InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ What is He Doing Here? ❯ Chapter Three: Kaoru Gets a Surprise ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
What is He Doing Here?



Chapter Three: Kaoru Gets a Surprise



Disclaimer: Sadly I do not own Inuyasha, but if I did, then a lot of things would be different, mostly in the whole Kagome and Sesshoumaru department. Though I do enjoy how it is now.



Summary: Kagome and crew finally destroy Naraku, though things didn't come out to what they were planed to. Kagome is sent in time away from her family and friends in both times, a time in-between. She meets new people and someone from her past, but will he be friend or foe, or maybe even a lover? Sess x Kag (Okay I know this might be strange but this story is going to be a cross-over of Inuyasha and Rurouni Kenshin. Weird I know, just read!)







Kagome woke up laying on a futon in the middle of a medium sized room. She looked around perplexed at what she was seeing, not remembering anything that happened. Confused that she didn’t know where she was anymore.



‘The last thing I remember is the battle with Naraku then falling. I think I remember something cold and wet? Water maybe? What ever it was there was a lot of it. Hmm… Wait! There was something else… an arm…’ Kagome grew even more confused at that, ‘did someone say me, I was sinking I think, maybe, grr… I’m so confused!’



Kagome noticed that she wasn’t in her regular clothes anymore, but was in fact in a sleeping gown. ‘Did someone change me? Epp! I hope it wasn’t a guy!’



“Oh, so your awake.” Came a voice from her right, looking in that direction, the red-faced Kagome saw a young looking woman looking at her with kindness.



Seeing Kagome’s red face, she suddenly looked like she grew worried and quickly asked, “Are you alright?”



Kagome’s most intelligent reply came to her with the utmost enthusiasm. “Huh?”



“Your face is all red, do you feel sick, maybe you have a fever, let me check. I’m not that good at medicine but I think I can tell if you have a fever, hm?” The young lady, who had yet to give her name to Kagome, approached her and put her hand on her forehead.



“N-No, I’m fine, just, um, who changed my clothes? And while where at it, who are you? Where am I? And what time period is it…?” Kagome asked, nervously asking the last question on her list, hoping to Kami that what Naraku said wasn’t true.



It was all coming back to her now; she distinctly remembered the feel of a muscular arm grabbing hold of her when she was in that cold water. After all what else would it be in something in that great amount other than water? Water was probable, so she went with that.



“Oh! I’m sorry; I forgot to give you my name! I’m Kaoru. I’m the assistant master of the Kamiya Dojo here. I changed your clothes so don’t worry. The Meiji Restoration is going on, but how come you didn’t know that? I mean it’s not like you’re from a different time period or something right?” Kaoru said jokingly hoping to get the girl to talk and get out of her now silent and pale self.



“Meiji Restoration?!?!” Kagome raised her voice a little, the underlining of it voiced with panic and hysteria. Groaning Kagome flopped back down on the futon and covered her eyes with her forearm.



Kaoru looked on with confusion and worry, wondering what was wrong with the girl. ‘Could she have amnesia? But she seems like she somewhat calm when she asked what time period we are in. Is that normal for amnesia?’



Looking at the still groaning Kagome, who she had yet to get her name out of her, Kaoru started to wonder again if she should get Kenshin. ‘But he seems to always deep in thought since we rescued her two days earlier.’



They had brought her home, and taken care of her. She of course had changed her clothes, because well, it was indecent for any male to, for she didn’t have any serious injuries on her that need to be taken care of.



“Could I know your name, I’m also wondering if you’re okay…” Kaoru asked coming out of her mind and deciding that she was going to get something out of this girl even if it killed her.



“Huh? Oh! Sorry! I’m Kagome. And well, this kinda isn’t my time period…” Kagome answered, praying to Kami that they wouldn’t think her crazy, but hey, people in the past seem more superstitious and more believable in that kind of stuff so possibly, just possibly, Kaoru would believe her.



“Not your time period…?” Kaoru asked in curiosity and doubt, though when she looked on Kagome’s face, she could see no lies, and nothing that would shout out that the young girl before her laying on the futon was crazy. So she said the only thing that came to mind at the moment. “Well…huh.”