InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Coyote Tricks ❯ Aftermath: Akane's Revenge ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Coyote Interlude: Montezuma…Er Akane's Revenge

"Come on man," Shippo said. "Perhaps you need to go see a healer or something."

"Non-sense!" Kit said drawing himself erect. His ears swiveled forward in an attempt to look majestic. The attempt failed miserably with the green tint to his skin and the lackluster look of his tail fur. "I am the son of a high lord of the People! Not some weak mortal that gets sick over a bit of ric…" Kit suddenly turned even greener and covering his mouth fled from the room. Retching sounds could be heard a few moments later.

Shippo looked over the table were a travel container of some sort of rice dish appeared to have been hastily dropped sometime earlier. "Gee," he thought, "I wonder what that Akane person put in that rice?"

Stepping over to the dish Shippo sniffed at it hesitatingly, his ears twitching in curiosity. "Hmm, it doesn't smell bad." He said aloud. He reached into a pocket and drew out a small round object that looked like birdseed. He then mixed it into the rice and sat back and stared at the dish with obvious concentration. After a moment a small mushroom grew out of the rice. Two eyes appeared in the mushroom and oriented on Shippo's face.

Shippo grinned. "Now little rice dish tell me your secrets," he said.

A mouth appeared below the eyes of the mushroom and opened as if to speak but instead a loud shriek came out. Two tendrils grew out and gripped the top of the mushroom as it rocked back like a man with a splitting headache.

"What the fuck?" Shippo said in obvious confusion.

The mushroom's agony seemed to increase exponentially as it started to grow and mutate in to an unrecognizable wailing mass.

Pushing away from the table, Shippo overbalanced his chair sending crashing to the floor in an arm and leg flailing crash. Looking up he saw the writhing screaming creature that had been the mushroom was now 3 feet tall with sickly looking tentacles growing out in all directions.

Shippo thrust his arms palms up at the monstrosity and loudly yelled, "FOXFIRE!"

Blue flames leapt from Shippo's palms and enveloped the creature reducing it to ash in moments.

Kit leaped into the room, short bow with arrow drawn and ready in hand. "What's going on?!" he yelled.

Shippo looked up at him from the floor, obviously shaken but he managed a little grin and said, "You know, I think there is something seriously wrong with Akane's cooking."