InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ The Kamiya Dojo ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own RK or IY, because if I did, everything I had would be made of one thousand dollar bills!

This chapter was the result of too much free time in one day.

Also, the next chapter won't be almost entirely the same like this one, because Kagome and Sango are going to do something that wasn't supposed to happen...but that's the next chapter.

I'm doing this according to both the Manga and Anime versions. I'm just using which part I think was better.

Chapter Two- The Kamiya Dojo

Kagome kept running, and soon approached the villiage.

"Guys!" Kagome shouted. "Look what I found!"

"What is it Kagome?" asked Shippou.

"It's a photo album that my mom found. It has pictures that go back to even before my great-great-great...oh forget it. It has pictures that go back to when my something grandfather was born!" she said.

"Well? what are you waiting for? Look through it already, Kagome," said Sango.

Kagome then looked through the book, and...

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------

There were many pictures, but there were only three that interested her. The first one was of four people. There was a boy with a yellow kimono, a girl wearing a ribbon, a guy with a cross-shaped scar, and a roosterhead that looked like he had a stick up his butt. In the next one, there were the same people, except this time, everyone was chasing the roosterhead. He looked sort of like he was afraid of having his picture taken. That couldn't be true, could it? In the last one, a little kid that was the spitting image of him was waving a sword around, while the girl was supervising him. What interested her so much, was that the one with the scar was creating after images all over the picture where they were chasing the roosterhead and the others were the only other pictures she could find of him.

"Well, I guess this must be him," said Kagome. "And by the look of his clothes, he probably lives in the Meiji period of history, which is a bit later than the Sengoku."

"Maybe we could try to go there by using the Bone Eater's well," said Sango.

"Well I guess it's worth a shot. What could possibly go wrong?" said Kagome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------

In 150,000 B.C...

"What could possibly go wrong, my foot!" exclaimed Inu-Yasha while running from an Allosaurus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------

"Thank god we're back!" said Shippou. "If we stayed a bit longer, that demon with the big teeth might have eaten me!"

"It's called a Tyrannosaurus Rex," said Kagome. "I dunno, maybe I should go alone. It would be strange to the people in the Meiji to see demons."

"Maybe we could go with you," suggested Miroku.

Sango grabbed his ear. "You just want to see the women in that time period, don't you!" she yelled into his ear.

"I'll go with you," said Sango. "If something happens to you, we wouldn't be able to know what was going on there."

Kirara whimpered.

"Oh, I guess Kirara could come too. She does look like a normal cat in this form."

"I guess everything's settled then," said Kaede.

"All right, then let's go!"

"Hey, Kagome?" said Inu-Yasha. "Don't get into trouble in there, or I swear that I'll chase you into the afterlife, and kick your ass! You got that?"

"Inu-Yasha..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

"What's wrong Kagome?" asked Sango.

"I was so excited, that I forgot that I don't have a clue as to where they live!" Kagome answered. OH! I know, we could go to the police station and ask! Come on!"

Kagome ran, but unfortunately, she didn't look where she was going. She bumped into a tall police officer wearing a blue uniform with antennae-like bangs, and yellow squinty eyes.

"Oh my god! I'm SO sorry! Are you alright?"

"You should watch where you're going you little chipmunk girl."

"WHAT!?"

Kagome had to try hard to restrain herself from shooting an arrow at him.

"I don't like him..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------

In the Kamiya Dojo, Saitou waited for the Battousai to come. Kaoru and Yahiko were wondering who it was that was after Kenshin, after hearing that he was in danger from Officer Fujita Gorou.

A few hours later, he returned. He found Kaoru waiting at the gate.

"Kenshin!"

"Kaoru-dono."

"I was worried about...oh! You're hurt!" Kaoru exclaimed. "Chain marks?!.....a chain...do I even want to know what? Not going there."

"Huh?"

"...anyway, your life is in danger. We shouldn't go out for a while."

"Mm? Where did you hear that?"

"From the police. The chief has sent us one of his men. He's a swordsman...Lieutenant Fujita Gorou."

It was Saitou.

"Well it seems you had some trouble with Akamatsu. You're not what you were, are you?" He stood up. "The last time we fought was on the battlegrounds of Toba Fushimi. So...that makes it about ten years."

Ten Years? "Kenshin, do you know Fujita-san...?"

"Fujita Gorou. The new name, hm? Leader of the 3rd Shinsengumi unit...Saitou Hajime."

Shinsengumi! Then...

He's the one after Kenshin! thought Kaoru and Yahiko.

"Ten years...when said, it's only two words, but to live it is quite a while."

"...yes. It seems long enough to make a man rot. Udou Jin-e was crazy to begin with...but that wasn't you. There were twists to you that couldn't be fathomed...but in battle, you were honorable and came straight at your opponent. Hurting your enemy by hurting his friend...using another warrior as bait. Taking hostages. You never used tricks li-"

The door opened. Kagome and Sango rushed in.

"Umm...hello, is there a Himura Kenshin here?"

"No. Go away, you little chipmunk."

"YOU?!?!?!"

"We're in the middle of a fight," Saitou explained. "Go away."

"But it's very important!" Kagome said. "If we have to wait until the end of the fight, we will!"

"Well, let's just start. Come," Saitou beckoned.

"..."

"What's wrong? Will you just stand there and let the girl be caught in the Gatotsu?"

Kenshin started to walk forward, when Kaoru tugged on his sleeve.

"Kaoru-dono."

"..."

"It will be fine. Right? Either way, it's my life he's after. The fight cannot be avoided."

"Still...either way..." ...it somehow feels...feels that Kenshin won't be with us, after this.

"Come."

"Aren't you the challenger...?" Kenshin retorted.

"Huh...fair enough." Saitou slipped into the Gatotsu Stance. "I"LL BEGIN!!"

Kenshin dodged Saitou's Gatotsu technique by jumping into the air, and slipped his sword slightly out of his sheath ready for a Ryu Tsui Sen.

"Ryu Tsui Sen!" Yahiko exclaimed. Kenshin's not "weak"! He's the strongest of all!

Wow, Kagome thought. He's as amazing as Inu-Yasha!

"Do you think you can dodge it like that...Battousai?!" Saitou shot his sword up, colliding wth Kenshin's chest.

The "void" Gatotsu!

"Kenshin!!!" Kaoru and Yahiko screamed in unison.

Kagome, Sango, and Kirara stared. He couldn't die now. Not when they'd just found him.

Blood spewed from Kenshin's mouth. However, he was still alive somehow.

"You turned your waist to avoid the point. A quicker reaction than expected. Still..."

Saitou slashed at Kenshin again. "NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!"

Kenshin... Tears fell from Kaoru's eyes.

"No. He can't possibly win," said Sango as Kenshin was just kicked into the wall. "If we want him to survive, we have to intervene."

"When you dodge the thrust, I bend instantly into a slash! In Hirazuki developed by the tactical master of the Shinsengumi, Hijikata Toshizou, there is no blind spot! (A/N: for people who don't know, Hijikata Toshizou is the vice commander of the Shinsengumi and the guy that Aoshi Shinomori is based on.)"

Kenshin breathed heavily.

"As for the Gatotsu...it's deadlier still."

"That form...he's using it again-!" said Kagome. "You're right, we have to help. Let's think of a way to counter him. If we rush in, we'll just get ourselves killed!"

In battles of life and death, Saitou thought as he attacked, it is rare to meet the same enemy twice. Therefore. if one has a single attack certain to finish one's foe, there is no need for lesser techniques. The Shinsengumi's strength lies not in their group tactics...but in member's mastery of his own deadliest blow.

Kenshin blocked, only to be slammed into the wall afterwards.

"USELESS EFFORT!!" yelled Saitou. "The skills that enabled me to survive countless duels, from the Bakumatsu to the Meiji...are no longer even known today.

It's no good, Yahiko thought. His strength is beyond us...

Kaoru walked towards Kenshin.

"Ken-" Kaoru started, but stepped back when she saw the expression on his face. The only thing shown there was fury.

"Move, little girl," said Saitou.

Kaoru only turned around and spread out her arms, blocking him.

"Get out of the way," said Saitou.

She didn't move an inch.

Then, Kenshin stood up and put his hand on her shoulder, gently pushing her away.

"Let's go," he said.

Kenshin...

His reaction to the second strike, aiming for the sword, had to be even faster than the first...even with a deep wound in his chest. It's just as I thought. Everytime he wields his sword, unknowingly, but inexplorably...he returns himself...to the Hitokiri Batttousai!

Kenshin attacked again.

He's gotten faster, Saitou thought.

He attacked with the Gatotsu, when Kenshin disappeared.

"What?!..." Gone?!

He saw Kenshin's sword coming straight at him. DOWN!

Saitou promptly kicked Kenshin on the chin, sending him flying back into the wall.

His speed...was far beyond my expectations.

His breathing's too harsh. He's having to work harder than he thought, Kaoru thought.

Kenshin heaved to his feet, and looked up. Everyone saw the scariest pair of human eyes they had ever seen.

Could it be...?

As he battles me, he reenter's his soul of ten years ago...he becomes the Battousai...or has he simply snapped...?

Kagome was the most shocked and surprised of all. It was just like Inu-Yasha! She knew exactly what Kaoru was feeling now, because that was how she had felt when Inu-Yasha transformed into a demon. And she sensed that it wasn't the first time either. She knew that he would probably defeat the one named Saitou, but at what cost...

"There's only one way...to determine that. This is the true Gatotsu! Thre will be no holding back!"

"Y'mean...he's been holding back?!" Yahiko cried.

Saitou attacked, which Kenshin swiftly dodged.

So quick! But he's forgotten the side slash- so he has just snapped!

Kenshin then whipped around and whacked Saitou on the back of the neck, sending him flying into a wall, creating a rather large hole in it.

"Damn! He turned as he dodged.....filling his blow with centrifugal force!" Yahiko said.

"However strong Gatotsu may be, when it's shown four times in a few minutes, any idiot can come up with a few ways to counter it. Get up Saitou. A ten year duel can't end this quietly."

"My orders are to evaluate your strength," Saitou remarked. "But I don't care about them now. I will now kill you," he said, grinning.

"Quit posing," Kenshin answered. "You know I'm the one who will kill you."

Kaoru gasped, and fell on her knees to the floor.

"Kaoru!" Yahiko shouted.

It's the same...as the time with Jin-e... "Stop...someone stop them...or the Kenshin we know will be gone!!"

Kenshin and Saitou slipped into their battle stances and attacked.

"SOMEBODY STOP THEM-!!" Kaoru shrieked.

Kagome turned around and looked at her helplessly.

Kenshin and Saitou clashed swords again. A tip of someone's sword broke off, and just barely missed hitting Yahiko.

Saitou was surprised to see that it was his sword that broke.

"Next, I'll make your head fly," said Kenshin emotionlessly, flipping over the blade.

"Whoa...Kenshin looks out of his mind!" Yahiko said.

"You're wrong!" Kaoru cried. "That's not Kenshin- that's Hitokiri Battousai!"

"DWAH?" Yahiko asked, utterly confused.

"He's Battousai again!" she said, shaking him.

"I don't get it..."

"STOP THEM!! SOMEBODY STOP THEM!!"

"That's not gonna happen," said a familiar voice.

"Sanosuke!"

"We can't stop them. Kenshin and his foe...they're back in Kyoto during the Bakumatsu- not Tokyo in Meiji. Our voices won't reach them...no matter how loud we call. The only one who can stop this fight...is someone who lived through the Bakumatsu...someone who experienced the havoc in Kyoto.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------

"EEEEE!!"

Outside, Tsubame was hit by a carriage.

"Are you alright, Tsubame?!" asked Tae.

"Y...yes."

"Feh! Riding so hard through the middle of town! I don't know or care who he is, but no one should be in that big a hurry...!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------

"Kawaji-kun," said a voice.

"Yes? What is it?" asked a guy sitting across from him.

"How long has it been since Saitou entered the Kamiya Dojo?"

"About...four and a half hours," he answered looking at his pocketwatch.

"Mm...then we may be too late. Make the carriage go even faster. Get us there in ten minutes!"

"Got it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------

!!!

"He's using the Gatotsu even though his sword is broken!!"

"The Shinsengumi never did know when to withdraw," said Kenshin.

"The first rule of the Shinsengumi, act in a manner befitting a samurai! Fleeing an enemy proves your lack of determination!" said Saitou as he threw his broken and useless sword at him.

Of course, Kenshin had already seen it coming, and whacked it away with the back of his left hand.

"With his bare hands-!" cried Megumi.

"If he used his sword, he'd create an avenue for attack," explained Sanosuke.

Saitou threw his fist at Kenshin, while the latter slashed downwards with his sword.

It's over. Even that man can't stop Kenshin's sword with martial arts, or so Sanosuke thought...

All of a sudden, Saitou whipped out his belt, and struck Kenshin on the hand.

"What!"

"The belt from his uniform?"

"When did he- ?!"

"I HAVE YOU!!" bellowed Saitou.

He hit Kenshin with multiple blows from his fist, and Kenshin started coughing up blood.

"Ken-san!"

"Kenshin's got no chance without a sword...!"

"No!" Kagome yelled. She lifted her bow and arrow, and ever so silently, aimed her arrow for Saitou while he started to not strangle, but break Kenshin's neck with his jacket, and everybody stared at the ongoing fight in horror and shock.

However, Kenshin had pushed down on his sheath, and the end had connected with Saitou's chin. The jacket loosened from his neck. This had just broken Kagome's concentration.

"Neither of them has any more reserves, the next strike will be the last. Life or death. Unless they kill each other."

This had just made Kaoru even more depressed than she already was, and Kagome concentrate harder.

They started racing towards each other, when a partially bald dude came in and yelled at them to stop. Another man came in, and Kenshin revealed him to be Okubo Toshimichi, the chief of Internal Affairs, A.K.A. the most powerful man in Japan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------

To be continued...

A/N: Thanks for the reviews people! Also, I didn't really like writing the parts with Kaoru in them, because I HATE making female characters look weak when they're really not. I would've made her beat the crap outta Saitou if I could...no offense to Saitou fans...

(www.fanfiction.net/)

The Hitokiri Battousai: Thanks, glad ya like it!

Jaisy/Inuyasha's Nuna: Yes he is.

Queen of Comedy: Thanks for telling me that, like I said, I don't know that much about Inu-Yasha. Also, did you mean CN? If you did, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TELLING ME!!!!!!

Anyway, Ja Ne!

(www.mediaminer.org/)

Rory: Thanks for telling me! I have no idea how that happened... Also, I am SO sorry, but I'm not really going to concentrate on romance that much, because I just plain SUCK at it, and I don't think I ever will write a romance fic...sorry...(please don't hit me, please don't hit me, please don't hit me...)...

lady.of.torment.death: Thanks! Glad you like it!