InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ mistletoe and the devil demon ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 8

When Yukiko and Ryuken went into the gym, it was crowded. Many people were dancing, but the other majority was hanging around the gym's walls. The girls were giggling away and the boys were acting cool and pretended to look bored. When Yukiko and Ryuken came into the scenery, everyone glanced at them. Must be the kimono they both thought. They bravely entered the room. Ryuken was holding her hilt for reassurance. They walked toward Kenji's group. When Kenohono spotted them, he brightened up. Kenji, Yahiko, and Soujiro, was just staring at them. "You got a problem," snapped Yukiko.

"No, no pro…problem," stuttered Kenji. Yahiko smacked him on the head to get his focus back.

"Who's she," asked Soujiro.

"This is Ryuken," answered Yukiko.

"There's something fishy about their names. Sounds just like Yukio's and Ryu's name," stated Yahiko. No one payed much attention to him. Suddenly, a large group of girls encircled them. Kenji started to twitch violently. This particular group was hard headed. Can't tell the difference between a no and a yes. The leader was the first one to speak.

"Kenji, can I dance with you," she said bluntly.

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU EMI!!! I WON'T DANCE WITH YOU!!!" Emi bristled, but one of the girls kept a firm hand on her shoulder. Emi shrugged the hand off.

"Fine! Be that way!" The group subsided. Kenji sighed. Goodbye for now Emi.

"They'll come again you know," Yukiko said.

"I know."

"Hey, why don't you be with Ryuken? Since, she's new around here; you can talk and act silly. She won't notice the difference." Ryuken glared at Yukiko.

"Sure, why not."

"And I will just be by my…"

"I'll dance with you," said Kenohono. I just had to blurt it out. My stupid, undependable mouth. His cheeks were rosy pink. Yukiko just stared at him. What's up with this maniac?! Ryuken nudged her hard on the ribs.

"Yeah…whatever. But I warn you, I can't dance."

"Fine with me." Kenji and Ryuken and Yukiko and Kenohono went their separate ways.

_______________________________________________________

Yukiko and Kenohono were just randomly walking the empty hallway. Katana was trotting behind them. "So, why are you here?"

"Ummm…I just visited…because…my cousin left me a…present for me.

"Oh."

"Where are we going?"

"I just want to show you something." They just walked in silence. Are we being followed? wondered Yukiko. Yukiko quickly glanced behind her, but only Katana was in her view. "What's up?"

"Nothing." They continued walking toward the forest. Great, another scent in the air. Again, she looked behind her, but only innocent Katana was there. Her hair was on flames. NOT AGAIN!!!

"Hehehe. Could you cool it?!" Yukiko took a deep breath, trying to relax. She counted to hundred. One, two, three, twenty, sixty-nine, ONE-HUNDRED!!! She just stretched her arm behind her and felt her grasp a human neck. She snarled as she whirled to look at her captive, but gasped.

"Hikaru?" she whispered.

_______________________________________________________

"Ummm. Ryuken?"

"What?"

"You wanna get some fresh air?"

"Sure." They got out of the gym, leaving behind a very happy Yahiko and Soujiro. They just walked through the groves of trees, sprinkled with white decorating. They enjoyed the scenery in silence.

"Yahiko seems pretty happy," Ryuken said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah. That girl, what's her name?"

"Chen"

"She seems nice."

"Soujiro and Kaze. Not a bad match either."

"…" Ryuken looked at Kenji with question marks. He was just looking up. She followed his gaze and stood rigid cold. No Way! A mistletoe. DAMN. He looked at her with a funny look. She glared at him and the mistletoe. Her eyes narrowed. Damn him. He planned this whole thing out!!!

"No way. Don't even think about it."

"…"

"Hello, talk?!" She waved her hands in front of his face. It still didn't make him come back to reality. She cupped her hands to make some water and turned it into a block of ice. She gently dropped it beneath his yukata. He snapped back to reality.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!" He jumped and accidentally landed on top of Ryuken.

"Oww." She tried to get up, but Kenji didn't budge. She nudged him and he got up. "Sorry." He helped her up.

"You could have been a bit more careful." Kenji didn't answer. He just leaned toward her and kissed her lightly on her lips. She blushed deep red.

"Mistletoe," he said quietly and ran. She looked at him and then at her sword.

"I really want to kill him, but…stupid kimonos."

________________________________________________________

"Hikaru!" She quickly dropped her hand that was gripping his neck. "Sorry." He rubbed his neck.

"No problem."

"What are you doing here?"

"I had to warn you about something."

"Hello," said Kenohono, "am I just a piece of wood?"

"Yes."

"Well, our land's in trouble. The Ebisawa clan is causing it."

"Great. More trouble."

"That's not all. Some of our people just disappear in thin air."

"!!!"

"Weird, but I think it might happen here too."

"Hello," said Kenohono," I'm totally clueless here." They ignored him.

"It might happen here," Hikaru stated," I want you to leave quickly."
"Haha. Very funny. I can take care of myself mother."

"I'm serious. You might not be able to come back."

"I really don't…" Kenji rushed into the scene. He gasped to breath. They all looked at him with question marks. Kenji just pointed behind him. Ryuken, with her sword out, was fast walking toward Kenji, very fast walking. Then, Yahiko, Soujiro, Chen, and Kaze walk toward them.

"Hey Kenji, what's wrong," asked Yahiko. Kenji just nodded toward Ryuken. A blizzard was all around her.

"Kenji," said Ryuken in an innocent voice," could you talk to me for just one moment."

"Hehehe…no?"

"Well, you asked for it." She ran toward him, with her sword high over her head. Kenji just took one look at her and started to run. They were running around Yahiko, Kenohono, Soujiro, Kaze, Chen, Yukiko, and Hikaru.

"That's got to be worse then the bokken." Yahiko agreed with Soujiro.

"Anyways, back to business," interrupted Yukiko.

"I heard strange rumors about a devil demon…"

"Yo, wait. A devil demon," asked Kenohono. Hikaru nodded.

"Yes, rumors say that a devil demon has always been present when disappearances have occurred."

"Could it be…"

"Yes, it is Nanashi."

"Wait, who's Nanashi?"

"Well, Yahiko, if you know your legends, you should know…"

"Oh," butted in Kaze," isn't he the one who created the very first apocalypse?"

"Yes, that was in the early age. This is the fifth age. He was banished into hell, but somehow, he came back."

"Yukiko, have you ever met him." She thoughtfully looked at Soujiro.

"Yes," she admitted," twice actually. The first one was when I had to fight with him. The second was when I banished him." Ryuken and Kenji stopped their mad circle dance.

"Yukiko."

"Yes, Ryuken."

"Are you that old?!" Yukiko whacked her hard on the head. She ignored the question.

"Anyways, that means he is planning for the second apocalypse, but not here. Oh no. Not here. He knows I can sense him…"

"Wait," interrupted Kenohono," are you trying to tell me you were born in the early ages. Are you a…" She sighed.

"I guess I have to tell you."

"Nice going Yukiko," said Ryuken.

"I…am a…demon. There it's out."

"And…" She glared at Ryuken.

"I am also Yukio." Everyone stared at her. Yukiko gave Ryuken the look with green and blue eyes. Ryuken sighed with frustration.

"I'm also am a girl, not Ryu, and…I'm a half demon." Suddenly, her dog-ears appeared on her and her hair changed from black to silver. Everyone stared at them even longer. Yukiko and Ryuken started to get irritated. Ryuken started to make heavy snowfalls, and Yukiko, who was very angry, created blocks of ice, all around the group. Suddenly, they were interrupted by an unknown voice.

"Finally, we meet. It's been a long time Yukiko. Hasn't it? Everyone looked at one of the blocks of ice and behold, a tall man stood there. On his face was a very strange symbol. He wore a black cape, and his yukata was in silver and black. Clouds of grey dust were decorated on his sleeves and the hem of his yukata. As he jumped, very large, black wings erupted behind him. He neatly landed in front of Yukiko.

"It has been a long time, Nanashi." She looked at him with her icy, green eyes and his wings were solid blocks of ice. He just touched them and it melted quickly.

"You never were nice from the beginning."

"Well, neither were you."

"Do you want to take a little trip?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like this." He flew straight into the air and took out a large staff with a black orb on top of it. He pointed it at them and shouted," Tle mhte og ot orld fo hte ngirs!!!" Suddenly, they were enclosed into a black circle and they disappeared into thin air.

----------------

Awwww! Isn't that cute. Kenji kissed Ryuken (* cough* ). Well, its also kinda weird that Nanashi comes out. But, he's cool. REVIEW!!! (Not MEAN ones!! POSITIVE ONES )