InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Urusei Yatsura Fan Fiction ❯ The Official Fanfiction University of Rumiko Takahashi! ❯ Field trip - part 1 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 14

The entire student body was waiting in line to see what group they were in. The courtyard was stuffed. Cait eventually pushed up to the front. She was in group twelve, along with Urufuakki, Alicia, Kisa, Yuriko, Yumi, Sarn val Ozan, and Alexis. Ataru spoke on the loudspeaker to all of them. "You all know the instructions, right? I don't have to explain them again, do I?"

Various murmurs and shaking of heads confirmed that no one had a clue.

"Fine, fine, I'll repeat them again. But only once! If you become separated from your group, even for a minute, you've got a detention. If you try to kidnap anyone or steal anything on location, two detentions. And if you aren't on the bus back to school, i.e. if you decide to stay, you will spend the rest of the trimester scrubbing toilets. Am I clear?"

Everyone groaned. A large group of girls opposite Cait threw down the overnight packs they were carrying in disgust. She suspected they had been planning to get left behind at one of the places they were to visit.

"Let me repeat, students. This trip is for educational purposes. Its purpose is to help you amateur writers understand our worlds and thus improve your-- ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" Ataru screamed over the loud voices of the students. "QUIET!"

Apparently Sessho-chan had gotten loose, and the chibi was being cuddled by a large crowd of girls.

"He's so cute, Pia where'd you get him?" said one, cuddling the tiny Sessho-maru lookalike.

Pia began to tell them of her plot to capture "Sessho-chan," when a large stream of fire suddenly flared over their heads.

"BE QUIET!" screamed Ten. Everyone in the courtyard stared at him.

Then the crowd of girls surrounding Sessho-chan began to cuddle Ten. Big mistake.

"He's so cute!" Ten tried to squirm away, but they were too much for the little alien.

"Ten's down!" Ataru said happily.

"Why you--" Ten flew above the girls in a sudden burst of anger. A sudden burst of fire aimed at Ataru soon followed. Soon, Ataru and Ten were at each other's throats.

While the two fought, Cologne finished the announcement. "Groups 1-5 will go with Lum here, groups 6-10 will go with Kaede, and groups 11-15 with me." Cait made it over to where Cologne was, and got together with her other five group members.

"Listen closely, students." Cologne said once all of groups 11-15 were assembled. "You were each assigned a group. You must be with those people at all times. If you are separated, even for a minute, you're in for it. Jaken's got detention duty, and he's not too happy. Especially with all these Sesshomaru-rapes-Jaken type fics going around. So just don't."

Cait shifted nervously. Yuriko, the girl standing next to her, shook her head in disgust. "Like Sessho-maru would ever do something like that."

Cologne spoke up again. "The first part of your field trip will be in the Ranma ½ world. Furinkan high, the Tendo dojo, and Jusenkyo, to be exact." Noting the excited looks on the students, she said "Yes, I know a number of you have marked yourself as Jusenkyo cursed, and many more would have liked to, but..."

Busy wondering what she would like to be cursed as, Cait didn't notice how many of the kids around her were whispering about un-cursing themselves.

"You will be led around by various guides, and have a snack break around noon. Follow me, now." Cologne led them through a door that Cait could've sworn wasn't there before, to a room with many, many wells in it, each with a sign on it. She stopped at one with 'Jusenkyo, China' printed on it.

"Everyone get it. I will follow." Cologne motioned to the well.

"Wait, how do we know this doesn't lead somewhere else? You're not trying to trick us, are you?" Kisa said angrily.

Cologne scowled. "It is. Get in."

She tossed Kisa in with her staff. The rest of the students took a hint, and got in quickly. It was like the journey that first day she came to the University, except this time they landed on a soft heap of grass near the edge of a cliff. Cait rushed to the edge, and gasped.

Down the mountain were the Jusenkyo springs.

Cologne stopped them from going any further. "Before you venture closer, I must warn you that--" she was cut off by students rushing towards the springs.

"Finally! No more curse!" Splashing sounds were heard coming from the springs, as students jumped in.

Cologne smirked evilly as they emerged. "Unfortunately... a large herd of inchworms recently passed by here, and every single one of them accidentally drowned in one of the springs."

Students were crawling... literally... out of the pools, wondering what had happened.

After a visit to a nearby hot springs, Cologne announced "Do not worry, the inchworm curses will wear off once we leave here. I hope this has been a lesson for you who insist that there are springs such as "drowned nymphomaniac," or "drowned pimp who soaked his--" she was interrupted by a crash.

"What about a spring of a drowned Jedi master?" Sarn spoke out, clutching his gold light saber.

"No. Evidently you made that up."

"THEN WHY ARE WE ALL CURSED LIKE IT?"

Cologne had trouble answering that. "Well..."

She was interrupted by chants of "CURE US NOW! CURE US NOW!" from the students. "Time for the next part of your trip, students."

After they jumped through another well, Cologne instructed the students to stay in their groups. "The Principal of Furinkan high will be in charge of your visit to... Furinkan high. Farewell!"

Students watched as she jumped away into the well.

"Ey, kids!" A familiar voice rang out from a nearby blow-up palm tree, and the Principal swung down from a vine to greet them. "Ah'm here to be telling you 'bout life here in Furinkan."

The students were murmuring to each other about how weird this guy was, only to be hit on their heads with a shower of coconuts. "Pay attention! Now, first off you'll be gettin a tour of the school."

"This guy needs speech therapy." Yumi mumbled to Cait, who nodded.

The principal led them around quickly. "As you can see, in Furinkan there are no benches where students can make out, an' no convenient alleys where they can--" he was cut off by giggles from the crowd. "It not funny! You wonda' how many o' dem lemons there are wit' students doin' it on school grounds! It a disgrace to Furinkan!"

He grumbled and paced around for quite a while, waiting for the message to sink in. Then the principal said "Alright, I tink you had enough tourin' for today. On to next part of da trip!" A well suddenly appeared in the middle of the grass. "Now you be going to da Tendo Dojo! Have nice time." The principal waved goodbye and pushed everyone into the well.

They landed in the pond outside the dojo. The temporary Jusenkyo curses given to them by Cologne had worn off by then. Unfortunately, the students who actually wanted to get cured were... not.

"Who says there's no such thing as a spring of the drowned Jedi master?" Sarn val Ozan said, wielding his light saber.

"Not me!" Urufuakki said, stepping away from the light saber. "At least I didn't make up a curse for myself on _my_ entry form." she muttered.

"I heard that!" The two glared at each other, ready to start a fight, when suddenly a loud cough was heard.

"Students." Ranma said, emerging from the doorway. "Akane!" he called. "They're here."

Akane came out too. "Great. Oh well, all of you can come inside. We supposed to talk to you."

As soon as all the students were sitting on the floor quietly (which took quite a while) Akane rolled out a black board as Ranma began to talk.

"Just so you'll know, after this you will have some free time to roam around our world. Make sure you are back here by 12:00, or you will get one detention for every minute late you are."

"Wonder what Akane and Ranma are going to be doing while everyone else is in detention!" Kisa whispered. The whole class stared at them oddly.

"First point!" Ranma wrote something on the board, still blushing and trying not to look at Akane. Suddenly, he lost nerve and whispered "Can you do this for me? I don't want to."

Akane shook her head. "No! It's your job!"

They ended up doing rock paper scissors. Akane lost.

Furious at getting stuck with it, Akane quickly wrote on the board, to get it over with. "First point! I'm only saying this once, so listen up." Akane blushed, then continued. "Our relationship!"

Plenty of giggles emanated from the crowd. "I knew this would happen!" Akane fumed, while Ranma stuck out his tongue at her. She pushed him up to the front. "And now he's going to talk to you!"

Ranma was caught off guard from being shoved in front of the students. "Umm... hi! Well, I guess there's no getting out of it now..." glaring at Akane, he stepped up to the board. "Relationship... let's see... do we have one?" A cement block to the head from Akane answered that question.

"Well... the most disturbing problem here is... those fics with us being all lovey-dovey. I mean, anyone who's ever read or seen us in the anime or books knows it's not like that!" Ranma hurriedly explained. "Such out-of-character stories... I believe they're referred to as 'OOC?' Well, they need to be corrected. Anyway, who'd want to do it wit a macho chick like tha-" he was cut off by another cement block to his head.

"If that's all he has to say, I think the lesson is over. You have 30 minutes of free time until you need to come back here. Go. Leave! Now!" Akane shooed them all away, then dragging Ranma away by the ponytail.

After pretending to leave, the students snuck back in to see what they were doing. "I bet they're going to start getting it on riiiiiiiiiiiiiight away... Did you see Akane shoo us away?" one snickered.

They watched as Akane tugged Ranma by the ponytail, then flopped him down. "Honestly, Ranma! 'Do we have one?'"

"Hey, what was I supposed to say in front of the students?" Ranma stuck out his tongue again.

"Ranma!"

"What now?"

"There is a large group of students outside our window!"

Ranma got up quickly. "What?" The students quickly hid behind a nearby tree, and when Ranma peeked out, he didn't see them.

Akane jumped out the window and stared at the 50 or so kids trying to hide behind a foot-wide tree. "Alright, you all. No more free time. Get over here to the well, you're going on to the next part of the trip. First, though, lunch!"

Several picnic tables had been set up near the pond, and the students ate.

"Yuck! This is the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten! Who made this?" Alicia said, after taking a bit of her sandwich. Almost everyone agreed that it was revolting, until Akane told them that she had made it, and it was not a sandwich, it was a cookie.

"Are you trying to tell me you don't like it?" Akane said, a vein popping on her forehead.

"N-No!" Alicia and everyone else smiled at their cooking teacher. "It's wonderful!" she said, taking several big bites, and started to turn green in the face.

Akane sighed. "Great! I knew that mayonnaise and orange juice would do the trick!"

The students who hadn't already done so puked on the grass.

******

Sorry it took so long! I'm going to be at camp for the next 2 weeks, and after another week another week of it. So a new chapter will either come in either 3 or 5 weeks. *sorry for the wait*

Next chapter: A trip into the world of Lum Urusei Yatsura!