people running and screaming by them. "RUN!" Someone in the crowd yells. Kagome still cannot see the man because he is holding her in front of him. They watch the water come at them down the street. Kagome screams. "Oh my gosh!!!" Kagome says as she tries to pull away from the man and run. "Stop!!" He says holding her tighter. "Come with me!!" He says pulling her back into the alley. "Help me! Help!!!" Kagome screams as she tries to rip herself away from him. The man pulls on her. They make it to a door. He pushes open. "Help!" Kagome screams. The man drags her through hallways in the building. They stop in front of this door. The man presses this button next to the door. "Stop! Get off!!" She screams. Suddenly the door slides open. It is an elevator. "Shut up! Shut up!" The man yells dragging her into the elevator. The door slides closed and the man pushes the top button. "Get off!" Kagome screams. The man finally releases her from his grip. Kagome throws herself against the elevator wall. She looks over and sees the man. He is wearing a brown top hat, a long brown coat. She can't see his face because he is facing down. "Where are you taking me?!" She asks. The man looks up. Kagome is startled but who she sees!

~The Apartment~

The wave comes. It slams into the building. The floor shakes from under Kurama and Neonna's feet. They finally stop looking out the window. "Kurama!" Neonna screams. The whole building shakes. The cieling begins to crack above them. Little chips of it comes falling down. Kurama tries to reach over to Neonna but then, the floor beneath Neonna cracks and breaks off. The wall breaks off too. One whole side of the building falls off. "Kurama!!" Neonna screams as the side of the building falls over into the water. Kurama falls to the floor and lies on his stomach. He watches Neonna fall into the fast moving water with the pieces of the building. "Neonna!" He yells reaching out. Then a huge piece of the ceiling above him breaks off and hit him in the head, knocking him unconcious.
Neonna hit the deep, fast moving water. Her body flows with the current. She struggles to pull herself to the surface. She gulps for air. Once she finally makes it to the top of the water, she sees other people at the surface. She is flowing down the streets of the city, now covered with water. She watches as building collapse around her.

~The Street~

Chichiri falls to the ground while everyone watches. The streets get quiet as everyone watches. Then... "FLOOD!!!" Someone yells. People from down the streets coming running and screaming. Soon everyone is running around. People pushing and shuving. Souri is still on the ground. People trip over her. The cars in the street keep moving and people are runned over. Souri finally gets up and sees everyone running around her. "Chichiri!" She screams out. Shiro cries loudly. Chichiri was left on the sidewalk. After the cop shot him, he left him there. People stomped on the unconcious Chichiri as they ran. Souri runs over next to a deli. There are cardboared boxes right outside. Souri looks around. "Chichiri!!" She yells out. She doesn't know what is going on. She wants to look for Chichiri. Her arms feel tired. Shiro won't stop crying. She looks back over at the boxes. She then opens it up and sees that it is empty. She gently places Shiro in it. "I'll be right back!" She says. She gives him a kiss and closes the box again. "Chichiri!? Chichiri where are you?!" She calls out. People push and shove her in the crowded streets. Then, Souri looks behind her and see the water coming the street. Her eyes widen. She looks back over at the boxes where she left Shiro. She tries to get through to get back over to him but everyone is pushing the opposite way. "Shiro!!" Souri screams as the water comes racing down the street. Soon it hit everyone!

~Devastation~

The water comes spills down the city streets. It throws car in the air. Drowns people. As it speeds through the city streets it slams into buildings. Knocking some over, damaging others. Some building are so small that the water spills right over them. It floods parks and schools. It puts out fires and tosses boats into buildings.

Converting /tmp/phpJBZkHh to /dev/stdout