InuYasha Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Darkening Horizons ❯ My Will ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: My Will
 
 
Kagome could only stare at the being, cloaked and robed ahead of her. Apparently, her world was connected. And the only connection Kagome drew from that was that there were others who knew of her time traveling experiances in the Warring States Period.
 
“Whaddaya mean, my world's been connected? Connected to what?!” The young student demanded, scrambling to her feet in a less-than-dignifying way. The cloaked being simply looked at her, as if she'd grown another head.
 
`Do all girls ask so many questions?' It wondered inanely before gesturing slowly and precisely to the door that led to the Higurashi house.
 
“Connected. The darkness will soon come.”
 
And as Kagome turned to look at the door, the figure simply slipped from sight. Suddenly afraid, though she didn't know why, the raven haired would-be priestess stepped from the well house, the backpack forgotten inside, and watched, in horror, as a tornado-like black blob appeared in the sky.
 
“No!” Fearing a demon, or worse, this unknown `darkness' that the stranger had spoken of, Kagome retrieved her arrows, and began shooting into the modern Tokyo skyline at the darkness that slowly ate away at the clouds.
 
Screams and crashes could faintly be heard, but Kagome paid no attention; her entire being was focused on the huge amorphous thing that was trying to devour everything she loved. Well, not everything, but her mind was blank, her entire body ready to shoot arrow after holy arrow.
 
Bright blue sparks danced around the edges, where her arrows had flown straight and true, but they were quickly engulfed, swallowed, even, by the blacknes that engulfed the entire city now.
 
Black, heat-less flames licked at her feet, the dark tendrils grasping her by the ankles. Sobbing now, she tried to scoop it away from her feet in frantic grasps. But Kagome, though far from an average person, had withstood the terror longer than most, and the black tendrils wrapped around her tightly. Still crying, her last coherent thought was for her family, for her friends, and for Inuyasha.
 
And her will was gone.
 
 
TBC kids. Should Inuyasha be in this?
 
(Don't own the Song My Will, The Game Kingdom Hearts, or The Anime Inuyasha!)