InuYasha Fan Fiction / S-CRY-ed Fan Fiction ❯ Yabai! ❯ Ch3: Mismatche's Debut ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Soriana: *~* gets whacked in the head by a baseball bat *~* @.@ I deserved that? *~* faints *~*

Yaoi-san: *~* snickers*~* yes you do and the plot bunnies wont go away just yet seeing as you have a few unfinished stories that need an update or rather some stories you need to post.

Soriana: *~* twitches on the floor while plot bunnies run around her room in all there glory *~*

Yoai-san: *~* pulls a tub of popcorn out of thin air and watches the plot bunnies do a rendition of Swan Lake being the Cast of Yu Yu Hakusho*~* Wait I don’t want to do the disclaimer you all know I hate doing that…

Sesshoumaru: *~* walks in a second time, glares at the fainted Soriana and Yaoi-san, growls huffing like a child- Soriana dosen’t own so you don’t need to sue, the only thing she dose own however is Yaoi-san. – Glares at the Yu Yu Hakusho Plot Bunnies and walks out of the room *~*

Yabai!

Ch 3 Mismatch’s Début

She had moved just in time as the group of kids ran up the white washed porches steps, leaving behind a dust cloud in their wake. It reminded her of when Kouga came to see her, always in a cyclone like mini tornado that kicked up dust as he would take her hand and kiss it, Inu Yasha would always growl. She would sit the Inu Hanyou having Kouga say she had saved him again because she loved him and would speed off with his two friend Ginta and Hakaku run up to her say high and lead the small pack of wolfs running with them back in the direction Kouga took off to.

She was pulled out of her revere of the past when a piece of cookie flew at her from the direction of the group of kids plus Shippou. They were all sitting around the plate of cookies, each child busy nibbling and chit chatting about things kids do. But the way they ate the cookies reminded her some what of demons, they tore at the treat with great ferocity while pieces dropped from the open mouths if they talked, or crumbs flew out of there mouth when they laughed.

Small hands and around the mouths chocolate was smeared with grinning kids reaching onto the platter for another cookie and a glass of milk, the white liquid guzzled down with gusto with a mustache left in the wake of the chocolate that got washed away by the drink.
Mrs. Smith chuckled going into the house, no doubt to get napkins to wipe the children’s hands off. The woman disappeared for a few moments as she watched Shippou converse with the other children, it was good to see he got along with kids his own age he never got to do that in Feudal Era, let alone play with a child even. He had Kirara, Her, Sango, and Miroku but that she thought wasn’t enough to stimulate him into playing with the village children whom were afraid of him even after they knew he and Inu Yasha weren’t a threat to them.

She knew when Shippou turned his head to her and looked into her blue eyes he could feel the sadness permeating the air, she forgot that demons could scence the feelings of others. She semi smiled at him as he gave her a full on toothy grin with chocolate staining some of his mouth, she giggled as Jack elbowed her son and gave him a napkin to wipe off the gooey stuff on his hands and mouth.

“Here.” The boy who was just standing by Shippou pushed a cookie into her hands, with a stifled giggle as she looked down at him.

“My names Jack and my mama makes good cookies. Are you Shippou’s sister?” he asked with curiosity in those brown eyes, she smiled taking a bite of the cookie thinking on what to say.

“No I’m his mother.” Jack watched her nibble on the cookie some more before the others called him back; couldn’t seem to make up his mind as he looked to the other children then at her answers still in his little eyes but ran to the dusty street to the group of kids playing with the ball again.

“I’m sorry.” Mrs. Smith chuckled giving her a napkin as she took it to wipe her mouth; she felt a soft vibration on the wooden porch as a thump sound met her ears.

“It’s okay Mrs. Smith.” She said watching the children kick up dust clouds while they ran about.

“So what’s your name?” it was an out of the blue question, as if picked from the random top hat with questions written in it and Mrs. Smith just picked that one.

“Kagome.” Was the simple reply that also held a memory for her when she had released Inu Yasha from the Goshinkobou by taking the arrow out. He had mistaken for his love from 50 years ago when he was pinned to the large tree. She had to spell out the syllables of her name for him, it would have been pretty funny at the time if the centipede demon hadn’t wrapped around the tree, Inu Yasha and herself cutting off the air supply she needed to breath.

“Well Kagome were did you come from?” that question got the wheels in her head working, she was at a lose for words at the moment not knowing what to say when a cry made both the woman forget about that.

Both Mrs. Smith and Kagome looked at each other and ran over to the circle of children who had stopped their ball playing game circling around some child that kept up her bawling.

Once they got there the water of children parted, a little girl was hugging a bloody knee getting the crimson color all over her hands and legs by rocking back and forth. She had long olive colored hair in a French braid with a white bow tied at the end.

“Oh Sasha honey I’ll call Tachibana to come take a look.” Mrs. Smith smiled lightly at Kagome as she sauntered into the general store/ house while she stayed outside with the children.

Taking charge of the situation she took up the red ball looking for Shippou who walked up to her as she bent on a knee to talk with him.

“What happen?” she looked into his green emerald eyes; they reflected her face in them like a mirror.

“We were playing and she tripped over that rock.” He pointed over to a jagged rock a few feet away, that’s when she noticed the little splotches of red in the dust in a trail leading over to the young girl who was still crying.

“Go play with others, I’ll take care of her.” So with that said Kagome gave Shippou the red ball while the child went over to the group that had suddenly gotten silent, with in a few moments there were squeals of laughter again. Seeing that that was done and the other children wouldn’t get involved she walked slowly over to the little girl.

“Sasha is that your name?” the little girl raised her head slowly, eyes getting very wide when she looked into the face of an unknown person. She tried to scoot away from Kagome but cried out when she moved the bloody knee, perhaps there was more then just a cut and a blood.

“It’s okay sweetie I’m here to help, Mrs. Smith sent me to help you.” She smiled sweetly putting a hand out for the child to take; purple eyes began to gather water as a salty smell wafted to her nose.

The child sniffled putting out a bloody hand tentivly, slowly inching forward till the cream colored hand with pinkish red blood was in Kagomes. Maybe if she talked with the child she would know what happen and maybe learn some other things.

“You want to know my name?” she asked pulling the child over lightly as her butt skimmed the dust gathering a pile of the stuff making the tan shorts the little girl wore a bit dusted.

The purple eyes glittered though as she nodded, she was picked up into strong hands by the pits and held with her legs wing over one of the woman’s arms and her back and head supported by the other.

“I’m Kagome, can you tell me what happen?” Kagome took Sasha to the white washed porch but decided maybe it would be best if the girl was inside away from the sun, that way she could clean the cut so it didn’t get infected and the Tachibana person whom ever they were could help heal the girl.

She could feel Shippou’s eyes on her the whole time as she started up the steps of the porch as the girl retold what had happened.

“I was playing with the others and the red ball got kicked over by the rocks. I ran over to get it, after picking it up I tripped over my shoelace and got my leg cut.” She said her puffy eyes swelling up with tears that threatened to spill; Kagome wiped the fallen tears with a hanky and smiled.

“Well while I clean your cut do you want to hear a story?” she asked going into the kitchen and sitting the girl on the tables edge, she took up a chair sitting it in front of the girl and going over to the kitchen were Mrs. Smith was on the phone.

“Yes one of the kids got hurt, I think its only a bloody knee but maybe you should come back out Tachibana just to make sure.” With a curt nod to the phone the older woman sighed placing the phone on its hook and blinking at Kagome who was looking for a bowl and a rag.

“Here let me get it.” A hand landed on Kagome’s shoulder, she jumped and it made Sasha laugh. Kagome nodded as the older woman got out a bowl filling it with warm water and getting a rag for her placing it over on the table next to the child.

“I’ll be outside watching the other kids, okay.” The older woman left outside to go watch the little ones as Kagome took charge of Sasha. Dipping the rag in the warm water she watched the girls eyes trail over to the necklace she had on.

“What’s that?” a small bloody finger grazed the surface of the crystal blue Shikon, a little smidge of red was left behind.

“It’s the necklace my mom gave me. Hold still this might hurt hon.” The rag was lowered to the dirt incrusted cut as the child took in a big deepbreath. She looked like a chipmunk or a squirrel hording its nuts in its mouth, she couldn’t help the giggle that escaped her and the girl pouted lower lip trembling.

“What’s so funny Kagome?” the rag was taken away with bits of dirt and blood staining the once white looking piece of clothe.

“You look like a chipmunk who just stuffed its mouth full of nuts, see.” She imitated what the girl had been doing earning a small giggle, she looked around the kitchen to see her pack was moved from outside to the inside the brown flap was still closed and she sighed relief.

“Well let’s get you cleaned up, and I’ll tell you a story.” Taking up the rag she dipped it into the water, blotching the cut and trying not to make the girl hurt.

“It’s called The Shikon Legend, it starts out with a woman named Midoriko. She’s a miko, a woman who can heal people-“ she got cut off by the girl who squealed with delight over something.

“Like Mr. Tachibana! Is he a m-miko?” Kagome shook her head and the girl pouted.

“He’s probably a monk, miko’s are woman. Well back to the story, Midoriko went out one day to go to a cave where a silver Kistune met her. His name is Youko Kurama, he was a very powerful demon thief, he had stole the woman heart.-“ again she was interrupted by the girl who made a face.

“It must of hurt to have her heart taken by a demon.” It was only a metaphor but she kept going, still in the process telling the girl of some of the legend.

“The two spent so much time together and got married, they had a little girl who had become so special to them. Though they feared for the child’s safety because she was a forbidden mix, miko and demon.” The girl gasped at the soft touch of the cloth and winced.

“Sorry Sasha.” Kagome said while putting the clothe in the water completely and looking around the kitchen from her seat. While she looked around the kitchen opening small cabinet doors she kept the story going.

“They feared for the child’s life and the fact that an up coming War between the humans and demons was coming Kurama and Midoriko knew they had to send their child away so she would be safe from the prying eyes of demons and miko’s alike. Midoriko left one day with the tiny bundle in her arms, looking for a place or for some one to take her in as their own before the time was right to tell her she was forbidden. She wondered day and night searching for a place to stash the child, an old dry well caught her attention though.” The child on the table was looking at her back while she searched for a med kit and found one with a cry of happiness bringing it over to the table and sitting it next to Sasha, she took up the wet rag again this time to clean her hands and her legs.

“The well could be used but how? Midoriko mused for another day and night until an idea came, she would send her daughter into the future away from demons in the past of Feudal Era. So with that in mind she jumped into the well and it took her 500 years into the future, where she met an old man who was sweeping inside a shrine shed. He threw paper ofuda charms at her calling her a demon as she stepped forward and sighed, the old man began yelling for his daughter as she came bustling out of the house with a swelled belly proof of a child within her. Midoriko smiled knowing the woman would make a good mother for her child. So she thrust the baby into the woman’s arms, told her to take care of her child and disappeared down the well.” The girl humped at that, her eyes taking on a spark of anger.

“That woman left her child to be raised by another? But why didn’t she just hide the little girl in Feudal Era?” after rinsing off the little girls hands Kagome chuckled pulling the girl into her grasp and going over to a fluffy looking chair and sitting with the girl facing her chest while wrapping some white bandages about the girls leg to staunch the blood flow.

“I’m not done with the story yet, listen and no more interruptions please.” She wrapped one arm around the girls middle while the wiggling ensued only to be stopped, the child humphed again but stayed quite.

“When Midoriko got back to her time, she was attacked by a horde of demons so as not to hurt anyone she went to the cave she met her husband at. She fought the horde with all she had, even when all the demons were absorbed into one large one. She got caught in the mouth of the demon as it tried to swallow her whole, in a last stitch effort she made her soul and the demons soul into a jewel, called the Shikon No Tama.” She had finished part of the story when the child gasped looking behind her.

“What’s wrong Sasha?” she followed were the girl was staring and saw the familiar rainbow colored light.

Mismatch stood there in all his glory looking blankly at the girl, Kagome thought she would scream but only giggling holding up her hands to be held. A low keen called to her as she nodded her head, he came over and picked the girl up holding her bridal style as she traced the strange armor on the thing.

“Kagome is this your alter power?” the girl asked wowed that such a strong and beautiful looking thing could come from the ordinary mind of the woman who helped with her cut.

“Y-yeah that’s my alter.” Kagome shakily said not knowing what an alter was but she didn’t have a choice, if this child found out that she was a demon it wouldn’t bee good for her or Shippou.

“Dose Shippou have a alter power to?” Mismatch stood next to the chair Kagome was in and then sat down on the floor Indian style with the child’s back to his chest and held onto her from the waist to make sure she didn’t fall; it seemed he knew she was hurt and keened to her softly as she giggled. The small hand took up the white armored hand tracing it and outlining the sheer softness of it, it felt like silk in the tiny hand.

“Wow the armors so soft, and he’s really big and strong, dose he have name?” the child asked turning around in the alters embrace looking at his plated chest while the girl on the chair chuckled at Sasha’s antics.

“Yes, his names Mismatch.” The girl smiled tracing the red sphere in the right pectoral, a low rumbling keen came from Mismatch much like a cat purring.

“It suits him, and I didn’t know alters could purr.” The child laughed while the white eyes of the purring alter looked at her, he couldn’t smile but Kagome could feel his confusion.

“I’ll tell you later okay, Sasha are you feeling any better?” the girl nodded in the altars lap when the door opened and some one came in, Kagome tensed up but noticed the aura.

Shippou had been worried for his mom; she had been in the house for a while and wondered if the girl named Sasha was okay. He had left the group of kids in the street to by pass Mrs. Smith who nodded to him on the porch. He felt then that Mismatch was with his mother and would be fine, so with a smile on his face went into the house.

Laughter rang throughout the house as he found his way to the kitchen and out into a living room, his mother was occupying a fluffy comfortable looking chair while Mismatch was sitting Indian style on the floor, next to the chair with Sasha in his lap. She seemed to be exploring the strange smooth armor, he stepped into the living room area as the attention shifted to him.

“Hey Mom is Sasha okay?” he asked walking over to her and climbing into her lap, she threaded her fingers through his rusty red hair and hummed.

“Yes she’ll be fine, but I’d like to wait for this Tachibana person to show up.” The fox kit blinked was she looking for a mate or was there another reason. She seemed to see the sparkle in his eyes because she spoke up again.

“Sasha here likes my altar, so I want to see what kind Tachibana has.” The girl squealed with delightfulness as Mismatch got up holding her out straight and put both his hands under her stomach and making it look like she was flying. He moved her back and forth lightly in the air, more giggles erupted from the girl as she yelled faster, Mismatch complied going faster but not to much.

“It seems she likes Mismatch ne?” Kagome looked down into her lap at Shippou as he watched the two playing. He nodded his head to her question; he had only had his dad for some time, that much his adopted mother knew. Some times he would see his father in Inu Yasha or Miroku, perhaps it was time he got another father for himself and Kagome.

“Yes it dose, makes me miss dad.” He whispered as he scooped up into loving arms that squeezed lightly to help the sadness go away, her cheek nuzzled his in a comforting way while Mismatch stood in front of the two now.

“Time to go already? I suppose we’ll see you at home then.” Kagome said while Shippou hopped off her lap and smiled at the altar.

“Since I know Sasha is okay I’m going to tell the others.” The boy scampered off into the kitchen and out the door to tell his fellow friends that the girl was fine.

A low keen was heard as Mismatch put the girl back in her lap, Sasha had tears in her eyes as she reached out a hand to the white armor holding onto a finger.

“Promise to visit me?” asked the child as tiny tracks began to race down her pale swollen cheeks again, the altar nodded and disappeared in a shower of rainbow light that fell around Sasha and herself; the fire works show made the girl smile as the tears stopped.

“I’m tired.” The girl whispered against a small hand that stifled a yawn, she crawled father into her lap and snuggled into her stomach curling up like a kitten. Even breathing signaled that she was sleeping; a semi smile was on the sleeping child’s face as Kagome sighed waiting for this Tachibana to get here.

She should have asked the child what he looked like and what kind of altar power he has; she already knew he was a healer and probably not a houshi. She didn’t see nor did she sence any that rivaled two auras that were dangerously close to this house; she wasn’t worried for Shippou and didn’t think the child needed to know. She had followed the energies all the while listening to the children play.

She got nervous though when one of the energies started moving closer and closer to the village, she held the girl softly cooing in her ears. She would have to leave soon with Shippou to get some things for the cave home, yeah she would of liked wood like this but a cave was better because it was made of rock and could withstand a tornado she was sure though that the weather here was sunny.

Kagome found that without her own knowledge she was petting the girls hair as the little bundle sighed, which made her smile lightly.

Else ware the so-called Doctor Tachibana was in the monitor room with Mimori, he saw she had an empty cup of Ramen next to the computer she was typing on.

“So you went out for lunch?” he asked going over to the desk and taking up the empty cup in hand, she looked up from her document on the screen, brown eyes looking at his dark green with a smile forming on her lips while she nodded.

“Yeah but the company was lousy.” He chuckled putting the empty cup in the trash bin.

“So wheres Ryuhou, Cougar, and Eelian?” crossing his hand in front of his chest he waited while she clicked at the keys again, this time not taking her eyes from the glowing screen.

“Ryuhou went to look for the strange energy signature, Eelian is still here but he’s sleeping I think he had another relapse of depression about his father. Cougar went to go look for Kazuma in a neighboring village near the one you treated that little girl in.” Tachibana sighed looking at the girl, she would be here for quite some time doing documents, watching the energy monitors like a hawk.

He didn’t want to intrude on Eelian because he couldn’t deal with the death issue at the moment. With a sigh he walked out of the room with Mimori’s face still in front of the screen while he walked out to the hall.

His thoughts turned to his girl friend, she was beautiful but she left him when he decided he would live out here in the mainland after being kicked out of Holy. She was the light of his life, but he then found out to little to late that he was so obsessed with his work he never gave her the time he should have, dark green eyes turned almost black at that thought and now he was alone. Not really alone he had the others to keep him in friendly company but what about love shared between a woman and a man?

He fingered the necklace that had a cut out picture of them in it, he didn’t have the heart to get rid of the oval necklace and always kept it hidden underneath his shirts.

Entering the kitchen he went over to the fridge to yank out a can of soda, he sat at the island in a stool popping the tab that made a shhhh sound from the carbon in the drink. He took a few gulps trying to drown out the memory of being alone, the soda bubbled tickling his nose and tongue. The soda was supposed to taste sweet but to him it was bitter, the memories seemed to change the taste of a lot of things, even his taste in woman seemed to go down the tubes.

Hell even thinking about the little girl Kanami made him blue, the child had potential with her mind altar but she got killed like Jigmar was by the Mujo incident, now he saw why Eelian was so sad all the time.

A buzzing noise startled him as he looked over to the phone on the wall, putting down the half drank soda he walked over and picked up the phone.

“Hello HAV.” He said dully when the other voice on the line sounded panicked.
“What? Sasha has a bloody knee?” he frowned hearing tears in the background and a woman he didn’t know talking to the child.

“Alright I’ll be over as soon as I can.” With that he hung up the phone, walking back over to the island and trashing the half done soda.

Running down the stairs he almost collided with Eelian, who blinked somewhat dazedly.

“You alright Eelian?” he asked because of the boys rumpled state, his hair always messy, a shirt with a rip where his stomach was and a bit of blood splattered onto the hem of his shorts.

“I’m fine, just hungry.” Was the weak whispering reply as he walked slowly up the stairs, Tachibana watching him as he turned the corner making sure the boy didn’t fall down or faint.

Once he turned the corner Tachibana ran down the rest of the flight of stairs and into his room, turning it upside down for his keys when he remerged they were still in his pocket. Picking up his med bag he took up his coat and ran out into the hall almost knocking Mimori over.

“What’s going on?” she asked stretching with hands high in the air.

“Sasha got hurt so I have to go back to the village to see if she’s okay.” The girl in front of him bit her lip and nodded as he headed off down the rest of the hall and out to his cart car.

The cart car was started when he turned the key in the ignition; it kicked up dust as he raced across the barren land light speed.

His thoughts how ever were turned to the memory of Kanami, when Mujo was being fought.

It had been his job to get the girl out and he could have if she didn’t race back in to get to Kazuma, the ceiling of the Holy building fell on her. Her face was so distorted in pain; blood trickled down her face into her eyes as she smiled lightly. He couldn’t stand the pain she was in, he tried to heal her with his ‘Eternally Eight’ but his altar wouldn’t let him heal her, it just wouldn’t.
Wetness trailed down his cheeks, each jeweled pearl dropping onto his shirt and a few into his mouth as his windpipe closed and opened in an attempt to get the lump in his throat out. This is what kept him going and doing all he could to help the little kids, to do for them what he couldn’t for Kanami; the memory of her spurred him to do his best and brought on the tears of joy and sadness when little children were better.

He didn’t have long to drive because he was there now, parking the cart car next to a dust pile and wiping his eyes of the wetness he got out grabbing his med bag and making his way towards the group of kids who were playing with a red ball and it looked like a new child was added to the group the one that came out of the Smiths house.

“Hey guys!” the new child waved over the group as they ran over to meet him halfway.

“My mom says Sasha will be fine.” The child with rust colored hair said while Jack went over and glomped the boy making him fall down.

“Shippou your mom is pretty, she should go out with Tachibana, Kazuma, or Ryuhou!” he squealed in the other boy’s face, while Shippou squirmed from under the impact and giggled sitting up.

“No my mom isn’t looking for a mate right now, sides from what I heard of this Kazuma guy he acts to much like Inu Yasha and might up set her.” With that said the group began picking teams for soccer.

“Shippous on my team!” Jack said before Tachibana cleared his throat, the child hurled himself at him and latched onto his leg with a death grip.

“Your back! You came to see Sasha right?” the child squealed with delight as he a scrupulous look from Shippou, who at the moment seemed to be assessing him by circling around him a few times and sniffing here and there about him. With a respective nod on the boy’s the rusty red haired boy latched onto his other leg while Tachibana brought them walking over to the porch were Mrs. Smith was sitting.

“Hello Asuka.” She said while he talked over his shoulder.

“No formalities Maria, just Tachibana.” He gave her a wave disappearing into the house with weights on his feet. So through the store front, into the kitchen and then to the living room halfway to the blue chair.

“Shippou!” a female voice whispered harshly as the boy on his left leg grumbled but let go and walked over to her and peered into her lap.

“Sorry about that, I don’t know what got into him.” He walked over to where the boy was looking and found a girl about Ryuhou and Kazuma’s age sitting with the small girl snuggling into her.

“It seems you already dressed her wound, but I need to see if she broke any bones. Mind moving her over to the couch so I can take a look?” he replied and gestured with a hand, she gave a nod and smile, Jack at that time dislodged himself from the right foot.

The girl was laid out on the couch as Tachibana called upon ‘Eternity Eight’ at the moment the girls eyes opened and she giggled.

“Kagome is Mismatch coming back?” she asked watching the rainbow lights dance, but instead of the multi-colored armor clad worrier there were eight glowing green spheres, she screamed seeming a little disoriented.

“It’s okay Sasha, this is Tachibana and his altar remember?” Jack came up to the little girl patting her shoulder trying to comfort her. With a little nod to Jack he took a step back and nodded to the older that smiled.

“Sasha close your eyes okay.” Tachibana said while the girl complied four of his spheres melted into her leg one by one as he to closed his eyes. It seemed there was more then just a dressing to do for a bloody cut. He called upon the healing of his altar next speaking to the girl.

“This might sting a little Sasha.” He said while the two little boys walked to the side of the couch and Kagome went over with them holding her small hand.

Tachibana had to have complete silence to do this for concentration was needed to built up the bone marrow and reconnect the bones fusing them together, bone reconstruction was harder to do then tendons or muscle tissue.

It was a wonder that those two boys were silent but he thanked whatever God was watching and listening to have the silent.

Perspiration began to collect on his brow as while the shrunken green colored spheres browsed down the fibula and founds its way to the tarsals, another of them went up the fibula to the tibia searching the areas looking for anything broken or cracked.

A third sphere found an abnormality in the knee bone, pieces of the patella were chipped off and there was a hairline factor in it almost breaking it in half.

The fourth glowing green sphere found the muscle and tissue that holds the patella and the upper part of the tibia together was severed, he was amazed this girl didn’t feel any pain.

So now that those four green spheres began to disappear the other four went into her leg to start the procedure now that he knew what needed to done.

He began by filling in the cracks with fresh proteins and minerals waiting for the softened collagen to harden before putting more and more in the fill up the hairline fracture. It took only a few moments for that part, so next would be to get the muscle tissue to grown back.

The sphere found the remaining muscle tissue, a small string that thankfully didn’t get shredded all the way. So going with what was there and knowing how the muscle tissue worked he began to pieces it together one at a time, first the smallest bit of tissue was grown, not to long but a small bit. He made sure to make it flexible because that’s actually how some muscle tissue is, especially in front and in back of the legs, same goes for the elbows and wrists of the hand.

He could hear a slight crying noise, it was from Sasha she was sniffling and he was almost done. A small laugh was heard next as Kagome shushed her, Jack squeaked as something went thump on the floor and Shippou giggled next. Tachibana could now open his eyes seeing as the last bit would happen on its own, he found an interesting sight that befell his vision.

Sasha blinked at Jack who had some how tripped over his own shoe laces seeing as they were untied at the moment, Kagome smiled a hand on her mouth trying to stop a giggle. Shippou was giggling on the floor apparently he had fallen.

“What’s so funny?” he asked as Kagome handed him a handkerchief from out of her black pants. He took it wiping his face blushing sheepishly giving it back to her.

“It’s okay I’ll wash it. Didn’t have cooties did it?” she teased putting out a hand as he took it and was pulled up, he gave back the lacey black and red hanky to her.

“Will she be okay?” the day seemed to of warn out Sasha as both Kagome and Tachibana looked at the girl on the couch, her little eyes blinked at half-mast.

“Yeah she will, just needs to rest for a week or two.” Tachibana sighed sitting down next to the girl and placed his ear to her chest, listening to her heartbeat while the girl wiggled a bit.

Kagome knew Tachibana would take care of the girl that ‘Eternally Eight’ was awesome looking, but she rather be as she is a demon miko.

“Kagome you never told me the rest of the story.” Sasha said yawning; she tried to stay awake for the teen girl as she sat on the other edge of the couch.

“The Shikon Story is very long, how about I tell you the next part and you rest.”

“Nooo.” She pouted sitting up as Tachibana propped up the small leg with a pillow, she relenqushed and waited for the child to get comfertable.

“I already heard the story and Jack wants to go play with the other kids is that okay mom?” Shippou walked over to her as she nodded with a smile, watching them run out of the living room.

She had a chance now to take a closer look at Tachibana as he helped situate Sasha. He was a foot taller then her with creamy white skin, dark green eyes that glittered like twin jewels and short purple locks of hair that fell over his child like visage.

“Where did I stop at?” she asked Sasha with a smile while Tachibana sat Indian style on the floor next to the little girl.

“Midoriko made the Shikon Jewel from her and the demons souls!” with that said Kagome straightened up and began spinning the next part of her life story like a tale.

“After the Shikon No Tama was made her mate knew she had died and wanted to burry the body, but he couldn’t get into the cave or near where the cave was. Do you know why?” she asked the two, who both blinked at her confused.

“Why?” Sasha asked with much fervor, shaking a bit in anticipation.

“Because surrounding the hill that the cave sat atop was a demon exterminator village, they were there to guard the miko’s remains and the Shikon Jewel from the prying eyes and claws of demon alike. This saddened Youko Kurama because not only could he not see his mate but also he couldn’t get inside the village because of being a demon. For you see silver kitsunes or kitsunes in general are very good tricksters and magic weavers. So he put on an illusion, he was an old wrinkly houshi with a staff and a leather pouch with ofuda. So when he rapt on the gates to the village they let him in and he went to miko’s cave, there he saw his mate in a frozen stalagmite picture; frozen from the time of death. Even in this state she was still beautiful even though void of creamy skin, sky blue eyes and the once lively feel of her heartbeat she was still a sight to behold.” She took a breath and smiled at the two sets of widened eyes, Sasha looked like she was going to cry and Tachibana well his eyes were almost bugging out of his head.

“The picture itself was plain and simple to see really, miko’s and demons fought each other because that was the way it worked and should work. But those two some how found a loophole, now as Youko stood there he frowned his mate’s body was halfway in the mouth of a large collection of demons. Her lovely eyes shut and mouth ajar, but the strangest sight was were her heart once resided, for there was a hole in her chest. He sniffed around finding the permeated air of magic; it was souly focused around and on his mate. The next task for him now was the find her heart, return it, and then steal an ancient artifact to bring her back to life.” The room was thick with tension one could cut with a knife; Sasha was playing with the large pillows frills watching her with large eyes as the youngman just arched an eyebrow at her this time.

“Well Youko did steal an artifact, it was the Shikon said to give the possessor great powers and a wish to be granted. He only wanted the wish part but unfortunately for him he was being hunted that night; his attempts to escape however were futile, some where along the way he had even lost the precious jewel. So in an effort to preserve himself for the future to get back his mate he did kitsune magic by removing his soul from his body and going to purgatory until one day he could find an avatar to inhabit and find his daughter in the future. Until then his soul would watch over the tombed cave his mate resided in.” She heard sniffles coming from the child as a tear made its way down her cheek. Kagome lifted her hand; thumb stroking it away with a soft swipe.

“So sad, the kitsune man didn’t get to see his miko mate again.”

“No I suppose they didn’t get to meet.” She frowned not noticing that Tachibana watched her every move, but she put on that all to famous cheery façade.

“You forgot Sasha, Midoriko and Youko had a child. But that’s another story and adventure for when we come back to visit. I promise me and Shippou will come back.” This made the girl smile at Kagome; she was still playing with the frills on the pillow.

Sasha smiled at Kagome knowing if she and Shippou came then Mismatch would come with them, she watched the older girl walk out with Tachibana and closed her eyes.

“You really are good with children Kagome. Would you like a job as my assistant in doing healing jobs?” she looked over Tachibana who was giving the puppy dog eyes begging her but she had to decline; she had enough on her plate as it was. True she needed a job to pay for the food supplies but she could sell fruits and things from the small bit of forest, the kitsune in her really wanted to teach her about healing as well.

“I’m sorry Tachibana but I must decline, there are other engagements that come first.” Like saving the world from impending doom by the heart of Naraku for one.

“Okay but if you change your mind about it I’ll be around. Oh you can also talk to a few of the guys that patrol here their names are Cougar, Eelian, Ryuhou, and Kazuma. Though I think Eelian is out of patrolling for awhile.” She nodded leaning against a rail post on the porch watching the children again, that’s when she sighed.

“I forgot I was coming here for supplies.” As she turned to go back inside for her pack Mrs. Smith came out with her pack in hand looking a bit more heaver then when she first came.

“I took the liberty of giving you some food provisions, a hammer, some nails, blankets and here.” The older woman gave Kagome a stack of four fluffy pillows that’s when Shippou came over with a smile on his face.

“Want me to carry those mom?” he asked as she nodded her head giving the pillows to him and taking her pack from Mrs. Smith, she looked out into the sky to see the afternoon wasn’t there anymore and it was almost dark.

“I didn’t know it this late already.” She hugged Mrs. Smith thanking her.

“Thanks this really helps, do want me to pay for it?” she asked going into the pack when two hands landed on the one digging in the pack.

“No dear, you deserve to have these things for helping out Sasha. Not a lot of people would have stayed when Tachibana came to heal her.” She frowned while Kagome was confused, she put the flap on the pack back and locked it in place while slipping it over he shoulder, the mentioned youngman was now sitting on the steps watching the children being called to their respective homes to get dinner and go off to bed. He seemed to be entranced or to stare dreamily at the site.

“It’s because he is an altar user, a few people here know he won’t hurt anyone that’s he’s a nice person. But others are still afraid of altars, the way their parents taught them and now that they’re grown up they’re teaching the little ones the same thing. The cycle of hatred must end, but I don’t know where to start.” Mrs. Smith looked old in that one secular moment, wisdom oozed from her for it seems she had seen mnay things in her life time even if it wasn’t demons or miko’s, she had seen the hatred of human kind towards others. It wasn’t a racial issue or even that fact of different colors oh no, it was the fact of being different that seems to scar people back into their own shelled up lives of the same things over and over again. Bland food might be good to some but others like a little spice in life, then it comes down to why would they hate what they don’t understand? Simple…its human nature to reject that which dosen’t look, dress, walk, or even talk the same as them. Change it seems is something to be feared instead of embraced with welcoming arms and comforting words, not pushing away and yelling.

“I understand Maria, I’ve seen this kind of thing as well but for what it’s worth the gift given to anyone who uses it like Tachibana is a worthwhile friend in my book.” Both shared a wry smile as the mentioned youngman didn’t seem to hear them, at that moment Jack came sauntering up and plopped himself into the purple haired boys lap.

“Will you come by tomorrow?” he gave the infamous puppy dog eyes that got the child to squeal and hug Tachibana’s neck tightly.

“I had better get going Mrs. Smith, come on Shippou.” She said to the pile of pillows that stood next to her, with a huff of breath and a wave from Kagome they were off into the dusty sunset to go home to their little abode, she would put Shippou to sleep and then cure the land of the scars it had. Maybe it would bring peace and some creatures to it, what kind she didn’t know.

She began thinking on what the scars in the dirt reminded her of, it was like an animal with three large nails dug into the earth but that’s not right she didn’t and can’t scence any demon auras here. The only ones that are strong enough to even come close to her own power are two aura, one to the east of the village and another south near the forest. She and Shippou would have to be careful going back home; she just hopped Mismatch wont show up.

Another thought came up, what was an alter? She saw one made firsthand; it seemed to be composed of any kind of mater formulated into some kind of form made from the mind. Tachibana’s was eight green spheres called ‘Eternally Eight’ a healing regiment, did that mean Mismatch was a warrior altar? Perhaps another time to think would be in order she mused, as they got closer to the steep rocky hill.

Ryuhou had been scouring around the village and out into the dusty bowl of rocks. It seemed nothing was out here at the moment, except for a bramble bush that blew across the dust in a cowboy sort of fashion. He had a radio communicator with him just in case he was needed back at the but it seemed they hadn’t needed anything since it had 4 hours since he first stated looking around.

His mind then turned to the girl he bumped into, she did seem strange and a bit odd. When bumping into her he felt the muscles underneath her fish net and red shirt, she seemed to work out though looking delicate one must presume pretty things are dangerous. He had helped her and went on his way though not without feeling the weight of a fiery glare on his back. Once he got back home he would look up the village database to see whom she was.

Oh yes that came in handy for the humans and the altar users. It was a data base that gave full name, which village they lived in, eyes color, skin color, hair color, birth date, age, est. It also gave a brief bio of how they came to live on the land or where so and so migrated from to come live here.

Ever since then they had added quite a few people to the still rowing lists to the occupants of the mainland, though it was still large and only a few villages were scattered here and there they still had lots of people living in one area.

The largest village by far is the one their closest to, Tachibana always goes there to visit with the little kids and to treat and or check up on how his latest patients are doing.

But one way or another he was going to get that girl and find out why she was so odd, why she didn’t melt in his arms like other girls did when he helped them up. Hell she didn’t even cry, just made a silly nose and sighed, hmm he really needed a spar right now but the only thing around was a rock.

“Why don’t you go on into the forest and to the cave to sleep.” Wasn’t that the girl from earlier?

“Mom I want to stay up and help you regenerate plants, I want to see you magic for myself to.” Said a male child’s voice very poutally with a bottom lip out and trembling for effect to.

“I don’t think so youngman, you’re going straight to bed. Besides I don’t want you to waste your energy on something so trivial as the forest leave that to me. It will be healthy in no time at all, besides you’ll be busy this week anyway.” He couldn’t help but get up from the rock he sat on and sneak over to were the voices were coming from.

The girl was wearing a frown as the child had dropped some white things onto the ground getting them dusty; his lip was trembling as he had thought.

“What will I be doing this week then?” he asked in a mad tone, the girl giggled smiling this time.

“I will be teaching you kitsune magic, martial arts, weapons mastery, and herbal lore. Also I need to pick up some books, I wonder if Mrs. Smith’s village has a book store?” she mused the last part to herself under her breath.

“Now please pick up those pillows, Mrs. Smith was gracious enough to give us something to use.” The boy turned to his mother while nodding.

“Okay but do you promise to let me help you with plants next time?” Ryuhou was very bored listening about plants, what was this woman a botanist?

“Yes you can but for now let me plant the seedlings and watch them grow, we don’t need a man eating plant in the forest now do we?” She chuckled while the child gave her a quizzical look.

“Maybe we do, they should help with the prying eyes of others into our life’s. Are you sure you want to drag Mrs. Smith and her son into all this?” the child sounded concerned for his mother and some matter at hand.

“My son the fates have pulled and pushed me from the past to the future. Life has given me friends, enemies, and the people in-between, if fate deems it so Mrs. Smith will become involved in our quest but until then I advise you not to say a word to Jack. Besides she is the only one who has given us anything to use at the moment, we still need her to help us with a few more matters.” She sighed heavily; her eyes looked so aged yet were still young.

“Mom maybe the forest should wait until tomorrow, sides you have yet to tell me what our quest here is.” The child then seemed to grow in age, not arguing over the petty things a normal child would, his eyes showed one who has seen much his mothered showed she had seen and done more as they took on a steely edge; one such as a fighter.

“Mother told me before I left that Naraku’s heart was beating.” The child gasped at that statement while picking up the pillow in hand.

“I thought we defeated Naraku?” his voice was a bit shaky as he took a few steps to be beside his mother, they had stopped walking for the duration of the conversation but started to walk again; he stayed in earshot.

“She didn’t say Naraku himself but his heart. Do you remember the demon child I was forced to hold?” Ryuhou quirked an eyebrow, Mimori was talking about demons earlier, weird he thought.

“I really wasn’t there when it happened, me and Kirara went to get Inu Yasha to help you.”

“Well the demon child latched onto the blackness in my heart, keeping me and feeding off the negative energy. I think mother was trying to say the demon child survived to this time. If he is grown up I doubt that, but he might still be a baby with weird red eyes.” She shivered not from the cold but from something else, he decided that was enough information for now and he could always retrace his steps to find out what patch of forest it was that she lived in.

Running the opposite direction he never noticed the spell that was cast in a light blue glow, the orb hit his back impacting him making him fall to the dusty ground passing out. The orb however was absorbed into his spinal column following energy signatures going to the brain, once the orbs light blue light struck out at the part of the brain that remembered memories, it took out the last half hour of what he heard and did.

Once done it popped out of the back of the skull and past thick locks of aqua flying back to its host, which was Kagome.

“Wow mom how did you do that?” asked Shippou, one minute she standing there talking and the next her eyes lite up to a crystal blue color, now they’re back to the regular blue.

“I-I don’t know Shippou but I think my kitsune instincts are kicking in to protect us. Maybe I should wait until tomorrow night to help the forest it wouldn’t hurt. I’ll also ask mother why and how this happened. Come on we have to get back, unpack some stuff and then sleep I’m dog tired.” She smiled walking next to the small boy as they made their way to a steep hill and disappearing into the darkened woods from site of the aqua haired boy.

Kazuma hadn’t had a fight all day, even when scouting and patrolling the old altar hangouts for a good rough tumble no one was there it was all empty.

With a dejected sigh he headed over to the village looking for Tachibana only to find out that he left 20 minutes after checking in on a second patient that almost lost a leg. He was also informed that Ryuhou had been by as well, though that was much earlier then Tachibana’s second visit.

A bored expression was schooled on his face as a old man pointed out to which direction the aqua haired male went, with a nod of silent thanks to the gray haired wrinkly old man he was off to find his friend? Rival? Brother? He couldn’t say what they really were, who knew maybe since that big fight after the Mujo incident they became much closer then friends, suppose brothers would be more accurate.

This thought passing through his mind he walked on the darkness for quite some time before noticing this was leading to the altar forest where he had a big fight with the Warrior looking Altar there, even took a piece of the back bone of armor off. Sides the thing sounds like a beached whale, with that annoying keening sound all the time.

Discoloration on the land however brought him to the forefront to see that it was aqua colored hair, Ryuhou looked to be passed out or unconscious at the moment. So without hesitation he took up the boy placing the slacked arm over his neck while the right one hung on to it and his left arm braced the dead weights waist. So with much grumbling, falling and cursing that would make a sailor blush Kazuma finally got to the damned HAV.


Well what do you think, suspenseful? Oh yeah about the Mismatch I thought the name was cute yet not to fluffy for the warrior type of Altar the he is, plus the name matches the armor because unlike the other altars whose colors match and come in a color code –sweat drops- he dosen’t. Also sorry if I got the Youko Kurama story wrong, but I like it the way it is and so thus will stay this way. Please R&R for me so I may hear your thoughts. ^-^ Ja-ne!