InuYasha Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ You Will Know What Its Like ❯ Chapter 12- A Joyous Reunion ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12- A joyous Reunion
The whole group just collapsed in the snow and was panting to themselves. They had never had a snowball fight like that before.
Amadala laughed as she got up from the snow. “Hey..anyone up for making snowmen?”
The whols group looked at her funny.
“What's a sowman?” Jakotsu asked.
Amadala laughed. “Not sowman..snowman…its when you make a person out of snow….watch…”
Amadala picked up some snow and immediately went to work. The guys exchanged looks as Amadala worked hard.
It took her a while but she said,” TADA!!” as she showed them what she made.
“Wow! That snowman looks just like Kaede!” Ginkotsu said.
“It is Kaede…want to try?” Amadala asked the other guys.
“I want to do it!”
“I do too!”
“Why not?”
The group of men set to work working on their own creations.
Renkotsu looked around for something to use as arms. He saw some sticks and walked over and picked them up.
“GSH! Renkotsu…what are you making?” Ginkotsu said as he worked on his own creation.
Renkotsu smiled and winked. “You will see…”
It took the guys a long time but at last, they were ready to show off their snow people.
“I WANT TO GO FIRST!!!” Jakotsu said as he showed everyone his snowman.
“Wow! That looks like a tree! Cool!” Suikotsu said.
Jakotsu smiled proudly. “Thank you..thank you..”
“My turn…” Suikotsu said.
“Hey! Suikotsu's looks like a little girl! That is so cool!” Mukotsu said.
“Us next…” Amadala said as her and Bankotsu stepped away from theirs.
“Hey! It's a snow Amadala and Bankotsu! That is awesome!” Kyoukotsu said.
“Hey Kyoukotsu, what did you make?” Renkotsu asked.
“Here it is…”
“It looks like….ummm..what is it?” Mukotsu said as he looked at it funny.
“It's a fort!” Kyoukotsu said.
The rest of the group could not tell it was a fort but they did not want to hur t Kyoukotsu's feelings.
“It is Kyou..its the best fort that I have ever seen!” Ginkotsu said.
Kyoukotsu smiled as Mukotsu revealed his creation.
“It's a woman!” Amadala said.
Mukotsu grinned. “Now I shall marry her…”
Everyone sweatdropped. “But wouldn't she melt?” Jakotsu asked.
“Uhoh…..I did not think of that..oh well..back to the drawing board…”
“Hey Ginkotsu and Renkotsu have not showed off theirs yet….” Kyoukotsu said.
“I will show mine! Tada!” Ginkotsu revealed his.
“Hey! It looks like Renkotsu! Without the bandana!” Amadala said.
Ginkotsu took Renkotsu's Bandana and placed it on the snow Renkotsu.
“HEY! THAT:”S MINE!!!” Renkotsu shouted.
“I will give it back…now show us yours Ren…”
“Okay..here it is…”
Everyone stepped back in shock.
“It's a giant Ginkotsu! That is awesome! It looks like it took a while! Its even got the finishing touches!” Jakotsu said as he studied the snow Ginkotsu.
“Thanks…” Renkotsu said as Ginkotsu smiled at him.
The group continued playing well into the night. They all decided then that it was time for them to go inside and eat.
“Man..that was fun..I cannot remember when was the last time I had that much fun…” Renkotsu said as the group sat down in the dining hall.
“I know……the snow usually reminded me of when we were beheaded…so..I did not remember how to have fun in the snow..” Suikotsu said as he made the hot tea.
“I love the snow…its reminds me of my mother..” Amadala said.
“You miss her a lot don't you?” Suikotsu asked.
Amadala nodded.
Bankotsu sighed and looked outside of the window. He wanted to visit his mother. He had asked around to see if he could find her and sure enough, Kaede told him that she was still living in a hut not far from their house.
Amadala looked at Bankotsu. “Are you okay?”
Bankotsu looked back at her. “I have found out where my mother is at….and I want to go see her….”
“Wow! You have Aniki? That is great!” Jakotsu said as Suikotsu brought the food in and sat it on the table.
“You know Bankotsu…your mother would love to see you again….you should go…” Renkotsu said.
“I don't know…its been a while and she thinks that I am still dead…”
“If it makes you feel better, I will go with you …” Amadala said.
“Really? That is great!! I am soo happy!” Bankotsu said as he grabbed a bowl of food and munched away.
Everyone sweatdropped.
“I wonder if Aniki is going to ever get his filling…” Ginkotsu muttered.
--
The next morning, Amadala and Bankotsu prepared to go find Bankotsu's mother. Amadala had untied her horse that she had received from Lord Gorama a while back. She had personally grew fond of the horse and she even named it Ginger.
Amadala smiled as she prepared Ginger for the long trip. Ginger neighed at her as if she knew that she was taking her master and master's mate on a trip.
Amadala smiled as she gave Ginger a carrot. Then she turned to Bankotsu. “Ginger is ready Bankotsu..”
Bankotsu nodded as Amadala helped him up onto the horse. Amadala got up on the front.
“We will be back in a few days men..Renkotsu..you are in charge..” Bankotsu said.
“Good luck Oo-Aniki!” Renkotsu said as the whole group watched Ginger go down the hill with Amadala and Bankotsu.
“So Bankotsu…where are we going?” Amadala said as she kept her eyes on the road.
“Well..Kaede told me that my mother was last seen in a small hut by the Red River…”
“Red River? That's only 10 miles from here….we should be there soon…”
Amadala and Bankotsu continued on into the woods past some villages and past the well that Amadala took to go home to the future.
It seemed like forever but a last, Bankotsu looked and said,” There it is…”
He was pointing to what seemed like an old cabin but he knew in an instant that this is where Kaede said his mother was living.
Bankotsu sighed as him and Amadala neared the house.
“You are nervous about seeing your mother again aren't you?” Amadala said as she stopped Ginger near a tree and tied her up.
“Yeah…my mother thinks that I am dead…..in fact, she watched me be beheaded….I wonder what she will think about this..” Bankotsu said as him and Amadala walked up the hill to the tiny cabin.
Bankotsu sighed as he looked at the door. There was only a door now that kept him from him and his mother. He knocked on the door.
“HOLD ON!!” A voice came from inside. He heard the footsteps coming up to the door and heard the door being unlocked. The door opened revealing a woman about age 50 or so.
She looked at Amadala and said,” Can I help you miss?”
Amadala looked at her and smiled. “Actually..I think that there is someone that wants to see you…”
She looked puzzled as Amadala stepped aside revealing Bankotsu.
The woman gasped as she saw Bankotsu. “Bankotsu!??! Bankotsu, is that you? How..why…”
Bankotsu smiled. “Its me mother…I am alive again..”
Hinata felt tears run down her face as she walked outside and embrassed her son. “It is you Bankotsu…..oh! I missed you so much!! How can you be alive again though? I watched your execution with my very own eyes!”
Bankotsu smiled. “Why don't we go inside and I will tell you the whole story..”
--
“And so..that is what happened..” Bankotsu said as he sipped some tea that his mother had made for the group.
“Well…this is certainly a surprise….I am just glad that you are safe and you have found a woman to be by your side..” Hinata looked at Amadala and winked.
Amadala smiled and said,” There is also something else that we want to tell you..”
“Really now? What is it?”
“Well…mother….how should I put this but um…you are going to be a grandmother…” Bankotsu said as he took his mother's hand and placed it on his stomach.
Hinata gasped. “My baby is having a baby!! That is good to hear!!! Let me guess how this happened though…..a sorceress'work…is it not?”
Amadala and Bankotsu looked at each other and then looked at Hinata.
“How did you now Mrs. Tamahama?” Amadala said.
Hinata shook her head. “Please darling..call me Mother or Hinata…you are Bankotsu's wife after all…”
Amadala smiled.
“Well…a mother's intuition I guess you could say..So..is it a boy or a girl? I mean…since your wife is from the future…I was wondering if they could tell or not..”
Bankotsu smiled proudly. “Yes they can..I am having a daughter..”
Hinata jumped up and down in excitement. “I am getting a granddaughter!! YAY!!”
Amadala laughed as she thought to herself,” I am so glad that we could find Bankotsu's mother…he seems the happiest that I have ever seen him in a while..”
Amadala just continued watching as mother and son chatted away.