InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Three Days In Tokyo ❯ A Meeting of Two Titans (Non-violent) ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Standard disclaimers apply:

Inu Yasha and all related characters are property of Takahashi Rumiko and Viz.

Rurouni Kenshin and all related characters are property of Watsuki Nobuhiro and Shounen Jump.

Three Days In Tokyo

By

koinekid

Summary: After exposure to the stomach acid of an ogre carrying a shikon shard, Kagome and Inu Yasha pass through the Bone Eater's Well. Finding themselves in late nineteenth century Tokyo, they must defend Kagome's ancestors and the Sunset Shrine against a vicious attack. Fortunately, they receive help in the form of the legendary Hitokiri Battousai and his companions.

* * *

Sanosuke ferries an unconscious Inu Yasha to the gates of the Kamiya Kasshin Ryu dojo, in hopes of locating Genzai-sensei before it's too late to help the injured boy.

* * *

Chapter 6

Sanosuke kept careful track of the rhythm of Inu Yasha's breathing. He had the boy's unconscious form tossed over his shoulder, and could feel the slight pressure from the rise and fall of Inu Yasha's diaphragm. Fluctuations in this breathing pattern would alert Sanosuke that the boy was regaining consciousness. Another trick learned from the Sekihoutai. Binding the boy's hands behind his back would have pushed his chest forward and made his breathing easier to read. And the surprise of waking to find himself bound would have caused Inu Yasha to struggle against the ropes, making his conscious state all the more apparent. But Sanosuke hadn't wanted to waste time searching for rope. No matter. As long as Sanosuke concentrated, he wouldn't miss any stirrings of consciousness.

And he hadn't missed any. There had been none to miss. Sanosuke's intimate knowledge of the Tokyo's back alleys severely shortened the across town trip to Genzai's office. He had barged in, waking up the sleeping Megumi. If the entrance of a brawler into her bedroom, his latest victim slung over his shoulder, surprised her, she didn't let it show. She called him a hentai, told him Genzai-sensei was spending the night at the Kamiya dojo, and demanded he leave before he woke the doctor's granddaughters. Ayami and Suzumi were asleep in the next room.

Sanosuke left silently. He would have left noisily just to piss off the broad. He still didn't trust her. But the girls-nope, they were innocents, bystanders, in what would surely be a long protracted conflict with Megumi. He didn't want to wake them up. So, Sanosuke left silently.

Inu Yasha's eyelids were heavy. He struggled to open them. It was difficult. He felt something jammed into his gut. He could only inhale a shallow breath. His muscles grew taut as his thoughts coalesced through the haze into one clear warning: DANGER!

A sharp intake of breath alerted Sanosuke that the boy had awakened. Without hesitation, he hurled Inu Yasha into the air. The boy hit the ground rolling. He pushed himself to his feet, and ran, stumbling, toward Sanosuke.

Sanosuke grinned. This should be fun.

Inu Yasha threw a quick succession of left and right jabs at Sanosuke. The former fight merchant dodged every one, gliding backwards as graceful as a dancer. He stuck his leg out, and a still groggy Inu Yasha tripped and fell face first into the dirt. He pushed himself to his hands and knees, but a foot jammed into his lower back pushed him back onto the ground. He looked up at Spike hair, and growled.

Sanosuke growled back. "You want to continue this fight, dog boy, it's fine by me. But you did say something about wanting to find that old doctor."

Inu Yasha thoughts were jumbled, and trying to make sense of them hurt. He remembered an ogre and a jewel shard. Heh. Now it was a dead ogre. He felt a throb in his ankle. Ah, dammit. He was human again. Going through that stupid well didn't do shit. It didn't even get him to Kagome's time. Kagome! Her image focused his thoughts to crystal clarity. The kid that looked like Kagome's little brother was hurt. He needed Genzai-sensei.

He stopped struggling. "Take me to the doctor," he said.

"Sessha thought you had given up fighting for money, Sano, de gozaru yo."

Inu Yasha turned his head toward the source of the voice, a melodic almost sensual voice. He expected to see a female, and for a moment he thought he did. He had never seen a man with such a slight build. The weakest swordsman from his time-that Nobunaga kid came to mind-seemed more muscular. Something else he'd never seen on a man-hair this red. Actually he'd never seen hair this red-except maybe on a youkai. Could this guy be a youkai? He supposed, but he doubted it. Couldn't explain why. But he doubted it. The scar on the redhead's face in the shape of a grave marker-a cross-and the sword at his side convinced Inu Yasha of this: This "unworthy one" was worthy of respect. Of course, if the runt got in his way, Inu Yasha was certain he could kick his ass.

Sanosuke smirked. "Doctor? We're already here."

"Does someone need Genzai-sensei's help?" the redhead asked.

"What about it, dog boy?" Sanosuke increased the pressure on Inu Yasha's back. "Why're you looking for the doc?"

"How about you get the hell off me first!"

"Temper," Sanosuke taunted, and ground his foot into his captive's spine.

With a growl, Inu Yasha stood, hurling Sanosuke away. The fighter let out a cry of surprise and hit the ground. The redhead fingered the hilt of his sword; in contrast to the weapon of destruction, the fingers seemed delicate and feminine. The gesture, though subtle, had a clear meaning. Inu Yasha seethed. He wanted a fight. Wanted it badly. Spike hair-Sano-deserved a good pounding, and this redhead looked able to hold his own. But Inu Yasha was trapped in this weak human body, and the kid still needed help. The redhead must have sensed that Inu Yasha would not attack, for he let his hand drop to his side. A moment later he raised his hand.

"No, Sano," he said.

Inu Yasha's over-the-shoulder glance caught Sanosuke poised for attack. At the redhead's behest, Sanosuke backed off. He pulled a fishbone from somewhere in his gi, and began chewing on it and grumbling.

The redhead approached Inu Yasha, and extended a hand. "Sessha wa Himura Kenshin," he said.

"Inu Yasha. Is the doctor here or ain't he?"

"Sessha means no offense, Inu Yasha-san, but you do not seem to be in need of a doctor, de gozaru yo."

"I ain't got time for this. There's a kid who got himself injured at a shrine outside of town. If you ain't got a doctor here, tell me where one is."

Sanosuke sucked in a breath. "Ah, Kenshin, if I woulda known, I wouldn't have screwed around."

Kenshin's eyes narrowed. "Stay here, Inu Yasha-san. Sessha will get Genzai-sensei."

"About damn time," he muttered.

Kenshin emerged moments later leading an old man with sleep-filled eyes. He wore a doctor's smock and carried a medical bag. Kenshin secured a hasty promise from Sanosuke to spend the night at the dojo, as long as he didn't have to eat jou-chan's cooking for breakfast (whoever that was), and cast a serious glance at Inu Yasha. "Let's go."

The hanyou who was no longer a hanyou nodded.