InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ silent confession ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter6

A few days passed and Christmas was just around the corner. Everyone in leadership or volunteers was decorating the school and hung mistletoes in the gym or anywhere they could think of. Everyone was in a good mood about the upcoming dance except for Yukio and Ryuken.

"Come on you guys," said Yahiko," take a chill pill will ya?!"

"Shut up Yahiko," Yukiko quietly snapped. He shut his trap when he saw fire around her fingers. I love my gift.

"This sucks," stated Ryuken. Soujiro shook his head, smiling stupidly. Kenji ran to them with poinsettia petals all over his uniform.

"*pant * hi you guys * pant * *pant *."

"What's up?" asked Ryuken. Kenji looked grim. "Ehh?"

"The dance…it's…a requirement…just is." Yukiko stood upright and Ryuken looked at him with large, I can't believe it eyes. He nodded. "It's true. Can you believe it! Last year, I skipped it and now this! Rrrrr! Now all the girls…" He shuddered. Ryuken stood rigid, the snow seemed to be coming harder around them, and Yukiko had a few flames around her. "Uhhh, you guys," said Kenji," could you cool it? It's getting really cold and hot here." They slightly relaxed, but the snow still fell, but more gently. Yukiko still had flames around her fingers, but other than that, there were none.

"Phew! I thought you would be angry even longer," stated Yahiko. Ryuken and Yukiko glared at him with malicious eyes. Yahiko sweat dropped.

"Hopefully," Soujiro said, "there are no mistletoes hidden in the gym."

"Hehehe. There are," replied Kenji. Everyone twitched.

"I just wish Yukio's cousin was here," Kenohono whispered. Everyone gave each other the look except Yukiko. Yukiko was staring at Kenohono with the look of bloody murder. Kenohono's face turned deep red. Whoops, why did I say that? AND at this time?! Yukiko was creating a roaring fire on her.

"Soooo…do you have a crush on her?" teased Yahiko. Kenohono looked at the snow falling onto the ground.

"Come one," slightly pleaded Kenji," just tell us. No one else will know except us." Kenohono's face suffused, his blush deepening. Everyone but Ryuken and Yukiko smiled. They watched him with teasing eyes.

"What?!" he asked alarmingly. Yahiko's smile turned into a cocky smile.

"How can you like her? I mean she's cool and everything, but other than that, she seems so much like Yukio. Especially, the quiet, secretive part. Or, maybe it's more in the acid behavior." Yukiko swiftly glanced at Yahiko and made sure his hair was on ice. "Aieeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yahiko was running, going crazy. Students that were around were pointing at him and laughing. Kenohono took out his sword and sent a ribbon of fire around his head. After the ice melted, the ribbon was gone. Yahiko was twitching like mad.

"Let's go Ryu," Yukiko hissed. Ryuken walked with Yukiko to their house.

Yukiko slammed the door and started to rant," Stupid school, that dopey dance, Aieeesh!" Ryuken just sat on the couch, slowly and mercilessly, ripped a pillow nearby. Yukiko sat next to Ryuken on the couch and tried to cool down. Ryuken looked thoughtful for a moment, while she calmly tore apart the pillow into shreds.

"We can make an excuse you know."

"???"

"Well, we just tell the principal that we have some important family business in Europe or something." Yukiko brainstormed for a minute.

"We can do that," she said slowly.

"And…"

"Well, you have a crush on Kenji, right?"

"Yes…your point."

"Well, we can tell the principal that we're going to Europe, but we'll still go to the dance."

"What!!! I thought the whole point of that is to ditch it!"

"Yes, but what I mean is that…"

"Keep on going."

"We go as girls." Silence stretched.

"* cough * Why did you think of this?!"

"Umm…I have a crush on Kenohono." Yukiko blushed. Ryuken stared.

"Can I believe it?! She is actually going soft."

"Shut up!" Yukiko playfully punched her arm. "You have a crush on Kenji, right? Well, being a boy won't help you express your feeling to him, so I think this might be good for you…and me."

"Ehhh…you're right."

"Are you with me?!"

"Yeah, whatever."

---------------------------

Oohh. Someone's in love.