InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma in the Warring States Period! ❯ Abduction and Curses ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2

*~*~*~*~*

So, put yourself in Ranma's shoes.

One minute, you're in your room studying for a test. The next thing you know you've been thrown into the pages of your history text book and are fighting demons while travelling with a monk, a girl from Tokyo, a messed up little kid and an irritable guy with dog ears.

Naturally, you ask a lot of questions.

And of course, being Ranma, you don't want to make it look like you're asking a lot of questions.

"...So..." Ranma slowed his pace down to walk next to the Kagome chick, who was pushing a bicycle loaded with some kind of large army surplus type knapsack. She flashed him a brief smile before going back to pushing her bike and following that Inuyasha guy, who was slowly leading them to only gods knows where. He didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that Kagome was lagging a bit behind. Noticing the tired look on Kagome's face, Ranma saw his chance.

"Here, why don't ya let me take that?" Ranma flashed her one of his "winning" smiles and slowly eased the bike out of her hands. Oh yeah, he was the king of smooth.

Kagome gave him a startled look before showing her own, grateful grin. "Arigato, Ranma-kun." she said. Hey, she was kinda cute when she smiled.


"Just call me Ranma. I'm used to that."

"Oh, okay then, you can call me, Kagome."

"Sure."

Another pause. Shoot. He had to keep her talking if he wanted to find out anything about this place. Mainly, who was that white-haired guy that kept threatening to rip his head off, and could Ranma beat him?

"Jeese, what's his big hurry? We late for a dinner or something?"

Kagome turned to him, following his gaze to Inuyasha. "Well, actually, Inuyasha's always like this. He complains about how us weak humans are always slowing him down all the time." She rolled her eyes and glared at the back of Inuyasha's head.

"Weak humans, what does that make him then?"

Kagome looked at him like he'd just grown a second head, before suddenly shaking her own and smiling slightly to herself.

"Sorry, I guess I've gotten so used to being here, that...well..." She gave her head another shake, and didn't finish her sentence, spacing out as she watched the red clad figure walking ahead of them. She suddenly dropped her voice, whispering, as if afraid Inuyasha might hear her.

"Actually, Inuyasha's a hanyou, half demon, half human. His father was a great dog demon, and the ruler of the western lands. His mother was a human woman, but he doesn't like to talk about her..."

"Oi Kagome, hurry up or we'll leave you behind! You too, pigtails!"

...Pigtails?! That does it! "Come on, Kagome!"

"Ranma, wha?! EEP!"

A second later, Ranma had effortlessly lifted Kagome into the air, holding her bridal style. Climbing onto the bike, he balanced her on his forearms while his hands grasped the handlebars and they were off. Kagome's arms flinging around his neck and clinging there for dear life. Ranma smirked. He would show dog-boy a thing or two.

Meanwhile, Inuyasha had just barely registered Kagome's squeak in his brain and was turning around to see what snake, worm or other creepy crawler had gotten in her way this time. Instead of a snake, however, all Inuyasha caught sight of was a black, red, green and white, insanely smirking blur before being flattened to the ground and covered with bicycle tracks.

"Inuyasha!" Miroku ran up to where the hanyou was peeling himself off of the ground.

"What the fuck was that!"

"It's Saotome-san, he has Kagome with him!"

"WHAT!!"

*~*~Meanwhile~*~*

"He, he. If there's one thing I've learned from Shampoo, it's how to make a weapon out of a bicycle." Ranma laughed to himself as they sped along. He looked down at the girl in his arms to see she had shut her eyes so tightly her eye lids were in danger of fusing closed.

"Hey! It's okay. I won't drop you!"

Kagome risked a peek at Ranma's face, only to be quickly distracted by the greenish blur of the countryside as it whizzed past her. She shut her eyes again.

"...too...fast..." she managed to squeak out. Ranma felt her arms tighten even more around his neck. He sighed.

"Alright, alright, I'll slow down already." Feeling only slightly disappointed at the loss of exhilarating speed, Ranma slowed down from his ludicrous pace, settling into something that would merely be considered fast. Finally, Kagome stopped choking him long enough to take a look around. She was maybe even starting to enjoy the ride, when suddenly, she looked behind...

"LOOK OUT!"

"Wha?" Ranma spun his head around just in time to see the half crazed dog man launch his attack.

"CLAWS OF BLOOD!!"

Instantly, the air was filled with burning red arcs of ki, and Ranma had just enough time to duck his head down to prevent himself from being decapitated. What the hell? Why was that jerk attacking him? It was just a joke after all, wasn't it?

"Kagome!"

Another volley of red arcs, this time when they missed, they went into the bush and hacked down several trees. Ranma swore and once again increased his speed past the acceptable limit. That jerk was really trying to kill him, and as much as he wanted to fight, he couldn't do it without dropping Kagome. Crap.

"What's gotten into him?" Ranma yelled over the force of the wind as they screamed along the path. Kagome cringed and several more trees quickly met their demise as the bicycle swerved around a corner.

"KAGOME!!"

Kagome risked a peek behind them, only to see a desperate, angry looking Inuyasha getting ready to make another attack. He wasn't aiming at her, she knew, but he seemed very eager to put an end to Ranma's life as quickly as possible. Suddenly, Kagome realised what this looked like, and managed to squeak out.

"Inuyasha ...probably thinks ...you're trying to kidnap me again..."

"What?!"

"Kagome!"

"Oh, Crap!"

Inuyasha was practically running along side them now. Ranma tried to increase his speed even more, but he was already at his limit. How could this freak run so fast? Was it because he was a demon?

"Put Kagome down NOW you bastard!!" Nice language. What the hell was he so mad about?

"Just stop Ranma." Kagome yelped out. Over the roar of the wind, Ranma didn't hear.

"What?"

"I said AH! LOOK OUT!!"

"Where?"

But it was too late. The bicycle hit the stump, stopping so suddenly that Ranma, Kagome and Kagome's bag all went flying forwards twenty feet through the air. Kagome screamed as she saw what was coming next. It was a pond, an eewy, slimy, smelly frog pond, and she was heading straight for it!

"INUYASH-oomph!"

"Kagome!"

"SPLASH!!"

Kagome was standing next to the pond, being supported by Inuyasha as one strong arm pressed her to his side. He was breathing heavily, a sheen of sweat formed on his brow.

"Inuyasha..."

They were so close. His body was warm against her side, and her own breathing was ragged from the fright she had just experienced. Then she saw it. Blood dripping sluggishly from the wound on his left wrist. He had opened it up in an effort to use his blood claw attack earlier. Kagome winced at the sight.

"Inuyasha!" Stepping away from him, she grabbed her handkerchief from her pocket and began dabbing the wound. As usual his only response was a "Keh!" before the sound of sloshing water met his ears.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR YOU DOG FACED JERK!! YOU WERE TRYING TO KILL ME!!"

Inuyasha made a very intelligent sound like "Huh?" as he stared. Before him was, what appeared to be a wet, angry female with flaming red hair and those same clothes that the Ranma freak had been wearing. Speaking of which...

"Fucking bastard! Where is he?" Inuyasha spun around to face the pond, using one arm to gently shove Kagome behind him. "I'll kill him when I see him. Teach him to steal MY shards!"

"What?" said Ranma-chan.

"WHAT!!" Screamed Kagome. The air was suddenly very cold, although Ranma could have sworn he saw steam issuing out of the top of Kagome's head. Inuyasha gulped audibly.

"Is that what this was all about Inuyasha? You were only worried about the shards?!"

"No...wait...Kagome I-"

"SIIITTTTT!!! SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT!! SIIIIITTTT!!"

WHAM!!!! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM!!!!

Ranma cringed. It reminded him of Akane's mallet.

Inuyasha growled weakly from the whole his face had made in the ground. "Rrrr....b~i~tch!!!"

"And for your information, " Kagome continued, "Ranma wasn't trying to kidnap me! YOU said we should hurry up, so he did that!! Humph!" Kaome crossed her arms over her chest and stuck her nose in the air while Inuyasha made a grunting noise that resembled an, "Oh."

Kagome stayed like that for all of three seconds before a thought suddenly struck her. She began scanning the surrounding area.

"By the way...where did Ranma...??"

"I'm right here."

Kagome blinked at the girl before her. Then blinked again.

"B-but...you're a...and Ranma is..."

"I'm Ranma Saotome." Ranma confirmed again. Great, another group of people he was going to have to explain himself to.

"You see, I kinda have this curse..." Ranma looked up to see two pairs of eyes staring curiously at her, Inuyasha having just peeled himself off of the boggy ground. Ranma sighed.

"It's a long story, but basically, I get turned into a girl when I get splashed with cold water and hot water changes me back. Clear enough right?"

"..."

Ranma was looking into two of the blankest stares he had ever seen. And that was saying a lot, considering he knew both Kuno and Ryoga.

"...erm...You'll get used to it, don't worr-"

"KAGOME!!"

Ranma was cut short as the purple clad priest suddenly caught up to them. The moment he was close enough, that little tailed brat suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and instantly flew from the monk's shoulder into the awaiting arms of Kagome. He snuggled into her embrace just as the panting monk managed to catch his breath enough to speak.

"Kagome-sama," gasp, " Thank goodness that you're," wheeze, "alright." He waited another moment before speaking in a much clearer tone. "We were quite worried when that Ranma fellow decided to kidnap you. It's a shame. He seemed so trustworthy too..."

"Hey! I'm right here you know!"

Miroku stopped short, and blinked, confused for a moment. "Oh my!"

Soon, his intense stare was started to make Ranma feel uncomfortable.

"What? Have I got something on my face-?"

"My lady! Please forgive me, but I have never before seen such radiant beauty in all my life. May I ask you, are you promised to another man?"

"What? No, of course no-"

'Then allow me to ask a favour of you." Miroku continued before Ranma could finish. "Please, if you do this, I will be forever in your debt."

Ranma thought for a moment, "Well, maybe..." Okay, so the monk seemed desperate, and it wasn't like she'd never done anybody favours as a girl before. "...what is it?"

The monk sucked in a deep breath before suddenly grabbing both of Ranma's small hands and holding them in his. He looked deep into Ranma's eyes and said...

"Will you bear my child?"

"WHAAAAAT!!?" Ranma's mind screamed. For a moment, he was too shocked to move.

"Just one, I promise you. I simply need an heir to..."

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA...AAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Miroku and Ranma were both shocked out of their stupor by the sound of, believe it or not, Inuyasha's laugher. The half demon was having a grand old time, rolling on the ground and holding his sides as if trying to prevent them from splitting apart. After getting over his surprise, Miroku gave Inuyasha a rather annoyed look before saying. "I don't see what's so funny about this, Inuyasha. The future of my entire family line depends on..."

It was hopeless. Inuyasha didn't appear to hear a word Miroku had said as tears leaked out of his eyes from laughing so hard. Finally, between gasps and loud cackles of laughter, he managed to blurt out, "Muh-Miroku... hahahahaha...Youjustaskeda HAHAHAHAHA...ha a GUY to bearyour...your...BWAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHA!!!"

Miroku just stood there, so utterly confused by Inuyasha's words that he didn't notice Ranma finally recovering from the shock of being asked to bear someone's child. The second s/he did though, the air turned extremely chilly...

"SICKO!!"

Kapow!

Inuyasha almost killed himself laughing.

*~*~*~*~*

A/N: If you're thinking that this might be a Kagome/Ranma fan fiction, you're wrong. This story will have all the regular pairings in them. Ranma and Kagome are just friends, and that's all!!