InuYasha Fan Fiction / Shugo Chara Fan Fiction ❯ Nas Ne Dogonyat ❯ Another New Student? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Auroua: Well, I'm just full of tiddly-winks today, aren't I?
Amu: Yeah, we'll give you that one, even though you are acting like a crack-addict.
Kagome: Oh, shush, addition is never as bad as it seems.
Ikuto: Hmm, just wait until you're strung out and hanging off of a flag pole, naked, and you're yelling at the people offering to help get rid of the squirrels that are using your hair as a hiding place for their nuts.
Auroua: HEY! My hair will never be bushy enough to hide nuts in, that's Kagome's.
Kagome: What the eff man?
Ikuto: Aye, it's true.
Kagome: Oh shut up cat boy and someone do it.
Nadeshiko: I will! Auroua-chan does not own Inuyasha or Shugo Chara! at all, and she would really appreciate not getting sued anytime soon.
Kagome: Well done, cross-dresser, well done.
Amu: What?
Nadeshiko: NOTHING!
Auroua: Well... onto the story...
Nadeshiko:Yes... the story... nothing else...
-
Chapter 5: Another New Student!?
-
Kagome yawned and sat up in her bed, quickly shutting off the alarm and jumping up. Today she couldn't be more excited. Today, she had her first meeting with the Guardians.

Absentmindedly, she began to wonder once more about how things would flow over. What would happen once her brother found out? What would happen if Tadase figured out who she was?

Then what?

Thinking back to how close Tadase and herself had been as children, she could only hope that they could connect that way once more. If she explained, maybe everything would go back to how it was before everything spiraled downwards in her life.

But, then there was another question floating nosily through her head.

What of Ikuto? How would it blow over once he found out? Would he understand or would he be angry?

She huffed, to hell with Ikuto. Each time she thought of that problem, she always turned out not to care in the end. Even if she did, why should she? It wasn't like he cared enough to visit her anymore. He had abandoned her, even though he had said he wouldn't.

Feelings resurfaced, they were the same ones' she had experienced when Ikuto had told her he couldn't come to see her anymore. For the first time in what seemed like forever, she wanted to punch her own brother.

Hissing in slight disdain, she walked into her bathroom and got her morning shower.

After thirty minutes, she walked out of the bathroom. Dressing in her uniform, she walked down the stairs and spotted Touga and Sesshoumaru sitting at the table.

Taking a seat beside Sesshoumaru, she smiled lightly, "Good morning Touga-san, Sesshoumaru-san."

"Good morning, Kagome." Sesshoumaru nodded lightly before he stood. Nodding towards his father, he walked from the room.

Kagome sighed lightly, the feeling of being out of place settled in once more. She didn't understand why she still felt the way she did when she was near families. Maybe she was just weird.

"Kagome, dear, what is wrong?" Touga frowned.

"I guess I just feel uncomfortable."

"Why is that?" He asked, moving into the Sesshoumaru had been sitting in moments before.

Kagome shook her head, "It's just... I guess I just miss my father."

"That's not all of it though, is it?"

"No." She rubbed her face lightly, "I don't think Ikuto cares to see me anymore."

Touga frowned, "He's your brother, why on earth would you think that?"

"Because, the last time that I saw him was the first in almost three months." Kagome felt a tear slide down her face. "It's like he just doesn't want to deal with spending time with me. Siblings don't do that!"

"Kagome," Touga looked at her shocked, "What made you start thinking like this?"

"I started thinking everything over yesterday when Nagihiko-kun asked me if I would join the guardians." Kagome sighed, "I hate to think like this, but I'm positive I'm right."

Touga frowned again. He knew she wasn't used to having a father/daughter relationship, or a mother/daughter relationship at that but she needed the family time she never had anymore. "Kagome, how about this. After school today, why don't you and I go and spend time together? It will do you some good, and we still need to get you a dress for the business party we have to attend."

Kagome looked up, unease shining in her eyes, "You don't have to take time from your schedule. I can always wear a dress I have."

"Nonsense," Touga smiled, "You need bonding time, you and I are not as close as I wish for us to be anyway."

Kagome smiled, "Okay then."

Touga pulled her into a light hug, "Now, who is this Nagihiko boy? Should I be worried he'll put the moves on you?"

"Touga!" Kagome yelped and blushed, "Things aren't like that between us!"

"Hey! I know what twelve and thirteen year old boys start thinking of," Touga smiled, "Even if they are awkward while doing so."

Kagome hid her face, not believing what Touga had just implied. "Absolutely not! Things are not like that!"

Touga laughed, a loud booming sound, and patted her head gently, "Off to school, you have a meeting today correct?"

Kagome nodded, "Yes, I'm so excited!"

Touga smiled, "This is a side of you I haven't seen in a while." He patted her head gently, "I like it better. When Ikuto finds out, and he will, don't let it bring you down. Even if he doesn't want you doing running around with kids from school. If it makes you happy, do it. Everything has consequences. I believe your father already told you that before though, correct?"

Kagome nodded silently, "Yeah. I just don't care anymore if Ikuto approves or not, I already said I would do this and I won't back down. Ikuto doesn't have a say in what I do anymore. He gave up that right when he took me to live with the Higurashi family, and again when he brought me to live with you and Sesshoumaru."

Touga frowned lightly, "Kagome, everything will work out in the end. You will know who you can trust and who you can't. Right now, all you can do is enjoy your life the best you can."

Kagome looked up at him, "Yeah." She stood, grabbing her bag and slinging it over her shoulder, "I have to get going. I'm probably going to be late as it is because of this conversation."

Touga smiled, "Alright, remember, after school."

"Got it." Kagome smiled before walking from the house and down the street towards Seiyo.
-
Walking into Seiyo was boring, as always, but there was something different in the atmosphere. For the first time in, what seemed like, forever she was actually excited to be at school.

She didn't even care that she had hurried and ended up being early.

Deciding to head up to the library and find a book that was interesting, she hummed cheerfully on her way up the stairs. Reaching the top stair, however, Kagome collided with another person. Yelping, she fell forward, landing on said person.

Opening her eyes, she found herself staring at a pair of magenta.

Kagome blushed and jumped back off of Tadase, who was sitting on the floor and rubbing his head from confusion.

"I'm sorry!" Kagome fidgeted nervously, why though, she had no clue.

"Oh, Taisho-san, it's alright." Tadase smiled lightly as he stood, the smile soon faded as he looked her over, "Were you going to the library?"

"Oh, yeah," Kagome smiled slightly, "I needed to find a book that I can read."

Tadase smiled brightly once more and held his hand out to her, "Come on, I'll show you the way."

Kagome looked at his hand, unsureness filling her face. Swallowing her fear, she cautiously reached her hand out and lightly grasped his own.

Together, they walked down the hall in silence for a few moments before stopping in font of the large library.

"Thank-you, Hotori-san." Kagome smiled gently as she removed her hand from his, "I honestly had no clue where to go earlier."

"It wasn't a problem, Taisho-san." He looked her over once more, like her was trying to figure her out, "You really remind me of someone, but you can't be her."

"Huh?" Kagome feigned confusion, "Who?"

"An old friend of mine that I knew as a child, I have no clue where she is now though." Tadase frowned, "I miss her."

"Hotori-san," Kagome began, not able to comprehend what she had just heard. Now was her chance! "As time goes on, people change but the memory stays, and once you realize that, could you still care for them the same way?"

"Huh?"

"Would you still care for her, even if you do not know if she is the same as she was when she was a child?"

"I can never see her being so different." Tadase frowned, "When we were younger, we were always together."

Kagome smiled, "That is a yes, I believe." Kagome hesitated slightly, unsure if she wanted to say the truth or not, "Maybe you will run into her once more."

Tadase smiled, "You're right, Taisho-san."

"Call me Kagome please, I don't like honorifics."

"Alright, Kagome-san." Tadase smiled brighter, "You are getting more like her every time I talk to you."

"Is that bad or good?"

"Good, I believe." Tadase laughed, "Since I am calling you Kagome, you call me Tadase."

Kagome laughed, "Deal." She turned and walked into the library before turning once more, "I'll see you after school today."

Tadase smiled once more, "Oh, right, Nagihiko-kun mentioned that you agreed to join the guardians." He looked her over once more, "Today we'll explain everything to you, okay?"

Kagome nodded, "What time will it be over? Not that I'm trying to be rude or run off early, it's just that I agreed to spend time with my father after school." Kagome laughed, "I have to get a dress for a business party."

Tadase smiled her way before turning, "It will be over sometime before four-thirty."

"Okay!" Kagome smiled before turning to walk in the library. "See ya' then!"

Kagome hummed as she walked further back into the library, looking for a book that would hold interest for her.
-
Holding a book to her chest, Kagome quickly walked towards her class. She had accidentally lost track of time and was trying to hurry, without breaking the policy of no running in the school hallways.

Racing through the door, she let out an exhausted sigh as she slid into her seat in the lick of time. Seeing Yuu peer over at her and raise a brow she glared, quietly telling him not to say a word. He chuckled and shook his head before standing and walking to stand in front of the class.

"Good morning Minna-chan." He began, a large smile on his face, "Today we have another new student in the class so I hope you welcome him."

The door opened and a male with long auburn hair pulled up in a high ponytail walked in. He had cunning eyes and a playful air around him. He was tall but not that tall, easily he was 5'6". Kagome wasn't sure if she should trust him or not.

"Yo, my name is Kazuyami, Shippo. Not much to say about myself but I'm fairly athletic, smart, hard-headed, and I adore pulling pranks on people. I come off to ignorant and obnoxious to people, but I'm generally nice. If I like you." He let a sly smirk fall to rest on his face, "I'm like that saying, 'Never judge a book by It's cover.'. If you don't understand yet, you will sooner or later."

Yuu smiled, it was fake and forced- Kagome could tell that much, "Kazuyami, please take a seat behind Mashiro-chan."

Saying a small whatever, Shippo walked to his seat, catching Kagome's gaze with his own. Sending her a small smirk that only the two of them could see, he narrowed his eyes and continued on his way.

Kagome, hiding her nervousness, glared back at the strange boy. Now, she was completely sure she should be cautious of him.
-
Auroua: What do you think? Is Shippo a friend or an enemy? Remember, more reviews equal more updates faster!