InuYasha Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Upon a Shrine ❯ Chapter 2 Colony L1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Koga goes into the Bone Eater's well hoping to bring Kagome back for himself but instead of ending up in Kagome's time, he is transported 500 years after—to the next sacred embodiment of the Shikon Jewel. Unable to resist the draw of the jewel, Koga in an endeavor to save his own life Koga causes the Gundam pilots to go back into the past.
This story is rated T. It has bits of smut, various POV's, humor and some horror. I tried to keep it in the true context and characterization of Inu Yasha and GW. Enjoy.
Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. The original stories belong to much more creative people. This was written in the spirit of fun not profit.
-
-
-
Once Upon a Shrine
-
-
-
Chapter 2 Colony L1
-
-
Heero was surprised when he received a summons from a lawyer a year after Doctor J's affirmed death. He had managed to finish school and was determine to struggle through another four years of college. It wasn't that the course work was hard he just had a hard time adjusting to, 'the student life,' as Duo would say.
Now, it seemed the quirky old man had left him everything. The cagey lawyer told him it was a substantial inheritance with an estate in Tokyo on earth. Maybe it was guilt, why Dr. J bequeathed everything to him. Heero had half a mind to walk away from it. He didn't. He was cursed with a curious nature besides, why turn down something that's free.
Only thing was he didn't want to go alone, or be alone for the reading of the will. He felt that his fellow pilots should be there. Doctor J and the other scientist had impacted all of their lives. He also thought it would be a good reason to get to see Duo. His supposedly best friend had been too busy to see him. He instead stayed with his friend, he hesitated to say girl-friend, but he guess that is what she was, on L2.
He liked Heidi and he thought that she was good for Duo. Yet their relationship bothered him. Maybe it was because Duo had less time for him—only he knew that wasn't completely true. They all were getting older and growing apart. It was natural normal point of life. Something that he had learned to accept only that didn't mean he had to like it.
He had managed to call and speak with everyone, except Duo who was out on business. They all said they would come and Heidi assured him that Duo would be there. Still he had his doubts.
-
Heero waited in the lobby of the hotel right off of Tokyo's international airport. Quatre had been the first to arrive. Heero smile secretly when he saw him. He wore an expensive business suit with a pale pink shirt. The pale pink was actually flattering, showing that he still liked that pale feminine color. Quatre hadn't changed much except in height.
He had already been on earth so his arrival was not shocking. What was surprising was that he had managed to dodge his numerous bodyguards, much to Heero's further amusement. Heero never envied them their position.
Wufei was next and he had brought Sally. Heero was amazed at how well those two got along. They both were dressed in their preventor uniforms. They had a few days of leave and decided to use it together. The small bit of luggage between them meant they probably were staying together.
Trowa came soon after them and he had brought his sister. Since they didn't have time to change after their last performance, they both were still wearing their entertaining costumes. They made a fine pair even though they did cause a lot of stares.
Relena couldn't come but she had called and they spoke for a long time on the phone. He was actually please to talk to her about something other than peace treaties and politics. She had an amazing understanding about inheritance and what it pertained. She even understood that hidden reservation he had about accepting it.
After speaking with her, Heero was feeling better about the reading of the will that was going to take place later. Only one thing marred the occasion, the absence of his closest friend—Duo. Duo had not called him and Heero was having doubts that he would even show up.
-
His appointment was with a Ken Yamotosu late that afternoon. The law office was situated in the part of the capital that still had retained many of its ancient structures. The imperial palace could be seen in the distance. The lawyer's building itself had some rather impressive architecture on the out side, however inside the building was very modern and spacious. Heero wasn't disappointed since it was nice to have a little space in the overcrowded city and because he had chosen to wear his most comfortable jeans and his favorite tan shirt.
"Come this way, Mr. Yamotosu has been expecting you," a small petite woman said.
She took them to a room with a very European design. In the lobby, the floors and walls were made from a very lovely yet synthetic marble of pale gray shot with pink veins. In here, the walls were solid wood with dental mouldings and wainscoting. Heero and his party were shown into a small antechamber full with almost half a dozen chairs. Seated in the front wearing a black suit jacket was a young man with long hair. For a moment, Heero thought it was some long lost relative of Dr. J's until he turned around.
"He has been awaiting your arrival," the secretary told them.
It was Duo.
-
-
- - - - -
-
-
The two wolves stared at the spot where leader had been standing. He had moved so fast that at first they didn't realize he was gone. Then they saw him just seconds before he disappeared down the well.
The two raced to the well and looked down thinking they would see their leader splashing around or trapped in a dry sandy bed. Instead, they saw nothing. The bottom of the well was empty. Koga had did it. He had left their world and went to get Kagome.
He really had done it and now there were alone. Terrified the two slipped back into the woods and waited. It was frightening how the well had absorbed all his scent.
-
By the end of the night, they were more than worried. Inu Yasha had come hours ago and he too had went into the well. When they went to look, he too had disappeared like their leader. He hadn't returned right away either and now they were sensing movement from within the well. The two sniffed the air and knew it was Kagome and Inu Yasha. Koga's scent was not there.
Both Ginta and Hakkaku kept up to the mouth of the well. They saw the long haired half breed jump out of the well then turn around to help the human woman up. They noted the care he took in helping her. This was no simple relationship. If Kago was around he would have interrupted them for Kago did not suffer seeing Inu with Kagome well. This was a sure sign that Kago was not there.
-
“Inu, I have a surprise for everyone,” Kagome said as she climbed out of the well.
They weren't alone. She saw Ginta and Hakkaku standing nervously nearby. The two wolves smiled at her and moved closer. She looked around to see if Koga would suddenly appear, as he usually did. After a moment of waiting Kagome realized, they were alone
“Well almost everyone,” she amended. “But I'm sure to find you both something.”
“Hi, sister. Have you seen Koga?” Ginta asked.
“No she hasn't and she won't be seeing him ever,” Inu growled at them.
“No,” Kagome told them, ignoring Inu. “I was in my world and I have just got here.”
“Yes, well that's why we asked,” Ginta explained. “You see he went to your world.”
“He was going to see you,” Hakkaku added. .
-
-
tbc