InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ It was a Dark and Cloudless Night... ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rawr! So. It's been a while, and by a while I mean years. Not only years, but 4 teenage years, which means each year is like a millennia of intellectual and emotional change. I can't promise the tone of this story will continue to be the same. I'm re-writing all of the chapters, while going back and rewatching my favorite parts of both series. Hopefully between the two I'll be able to finish it. I still have the whole story planned out, its just a matter of getting it down properly.
 
I adore the Cliché title, so you better learn to like it. ^.~
 
Review or no cookie for you! All breeds of criticism are welcomed.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, or anything related thereto that adorable dog demon. *sigh*
 
Disclaimer (part 2): I do not own Ranma1/2, or anything related thereto.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha carried Kagome on his back, they traveled high in the growing dusk of evening, as fast as the dog demon could travel. Inuyasha followed the young miko's directions to the shard that she had sensed. This scene would be per usual, except this time, they were in Kagome's time.
 
Inuyasha hopped rooftop to rooftop, by now they were reaching the outskirts of Tokyo. Kagome pushed her senses out as far as she could, trying to track the very fast moving jewel. 'It's so fast, if we were back in the past I would say it was Kouga.'
 
Inuyasha wrinkled his nose. 'That smell. It's so. perverted.' A strong whiff of the oddly perverted scent came from the direction Kagome was pointing him to.
 
The two approached a new town. Inuyasha still hopped rooftop to rooftop.
 
"Inuyasha. The jewel is in this town somewhere."
 
"Where?"
 
"I don't know, I'm looking."
 
In this town, there was a fenced in reservoir flowing down the middle. A highschool stood as almost the centerpiece of one end of the town. In the night's comforting darkness, the town seemed quiet and peaceful. That is of course. Until.
 
"Kuso!"
 
Inuyasha slammed into a live brick wall. Causing Kagome to fall off onto the rooftop behind him
 
"Ite! Inuyasha what happened.?"
 
In front of them was a boy with unruly black hair. A yellow and black spotted bandana tied around his forehead so it seemed to almost glow in the dark. He stood there looking just slightly dazed from the collision. He wore a pack on his back that was bigger than Kagome's when she went back to the Sengoku Jidai. Blinking a few times the boy just stared at the two.
 
"Umm, sorry about that." He scratched the back of his head nervously.
 
A growl emitted from Inuyasha and he was up in a flash. "What are you?! You sure as hell aren't human! Any human would've been run flat!" Inuyasha didn't give him time to answer. He picked him up by the collar of his yellow and green shirt. "Oi, Kagome, does this bastard have a shard?" He growled
 
"No! He doesn't! Put him down!" 'What was this boy doing on the roof in the middle of the night?' Kagome wondered, her thoughts running as she spoke.
 
"Like hell I will, he's no ordinary human."
 
"Inuyasha."
 
Inuyasha just growled.
 
"Osu-" Kagome was cut off by a large Ka-bongggg, as the umbrella the boy had been carrying crashed over Inuyasha's head. Inuyasha was shocked at the weight the meager bamboo umbrella had. Again Inuyasha stumbled back, releasing the boy from his grip. 'How dare this human do that? He needs to know who he's messing with.' Inuyasha tensed his hands, claws ready. He attacked.
 
"Osuwari!!!!"
 
* thud *
 
"Bitch."
 
"He doesn't have a shard so leave him alone!" Kagome turned to the boy. "Gomen, ne. We didn't mean to bother you." She bowed, and went to go collect Inuyasha, so they could continue on their shard hunt.
 
"Umm, no problem." The boy turned slightly red at the kindness Kagome was showing him. "I have a question before you go."
 
"Yes?"
 
"Do you know how to get to the Tendo Dojo?"
 
"No, I'm sorry, I've never heard of it before."
 
"Oh, thank you." He bowed and disappeared off to another rooftop, not to be seen again by the couple.
 
"Come on Inuyasha. Do you want to get that shard or not?" Kagome's hands on her hips, she waited for him. "You're the one who couldn't wait `til morning to find this shard!"
 
He hoisted himself to his feet. "Yeah well it's the second shard we've found in your time, bitch. I want to find it and get it dealt with." He made sure to make his voice was extra gruff at this comment.
 
Kagome just raised an eyebrow and looked at him strangely.
 
"Come on, we've got a shard to find."
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
"It's there! In that house!" Kagome pointed down at a piece of property with a few buildings aside from the main house, and a gentle pond out in back. In mid-flight over the house Inuyasha dropped down and landed skidding down the street in front of the gateway to the house.
 
"Let's look first before we go get it. There may be other people in the house." Kagome advised.
 
"Keh, someone has a shard. We should just go get it and go home."
 
Kagome glared and made it quite obvious she wasn't budging on her plan.
 
"Fine, but first sight of the jewel."
 
Kagome nodded in agreement.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha hopped over the house and into the back yard with a single leap. Taking Kagome with him on his back. Now he let her down.
 
"I sense it. It's out here with us."
 
'Funny, I don't sense a demon.' Inuyasha mused to himself as he worked his other senses to try and see what was out there with him.
 
"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"
 
"HENTAI!!!" Kagome shrieked in horror and fear as she turned for Inuyasha to see a little man glomped onto Kagome's breasts.
 
A few veins popped out on his forehead and neck and the hanyou saw red.
 
"Kagome, don't MOVE!" Inuyasha growled and unsheathed his Tessaiga. He swung it forth in a clear arc straight at the small creature clinging to his- er, Kagome's chest.
 
Moments before the sword made contact it untransformed and bounced harmlessly off the little man's head. Inuyasha blinked, `The Tessaiga untransformed? You mean this bastard's human?'
 
After Kagome was able to pry him off she chucked him a few feet away and hugged herself, feeling violated and more than a little pissed off.
 
"Ow . . . Is that any way to treat your elders? Show an old man some respect!" The little man stood up and revealed himself to be a very small, very wrinkled old man.
 
"Oi! Why would we respect you, jiji?" Inuyasha stepped slightly in front of Kagome to ward off any more advances.
 
"Inuyasha . . . He has a shard!"
 
Inuyasha cursed and shook his useless katana.
 
Before Inuyasha got a chance to attack, they heard the sound of the back door slide open.
 
"Oh my, what is going on here?" Kasumi in her nightgown stood at the doorway to the house. She surveyed the situation and her eyes settled on the newcomers.
 
"Are these friends of yours, Happousai?" The old man wasn't given the opportunity to respond, Kasumi was already ushering Kagome and Inuyasha into her home, in the gentle yet irrefutable way only Kasumi can. Even Inuyasha went into the house without too much protest.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha, Kagome, Kasumi, and Happousai knelt around the table and Kasumi served the others tea. Well, all of them except Inuyasha, who sat with his sword in his lap by the doorway closest to Kagome.
 
"Since it is so late you should spend the night. You can head out in the morning, or spend time with Grandfather Happousai, you seem to be such good friends." Kasumi smiled and settled down across from Kagome and nursed her tea.
 
Inuyasha sniffed rudely at Kasumi's comment. He couldn't tell if this bitch was serious, or if she had the strangest sense of humor he'd ever seen. "He's not our friend, he just has a fucking shard of the jewel, my jewel." Inuyasha glared at Happousai.
 
"Inuyasha! Watch your mouth, we're guests here!" Kagome glared at Inuyasha; a glare to match the one that he was giving to Happousai.
 
"We wouldn't be guests here if you let me just take the damn shard, bitch!" He got up and took a step toward Happousai, who was sitting at the far side of the table from Inuyasha with a serene look on his face.
 
"Inuyasha! Osuwari!"
 
* Thud *
 
"Kuso . . . "
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
*Splash!*
 
"Morning sweet cheeks!"
 
Ranma sat bolt upright, coughing out the water that made it down his throat.
 
"Gah! Y'ole Lecher!" Ranma-chan pried her supposed master out the window and got up sopping wet, cursing to herself. `Damn, what a way to wake up . . . Oh well, guess I should take a hot bath before school.' She staggered to the bathroom, stripped off her boxers and tank top, and head into the bath.
 
And froze.
 
There was a beautiful girl with long black hair tied up in a bun, relaxing in the furo.
 
"Oh! Hi there!" Kagome smiled at the girl. "You must be Akane, your sister Kasumi told me about you."
 
Ranma-chan blushed, Kagome didn't know what Akane looked like, and all Ranma could do was stare at this beautiful girl like a deer caught in the headlights.
 
"Umm . . . "
 
"What's wrong?" Kagome tilted her head. Ranma-chan's breath hitched in her throat. `She looks kinda like Akane . . .'
 
Kagome grinned and splashed the hot water of the furo playfully at the shy girl.
 
The red-head's eyes bugged out of her head and she jumped back like she'd been burned. `Oh no, I hope I haven't frightened the girl.' Kagome looked apologetic. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I'll leave so you can bathe alone." She stood, Ranma-chan's blush reached her hairline and she quickly averted her eyes. Kagome went back downstairs and changed back into her school uniform before anyone woke up (with the exception of Kasumi, who was making breakfast in the kitchen).
 
She rolled up her sleeping bag. (A/N: My theory is she keeps it in Hammer Space next to Akane's Mallets ^_^) Just as she finished she heard 2 voices arguing upstairs.
 
"Uncute Tomboy!" A male voice shouted.
 
"Ranma no baka! You can be late for school for all I care!" Akane came stomping down the stairs.
 
There was a snort from upstairs. "You're just jealous that my girl form looks better than you. It's not my fault you weren't dressed when I walked in."
 
Akane's battle aura began to grow as she froze mid stomp.
 
"I mean . . . How are you going to catch a Husband with looks like yours?"
 
Kagome covered her mouth in shock at the harsh comment.
 
"Ranma!" Akane bolted upstairs, there was a loud *thud* of wooden mallet on skull, and cracking sounds as this Ranma was pelted through the roof.
 
Akane came stomping back down the stairs looking very annoyed, though perhaps more exasperated than annoyed. `Will he ever grow up?' She thought almost sadly. A girl she didn't recognize standing in her living staring at her with wide eyes brought her out of her thoughts.
 
"Ohayou gozaimasu." Kagome waved.
 
"Oyahou gozaimasu . . . Who are you?"
 
Kagome bowed. "Sorry, my name is Higurashi Kagome. Kasumi-san offered for a friend and myself to spend the night when we," she coughed. "Unexpectedly dropped by." Then she brightened. "You must be Nabiki! I've already met your sister Akane, she seemed really shy. I hope I didn't offend her."
 
"You already met? I'm not Nabiki, I'm Akane."
 
"You can't be Akane, I met her in the bath." Kagome looked confused.
 
"Kagome-san? Did 'Akane' have red hair?" A look of suspicion began to form on her face.
 
"Yes, she did. I've never met anyone with such bright red hair."
 
"What?! That pervert! When he comes back I'll kill him!" Akane fumed. She cracked her knuckles angrily. "Kagome I'm sorry. That was my perverted fiancée"
 
Kagome sputtered. "Your-Your fiancée?” She stared at the girl in the teal school jumper in shock. `I guess Japan is getting more open minded these days. I shouldn't be so surprised.' Kagome chastised herself.
 
Akane nodded regrettably. "Hai.”
 
Akane grumbled and rubbed her temples, completely missing the contemplative look on Kagome's face, it was already becoming a long morning.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha sat in the tree outside the front of the house, staring at the human shaped hole in the roof in disbelief. `How were all these humans so strong?' He wondered slightly awe-struck. His gaze shifted to the flight path the black haired boy had taken. Maybe he could get some answers from him. After checking on Kagome, satisfied she'd be safe eating breakfast with this other girl, he went off the find some answers.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Woo and that's a wrap!
 
Review or no cookie for you!
 
Tell me how I did, please!