InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Fight for respect ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2

"Class, please welcome Kenohono." Kenohono stood in a blue yukata, emphasizing his natural highlighted, blond hair. Not him! NOOOOO! I'm doomed! He's in all my classes! Help me! Yukiko mentally shouted. "Class, grab a partner to practice with. Could someone be partners with Kenohono?" The majority of the class raised their hand. He scanned at the hands and it rested on Yukio. She flinched. Damn! "That's good, but since Kenohono is very outstanding with his element, sword, and hand combat. I want someone at his level. Yukio, be Kenohono's partner." AIEEEEEEEEE. Yukiko frowned deeply, her eyes changed to icy blue. Kenohono smiled. "Everyone. Get your partner and start practicing." Ryuken grabbed Kenji before you could blink and Soujiro chose Yahiko. Yahiko was sweating.

Yukiko and Kenohono went to a wide area of bare land. She got her sword out of thin air and Kenohono drew his sword out, but unlike regular swords, his was as broad, flaming sword. They went to guard position. Yukiko's razor-sharp sword flashed under the sun. She tightly gripped her dragon shaped hilt. She slightly smirked. This will be fun. Without warning, Yukiko ran to him with lighting speed and attacked him at his side. Unbelievably, he parried it. Yukiko's eyebrows were slightly raised. Not bad. For a human that is. Kenohono just smiled slightly as he started to attack her with fire from his sword. It was aimed at her with full blast. She just smiled coldly and flew straight into the air. Without any warning, the sky darkened above her and lightning appeared. One narrowly missed her. She expertly landed on the ground and created a firewall to protect herself. He sliced through the firewall and she caught hold of sword. How could he have sliced through the firewall? With just a regular fire sword? Could it be what I think it is wondered Yukiko.

Is it just me, or does jumping jacks have golden red eyes? Ehh? She's holding my sword! What's wrong with him?!! Is he what I believe him to be thought Kenohono. "I'm tired of this game," she hissed." She threw him back and sent x shaped fires at him. With difficulty, he blocked it with his sword. He ran to her and wildly chopped at her direction. She dodged his sword with grace and agility. Then, she went full speed toward him and swung her sword. She bored it down on him. There swords were locked. The fire on his sword was in her face, but it had no effect on her. Ehhh? NOT AGAIN!! Something is wrong with him. Why isn't he scorched? He doesn't even have watery eyes! Without warning, she tripped him and pointed the sword at his throat. He panted slightly as she murmured," Game's over."

________________________________________________________

Ryuken's POV

I looked at Yukiko as I easily blocked Kenji's sword. I see her create a protection barrier, but it is quickly sliced away from Kenohono's fire sword. OH MY GOD!!!! She just grabbed his sword. Aieeeeeeee!!! Isn't she thinking right! Doesn't she know she is giving her identity away?! I'm am sooo going to kill her. I am barely aware of Kenji panting for breath.

________________________________________________________

Yukiko leaned against an oak tree as she patiently waited for Ryuken to finish. Not bad. For a human. He actually blocked my sword. No one (except for Ryuken) has been able to do that for years. Is someone actually be at my level?! Could he be…WHAT AM I THINKING! RESPECT!!!! Impossible! Not for some measly human boy! Hmph. I'll make him pay for… "Yukio!" Ryuken was stomping on the ground with a fuming expression on her face as she approached.

"What's up?" Yukiko coolly looked at volcano face.

"WHAT'S UP?!!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING AS YOU WERE FIGHTING HIM!!! ARE YOU INSANE?!!!"

"No, I'm not insane and speak softer. People are giving us the looks." Ryuken breathed deeply to calm herself.

"Okay. I'm cool. Why did you hold on to his fire sword?! No human can do that. Notice the human part."

"I really held his sword?"

"YES!"

"Sheesh! Calm down. It's not like he's smart enough to find out."

"Fine. BUT, if he does find out. You are sooo dead."

"Deal."

"Now, another thing. Your wall of protection was weak! What's up?!"

"It is NOT!!! I think it has something to do with his sword. Other fire swords shatter, but not his. He's a pretty good fighter. For a human that is."

"Can I believe on what I just heard? Was a hint of respect in her words when she said that?!"

"Shut up."

"I'm impressed for once."

"You're really getting on my nerves. First it was the holding the sword problem. THEN, it's the wall of protection. What's next, be polite to him."

"As a matter of fact, you're right."

"Ehh?"

"He's coming toward this direction." She looked straight ahead and like Ryuken said, Kenohono was walking toward them.

"When will the message get through his thick head," murmured Yukiko angrily. He walked up to the group and was pretty cheerful.

"Hi! Nice match."

"You did great too, Kenohono," complemented Ryuken. Yukiko just sneered.

"Not as great as this little boy." Little? LITTLE!!! I am NOT LITTLE!!!

"Excuse me! Am I little?! I am NOT LITTLE!!!" Yukiko looked at Kenohono with golden red eyes and she was covered with blistering, hot fire.

"Aieee! Sorry! Didn't mean to offend you! Honest!"

Ryuken mournfully shook her head as she advised Kenohono," Never insult her in any way. Don't even try to tease her. You'll just end up in pain."

"That warning was a little too late, but anyways, thanks for the advice. I will definitely keep that in mind. By the way, what were your names again?"

Yukiko looked straight at his face with honey colored eyes, decorated with icy blue spots. "My perky friend is Ryu and I am Yuki…o (Ryuken jabbed Yukiko painfully at the stomach)"

"I see…Ryu (Ryuken nodded) and Yukio (Yukiko just waved her fingers). I get it. I guess I'll see you guys later. Bye."

"Bye Kenohono."

"Later," replied Yukiko. Once Kenohono was out of view, Ryuken looked at her friend with amazement. "What?!"

"You…actually…said something…to a human… you don't know. Amazing." Ryuken had a faraway look. Yukiko's hair was blazing brightly.

"So What!!!" Ryuken sweat dropped.

"Hehehe. No need to get hasty. I'm just surprised. That's all."

"Sure. That's really the case. Whatever. See ya."

"Where are you going?!"

"My room." Yukiko walked away. Ryuken just looked at her for a moment and then she walked toward Kenji who was having a friendly fight with Soujiro.

-----------------------------

This is the FIGHTING part. Not bad for someone who doesn't watch a lot of fighting series thingamajigi (on t.v.) Read the next chapter! ;)