InuYasha Fan Fiction / Shugo Chara Fan Fiction ❯ Walking Forward ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Auroua: Welcome to the first chapter of the Revised and edited version of Walking Forward. While I have not thought about taking the original version off of the site, I would like your opinion on that. If majority vote says I should keep it up, I might update it occasionally.

Ja' Minna.

Disclaimer: I'm not gonna put this on every chapter, so I'm gonna say this TWICE. I don't own Inuyasha or Shugo Chara! or anything else I may put in this, I repeat, I DO NOT own Inuyasha or Shugo Chara! or anything else I may put in this!
Thank you.

Well, on with the show!

I apologize, I have had the first few chapters done already, I've just been in a lazy mood. xD
-
Chapter 1: Prologue/Intro
-
Mint green eyes with flecks of gold and emerald opened and gazed calmly at the hand painted ceiling of the room. It was a hobby she had worked on for quite some time after moving in. Her bedroom was painted to resemble a sparkling blue waterfall and lake that had a picturesque glow of a shining moon and glowing stars upon it, it was calming and beautiful to her. It reminded her of her adventures in the Feudal Era, well, the good times when she wasn't under attack.

Sitting up in her twin sized bed, Kagome rubbed her eyes and yawned cutely. Standing, she smoothed out her pajamas, which were wrinkled due to her being a restless sleeper, and walked over towards her white dresser and pulled out a clean change underwear and a school uniform out of her closet before walking into her bathroom that was connected to her room and shutting the door quietly. Drawing her morning bath, she grabbed a purple clip and pulled her long and wavy dark raven, and lightly tinted red, colored hair to rest in a loose bun on the top of her head and waited for the large tub to fill completely.

Turning, she shut the water off and peeled her wrinkled clothes from her body and stepped into the warm water and sighed blissfully, sinking down to relax before the hectic hours of the day would be started. Today, she would be starting a new school. That school would happen to be Seiyo Academy, a school that she had heard was very stuck up. She was not looking forward to that at all.

Sighing under her breath at the thought, she quickly washed off and drained the tub. Wrapping a fuzzy peach colored towel around her body, she walked over to the mirror that was over the sink and wiped her hand across the steam-covered glass. Looking at her slightly blurred reflection, Kagome grabbed her toothbrush and put a little toothpaste on it and quickly brushed her teeth before letting her hair fall from the messy bun.

Letting the towel drop from her body, she quickly dressed in the Seiyo Academy uniform; A red plaid skirt, a white button-up shirt, a black blazer, a black belt, and a red tie.

She had altered the uniform with a few different assets. The sleeves to her blazer were completely gone and her sleeves on her button-up shirt were rolled up half way above her elbow. Underneath her plaid skirt was a pair of black long socks that reached her mid-thigh, she had on a pair of black fingerless gloves that stopped at her elbow, and a blue ribbon was tied around the knot of her tie, forming a little bow.

Pulling a blue brush through her sleek and long hair, she pulled it over her shoulder and settled with braiding her waist length hair.

Once that was done, she stood and walked into her bedroom, her Chara, Saya, was smiling cheerfully. Saya had dark raven and red tinted hair and bright blue eyes with purple specks. Saya hair was long, going to her waist, that was pulled up in a high ponytail, and she wore a bright green, almost mint, colored tank top and black shorts, with a pair of neon green high-tops.

Saya, in looks slightly, was a miniature her. They had different eye colors, but they were pretty similar in looks.

"Saya, you ready?" Kagome hummed as she was setting her other four, unhatched, Chara eggs into a smaller bag that connected to her hip before placing Saya's egg in and winding a small blanket around them.

Seeing her nod, Kagome sighed. She hated starting at a new school, no matter what, and the fact the semester had started a few weeks ago didn't help either. Shaking it out of her head, Kagome sighed before pulling on knee-length black boots before standing and walking to her door.

"Mother, I'm leaving now." Kagome placed her hand on the door, deciding to skip breakfast and waited as her mother walked towards her.

"Be careful," Her mother, Shiori, smiled gently, "I love you."

Kagome nodded and smiled. Her mother was kinder-heart and sweet woman.

Turning, she walked out of the door and towards the school that was a few blocks away.
-
Walking through the gate, Kagome let herself merge in with the other students of the school, her uniform signaling her out from the other girls'. She didn't mind that, she preferred to have her own style and she never wanted to feel like a clone.

Sighing under her breath as a group of people (females and males, Kagome noted in her mind) started squealing in excitement.

"Look! The Guardians are coming this way!"

"Kayahh! They're so cool!"

Tuning them out, she removed herself from the crowd of babbling guys and blushing girls and started on a different direction: Towards the school.

Making it about ten feet away from the crowd from before, new people stopped her, two girls to be direct. One had long black hair pulled up in two pigtails and light blue eyes, while the other had light brown hair that fell loosely to her shoulders and dark blue eyes.

"Hi! Are you new here?" The one with black hair asked cheerfully, "I'm Kori, Ichigo and this is my sister Kori, Mikaru."

"Uh," Kagome looked towards the ground slightly," Yeah. I'm starting today."

"Cool!" They squealed together

"Nani?" Kagome jumped at the outburst.

"Welcome to Seiyo!" Ichigo giggled.

"Seeing as you're new, you probably don't know who the Guardians are, huh?" Mikaru questioned and Kagome shook her head, "Okay, well you see, the Guardians are like the student council of Seiyo. Their are five chairs- Kings chair Hotori, Tadase; Queens Chair Mashiro, Rima; Aces Chair Yuiki, Yaya; Jacks Chair Fujisaki, Nagihiko; and Jokers Chair Hinamori, Amu."

Ichijo spoke up, "The Guardians get this really cool cape that matches either the girls' or boys' uniform for the school; Blue for the males and red for the females. Almost every Friday, they hold an assembly where all the students go and the Guardians do important announcements and stuff like that, talk about upcoming events, such as sports and such, and we can pitch ideas that they take into consideration for whatever it may be for."

"Yeah!" Mikaru pitched in, "It's a lot of fun, and seeing as they are the same age as us, they listen to what we have to say."

Kagome felt her eye twitch. She reckoned, they were going a little over bored. Turning her head slightly, she caught a glimpse of a purple-haired... boy? Well, boy was what she was going with since they were wearing the male uniform. The cape didn't look that desirable to her, maybe it would with a few altercations, but not as it was. It was, dare she say it? A bit bland.

"The capes aren't that great. A bit bland, don't you think?" Kagome looked at the twins and watched their reactions.

"Well," Ichigo started, "You do have a different way to your uniform."

"Yeah," Mikaru sighed, "It's all punk fashion like. The cape is strictly Seiyo, not all stylish and self-spoken."

Kagome twitched while Saya laughed loudly. Had this girl really said her uniform was all punk style? It wasn't that different, was it?

"Punk fashion?"

"Yeah!" Mikaru smiled, "You're all dark, punk and cute!"

Ichigo perked up, "We'll call you dark and cute!

"Yeah!" Mikaru high fived her sister while Kagome nervously backed up. What's with the labeling? That never happened at her old school!

"Um.. what?" Kagome blurted out once she was safely a few feet away from the nonsense talking girls.

"Oh, you're all dark and stylish. It matches your punk and self-spoken look you have going on, don't you think?" Ichigo smiled.

"Oh, um.. sure?" Kagome took a shot in the dark before the bells of the school went off, signaling that class was starting soon. "Well, look at that, I must be off. Don't want to be late for my first day, do I?"

Turning, Kagome rushed off, leaving the two girls standing behind her.
-
Walking down the emptied hallway, Kagome sighed. It seemed she was doing that quite often today. Hearing Saya giggling be her side quietly, Kagome let herself start laughing quietly along with her. Coming to a stop in the middle of the hall, Kagome clutched onto her sides and kept laughing, causing Saya to laugh harder.

Sobering up so she was only chuckling, Kagome walked towards the door of her class.

Tapping lightly on the door, she waited for a few seconds and heard a commotion and several children laugh.

'I wonder what that was all about.' Kagome was pulled from her musings when the door opened to reveal a man who looked to be in his late twenties. Give or take a few years. He had messy tan hair pulled back into a low ponytail and light, almost honey colored, brown eyes. He was wearing a tan-brown colored suit with a green tie. It clashed horribly.

"Can I help you, cutie?" He smiled and Kagome felt the desirable urge to kick him in the spleen... not that she even had a clue where it was located in a human's body. She would aim where her gut told her to.

"Um, yeah. I'm the new student. Minamino, Kagome."

"Oh! Come this way."

He, the teacher she hoped, urged her into the classroom and pushed her gently to the center of the room.

"Minna-chan, we have a new student joining us today, welcome her." He smiled Kagome's way, "Introduce yourself."

Shaking her head slightly, she took a breath, "Hello everyone. My name is Minamino, Kagome and I sing. I have an eidetic memory, meaning I remember every thing I see, hear, read, etc. It's a gift and a burden. Respect is a mutual thing, meaning if you give me respect, I'll be more than happy to offer you mine. I like to have my space. I don't like being like others around me, I'd prefer to be how I would like to be. I'm fragile, so please, treat me kindly."

Several boys had gotten hearts in their eyes once she has walked into the room, while several girls turned their noses up in jealously. After a few moments of pondering, majority of the people in the room cheered brightly, "Dark and cute!"

Blinking twice, Kagome wondered if she had heard that right. It was the exact thing those two girls had said earlier. Had they just over heard or did everyone here think on the same track?

Shaking it from her head, Kagome walked over to her seat. She sat next to that purple-haired girlish looking boy she had seen earlier. He was Guardian, wasn't he?

Sitting in her seat, which a black haired boy had pulled out for her, she looked forward while Saya went around the room, tossing things at random people and giggling about it. Kagome saw her actions and started giggling herself. Leave it to Saya to find amusement in a school classroom.
-
Nagihiko looked towards the giggling girl beside him and followed her line of vision. What he saw shocked him slightly. Tossing bits of paper an eraser bits, along with anything small and lain forgotten over counters or on the floor, was a small Chara with long raven and red tinted hair pulled up in a high ponytail. She was giggling and throwing things at the students in the room. He started to chuckle quietly under his breath.
-
Saya was bored. There was literately nothing to do sitting in Kagome's bag.

Retreating out, she noticed an erased lying innocently on the floor and a beautiful idea hatched in her head. Darting down to pick up the eraser, she chucked it at a small girl in the front, making her jump and look towards the direction it had came from, but of course, she did not see Saya, just the boy that was staring at her adoringly ans the girl glared back at him.

Saya giggled loudly and started to search for more trash and discarded stuff lying around the room; Bits of paper, erasers, pieces of led, pen caps, buttons and crayon pieces and started to randomly throw them at people.

Giggling louder, Saya heard Kagome start to giggle quietly, causing Saya to laugh harder.

"Kagome-chan is laughing!" Saya cheered happily.
-
Shaking her head, Kagome calmed her giggles and felt something hit her forehead. Looking down, she saw a single button laying discarded on her desk. Eyes glancing up, she saw Saya giggle and dart away from sight.

Hearing chuckled coming from beside her, Kagome's eyes darted to her right and saw the purple-haired boy laughing quietly and realization hit her. Hard

He could see Saya.
-
Auroua: How was it? I have the next two chapters already done and typed, but I will not upload the second one until I get a few reviews. How about 5? That seems good.

Another thing, my internet connection sucks lately, so please be patient.

Review&Favor&Subscribe.

Ja'Minna!